Gran Turismo 6 Save Data Exposed... Open To Hackers / Modders?

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 470 comments
But it is inevitable that it will come out. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is inevitable, but later than sooner. More like towards the end of the games lifespan, just like with GT5.

@OriginalCheezIt Why? Just look at that stunt that, that potato head pulled in the current Seasonal TT. That, and if the creator(s) of these programs were to push out an editor now, then patches from PD would soon follow with a fix to the problem at which point the whole hybridding business would come to a crawl just like it did in GT5. These people are very reluctant to release such programs because they are abused by irresponsible kids/adults with their 1000 HP Civics and such and that's what catches PD's attention causing them to release patches to fix the problem. Right now, hybridding is limited to CFW consoles which makes it not as mainstream and the creator(s) are just fine with that for now. Once an editor is released for OFW consoles, then that's when the real trouble starts, when it goes mainstream and the little kiddies start abusing it.

The whole Gran Turismo community is chatting up a storm about it. If I was a hacker that would push me to produce the product (Garage Editor) faster.

And that is exactly the reason why they are reluctant to do so, for the reasons I stated earlier.

EDIT: OOPS, sorry for the double post. Thought someone posted after me.

@GTP_CargoRatt

I agree with you, except that the guy who decrypted the save intends on releasing a Garage editor a soon as possible. He's not the same guy who built the CFW live editor. The CFW/Only crowd have been keeping it CFW, but it wasnt expected to last forever.

I'm hoping this is one sided where he can read the encrypted data, but rebuilding the save where it doesn't get corrupted is not yet achieved. That would be the only delay on an editor coming together soon. It would be nice.

Nothing yet is fully confirmed as its a guy posting a pic and that's it so far, the extent of what's been done / can be done this way is still unknown.

I'm gonna kinda throw this out there randomly:

What people/companies fail to understand is that the point of a video game is to have fun. If you don't have fun, why would you play it?
I made my Fiat 500 have 800 HP and boy was that awesome! :P

Who cares if some people have cars with a HP value higher than America's debt, if you don't like that idea, kick the player or join a different lobby.

I'm gonna kinda throw this out there randomly:

What people/companies fail to understand is that the point of a video game is to have fun. If you don't have fun, why would you play it?
I made my Fiat 500 have 800 HP and boy was that awesome! :P

Who cares if some people have cars with a HP value higher than America's debt, if you don't like that idea, kick the player or join a different lobby.
While it may be annoying from time to time, I agree with this.

Personally I'd only use this for cr, aswell as repainting, but that's because that's what floats my boat, :)

Offline do what you want

Online, no, don't, resist the urge to show off

Remember the OLUA if it was only going to only be offline, no problem. Its people running around online and cheating TT events, they will make things suck for everybody else.

@GTP_CargoRatt

I agree with you, except that the guy who decrypted the save intends on releasing a Garage editor a soon as possible. He's not the same guy who built the CFW live editor. The CFW/Only crowd have been keeping it CFW, but it wasnt expected to last forever.

I'm hoping this is one sided where he can read the encrypted data, but rebuilding the save where it doesn't get corrupted is not yet achieved. That would be the only delay on an editor coming together soon. It would be nice.

Nothing yet is fully confirmed as its a guy posting a pic and that's it so far, the extent of what's been done / can be done this way is still unknown.

Yes, I know who you are talking about. He is also taking a lot of flack about it from other hybridders/hackers for the very reasons I stated. And yes, he does want to release a more restricted version but the problem with that is, someone can/will copy it with fewer restrictions and then the problems begin.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I hate what hybridding does to online, I actually like the idea of an editor. I was a big player with hybridding in GT5 and I had a ball with my cars that I created....OFFLINE. Hybridding breathed new life into the game for me which kept me entertained for hours. I loved that part of it, but hated what it did to the online portion and the Seasonal TT leaderboards. It was a "pros and cons" thing for me. Since it did come at a time when GT5 was on its last chapter, so to speak, and GT6 was due to come out in the near future, I learned to live with the bad parts of hybridding.

As boring as the game has gotten for me right now (I have actually stopped playing), I just think its too early in the games life for a mainstream editor. As fed up as I am with the lack of content, I still believe that there are some big updates coming to the game at some point in time. (I'm thinking Spec 2 around the Holiday season and maybe some things before then) If a mainstream editor is released now, its only going to delay that content because PD is then going to be busy with patches to prevent such hybridding. I say, just be patient, let the updates come when they finally do, enjoy them and let hybridding come like it did in GT5, towards the end of the game. If this person does release an editor, more power to him, but just watch and be prepared for the fallout afterwards.

I would gladly do it for credits.
I've been playing this game for 9 months.
Women give birth after 9 months and I can't even get 20.000.000 cr for a Ferrari 250 GTO.

And no don't start with all your guides on how to get credits, they don't work for me. It's too difficult, boring and takes too much time.

I've never seen anything like this on console. Probably because Sony hope the player will give up and just make microtransactions, like for those stupid "free to play" games on smartphones and tablets.

It's a shame.

Last edited:
Women give birth after 9 months and I can't even get 20.000.000 cr for a Ferrari 250 GTO.

And no don't start with all your guides on how to get credits, they don't work for me. It's too difficult, boring and takes too much time.

Red Bull Standard championship, put on RS tires, turn on ASM, and cornercut like a madman. The esses at Silverstone and the chicane at Nurburgring are prime cutting opportunities.

All's fair in love and grinding.

i dont see whats so bad about it to be honest. i mean you cant trade cars anymore, and its pretty easy to kick people from online servers if you have to. unless i'm missing something, its nothing terrible for anyone except the people doing it.

Ah yes, the age of the instant gratification generation. :rolleyes: :lol:

Red Bull Standard championship, put on RS tires, turn on ASM, and cornercut like a madman. The esses at Silverstone and the chicane at Nurburgring are prime cutting opportunities.

I tried this, the only thing I didn't do is cut corners. You see what Kaz is forcing us to do? Un:censored:believable

I've been doing this, the only thing I didn't do is cut corners. You see what Kaz is forcing us to do? Un:censored:believable
I don't have to do that....I did the glitch! :D

I tried this, the only thing I didn't do is cut corners. You see what Kaz is forcing us to do? Un:censored:believable

He's not forcing us to do anything. And actually, even just playing through the game nets you some cash. I believe @Famine got around 40 million just by winning all the races as cheaply as possible. There's actually a guide on here of the cheapest way of doing that.

But with 6-7 million cr/hour on the RBS championship, that is the most efficient method.

I'm just saying I've never seen anything like this on a console game. (I'm 29 years old, I think I've been playing for quite some time on different systems)

Yea, I know how old you are, I've done my research. :sly: At any rate, I was just messing with you. 👍 I'm 48 and come from the era before microwaves and using rotary phones. :lol: (I'd like to see todays teenager deal with one of those. :lol:)

And no, Kaz is not forcing you to do anything, that would be you choosing to do so. 👍 And just fyi, I have ground myself to the credit limit, twice. All without corner cutting and the like. It was my own personal challenge to make the races as clean as I could, no corner cutting, car bashing, ect. I'm just anal like that I guess. :crazy:

Last edited:
Yea, I know how old you are, I've done my research. :sly: At any rate, I was just messing with you. 👍 I'm 48 and come from the era before microwaves and using rotary phones. :lol: (I'd like to see todays teenager deal with one of those. :lol:)
Dude I loved our rotary phone :D. I loved it so much my parents had to put a lock on it

rotary-phone-dial-lock-new-in-package-old-stock-054c.jpg

I mean they force us to cut corners.
Or to hack.

There's plenty of people who don't cut corners and race the RBS championship without ANY aids, and on sport tires, and they still make credits. I just suggested cutting corners as that's what I do. I'm not very good :P

There's plenty of people who don't cut corners and race the RBS championship without ANY aids, and on sport tires, and they still make credits. I just suggested cutting corners as that's what I do. I'm not very good :P
I'm not good enough for those races either. But that doesn't mean I don't deserve to get 20.000.000 cr cars. I've completed almost everything else.

:indiff:.,
Dude I loved our rotary phone :D. I loved it so much my parents had to put a lock on it

rotary-phone-dial-lock-new-in-package-old-stock-054c.jpg

Ha, believe it or not, I've never seen a lock like that for those phones. :odd: Just looking at that phone though brings back many fond memories. :lol: Ours hung on the wall and had a very short cord on it for the headset. Pain in the ass because I had to learn to talk in code :mischievous: because my parents could hear everything I was saying just because of where the phone was mounted. Ah yea, those were the days. :crazy:

Might get me back in GT6.. Because i miss my Stock K20A Lotus Elise. :)

Realistic mods FTW, I wish those that are making the tools to at least put a limiter or something to what can be made. I've have fun with swaps in GT5 (had a blast with a V10 swapped 135i :) ) but then the storm of kiddos in 30000hp Hondas came and there goes the fun.

In a one car Seasonal there's no excuse for not having preset and hidden paramaters for entry in a world where we know hybriding will rear it's ugly head sooner or later. PD can resolve this issue and identify hackers simply by doing a spec check on every car before it enters to see if it comforms to the known maximum values this car possesses.

Back