Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.31 is Now Available

• Thread starter Noname0529
  • 1,290 comments
But then if you read the actual article this is all they have to say about the best option

The resolution option in VRR is even more interesting. On the surface, performance seems disappointing with typical gameplay frame-rates in the 70-100fps region, while replays hit the 50s regularly. However, that's because the game is rendering at a full 4K here, providing a seemingly identical presentation to the game in its 60Hz mode. Image quality is typically very nice and sharp, with a bit of aliasing on certain edges but otherwise looking very good on the whole.

Not much of an endorsement for what may be the best example of resolution/fps boost of any game on any console.

Did you mean to post a different quote?

I really don’t get what you are going for here 🤷‍♂️

Gt is the wors exsample for 4k or 1080p 120fps gaming. God of war ragnarök is the best. 1080p, Vrr, full rgb/hdr fidelity mode but instead of 40fps it runs in 120fps. And it looks so freaking good. Not like the wors anti aliasing performance from PD.
Maybe PD should ask SANTA MONICA STUDIOS OR INSOMNIAC how to 120fps.
Ragnarok doesn't reach 120FPS even if you enable performance mode:

GT7's implementation is better because you have two options with VRR, an actual 120FPS mode at 1440p and an unlocked mode (what Ragnarok does) at native 4K without image quality loss.

Ragnarok doesn't reach 120FPS even if you enable performance mode:

GT7's implementation is better because you have two options with VRR, an actual 120FPS mode at 1440p and an unlocked mode (what Ragnarok does) at native 4K without image quality loss.

Read my comment slower. It does reach 120fps if you cap youre ps5 to 1080p even in fidelity mode. I play it right now in new game plus, and it runs perfectly and looks stunning. And whut??? Have you ever played GOW. It hase all mody 30fps fidelity no vrr, 60fps performance with or without vrr, also 120fps performance and 40fps fidelity also with and without Vrr. And on top what these wannabes never test is you can cap to 1080p and reach 120fps/vrr in fidelity with full RGB/HDR.
Is the same what i did with gt7 and with all 120fps games because of the better HDR and overall performance. And BTW GT7 dosnt reach nativ 4k120fps. It hovers between 1260p and 1440p with poor upscaling performance.

Please come never ever with the greenest multiplatform reviewer arround the corner.

Last edited:
Read my comment slower. It does reach 120fps if you cap youre ps5 to 1080p even in fidelity mode. I play it right now in new game plus, and it runs perfectly and looks stunning.
You cannot cap the render resolution of the game on PS5, what are you talking about? You can set a display resolution of 1080p but the game internally will still render at 1440p and simply downsample to maintain superior image quality even when playing at a lower resolution.
It hase all mody 30fps fidelity no vrr, 60fps performance with or without vrr, also 120fps performance and 40fps fidelity also with and without Vrr. And on top what these wannabes never test is you can cap to 1080p and reach 120fps/vrr in fidelity with full RGB/HDR.
Yes, the timestamp I sent you is from the "120FPS" performance mode, which is simply an unlocked version of the performance mode with dynamic res disabled (so rendering always at 1440p). They don't test capping to 1080p because it makes no difference for PS5 games, it only used to be a thing for very few PS4 Pro games.
Is the same what i did with gt7 and with all 120fps games because of the better HDR and overall performance. And BTW GT7 dosnt reach nativ 4k120fps. It hovers between 1260p and 1440p with poor upscaling performance.
Where did I say GT7 had a 4K120FPS mode? I specifically said that with VRR it has two modes, the 1440p 120FPS performance mode and the native 4K unlocked mode.

Where did I say GT7 had a 4K120FPS mode? I specifically said that with VRR it has two modes, the 1440p 120FPS performance mode and the native 4K unlocked mode.
You should be more precise!!!
Native 4k60-vrr
And where did i say cap render resolution? I say cap the ps5.

And yes it makes a huge diffrent to cap the ps5 for 120fps to 1080p in GT7 and all other 120fps games.
A) i have not one single stutter in 120fps and b) i get full RGB/HDR support instead of yuv 4:2:2 fake HDR.
But how about you test it by yourself instead of posting the DF video?
Or are you playing on ps4 and whant to wright something you dont know about?

Expiriance it by yourself before wright those clueless stuff…

Last edited:
I got a lot slower after the update. On every track my laps are 2-3 seconds worse than before. My opponents have no speed reduction. What is my problem?

On every track my laps are 2-3 seconds worse than before.

2-3 seconds a lap slower on Tsukuba Circuit and Nürburgring Nordschleife? ;)
Have you checked its not a pedals calibration issue? I had that recently surprise me, was very slow though with a capped throttle. Only turning off wheel/pedals fixed it. Just an idea. Happened to me everyday for awhile, and now for some reason its fine. Not sure if it started when the update happened.

You should be more precise!!!
Native 4k60-vrr
And where did i say cap render resolution? I say cap the ps5.

And yes it makes a huge diffrent to cap the ps5 for 120fps to 1080p in GT7 and all other 120fps games.
A) i have not one single stutter in 120fps and b) i get full RGB/HDR support instead of yuv 4:2:2 fake HDR.
But how about you test it by yourself instead of posting the DF video?
Or are you playing on ps4 and whant to wright something you dont know about?

Expiriance it by yourself before wright those clueless stuff…
RacinLei is just a lifestyle at this point. Cheers :cheers: :gtplanet:

so darn lame
Realistically with how they've overhauled the physics and tire Model and Suspension model, would it really be fair to leave times that were made using the previous physics?

Wow the BMW M3 E30 is an absolute hoot when it's fully tuned. You can throw the car into the corners and place it anywhere you like with insane accuracy. As a result, I could use the whole width of the track (Brands Hatch in this case) and more without binning it.

Realistically with how they've overhauled the physics and tire Model and Suspension model, would it really be fair to leave times that were made using the previous physics?
So we are indeed slower in lap times than before the patch, otherwise there is no need to wipe leaderboards. 😏

I noticed this was well with my trusted CLK-LM at Sardegna, I am on average 1-2 seconds slower than before patch 1.31, and that’s even with a more powerful CLK-LM than before because now on RH I don’t need to restrict power anymore to stay below 800 PP, in fact I’m only 792-ish PP now (but with what should be a faster car. It’s a lot less grippy than before that’s for sure, and also harder to drive (I’m using the controller with motion steering).

So we are indeed slower in lap times than before the patch, otherwise there is no need to wipe leaderboards. 😏

I noticed this was well with my trusted CLK-LM at Sardegna, I am on average 1-2 seconds slower than before patch 1.31, and that’s even with a more powerful CLK-LM than before because now on RH I don’t need to restrict power anymore to stay below 800 PP, in fact I’m only 792-ish PP now (but with what should be a faster car. It’s a lot less grippy than before that’s for sure, and also harder to drive (I’m using the controller with motion steering).
It's not really faster or slower across the board. Depending on the car and track the new physics can be a lot slower, a little slower, about the same, a little faster, or a lot faster.

One thing I wish developers would do is limit updates,spend the time perfecting things and then releasing a game saying this is the best driving simulator with the best sounds and physics and force feedback and graphics!! Instead they all just update and make changes sometimes good sometimes bad.

I welcome this update, but if say GTR Revival came out and GT7 was locked in with how they released the game id say bye bye learn from your mistakes, better get it more right next time.

One thing I wish developers would do is limit updates,spend the time perfecting things and then releasing a game saying this is the best driving simulator with the best sounds and physics and force feedback and graphics!! Instead they all just update and make changes sometimes good sometimes bad.

I welcome this update, but if say GTR Revival came out and GT7 was locked in with how they released the game id say bye bye learn from your mistakes, better get it more right next time.

No game, unless it flops real bad, will ever be patchless again. This is how it goes now. And I wouldn’t say GT7 was released before it was ready. Sure some content was missing, and they have since changed physics and other aspects, but if it can be improved why not change it? Not to mention the updates are a way to keep people coming. If the game had release with 10x the single player content, you would have finished that content by now and lost interest. New tracks, cars, and even physics, keep people engaged. Not that it makes PD or Sony any money since the updates are free, and no MTX at the ridiculous prices of GT7 do not move the needle.

I’m sure the same will happen with GTR. The game will keep being improved after release and if you just take the game for what it is at release you could end up missing on a great game (ACC is one great example).

So I say you have 2 options; 1) buy the game and hope the game doesn’t bomb and keeps getting support, 2) wait for the game to be at a state you feel is complete and then buy it.

Last edited:
2) wait for the game to be at a state you feel is complete and then buy it.
My approach, most of the time. I end up playing years after release but with a much better game for a much cheaper price (and my hardware is more likely to cope with the power required)

With some exceptions, like GT7 (and oh boy the start has been rough...)

My approach, most of the time. I end up playing years after release but with a much better game for a much cheaper price (and my hardware is more likely to cope with the power required)

With some exceptions, like GT7 (and oh boy the start has been rough...)

I usually do that, but for story games and it’s mostly because I have such a huge backlog that it’s hard to justify paying full price for a game I will only play months after release.

I got GT7 on release and although I agree it lacked content (still does) I got a lot of enjoyment from the game since release.

RacinLei is just a lifestyle at this point. Cheers :cheers: :gtplanet:
Not sure how to take that one 🤔

But for all who like the comment from Artremis and think he and DF is right.
Here something to chew for you🦾

IMG_7888.jpeg

No game, unless it flops real bad, will ever be patchless again. This is how it goes now. And I wouldn’t say GT7 was released before it was ready. Sure some content was missing, and they have since changed physics and other aspects, but if it can be improved why not change it? Not to mention the updates are a way to keep people coming. If the game had release with 10x the single player content, you would have finished that content by now and lost interest. New tracks, cars, and even physics, keep people engaged. Not that it makes PD or Sony any money since the updates are free, and no MTX at the ridiculous prices of GT7 do not move the needle.

I’m sure the same will happen with GTR. The game will keep being improved after release and if you just take the game for what it is at release you could end up missing on a great game (ACC is one great example).

So I say you have 2 options; 1) buy the game and hope the game doesn’t bomb and keeps getting support, 2) wait for the game to be at a state you feel is complete and then buy it.
Well I guess I know it’ll never happen again. But something always messes up with an update. I don’t know why, but it just happens. GT7 use to load so quick for me. After all these updates, sometimes I just get stuck on the black loading screen, I quit the game, reload it, finally makes it through. Call of Duty updates constantly and their big updates always break the game or introduce more using up hard drive space content that seems redundant. “This character can change the colour of his sunglasses now” oh thanks… did you fix the voice chat yet?!?! Lol

Any update which changes things is always going to be subjective on whether or not it’s actually been improved. Yes, when a game gives you new cars, tracks, maps or levels… that breathes new life into a game for any one I think.

I guess maybe I question if developers strive to get it all sorted beforehand or get a working game out there and use user feedback to finish and tweak the game. And then the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I’d like to know who was in charge of how the multiplayer lobbies worked on launch? Wow lol. It still has its flaws but at least to change some settings it doesn’t boot everyone out of the room. They still need to hand the lobby off to next in line when somebody has to call it quits so a room of 12 people don’t get thrown back into the abyss.

Maybe if updates weren’t available they’d think about this stuff more before releasing.

Last edited:
Well I guess I know it’ll never happen again. But something always messes up with an update. I don’t know why, but it just happens. GT7 use to load so quick for me. After all these updates, sometimes I just get stuck on the black loading screen, I quit the game, reload it, finally makes it through. Call of Duty updates constantly and their big updates always break the game or introduce more using up hard drive space content that seems redundant. “This character can change the colour of his sunglasses now” oh thanks… did you fix the voice chat yet?!?! Lol

Any update which changes things is always going to be subjective on whether or not it’s actually been improved. Yes, when a game gives you new cars, tracks, maps or levels… that breathes new life into a game for any one I think.

I guess maybe I question if developers strive to get it all sorted beforehand or get a working game out there and use user feedback to finish and tweak the game. And then the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I’d like to know who was in charge of how the multiplayer lobbies worked on launch? Wow lol. It still has its flaws but at least to change some settings it doesn’t boot everyone out of the room. They still need to hand the lobby off to next in line when somebody has to call it quits so a room of 12 people don’t get thrown back into the abyss.

Maybe if updates weren’t available they’d think about this stuff more before releasing.

I agree and I’ve bought games where I felt like I was beta testing the game (ACC ps4 and ACC ps5), but GT7 was fully functional. Some features were missing, some still are, but for me the game was ready for release and to keep being worked on after release. I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing, but I do get your point.

I agree and I’ve bought games where I felt like I was beta testing the game (ACC ps4 and ACC ps5), but GT7 was fully functional. Some features were missing, some still are, but for me the game was ready for release and to keep being worked on after release. I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing, but I do get your point.
Yep, new content always welcome. Changes to the gameplay, that’s 50/50. It worked out for the better this time. Now that I know what it can be, if they go back because majority of people dislike the way the cars handle now, I don’t think I’d be very happy.

Call of Duty started out with Plunder as 4 players. Perfect there’s 4 of us, we play it and have a ton of fun, they updated it to 3 players. Who do you tell to sit out? Google it and people complaining how 4 is too many on a squad and 3 is just right. They wah wah wah’d our group of players right out of the equation lol

Not sure how to take that one 🤔

But for all who like the comment from Artremis and think he and DF is right.
Here something to chew for you🦾

View attachment 1247476
That 120HZ is just the container the game is running in. You need to add the frame time to watch and see how the frame time jumps.
The Tv Also wont show its in 40hz mode it will show 120hz as well where in the 120hz container the game runs in a 40hz mode for example. And with VRR depending on how high the game gets it can just show a straight 120 due to VRR.

That 120HZ is just the container the game is running in. You need to add the frame time to watch and see how the frame time jumps.
The Tv Also wont show its in 40hz mode it will show 120hz as well where in the 120hz container the game runs in a 40hz mode for example. And with VRR depending on how high the game gets it can just show a straight 120 due to VRR.
I know 😃
When playing in 4k 120/40hz it shows 40.
it is locked 120hz while playing in 1080p. It hase sometime fluctuation between 90/120hz.
But at the end both variants are suboptimal. I would love to play in 4k120hz rgb/Hdr.
What i think all the time and thats was a video worth to watch, wich is heavier to the Hdmi bandwith? 1080p 120fps 10bit Hdr or 4k 120fps 8bit yuv 4:2:2 fake Hdr 🤔
Hopefully Sony role out the 40gbit hdmi update then we can stop to argue whats better 👍🏻

I know 😃
When playing in 4k 120/40hz it shows 40.
it is locked 120hz while playing in 1080p. It hase sometime fluctuation between 90/120hz.
But at the end both variants are suboptimal. I would love to play in 4k120hz rgb/Hdr.
What i think all the time and thats was a video worth to watch, wich is heavier to the Hdmi bandwith? 1080p 120fps 10bit Hdr or 4k 120fps 8bit yuv 4:2:2 fake Hdr 🤔
Hopefully Sony role out the 40gbit hdmi update then we can stop to argue whats better 👍🏻
I just want to know why 4:2:2 is fake HDR. I use the regular mode because of the IQ but the HDR is fine with YUV.

The channel Gaming Tech seems to think it makes no difference, and that guy specializes on HDR

I just want to know why 4:2:2 is fake HDR. I use the regular mode because of the IQ but the HDR is fine with YUV.

The channel Gaming Tech seems to think it makes no difference, and that guy specializes on HDR
Yuv 4:2:2 is 8bit coloure with HDR whitepoint (same problem with red dead redemption at the beginning because missmatch of brightness and colour)
Of corse it can look not that bad but you miss out fine details and the full spectrum. With yuv 4:2:2 or tonemap via tv turned off, the ps5 HDR calibration ends by 15 klicks above 0 for full field and 10% window.
With rgb/Hdr and HDR tonemap via tv you can go to 22 klicks above 0 for both and you get finer nuance without washed out picture.

Im not sure that channel know about this, he mention sometimes it looks a bit washed and plays with the tv brightness settings but he dosnt mention why it is so.
You see that something is off while setting the ps5 hdr to the tv hdr tonmap. 4k60hz all is good but in that moment you switch to 120, tonmap on tv gets turned off while ps5 switch to yuv 4:2:2 and its washed out.

Edit:
So far i understand it, yuv 4:2:2 is only 1/4 the colour information for the horizontal axis. So you miss out colour depth and detail.

Last edited:
2-3 seconds a lap slower on Tsukuba Circuit and Nürburgring Nordschleife? ;)
Have you checked its not a pedals calibration issue? I had that recently surprise me, was very slow though with a capped throttle. Only turning off wheel/pedals fixed it. Just an idea. Happened to me everyday for awhile, and now for some reason its fine. Not sure if it started when the update happened.
Yeah, you're right - not all tracks, but on long ones I think there will be 20-30 seconds a lap :)
For example, the car slows down when I turn at full gas. I don't remember it working like this before the update.

I’m very happy about most of the pp changes. Since the update I can run the more recent and VGT Gr. 1 cars at 800pp and they’re actually fast now! I could still pull off a win at Spa or Sardegna easily enough before but it wasn’t fun like it is now. The Mazda LM-55 Gr. 1 is kind of like an AWD 787b which definitely helps during the rain. I didn’t even have to reduce power on the Tomahawk Gr. 1 I just adjusted the Aero settings and I got 7 laps on FM1 at Sardegna without short shifting.

Since the update I can run the more recent and VGT Gr. 1 cars at 800pp and they’re actually fast now!
this is the most negative aspect of that update; it's possible to use a group c car with a high rpm turbo (900+ bhp, <900kg) and still be less than 800pp.
Meanwhile you have to detune the audi dtm car for 800pp...

Back