Geneva VGT???

• Thread starter A_A_RO_N
  • 231 comments
I had a bit of fun tonite. I read many of the negative posts in this thread, looked at where the poster was located, and consulted my nifty GMT chart.

It is simply supposition on my part, as I don't know any of your work schedules, but it APPEARS that many of these naysayers that are criticising PD for " Not giving us value for our money, being dishonest, stealing from us, etc" seem to be posting at at time that suggests that they are at work when responding.

If that is indeed true, are you not "stealing" from your employer, not following through on your promises of what you claimed that you would do in exchange for money, saying one thing and doing another?????

If this is indeed the case, you know who you are, and should be completely ashamed of yourself for being hypocritical and doing exactlly what you are demonizing PD for allegedly doing.

I'm Just Sayin............

I had a bit of fun tonite. I read many of the negative posts in this thread, looked at where the poster was located, and consulted my nifty GMT chart.

It is simply supposition on my part, as I don't know any of your work schedules, but it APPEARS that many of these naysayers that are criticising PD for " Not giving us value for our money, being dishonest, stealing from us, etc" seem to be posting at at time that suggests that they are at work when responding.

If that is indeed true, are you not "stealing" from your employer, not following through on your promises of what you claimed that you would do in exchange for money, saying one thing and doing another?????

If this is indeed the case, you know who you are, and should be completely ashamed of yourself for being hypocritical and doing exactlly what you are demonizing PD for allegedly doing.

I'm Just Sayin............

Interesting. Is there any correlation between location and criticism and/or hypocriticism?

Interesting. Is there any correlation between location and criticism and/or hypocriticism?
Other than one being "more hypo", No. LOL. It was simply something that I was pondering today at work, whether any of these posts may have been done on an employer's time that they are actually paying an employee to do work for them instead of comlain about Gran Turismo.

To attempt to steer this conversation back on topic, can you tell me, please, when the Geneva show ends? I am still hopeful that we may somehow see some type of release pertaining to Gran Turismo 6. While any of the fixes that the general population want would be grand, I'd still be happy with a BMW car release, or better yet, another track.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he......;)

To attempt to steer this conversation back on topic, can you tell me, please, when the Geneva show ends? I am still hopeful that we may somehow see some type of release pertaining to Gran Turismo 6. While any of the fixes that the general population want would be grand, I'd still be happy with a BMW car release, or better yet, another track.

16th.

Night shift?

Self-employed?

I've thought about what could be happening at PD, trying to calm down and fend of the "what's PD NOT doing" ideas.....

Here's what I think:

1) Less than a dozen people spend time prepping the GT5 seasonal events and getting ready for any final, closing updates for 1-3 full days apiece every week. Seems plenty reasonable.

2) The main bulk of the people who worked on finishing GT6 (presentation, menu, gameplay, etc) now don't have anything to do. (Since that has been finalized and is now released.) So, I can see from 30 to 100 people spending the great majority of their time conceptualizing the new game and working on any advancements, as well as simply becoming familiar with what the PS4 can, and will, do.

3) 30 to 100 people (yes, I'm counting that not everyone works on ONE thing only) are working on polishing GT6 and getting new things out to us.

4) Everyone else is supporting these roles and/or checking code and debugging.

That should easily cover what they are doing. Speculation can cover what we think their ideas can (or we want them to) be, and where the resources are REALLY being used.

Maybe someone in the know can give us a hint as to how large (and how many) the groups are, to give us an idea of the number (at least) of things being worked on, and the push for each one. (@Jordan? ;) )

Sounds reasonable. Let the speculation begin! ;)

No proof that I am willing to post, however I saw this morning that a friend with direct ties to SCEA says there will be an update of some sort tomorrow morning. I hope this update includes the BMW Vision GT.

A few points here:

When Jordan said that we would get an update within a week and then it was delayed, some of you seemed to lose your mind and your sense of respect. Save it, no one wants to here your flood of negativity.

If you think my statement is inaccurate, Fine. You don't need to read it, and can feel free to simply move on.

I feel that this source is legit. He told me once that I would be allowed to meet PD's Modeling Crew at Grand Touring Garage and watch the Trans-Cammer get scanned into GT5. That happened as promised. FACT.... I have hundreds of pictures to prove it too.....

He also told me that we would get to meet Kaz himself and talk to him. That happened too. We were in the VIP lounge all night as promised with Kaz, PD Staff, and most all the previous SEMA GT Award winners.

He told me we would get to play GT5 a month before it released, that also happened. All night from about 8 PM to 2 am when they finally gave us all the boot

I certainly hope that tomorrow's update does happened as planned, but frankly could care less if anyone else believes that it will. I guess we'll all know tomorrow nite if it did indeed come true.

@SWERV_GRIFFIN I certainly don't doubt your sources - they can't be as bad as every other that has been quoted saying there will be an update over the past month, but then it doesn't happen. Even Jordan's sources weren't correct.

So I think this time it's not a question of your credibility of your sources, but the credibility of the sources themselves. I am becoming to think of that SCEA representative from the roundtable is the liar, not Kazunori. And because he was also from SCEA and Jordan's source was also from SCEA I have a feeling they don't really have a clue what's going on either.

@SWERV_GRIFFIN I certainly don't doubt your sources - they can't be as bad as every other that has been quoted saying there will be an update over the past month, but then it doesn't happen. Even Jordan's sources weren't correct.

So I think this time it's not a question of your credibility of your sources, but the credibility of the sources themselves. I am becoming to think of that SCEA representative from the roundtable is the liar, not Kazunori. And because he was also from SCEA and Jordan's source was also from SCEA I have a feeling they don't really have a clue what's going on either.
@ianoflo85. Understood. I also expect many if not the majority of readers to question the validity of this info. I am still hopeful that this info is accurate and we will get some sort of update. I temper it with the knowledge that things could very well change within 24 hours. That still does not make me look forward with any less anticipation. The thing is, if it does not happen, not only will I not be the slightest bit embarrassed, I won't be all filled with rage and let disappointment and anger spill all over this forum as is so prevalent with so many users.

Here's a toast to Perpetual Hope........ ;)

No proof that I am willing to post, however I saw this morning that a friend with direct ties to SCEA says there will be an update of some sort tomorrow morning. I hope this update includes the BMW Vision GT.

A few points here:

When Jordan said that we would get an update within a week and then it was delayed, some of you seemed to lose your mind and your sense of respect. Save it, no one wants to here your flood of negativity.

If you think my statement is inaccurate, Fine. You don't need to read it, and can feel free to simply move on.

I feel that this source is legit. He told me once that I would be allowed to meet PD's Modeling Crew at Grand Touring Garage and watch the Trans-Cammer get scanned into GT5. That happened as promised. FACT.... I have hundreds of pictures to prove it too.....

He also told me that we would get to meet Kaz himself and talk to him. That happened too. We were in the VIP lounge all night as promised with Kaz, PD Staff, and most all the previous SEMA GT Award winners.

He told me we would get to play GT5 a month before it released, that also happened. All night from about 8 PM to 2 am when they finally gave us all the boot

I certainly hope that tomorrow's update does happened as planned, but frankly could care less if anyone else believes that it will. I guess we'll all know tomorrow nite if it did indeed come true.

Swerv has the pics!!!

Other than one being "more hypo", No. LOL. It was simply something that I was pondering today at work, whether any of these posts may have been done on an employer's time that they are actually paying an employee to do work for them instead of comlain about Gran Turismo.
Awww man, you were doing so well with your posts up to this point.

Awww man, you were doing so well with your posts up to this point.
Sorry to have disappointed you. Shame, really.......

There seems to be such a expectation here that everyone( including Sony and PD) please the users here. Likely a few of you will continue along that road of disappointment, from day to day....

Sorry to have disappointed you. Shame, really.......

There seems to be such a expectation here that everyone( including Sony and PD) please the users here. Likely a few of you will continue along that road of disappointment, from day to day....
Oh hey, don't get me wrong. I actually agree with you to some degree. And I'm content with GT6, and I'm patient enough to wait for their updates which will no doubt be spectacular given how long they've been working on them.

I was just disappointed that you were dropping pipebombs on people wasting time at work when you were doing the same. <3 you though, bro.

Oh hey, don't get me wrong. I actually agree with you to some degree. And I'm content with GT6, and I'm patient enough to wait for their updates which will no doubt be spectacular given how long they've been working on them.

I was just disappointed that you were dropping pipebombs on people wasting time at work when you were doing the same. <3 you though, bro.
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion??? I work about 10 miles from the major urban area where I live as a Custom Painter of 2 million dollar Motorcoaches. We have NO internet at work, and cell phones only work occasionally outside. What i was actually doing was thinking about posts from the previous evening as I was laying out custom paintjobs during the day. I am at GMT -8. Feel free to check the timestamp on any of my posts ever. It is always in the evening after I return home from work.

I am laughing heartliy right now. I am nervy at times, just not quite nervy enough to critcise folks for engaging in a certain behaviour if I ever would do the same thing.......

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion??? I work about 10 miles from the major urban area where I live as a Custom Painter of 2 million dollar Motorcoaches. We have NO internet at work, and cell phones only work occasionally outside. What i was actually doing was thinking about posts from the previous evening as I was laying out custom paintjobs during the day. I am at GMT -8. Feel free to check the timestamp on any of my posts ever. It is always in the evening after I return home from work.

I am laughing heartliy right now. I am nervy at times, just not quite nervy enough to critcise folks for engaging in a certain behaviour if I ever would do the same thing.......
Gotcha. Hope there's no hard feelings, good sir. Merely making an observation that I'm sure lots of others will. Hopefully they will see this post. :)

My prediction:
It could be the M4 Racing Series

After update:
3029920-4973625090-Close.png

Just thought about going to the expo and taking pictures of the possibly next VGTs, but I think early-access-auto-magazines will or already covered it :grumpy:

Plus, this year I have no free ticket to benefit from :dopey:

Back