Gran Turismo 7 Spec III is Now Available: Two Tracks, Eight Cars, New Features

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 3,045 comments
  • 564,219 views
they have so much good and great original circuits, and they had to choose one of the worst F1 circuits to add to the game?

For me, adding in cars and circuits is as important as adding proper events, not just the 1-3 laps drive. it's about time to throw in some endurance races.
 
they have so much good and great original circuits, and they had to choose one of the worst F1 circuits to add to the game?
maybe there was some deal to put this track in game ? or its licensing was cheaper ?
 
Surprise! I was quite sure that GT7 slowly comes to it's end. Also i didn't expect any more tracks. I like the new stuff. :)

If i look at some of the comments here, i don't know if I'm allowed to like it. :lol:
Yes you are allowed to like.

Some commenters are just irredeemably miserable.
 
My concern is I saw December and thought jebus, 9 months away. Then reality dawned on me.
What dawned on you? Let's give PD a chance here. If they've already sold over 100 millions copies of the game, then chances are that things will get a lot better as most people would have hoped for.
 
Oh I have reasons, just that I don't want to list them, and none of them are related to getting more players. Plus my reasons for not wanting GT on PC are not related to Spec III topic.
NOW you have my attention! :D
 
My concern is I saw December and thought jebus, 9 months away. Then reality dawned on me.
I was shocked and disgusted to discover that next year will call itself 2026 😮
 
The cynic in me says the Xiaomi is one of the 8 cars but why wouldn't they show it if so? Maybe there's a chance we get 4 unannounced cars with the Xiaomi coming later, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I don’t know. At this point I’m not sure if we will or will not get October and November updates. If we do, the Xiaomi might be in there.

Either way I’m thrilled about this update! 2 great new circuits! Really looking forward to Yas Marina in VR at night with that hotel lighting up! 🥳
 
No road version 296 GTB? That would've been insane. Nice to see which one gets it first, the Ultimate modern Hypercar. Ferrari F80? Turismo or Forza.

For me GT has always been more into normal/sport/supercar ROAD cars, rather than race cars. I still understand the hype of those who specifically want race versions.

Gotta say, it's quite hilarious when people are jumping for joy for Mitsubishi FTO 😆.
 
Love the fact the we get Gilles Villeneuve circuit. One of my all time favorite tracks.
I hope we also get some suitable races for it using the various fake F1 cars. Not just temporary special events or Sport races, but a proper event in World Circuits or a Mission.
 
Last edited:
they have so much good and great original circuits, and they had to choose one of the worst F1 circuits to add to the game?

For me, adding in cars and circuits is as important as adding proper events, not just the 1-3 laps drive. it's about time to throw in some endurance races.
Have faith, how good a circuit is in F1 doesn't always track with how well they race in slower cars, Catalunya for example put on so many dull GPs in the 00s but is great to race in anything Gr3 pace or slower on GT7, Yas Marina's layout isn't bad, I reckon it will race alright.
 
I'm ok with Yas Marina, I love Montreal, but those are F1 tracks. I'd much rather have Midfield Raceway and Apricot Hill instead.

Let's celebrate what makes GT unique.
Don't be a Debbie Downer

kjb
You and me both! Stupid job😡
Same. Only going back on YouTube to look for this did I stumble upon the bit where they announced MS Flight Simulator 2024 is coming to PS5 Dec 8th. Going to be a damn good month for me.
 
Nice, simply awesome! I didn't expected a big update again, thanks PD and Kaz.
I had played in Yas Marina on FM2023 and is a really hard track, but it have a nice scenery looking.
And about the revealed F1 car, it seems GT7 is starting to looking like GT3 in F1 content.
 
So this might mean that gt8 will release around late 2027-early 2028? Spec II was 2 years ago.
 
Awesome. Finally new tracks. I hope Canada will have rain conditions also.
 
Yas Marina Kart Track.webp


Maybe we'll get the Yas Marina Kart Track too... unlikely since we haven't got any of the other adjacent kart tracks
 
The moment I saw the FTO, I was smitten.

Widebody FTO should mean FTO touring car replicas...I get to relive my youth!
Front wheel drive tho 🫤
 
Last edited:
This was totally unexpected, I must say. But I guess that's why it's good to keep expectations in check because just sometimes....miracles do happen 😊🤩
Quite like Yas Marina and have never seen Circuit Gilles-Villneuve so something new to try out.

Plenty to look forward to in the fall/winter period. PMR, Rennsport, Spec III, Train Sim World 6, Tormented Souls 2 and Silent Hill f. And going to Tenerife on holiday next Wednesday. Damn, it's a good time to be alive 😁

BTW, what will be the PP of the Mine's Skyline in everyone's opinion? I'd be guessing in the region of 625-630....?
 
THIS is possibly the most important addition that’s been revealed so far. It looks like there’ll be weekly mission challenges added, not sure if they’ll be permanent or not, but having new specific curated scenarios with unique dynamics is fantastic, hopefully it’s every week. It’s a lot more than the zero we’ve been getting since Spec II:

IMG_9967.webp
I only wish these weekly challenges would use Sophy instead of the basic AI, but PS4 compatibility is holding us back there.
View attachment 1481697

Maybe we'll get the Yas Marina Kart Track too... unlikely since we haven't got any of the other adjacent kart tracks
Proper karting as well as rallycross would be easy and very valuable additions to this game as part of motorsport enthusiasm, but for some reason they dont really exist in GT7
 
No one mentioned (probably because trailer didnt mentioned as well), but the news page says:

"・Improvements to online races"

Maybe the requested "Daily D with 1h race"? Or new Leagues besides GTWS?

Also Kaz (and the news) mentioned changes to Circuit Experience. I'm imagining they will allow you to use any car now. This seems silly but will help a lot with practice.
I'm hoping it means larger grids.
 
they have so much good and great original circuits, and they had to choose one of the worst F1 circuits to add to the game?

For me, adding in cars and circuits is as important as adding proper events, not just the 1-3 laps drive. it's about time to throw in some endurance races.
Huh? Yas Marina is great circuit. Beautiful and good for racing, and has few layouts, even for rallycross. So no downsides with that.
 
Proper karting as well as rallycross would be easy and very valuable additions to this game as part of motorsport enthusiasm, but for some reason they don't really exist in GT7
I suppose with only one vehicle - it doesn't need lots of tracks. Though I do miss the GT6 ones. A lot of fun
 
Back