Gator Rush Free Update coming September 26th

Beat me to it :)

September is going to be a busy month in terms of gaming (Forza Horizon, Motorsport and now Gator Rush). Those new hovercrafts look sweet, and that Nomad :drool:

Nice that these packs will include multiple types of vehicles. I wonder if it will add more events than just the new discipline?

Nice that these packs will include multiple types of vehicles. I wonder if it will add more events than just the new discipline?

Yes, more events for some of the other disciplines are coming.

Hovercraft isn’t the only new challenge coming in The Crew® 2 this September. Additional Hypercar, Touring Car, and Jetsprint events will fire up the competition, while the latest episode of the Live Xtrem Series will take players through an exhilarating threefold race, including Rally Cross, Hypercar, and Hovercraft segments. New Skills will also be added to the open world for some of your favorite disciplines.

https://thecrew-game.ubisoft.com/th...rush-is-coming-to-the-crew®-2-on-september-26
http://is2.4chan.org/v/1534836021363m.jpg

Timing is disappointing considering Horizon 4 is around the corner, but I can't really complain about free content adding longevity to the game.

I would have like to see more drift and offroad (yes i realize that GR is technically an offroad event) events.

I honestly don't care about the jetsprint races. That and air race are the only disciplines that haven't finished or even grinded up to hard lvl.

Game isn't actually as bad as I expected... still, I strongly dread those Ace difficulty events. Fully tuned cars and most probably lunatic level rubber-banding.

p78
I would have like to see more drift and offroad (yes i realize that GR is technically an offroad event) events.

I honestly don't care about the jetsprint races. That and air race are the only disciplines that haven't finished or even grinded up to hard lvl.

I'd love to see some more drift events, overall I think drift is my favourite discipline in the entire game and the amount of events for drifting felt very low.

We should be knowing what is to expect from this very soon as it's a week out now.
Should already have what should be in and what we would likely know what will not be in.

I'm taking a "what you see is what you get" view of this update. Anything else that hasn't been specified until this point would be nice, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Im expecting somehow the "rubberbanding" AI finds a way to cheat the system again and then a week later some "exploit" will be found to ruin the rest of the casual players.

Im expecting somehow the "rubberbanding" AI finds a way to cheat the system again and then a week later some "exploit" will be found to ruin the rest of the casual players.

I am hoping that with the update on the 26th that the rubber banding effect from the AI is taken away and other issues to be fixed in the game. I will be starting to play it tomorrow.

In what events is there bad rubberbanding? All I've observed is that the AI can be faster in some places and slower in others -- for example, in hypercars, my McLaren F1 has always left the pack way behind on freeways, while the AI tends to make up ground where there's more corners. I have not noticed any rubberbanding in the player's favor, either -- if you don't have a high enough perf level to keep up, there's no chance. On the other hand, with a high enough perf level (varying depending on the discipline/vehicle), the AI has no chance.

I would appreciate it if they spruce up the game a bit along with the new content, like fixing it so it won't reset the vehicles in your home, which makes that whole function pointless.

Patch notes are live for tomorrow's update (Gator Rush)

We've got a sneak peek at the December update accompanying the release of PvP

Thoughts on where the next expansion is heading? Clearly got to do with destruction of some sort, but I wouldn't go as far as saying a demolition derby game mode given the lacklustre damage modelling.

I wonder if there will be "Live" legendary loot crates around.
And once again seeing that they call it an exploit on "The Accident" redoing the rewards. Because it was the fastest event you could actually do and get decent amounts.

I don't think TC2 will hold much longer with other games out and being more towards that we want people to play online with others but still no PVP (Until December)

I kinda figured they would patch The Accident trick.

And a lot of people seem to bet on Demolition Derby for the next expansion.

I assume this means the update will be live in about 6 hours
20180926_003815.jpg

20180926_043600.jpg

Last edited:
I can confirm that Legendary loot drops from hard events.
So you don't need "Ace" difficulty to get yellow drops.

Edit2:
After playing for some time, "Ace" difficulty isn't that challenging, I have completed a few events with a 272 car and still won by 10 seconds.
Secondly, Hovercars suck at handling. That's all.

Also there are 5 different "sets"

Edit:
Skills Set (Adds x2 multiplayer for skills)
Nitro Set (Adds x2 to nitro)
Fame Set (Adds x2 to followers)
Live Set (Adds x2 to live rewards)
Loot Set (Adds x2 to loot rewards (Max 10))

Edited to all Set Bonuses.

Last edited:
Well I have found all 5 set loots and well I don't know which one would benefit more.

Edit:
See the RNG is still a mess.
So far still getting lower parts.
I just wish they would of kept it the way it was before where you can at lease fully max it out and then pay for what you want on other cars.

Edit2:
Hovercars are more like bumpercars.
Fun to play with your friends but not fun to play against the ai

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with this update. I was only partway through completing events on Hard difficulty, so with Ace difficulty added to the pile, plus more events and photo ops, and the fact that I've now reached a point where some perf part grinding has become necessary, it feels like there's an abundance of things to do, which isn't a bad thing. It seems like they did in fact fix the vehicle displays in your home, which is nice (though I haven't logged back in again yet).

I bought a hovercraft for the new discipline but didn't actually get around to racing it yet. I just continued where I left off, criss-crossing the map to complete events on Hard while enjoying the drive and scooping up Live crates for the disciplines whose events I don't want to grind.

I found a bug at lease I think.
With the new "Yellow" parts or "Legendary" parts.
If you have any of them equipped and you don't have the "Have epic parts on your car" trophy it still won't do because it thinks that "Legendary" is lower than "Epic"

I found a bug at lease I think.
With the new "Yellow" parts or "Legendary" parts.
If you have any of them equipped and you don't have the "Have epic parts on your car" trophy it still won't do because it thinks that "Legendary" is lower than "Epic"
Thanks for the info, that's the only achievement I don't have yet.

Getting used to the hovercraft at last hehe I found outside view 1 to be best and keep one eye on the map @ all time so your turning well before the bend and keep full throttle .I also went and got the speedster and put all icon points to bulldozer and bumper and did a few pro settings tweaks like upping pitch and roll stiffness 2 adding 1 to oversteer and taking 2 off grip factor give it a try see how you get on :)

Latest Posts

Back