Gran Turismo 6 Online End of Service

• Thread starter regnar
  • 345 comments
I haven't touched GT5 in years, but going off memory, I don't think they removed the any of the icons when the servers shut down and I wouldn't expect GT6 to do it either.
Get a Huayra, full tune it, and B-Spec Bob Like The Wind's Route X race. That will be the only way of making decent money repetitively with relatively little effort.
Ah yes, this was the race I used to do back in the days for credits. Thank you!

So crazy as I remember having so much fun with GT6 open lobbies back in late 2016 on my friend's PS3, and back in 2015 when I was in 11th grade I'd come home and mostly play some gt6 online on my brother's PS3. Can't believe the servers are shutting down I didn't think they'd shut out PS3 GT players entirely. But it's PD so I should've known better

I actually planned on buying my own PS3 this month to play gt6 again but idk now. Though I own a ps4, I won't be picking up GT Sport until it hits the $20 bin at Walmart it's just not worth $60 to me. :/

TBH my actions were more of a boycott move, as I was a fan of GT/PD/Sony & I could've bought a PS4 for Gtsport & PCars2 & had the best of both worlds.

I don't know who makes the decisions, but what I do know is that they've prematurely killed off 2 of my favourite games just to force you on to the next instalment, sorry but that doesn't sit well with me & I'm not putting up with that a 3rd time.

So I jumped ship & bought a 1X & at 1st I'll admit it didn't feel right after being a Sony man since the PS1, however now I'm all setup & got used to it, it is a very nice bit of kit & PCars2 is the only game I need at the moment.

Yesterday wanted to give GT6 a last visit but wasnt able to play.
T-GT wheel dosnt work with gt6(menues works, ingame no steering&pedals) :/

TBH my actions were more of a boycott move, as I was a fan of GT/PD/Sony & I could've bought a PS4 for Gtsport & PCars2 & had the best of both worlds.

I don't know who makes the decisions, but what I do know is that they've prematurely killed off 2 of my favourite games just to force you on to the next instalment, sorry but that doesn't sit well with me & I'm not putting up with that a 3rd time.

So I jumped ship & bought a 1X & at 1st I'll admit it didn't feel right after being a Sony man since the PS1, however now I'm all setup & got used to it, it is a very nice bit of kit & PCars2 is the only game I need at the moment.
No forza?

Yeh, I got Forza 7 aswell. I installed that 1st & played the 1st 3 races then installed PC2 & haven't touched Forza since. Not saying I didn't like what I played, just having to much fun with PC2 atm.
yeh project cars 2 is alot of fun very race oriented too lol i got penalties for going into corners too fast (it surprised me at first) although I was trying to shave time off my fastest lap time its

Is there a list of top user shared tracks somewhere?
When the service ends we cant upload anymore. So you might want to have the best available.
I found an automatically generated list here. Just wondering if there is a user voted top 25.

I really like your tracks Mr grumpy. I a, frantically trying to find the best 30 for me..
I would have saved all your tracks if I could.
I made a seperate thread for thanking people like you who shared tracks.
Despite i named only my current favorites tracks (and their designers) I am thankfull for all these uploads.

The way i found my tracks was using that list. but a lot of them where on the same date. And not a lot of users clicked the like button. I will return and do that some orher day for my favorites.
But i am sure i missed a lot of great ones.
At this moment it is hard for me to try out new tracks and getting rid of another track..
I allready deleted a couple tracks i really enjoyed.
And i spend more time in the free runs. Than in the actual career mode

Got some bad news for you @KrisV66.

When the servers shut down you won't be able to use the custom tracks (even the 1's you've downloaded/made/saved) because you need to be connected to their servers for some stupid reason.

Unless PD release a patch, all our hard work & efforts go down the swanny :(

When the servers shut down you won't be able to use the custom tracks (even the 1's you've downloaded/made/saved) because you need to be connected to their servers for some stupid reason.

And this has to be the biggest insult when this game goes offline. Not only does the best feature of GT6 go completely dormant, but you’d think we’d at least get to save our favorite tracks in some kind of electronic permi-frost.

Nope. 👎

Oh thats really bad.
Guess i know what i will be playing this month than.

I was going to play this solely for improving my lap times.

Anyway thank you. I have been enjoying your tracks for a couple of hours today.

And this has to be the biggest insult when this game goes offline. Not only does the best feature of GT6 go completely dormant, but you’d think we’d at least get to save our favorite tracks in some kind of electronic permi-frost.

Nope. 👎
It's the reason I've jumped ship, afaik you can still play forza 6 online, not sure about 4 or 5. PCars is still online, grid 2 & autosport are still online, not sure about shift2.

Bad attitude to have forcing you/giving people an ultimatum, I'll always cut my nose off to spite my face.
10701984_hi.jpg

I was unable to run my room tonight. It normally fills up every night.

Every night I see the open lobby packed with full rooms. PD has to be aware of the online participation and popularity of GT6.

Tonight the server that starts rooms quit working.

I went to start my room and saw rooms in the open lobby. Just like every other night, I hit "Create New', set up my room and when I clicked "Create Room" I got an error "the server is currently unavailable 358"

I have a friend in Portland, and one in Arkansas, they had the same thing happen.

I have been running this room every night since May 2011. I have never seen this error.

As I write this, there are only 8 GT6 rooms running. That includes full rooms.

Everything else about the GT6 server system is working. I can join a room.

I am wondering if this new, unprecedented problem might have something to do with driving down GT6's online stats.

Just a thought, I don't put anything past those bastards, not any more.

edit: now there are 7 rooms left

I was unable to run my room tonight. It normally fills up every night.

Every night I see the open lobby packed with full rooms. PD has to be aware of the online participation and popularity of GT6.

Tonight the server that starts rooms quit working.

I went to start my room and saw rooms in the open lobby. Just like every other night, I hit "Create New', set up my room and when I clicked "Create Room" I got an error "the server is currently unavailable 358"

I have a friend in Portland, and one in Arkansas, they had the same thing happen.

I have been running this room every night since May 2011. I have never seen this error.

As I write this, there are only 8 GT6 rooms running. That includes full rooms.

Everything else about the GT6 server system is working. I can join a room.

I am wondering if this new, unprecedented problem might have something to do with driving down GT6's online stats.

Just a thought, I don't put anything past those bastards, not any more.

edit: now there are 7 rooms left
Why now PD????????? I thought they said the servers would end on the 28th!!!!!!?????????? RIP Gran Turismo 6 multiplayer :( You gave me such nostalgic memories...

Thats odd, I found 6 lobbies, exited, came back 5 minutes later and now there is 17... yet i still cant make one

So i am rereading the end of service mail.

Regarding the track path editor.

"After the end of the online services, it will no longer be possible to transfer track dats created with the "GT6 Track Path Editor" to "Gran Turismo 6"."

I read this as tracks that you allready transferred to Gran Turismo 6 will still be playable (but not against online opponents)

Am i missing something?
Ok a shame online is gone. But we get to keep 30 user created tracks.. right?
And these are pretty great.

So i am rereading the end of service mail.

Regarding the track path editor.

"After the end of the online services, it will no longer be possible to transfer track dats created with the "GT6 Track Path Editor" to "Gran Turismo 6"."

I read this as tracks that you allready transferred to Gran Turismo 6 will still be playable (but not against online opponents)

Am i missing something?
Ok a shame online is gone. But we get to keep 30 user created tracks.. right?
And these are pretty great.

I can see where you’re coming from based on PD’s statement, but we’ll see. Not holding my breath.

Either way I’ll be sure and log in and save my best/favorite tracks before the coffin closes later this month. I literally have to schedule an appointment and remind myself to do this in between all the other games I play.

Yes, i realised this a few weeks ago, when i went offline. The same thing will happen with GT Sport also i'm sure

Back