Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

Not sure if it's a bug or intended but C8 rear standard spoiler can't be painted
7197tNj-v3L.jpg

I would like to have it like that
I could have swore I painted the rear bumper on mine. I ended up switching it to satin black. I’ll have to check that again…

I am also suffering from the progression bugs. The only 2 things left for me to do in the game are the Fuji International Speedway Neo-Classical event and the last Music Rally. I did both 2 times already, but they do not complete. Well, at least I got the money for the Neo-Classical event and the daily workout. Still, frustrating.

Nurburgring 24hr in the lobby, on 2 laps, the time of the best first lap doesn't come out, in the nordschleife yes, why??!
tcs at 3 when the race starts in the lobbies, but it's at 0 in the settings!
forgot, we are still waiting for the race results in the lobbies

Edit: Just seen this has already been reported 😳

New member here... so i've noticed that on the new Hyper Car Parade at Monza & at the American Clubman Cup 700 at Mount Panorama there is a completion bug

Last edited:
Edit: Just seen this has already been reported 😳

New member here... so i've noticed that on the new Hyper Car Parade at Monza & at the American Clubman Cup 700 at Mount Panorama there is a completion bug
It is known. I never got the bug, but others have.

Another little thing is a mistake to the Hypercar Parade Monza event. The thumbnail shows the correct name, but the highlight text shows Hypercar Race Days.

Figured out the won’t let you out the pits on qualify but somewhat. Doesn’t do it on the first race in an online lobby p, but every race/qualify after that it does. Only when qualifying not race. Getting tired of typing instructions for other people when they can’t enter qualifying lol

If you change the rims in gt auto, quit and let it save, then switch back to default rims. The new thumbnail image of your car is different to a untampered one.

The rim themselves didn't change color, it's just in the thumbnail image they look significantly darker, especially for those cars that have metallic/chrome rims.

QQ截图20221223174455.jpg

QQ截图20221224071413.png

QQ截图20221224071426.png

Last edited:
I have found a bug while driving circuit experience for the third cup and 1 Lap attack at Michelin Raceway, does not show on the screen when you get a gold but it will give you credits, also sector 2 and 3 in Japanese.

Attachments

• 20221224_154308.jpg
    20221224_154308.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 17
  • 20221224_155125.jpg
    20221224_155125.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 17
I have found a bug while driving circuit experience for the third cup and 1 Lap attack at Michelin Raceway, does not show on the screen when you get a gold but it will give you credits, also sector 2 and 3 in Japanese.
Probably all has to do with the same issue, that is already known, and has the same result; not progressing the right way. This plays through in the entire game. See other reports of that bug in this topic.

If you change the rims in gt auto, quit and let it save, then switch back to default rims. The new thumbnail image of your car is different to a untampered one.

The rim themselves didn't change color, it's just in the thumbnail image they looks significantly darker, especially for those cars that have metallic/chrome rims.
At some previous update the thumbnail colouring has been changed.
I think buying a car will still load the old default, while applying any change no matter of what kind will reapply the new thumbnail lighting.

Posted as a thread, but now spotted this one, so adding here too.

Howdy! Question for those who play daily:
Just started doing the Le Mans 700PP 30 minute race as my daily ticket marathon, yesterday saw a clean race win for 825k, after a few hours I went again, won again in a clean race, but only received 425k total.
Is there a limit to race participation, or is this a bug (old or new?!?)? I will go again today, but wondered if anyone else has had this previously happen?
Thank you for your time.
In this race the AI may pit on the very last lap and still be sitting there when the race ends. In this case their finishing place is determined by where they park in the pit, and it's set as soon as they cross over into pit road. This essentially teleports them forward to where their particular pit is. If you're between the pit entry and pit exit, any cars whose pits are in front of yours will "beat" you, even if you were closer to the start/finish line than they were when time expired.
You got 2nd or 3rd with a CRB. This happens at Spa also. If the computers are close enough behind, they'll dart into the pits to steal the win.
I don't want to be conspiracy theory guy, but, what if this is a deliberate test to see how long PS4 owners will put up with the bug, before just going out there and buying a PS5 to fix the problem? (Sony forcing Polyphony Digital to introduce planned obsolescence)

I was actually considering buying a PS5 a couple of weeks ago, until I saw that all the PS5s here in Toronto were sold out at Walmart, Gamestop and Best Buy and were all on Facebook Marketplace going for 800 to 1000 CDN, the scalpers knew there would be desperate people out there needing one for Christmas and will be willing to dish out the cash.
But since a lot of people are short on cash this year, at least the prices the scalpers are asking are not crazy pandemic prices. The retail prices seem to be around 650 CDN, so with taxes you would be paying about 750 I think, not too far off what scalpers are currently asking.
When I saw those prices, trying to see if I could resolve the freeze issue by purchasing an SSD to replace my HD
The SSD will have faster read times and nonexistent seek times, but the maximum data transfer rate is limited by the console hardware.

Really wish they would fix penalty system. I get punted into wall off track and I get a penalty for hitting barrier while driver who hit me gets nothing. Someone brake checks me or breaks way too early and I bump into them but they stay on track and I get the penalty when I couldn’t happen. Or someone beside me turns hard into me while I’m close to the barrier and I get another penalty. It is seriously ruining any sport mode races and taking the fun out of the game. Very frustrating. And sorry I’m sure many have brought it up.

Hey @shadow0460 - I figured it out after looking at the replay, it's because I picked up a penalty for skipping the last corner, having been effectively taken out, so the time was added after the race. So I crossed the line first, it said I was first, and the classification page told me otherwise.
For me at Le Mans, it's always rain of some sort on lap 2 or 3, and one car makes a late stop before the last lap, it's pretty much the same every time I play, the Lambo' is the only one who doesn't pit when everyone else does.

As @Gt7-Rival says, the penalties are a joke, hitting the kerbs gives me penalties on the same race, some seem absurd and just not even understandable. They need to fix this badly as well...

Last edited:
This game is seriously broken. I did 1 lap in Race B and the race immediately ended. No timer to go back to the lobby and I was stuck there:

Last edited:
Has the PS4/PS5 trophy sync issue ever been addressed? Its just the menu books that cant be re-done and thus platinum trophy is 100% unachievable on an upgraded copy to newer console.

This game is seriously broken. I did 1 lap in Race B and the race immediately ended. No timer to go back to the lobby and I was stuck there:

Please, give platform used, and internet connection type, and if possible a video clip if happens again...

Is anyone still experiencing the freezing on GT7??
A few days ago I stopped experiencing it, and yesterday I decided to play my first online race by joining the Manufacturer's Race 18 lap GT3 cars. One thing that used to happen during these Manufacturer's race was that the intro video that plays before the race would stutter a lot, but yesterday was smooth. Does Polyphony stream the intro video from their servers instead of just playing it from assets in our Playstations?
Anyways, I raced twice, so 2 x 18 laps + qualification laps + practice laps , not a single freeze. Afterwards, I did a 30 min. race offline on Circuit de la Sarthe 700pp challenge, not a single freeze.

I wonder what is really going on because there has not been a PS4 firmware update, or a GT7 update recently. I have heard the number of GT7 players have dropped. I know when we play offline, it is really not offline at all since all our save files are stored in Playstation servers, so there is constant communication. Was the freezing, maybe the servers not being able to keep up with the traffic?
This might sound stupid, but you know how games with Denuvo have horrible performance? Many online games have a server side anti cheat software. What if the freezing is being caused by the anti cheat servers for GT7 not keeping up with traffic? Or Playstation cheapened out on the servers? Less people playing, means smoother random anti cheat checks on our system and game.

I don't know, I am just speculating, I don't know what to think anymore.

I haven't done any changes to my system, aside from a week and half ago changing internet service provider, the internet plan from 600Mbps up and down to a 1Gbps connection up and down. PS4 speed test went from a 260 Mbps down/ 65 Mbps up to a 400 Mbps down/ 430 Mbps up.

Yesterday during race B on PS5 someone in front of our group wrecks and takes stage left. I was in a 3 car line and never passed anybody. I got a 3 second penalty for ignoring yellow flag but car in front of me and car behind me get no penalty. Very confusing when we were in a straight line.

Is anyone still experiencing the freezing on GT7??
A few days ago I stopped experiencing it, and yesterday I decided to play my first online race by joining the Manufacturer's Race 18 lap GT3 cars. One thing that used to happen during these Manufacturer's race was that the intro video that plays before the race would stutter a lot, but yesterday was smooth. Does Polyphony stream the intro video from their servers instead of just playing it from assets in our Playstations?
Anyways, I raced twice, so 2 x 18 laps + qualification laps + practice laps , not a single freeze. Afterwards, I did a 30 min. race offline on Circuit de la Sarthe 700pp challenge, not a single freeze.

I wonder what is really going on because there has not been a PS4 firmware update, or a GT7 update recently. I have heard the number of GT7 players have dropped. I know when we play offline, it is really not offline at all since all our save files are stored in Playstation servers, so there is constant communication. Was the freezing, maybe the servers not being able to keep up with the traffic?
This might sound stupid, but you know how games with Denuvo have horrible performance? Many online games have a server side anti cheat software. What if the freezing is being caused by the anti cheat servers for GT7 not keeping up with traffic? Or Playstation cheapened out on the servers? Less people playing, means smoother random anti cheat checks on our system and game.

I don't know, I am just speculating, I don't know what to think anymore.

I haven't done any changes to my system, aside from a week and half ago changing internet service provider, the internet plan from 600Mbps up and down to a 1Gbps connection up and down. PS4 speed test went from a 260 Mbps down/ 65 Mbps up to a 400 Mbps down/ 430 Mbps up.
I too have noticed this lack of "freeze" about 9-10 days now, PD does and frequently fixes things quietly, not sure if it is global but here in Americas region it seems to have stopped, forgive my asking but you are on a PS4 console, yes?

@jrbabbitt Yep, a PS4. It's a PS4 500gb bundled with The Last of US HD model and automatically upgraded it with a 2TB HDD at the time, now I have changed it to a 2TB SSD.

But bad news, I played some more today, and did get 1 stutter, it was a short freeze, less than 1 second, and it was offline on Circuit the la Sarthe, testing the Chaparral 2J I just bought, this car loves to oversteer by the way.

Anyways, I'm going back to Sport and try to get to rank B now, confident I can achieve it if I am only going to get a single stutter after 2 hours of play, than 10-20 freezes per race.

I was racing in the Clubman 600 Nurbugring yesterday and I could hear the rain and see the wetness gauge rise. I couldn't see the rain though and it wasn't visually represented anywhere. I checked the radar and I was in the middle of a storm. It didn't feel that wet either but I was on SS tires. I couldn't see rain on the cars body and couldn't check cockpit because it was The AMG vision. Actually I think there was some visual representation in the form of a handful of random white dots sometimes. On Ps4 Pro.

Last edited:
I too have noticed this lack of "freeze" about 9-10 days now, PD does and frequently fixes things quietly, not sure if it is global but here in Americas region it seems to have stopped, forgive my asking but you are on a PS4 console, yes?
As I mentioned in the other thread, the freezing has gotten worse for me at least. I had over 10 in my GTWS Manu race the other night, making the game basically unplayable in any of the online sport modes.

Hello everyone. I just got a bug that crashes and instantly shuts down the PS5 whenever I try to load Maggiore. This only happens on this track. All other tracks run perfectly fine without issues. Anyone else experience this or something like this?

Hello everyone! I finally have a PS5, upgraded GT7 to the PS5 version, downloaded it and loaded my old saved game from the PS4. Everything was fine so far, game looked great and I was as happy as can be.
Until I raced on SPA in the 60min, 800pp endurance race. Once it got dark and startet raining, the lighting was all messed up. I know about the issue with the rival's headlights basically missing their light cones when you are behind them and all that but suddenly the whole Track infront of me was illumated in red. It remained that way until the sun came up again and I could reproduce it on other tracks and SPA itself in custom races.

The brake lights make it worse and the whole track is lit up red. When I look behind, the track glows as if it were a cloudy day on the tarmac, while the rest of the track is plunged into darkness. The brake lights illuminate neither the swirling spray nor the surroundings behind me.
I never had this problem on the PS4 Pro, it honestly looked much better in the dark on the PS4 Pro.

I restarted the game, installed it a second time but the issue persists. Did anyone else have this issue? Is there a solution?
I run the game in performance mode.

Attachments

• 20230103_220504.jpg
    20230103_220504.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230103_220506.jpg
    20230103_220506.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230103_220512.jpg
    20230103_220512.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230103_220615.jpg
    20230103_220615.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hello everyone! I finally have a PS5, upgraded GT7 to the PS5 version, downloaded it and loaded my old saved game from the PS4. Everything was fine so far, game looked great and I was as happy as can be.
Until I raced on SPA in the 60min, 800pp endurance race. Once it got dark and startet raining, the lighting was all messed up. I know about the issue with the rival's headlights basically missing their light cones when you are behind them and all that but suddenly the whole Track infront of me was illumated in red. It remained that way until the sun came up again and I could reproduce it on other tracks and SPA itself in custom races.

The brake lights make it worse and the whole track is lit up red. When I look behind, the track glows as if it were a cloudy day on the tarmac, while the rest of the track is plunged into darkness. The brake lights illuminate neither the swirling spray nor the surroundings behind me.
I never had this problem on the PS4 Pro, it honestly looked much better in the dark on the PS4 Pro.

I restarted the game, installed it a second time but the issue persists. Did anyone else have this issue? Is there a solution?
I run the game in performance mode.
Wow!!! That sure is a lot of red.

Back