GPS Course Creator: If/When Released, will it Generate More Interest in GT6, or is it too late?

Do you feel the GPS Course Creator will spark new/revived interest in GT6?

• Total voters
Hate to be a pessimist and say it but IF and I emphasize the if PD ever get round to releasing it what's to say they wont pull the same trick they did with the beyond the apex app and release a GPS Course creator on iOS only ?

With the market share of Apple devices compared to Android it wont renew all that much interest in GT6, I say this because "PD logic" or lack thereof.

Think about forward compatibility to GT7, so it should be Vita compatible.

We perhaps also know better than to get carried away.
No we don't. :lol:

That said, if indeed the PD teams main focus is on GT6 on the PS3, instead of on GT7 (or even GT6) on the PS4, then IMO that's not a good sign at all. It means that a PS4 GT will probably not be launched before holiday season 2016, and probably after that (holiday season 2017). In the mean time, competitors will have had one, possibly two releases out and a lot more experience with the current-gen platform. I just can't fathom that a 1st party would do this, I just can't, especially with the bad weather Sony is already in. It's commercial suicide.

I just see an interview of Kazunori on a french video games tv show ( Game One ) . Interview about the Alpine as main subject , but when the guy try to get a release date for GT7 Kaz said that " the game is on development since a while " but " launch is not for tomorrow " cause " the team focused on a big Update to come in GT6 ".
Sound really like a 2.0 GT5 update .
Too late or not , it's nice to see than even working on a futur game , they try to add a lot of feature on the old one .

I confirm !

Spring will be a nice period for GT6 :)

To a degree, it's a known quantity: BSpec and Coursemaker. Things that nobody cares about, supposedly.

Besides, they've been speculated over endlessly since GT5 launched, effectively. And the next update has always been the one that'll fix all ills, so this is nothing new.

Now realistically, all we can do is wait. We perhaps also know better than to get carried away. Maybe.
Don't forget the FIA partnership which almost certainly has to be part of this big update, maybe the primary focus of it. Given the dearth of real car DLC so far (IMO of course) and PD's apparent ability to model nearly 100 cars/year, I would not be surprised to see a couple of multi-car packs, a track or two, additional events of some kind likely Seasonals plus an FIA competition of sorts and the FIA partnership all rolled into one. Add in CM and BSpec and you've got yourself a "big update". All aboard!!!

View attachment 309919

To a degree, it's a known quantity: BSpec and Coursemaker. Things that nobody cares about, supposedly.

Besides, they've been speculated over endlessly since GT5 launched, effectively. And the next update has always been the one that'll fix all ills, so this is nothing new.

Now realistically, all we can do is wait. We perhaps also know better than to get carried away. Maybe.
Don't forget the FIA partnership which almost certainly has to be part of this big update, maybe the primary focus of it. Given the dearth of real car DLC so far (IMO of course) and PD's apparent ability to model nearly 100 cars/year, I would not be surprised to see a couple of multi-car packs, a track or two, additional events of some kind likely Seasonals plus an FIA competition of sorts and the FIA partnership all rolled into one. Add in CM and BSpec and you've got yourself a "big update". All aboard!!!

gt6 big update hype train.png

I think there will be more updates, not just one.

I could be wrong but I think the size of the update, if everything was included.....

It will do both in my opinion. It will gain some more folks, but some people have already permanently switched to something else.👍

To be honest , the GPS aspect is not of great importance to me when it comes to the course maker. I'd use it a couple of times I guess, if I have supported technology.. but mostly I'm just hoping the creator itself has lots of functions and freedom. I can't create the kind of courses I want to create with a GPS tool.

Even so, I wonder how the GPS function will work on PS3.

It's weird but I have trouble believing that a system as PS3will operate this feature. I suppose, It's not to be expected a complicated thing

I have to see it to believe :D

To be honest , the GPS aspect is not of great importance to me when it comes to the course maker. I'd use it a couple of times I guess, if I have supported technology.. but mostly I'm just hoping the creator itself has lots of functions and freedom. I can't create the kind of courses I want to create with a GPS tool.
I personally don't want to have to provide any input whatsoever. Give me an endless road, and allow me to choose the theme by driving towards it. Turn left here onto a gravel road, right here onto a motorway, through the tunnel into a cityscape, out again into a new landscape, up into the mountains etc.

Now, that's somewhat wishful thinking, but I hope that, if you select a theme (landscape), there will be an "endless" mode to it, as you drive.

Either that, or it can pre-generate a modest branching network once (GT5 style), like a kind of lo-fi Ronda / Andalucia on a synthetic scenery, or perhaps over something like Sierra.

I expect there will be things PD can do with it on PS4 that might overstretch the PS3.

I just see an interview of Kazunori on a french video games tv show ( Game One ) . Interview about the Alpine as main subject , but when the guy try to get a release date for GT7 Kaz said that " the game is on development since a while " but " launch is not for tomorrow " cause " the team focused on a big Update to come in GT6 ".
Sound really like a 2.0 GT5 update .
Too late or not , it's nice to see than even working on a futur game , they try to add a lot of feature on the old one .
Did he say something about a possible February Update? :)

Even so, I wonder how the GPS function will work on PS3.

It's weird but I have trouble believing that a system as PS3will operate this feature. I suppose, It's not to be expected a complicated thing

I have to see it to believe :D
Maybe before releasing a "GPS" Course Creator, why just not release a "Non-GPS" Course Creator.
It ll be more easer for PD i guess...:rolleyes:

Maybe before releasing a "GPS" Course Creator, why just not release a "Non-GPS" Course Creator.
It ll be more easer for PD i guess...:rolleyes:

According to the description on gran-turismo.com, that seems to be the plan. The basic Course Maker will be released first, and then later the GPS app and function will be added.

Of course, that was written years ago so who knows if it's still accurate. ;)

Back