Gran Turismo 6 Online End of Service

• Thread starter regnar
  • 345 comments
Is it just because the hacked cars? Maybe for others it is a good reason. I think the dlc cars and tracks are worth more. So again, why to downgrade to v2.11.
BTW commentssections of old articles like updates are not available anymore, because that was the first thing I searched for.

Again best to research a bit more... just because one may have GT5 v2.11 does not mean they don’t have every single car and track...

Wasnt there years of GT deadzone from GT4 -> GT5/GT5P?

I beleive we are in the same situation if you dont want to accept GTS.

There most certainly was, but not as much as of now because of the gradual shift to get into eSports, which to be frank may work out because of how GT Academy was a big success in early 2009 (it started with the 2009 Time Trial Demo was out).

To me, who uses a PS3 now more than ever is that there are still so many games that are good that need to be played. GT for example, even in GT5 most people didn't go online because either certain individuals of the community were pretty bad, but it ended up being a wonderful experience, same with GT6. I dunno something about GT: Sport that doesn't have that niche to it, like it used to.

Hello guys, i wanted to know... I plan to buy GT6 in Febuary to get all the trophies but PD said it will be over to get a DLC after 01/31. Does it mean that the DLC with Ayrton Senna and his the trophies will be impossible to achieve or PD talk about the extension of credit that we can found on the Playstation Store ?

Thank you for the reply.

Hello guys, i wanted to know... I plan to buy GT6 in Febuary to get all the trophies but PD said it will be over to get a DLC after 01/31. Does it mean that the DLC with Ayrton Senna and his the trophies will be impossible to achieve or PD talk about the extension of credit that we can found on the Playstation Store ?

Thank you for the reply.
Probably regarding the microtransactions, since Ayrton Senna DLC is simply a part of an update.

Again best to research a bit more... just because one may have GT5 v2.11 does not mean they don’t have every single car and track...

Maybe it is just me, but can someone else explain why v2.11 is so great except "hacked cars"? Is there something with the course maker or is Jenkins gone? What did I missed? If it is because you can't get en 100000hp+ Honda Civic anymore just say it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/search/?q=2.12

So it mean that i can get the trophy of the DLC Ayrton Senna even after the 01/31 ?
I would say yes, it was a part of an update rather than a separated DLC download.
Maybe it is just me, but can someone else explain why v2.11 is so great except "hacked cars"? Is there something with the course maker or is Jenkins gone? What did I missed? If it is because you can't get en 100000hp+ Honda Civic anymore just say it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/search/?q=2.12
2.11 was the last update where players were able to fully mod their cars using the GT5 garage editor. You could swap engine, transmission, drivetrain, exhaust...etc from one car to another and also change the remove the spoiler (you couldn't do that back in GT5, unlike GT6), change paint..etc. Starting from 2.12, PD attempted to patch them by making the "Hybrid/Hacked car" specs revert to stock and by 2.15, they completely patched those hacked cars.

It's worth pointing out that these so called hybrid cars goes back all the way to the original GT with the likes of Gameshark and so on. For various people, those modding are what kept GT5 interesting for them and IMO the reason why i think 2012/early 2013 were the gold age of GT5 online. Not all Hybrid cars are silly 100000+ Civic's or Red Bull X2010's, i have seen some interesting mods.

Sadly we never had that level of tools for GT6 unless you owned a CFW PS3.

Last edited:
Many Thanks @ToyGTone

I didn't realize that the customizing was limited that far. I didn't used that option much. But I do know how frustrating it can be in online lobbies when some people started to drive with swapped engines.

I told you there will be an update for gt6, theyll remove the online features or make them unavailable.
Same as gt5..
The same faces gt sport someday and im sure theyll leave an unfinished product like gt5,6.

This is really sad, obviously it's been done to make players move to GTS (since GT6 online is peer to peer and probably doesn't cost much to maintain)
I don't really care for online that much in the Gran Turismo games but for GT6 it really is a problem since race payouts are awful and online was the only real good thing about it anyways.

Though I haven't played GT6 since shortly before I got my PS4 back in 2015, I do hate to see this happen, but I knew it would eventually. I personally never cared for the online play, but I did like the seasonal events as well as racing on the course maker tracks and now I wonder what I will do when I play the game again after it's shut down. I think I depended on seasonal events for cash and I am not sure what I will do afterwards since it's been a while.

My biggest concern though is the course maker and it's tracks. Could they possibly release a patch allowing us to still use them? I am not counting on it, but I do hope they do something about it similar to what they did in GT5 with it's DLC.

Man, this makes me quite sad... although the quality of the rooms in Gran Turismo 6 were not that great in 2017 (Cough, cop lobbies, Cough). Still, the servers should have stayed aloft for a little longer since it’s currently the only “old school” Gran Turismo that still has online.

My biggest memories where definitely when Marvinthegamer27 and SkyHurricane did open lobby livestreams in mid/late 2017, they provided competitive clean racing with serious events and wacky vehicles.

Unfortunately, I don’t have Gran Turismo Sport and a ps4 compatible wheel so it will definitely affect me.
It basically makes my console, wheel and stand obsolete . I also read that support for the PS3 will also end.

At least GT6 will still be playable after servers are off. But what about GT Sport? :confused:
But, no online play..

What honestly is the purpose of this? There are 12 year old games out there that still have an Online mode available. It seems pointless to shut off the servers. Could they at least release a final update that removes all the Online crap from the game menus then so players don't have to be bothered with unusable bloat? Of course they won't, because they never did with 5 and 5 Prologue but it would be a very nice gesture after giving your players a proverbial middle finger for the third time in the 7th-gen in regards to online.

Though I haven't played GT6 since shortly before I got my PS4 back in 2015, I do hate to see this happen, but I knew it would eventually. I personally never cared for the online play, but I did like the seasonal events as well as racing on the course maker tracks and now I wonder what I will do when I play the game again after it's shut down. I think I depended on seasonal events for cash and I am not sure what I will do afterwards since it's been a while.
Get a Huayra, full tune it, and B-Spec Bob Like The Wind's Route X race. That will be the only way of making decent money repetitively with relatively little effort.

Alas. Screw this. I have no words. Bet 100% they still have the budget to keep the server but choose not to. This is just forcing at this point.
100% this.

I started hosting my nightly room right after The Great PSN Blackout of 2011. That was GT5. I switched to GT6 the day it came out. My room still fills up just about every night.

I would happily run my GT6 room for another two years and wait for a proper GT 7.

I am still not sure if I am going to make the switch to Sport. $700 for the console, wheel, game and PSN Plus, add to that the lack of cars (especially lower end) and tracks...

It truly is the end of an era.

I yanked my cable to see what we would be left with once they shut down online. At least we will still have all our cars, single player on the official maps and the career modes. I can run low PP cars to get a challenge on the higher career mode games. I still will have my GT300, GT500 and GT3 type cars to drive as well as my MR2 Spyder tuned up like my actual IRL 2ZZ Spyder. I can still have fun and I can use my driving rig to plat iRacing also. A PS4, GTS and a new wheel and pedal set is something that I have no desire for.

I yanked my cable to see what we would be left with once they shut down online. At least we will still have all our cars, single player on the official maps and the career modes. I can run low PP cars to get a challenge on the higher career mode games. I still will have my GT300, GT500 and GT3 type cars to drive as well as my MR2 Spyder tuned up like my actual IRL 2ZZ Spyder. I can still have fun and I can use my driving rig to plat iRacing also. A PS4, GTS and a new wheel and pedal set is something that I have no desire for.
There will be an update than will change how the menu looks, so its not quite the same thing.

It's really sad. servers should be turned on for at least 5 years after the release of the game...
So they shut it down 7 months too early, not too bad ;)

There will be an update than will change how the menu looks, so its not quite the same thing.

So they shut it down 7 months too early, not too bad ;)

I wonder if the update will remove anything that we really would want to keep or whether it will just clean up the UI. If it was going to take something that I would like to keep then I would just not download the update.

I think everything will remain as is, apart from: Community, Open Lobby, Quick Match, Seasonal Events, and GT Store.
So the entire "Online" menu will possibly be removed, or it will still be there but have a message saying online services has ended.
The "News" section will likely remain. Maybe also the " Messages" will remain, but I'm unsure about that one. :)

All the now-useless Online features will remain to clog up the menu. PDI may be self-proclaimed perfectionists, but they don't do spring cleaning.

Haven't played GT6 too much, just recently got a wheel for it.

What happens to updates once the servers are shut down? If we need to reinstall the game in the future, will we still be able to do the updates? Are these served different from the DLC?

Cheers

What happens to updates once the servers are shut down? If we need to reinstall the game in the future, will we still be able to do the updates? Are these served different from the DLC?
That's only a concern if PSN feels like taking down the PS3 servers down. So not much to worry about except track maker.

Back