Gran Turismo 6 Save Data Exposed... Open To Hackers / Modders?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 470 comments
You say "This isn't good". I say "Bring it on!".
Finally I can paint my R8 Gordini red like I always wanted!
And change the wheels on a Bugatti Veyron!
YES!
Haven't touched the game in nearly 3 weeks. Once a save editor lands, goodbye GTA for a while!
Edit: Should also note that I will keep my hybrids strictly to offline, private lobbies that I host, and 'hybrid cruising lobbies'.
I so cannot wait to hybrid. It was awesome in GT5, hopefully it's even better in GT6.

Last edited:
You mean the fact that GT5 got fun again? And do you really think we would of gotten more DLC if the save editor wouldn't of been put out?
Sorry, I didn't see this until just now.

You are going to have to humour an auld fella here and please explain that last bit some more because I didn't really follow what you meant. It seems like you just said that we only got further DLC on GT5 because of the modder craze...

As for the fun aspect, I was having fun before the tuning wave happened - I like taking photos and enjoy visual fidelity. I am guessing you love the tuner thing of dropping different engines into street cars. Both are valid expressions of having fun, but not necessarily the same kind...in other words, not everyone needs to follow the same ideas to enjoy themselves.

Ah yes, the age of the instant gratification generation. :rolleyes: :lol:

Ah yes, the age where people have jobs and lives outside of gaming, and find it dull to have to grind for hours simply to get to the parts of the game they enjoy.

There's something to be said for having to work for things, it gives a sense of accomplishment. But there's such a thing as too much, and with the age of gamers increasing and games becoming more mainstream it's arguable that the amount of time your average gamer has to sink into a game is much lower that when games were largely the province of teenagers and students.

I doubt that you think that GT6 would be a better game if you had to sink 100 hours in to be able to afford a Honda Fit. So clearly there's a balance to be struck. I don't find it surprising that some people find the credits side of GT dull. I'm with them, I've had all I care to of the "career" mode, and now I just want to pop the disc in a drive whatever car I feel like that night. I don't want to have to jump through hoops for an hour first to afford it.

In a one car Seasonal there's no excuse for not having preset and hidden paramaters for entry in a world where we know hybriding will rear it's ugly head sooner or later. PD can resolve this issue and identify hackers simply by doing a spec check on every car before it enters to see if it comforms to the known maximum values this car possesses.

How will they go about supplied cars? In GT5 those were hacked up too. Also with every parameter check there's a way around it.

Ah yes, the age where people have jobs and lives outside of gaming, and find it dull to have to grind for hours simply to get to the parts of the game they enjoy.

There's something to be said for having to work for things, it gives a sense of accomplishment. But there's such a thing as too much, and with the age of gamers increasing and games becoming more mainstream it's arguable that the amount of time your average gamer has to sink into a game is much lower that when games were largely the province of teenagers and students.

I doubt that you think that GT6 would be a better game if you had to sink 100 hours in to be able to afford a Honda Fit. So clearly there's a balance to be struck. I don't find it surprising that some people find the credits side of GT dull. I'm with them, I've had all I care to of the "career" mode, and now I just want to pop the disc in a drive whatever car I feel like that night. I don't want to have to jump through hoops for an hour first to afford it.

Ok, what I said there was meant to be taken light-heartedly, you know, like a joke. (notice the smilies if you will) If the part of your comment that I have bolded is directed at me and me not working, well, I can tell you there old boy that I have probably worked more, and harder, then you have in your whole life. But yea, you can thank the :censored:ing drunk driver that took that all away from me. I would love to have a normal life and still be able to work. Your little snide comment there is not taken lightly by me nor do I appreciate it. What I said was meant as a light-hearted joke with the younger generation, yours comes off as a dig at me and my time available to spend with the game. :mad: Be thankful for your health for it can be taken away with a bat of an eye. ;)

This doesn't explain why FarmVille or angry birds were so popular. And I doubt sales would increase (or decrease) if every car was available for free from the start. I would think the game would have less longevity for many though.

I don't find it surprising that some people find the credits side of GT dull. I'm with them, I've had all I care to of the "career" mode, and now I just want to pop the disc in a drive whatever car I feel like that night. I don't want to have to jump through hoops for an hour first to afford it.
I agree with this.

When I started playing GT1 I was 13 and had plenty of time on my hands.
Now between work, house work, gf, friends, sport and various responsibilities, I'm left with only a few hours per week for gaming.
I understand you have to sacrifice something and "play hard" to get it. But this is too much. Like I said before I've never seen anything like this on a console game.

If AT LEAST we had all cars available in arcade mode (or some way to unlock them). No. Not even that.
I have no idea how it feels to drive the Ferrari GTO in GT6. I only know how the superb Jaguar XJ13 feels, only because on Facebook I got a promotion code for the chromeline version in GT5.

Endless grinding and boredom at its worst, no news, no answers for the content requested, no new production cars, no Zahara, no new sounds. Only bs excuses. I'm glad the data is open to hackers. PD deserve it.

Now, if there is someone who would like to defend PD and how the game is in this moment, I don't mind. There's nothing they will say that will change my mind.

Last edited:
As it is cash mods and even paint chips have gotten acc banned even when only in privot lobbies. The PSN acc will never work on PSN again.

giphy.gif

Ok, what I said there was meant to be taken light-heartedly, you know, like a joke. (notice the smilies if you will) If the part of your comment that I have bolded is directed at me and me not working, well, I can tell you there old boy that I have probably worked more, and harder, then you have in your whole life. But yea, you can thank the :censored:ing drunk driver that took that all away from me. I would love to have a normal life and still be able to work. Your little snide comment there is not taken lightly by me nor do I appreciate it. What I said was meant as a light-hearted joke with the younger generation, yours comes off as a dig at me and my time available to spend with the game. :mad: Be thankful for your health for it can be taken away with a bat of an eye. ;)

You made a general statement about gamers being entitled, somewhat tongue in cheek. I made a general statement about gamers actually doing things outside of games. My apologies for bringing a reality check into your night of standup. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't know you from a bar of soap, and I wouldn't know anything about your life situation other than what you've just told me, but if you want to take it personally then go right ahead. Sounds like maybe you've got some aggression to work out on someone. I'm sorry to hear that some bad stuff seems to have happened to you, but I see no need to beat me over the head with it.

I'm not going to feel bad, because I stand behind everything I said in that post, none of which was intended to be specific commentary on you and your life. I responded to the content of your post, not the man or woman behind it, as is appropriate for a civilised conversation.

Whatever your situation may be, I imagine that you have enough empathy to recognise that a significant proportion of other gamers are not in your specific situation, and in fact might appreciate games which do not require significant investments of time to enjoy fully.

SO will a hacked game get me all the stuff that's been coded in but not "activated"

bring it on.

No, it won't. Not even when a save game editor arrives.

Currently, the save game is only decrypted. That's it for the moment. OFW have to wait for a bit still, only step 1 is complete, a few more to go before OFW can do anything.

Last edited:
I would love to have a save editor however i don't want some kids makes a hacked fiat 500 and ruins the online more common. If i going to use it then ether for having fun with myself or private lobby for me, friends and some people on here maybe.

...There's something to be said for having to work for things, it gives a sense of accomplishment. But there's such a thing as too much, and with the age of gamers increasing and games becoming more mainstream it's arguable that the amount of time your average gamer has to sink into a game is much lower that when games were largely the province of teenagers and students...
Am I correct in assuming that you had plenty of time for career grinding when playing GT4 to afford what you wanted? Payouts were a lot worse back then, plus there were no in-game cash boosts available such as the seasonal event, or even the micro-transactions; sticky subject, I know - but it is there for the busy person to take advantage of. Or did you not worry about it and got on with things because you wanted to.

Am I correct in assuming that you had plenty of time for career grinding when playing GT4 to afford what you wanted? Payouts were a lot worse back then, plus there were no in-game cash boosts available such as the seasonal event, or even the micro-transactions; sticky subject, I know - but it is there for the busy person to take advantage of. Or did you not worry about it and got on with things because you wanted to.

Payouts were worse but there were prize cars to even it out somewhat.

I'm still not going to claim that the GT4 economy was great, all of the GT games have had this problem to a greater or lesser extent. The main difference between the early games and the current ones is the size of the gap between the cheapest cars and the most expensive.

Let's use GT4 as an example. The most expensive cars there are 4.5 million. Let's assume that the payouts are about the same, when taking into account prize cars and all the rest of it. Let's also assume that the distribution of car prices is relatively the same, only a few at the very highest price down to a lot at the low end. These assumptions likely aren't correct, but they're probably not far off.

In both games, the player likely has a bunch of relatively cheap cars which are easy to afford in either game. No problem there. The player likely has a few very expensive cars that they have their eye on (or all of them, since the expensive cars tend to be some of the most desirable), and those cars are much less affordable in GT6.

The problem is the scale of the gap between "cheap" and "expensive". It's a design problem that makes it very difficult to balance. It means that the late game economy has two possible modes, both of them with drawbacks.
Firstly, you can give out money at a rate that makes the most expensive cars at least reasonably affordable. This makes all lesser cars trivial purchases, and diminishes their value as possessions.
Secondly, you can keep the payouts low to try and maintain some value in the majority of the car list, but it makes buying the most expensive (and probably most desirable cars) difficult, and makes owning more than one or two pretty difficult for a lot of people.

There are ways around this, such as making cars accessable in Arcade mode so that GT Life isn't totally gating people who just want to drive. Ultimately it's a design flaw in that the way the game deals out cars is only suited to those people who enjoy sinking significant amounts of time into acquiring an electronic possession. For those who don't have that very MMO-ish trigger, it's simply an irritant that gets in the way of enjoying the good things about the game.

If you're actually interested in how I played GT4, I had a lot of the same problems with it that I have with GT6. Game design-wise, it had a lot of the same problems that the series has had more or less since inception. At the time of GT1 and 2 that sort of design was pretty normal, even above average for it's time. It hasn't really moved on since, and as such there's a bit of a perception of it getting worse over the years, when really it's just standing still or maybe moving very slowly. But relative to the expectations of an increasingly savvy gaming public, it's not adapting.

Save editors would be a lot less appealing if some of the most attractive things they offered were available in the base game. There's always going to be those making 40khp Civics, but those people are always going to get their jollies by trying to break stuff. The people that PD should be taking notice of are the ones who are using it for a little extra cash to enjoy GT6's magnificent car list, the people who are making realistic engine swaps and chassis mods and the like. These are things that players enjoy, and might be appreciated as actual features in the base game.

Personally i find that hacking just proves that you cant tune as reguards to hacked cars with an unreasonable amount of power.i only had two hacked cars given to me by friends on gt5.i had a 3000hp civic ek and a 1400hp ferrari 599 gtb fiorano.the cars i had other than those with abnormal power had ghost parts ie super high range turbos and the like.all i did was circuit race and barely if at all used those cars

This doesn't explain why FarmVille or angry birds were so popular. And I doubt sales would increase (or decrease) if every car was available for free from the start. I would think the game would have less longevity for many though.

Less longevity, in a game with 1200 cars and however many tracks?

Drive each car for just five minutes, barely enough for a couple of laps of some tracks, and that's a hundred hours of gameplay right there.

Longevity of content is not Gran Turismo's problem, it's got more content than it knows what to do with. The main thing is keeping people engaged with it and not putting unnecessary hoops between the player and what they want to do.

Some people want structure, and that's fine. I appreciate a good career mode myself, and will generally play that instead of just doing my own thing. But with something like Gran Turismo where one of the big selling points is the breadth of content available, I think the game is shooting itself in the foot by not having a mode where that content is easily available to the player. Witness the amount of people in this thread who have played the career mode, had enough of it and now just want a pile of cash so that they can go drive whatever they like.

Well, at least wing deletes made it into the game. Is it likely that was included totally independently of people's reaction to the "part number increment" exploit, only accessed via "hacking"? I think it's more likely PD saw pictures and thought "Gah, that's easy to do! Why didn't we put it in sooner?".

I don't think the cars were modeled with it in mind, so that might explain why some cars with swappable wings don't have removable wings, because it leaves nasty scars in some cases, from memory.

So, our job: find all the cool things the game can do already, but doesn't know it yet! Additionally, I wonder if there's a reason that the wheel and tyre sizes are stored in and retrievable from the garage / game save...

Personally i find that hacking just proves that you cant tune as reguards to hacked cars with an unreasonable amount of power.i only had two hacked cars given to me by friends on gt5.i had a 3000hp civic ek and a 1400hp ferrari 599 gtb fiorano.the cars i had other than those with abnormal power had ghost parts ie super high range turbos and the like.all i did was circuit race and barely if at all used those cars

There are HP limits in a room for a reason.

Why don't you look on the bright side of things, we may be able to have a Civette again :P

What about those per say, have a hybrid they use for drifting? I know some people that had realistic engine swaps and a different suspension on a car, does that mean they can't tune?

Modding cars up to now has been seen as almost criminal on GTP. Even a rim swap has been hated on. Now that OFW is in the works to get the ability to mod cars it suddenly is being justified.

I don't get the circlejerk. Why is people celebrating and jerking about this? :rolleyes:

(Well, I'm subbed to /r/circlebroke)

Red-EyeX32 has to be my favorite person over at NGU! I can't wait to start a new offline profile on my PS3 to start playing with cars, I loved seeing what crazy combinations I could come up with back in GT5 and I can't wait to do it again. And before any of you say I'm ruining it for the online players, I keep it offline because unlike some hackers I have all the cars I need and I KNOW how to tune them to be competitive and I enjoy the challenge of finding that perfect tune. I just like having that little dark corner in my GT world where I can go and enjoy myself with all my frankenstein car creations :D

Back