Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.31 is Now Available

• Thread starter Noname0529
  • 1,290 comments
Am I doing myself a disservice by not using some form of ABS? Is weak the go to in this update? Im keen to be as competitive as possible online, so definitely happy to bring some abs in if it is in fact faster?

I raced a few gr3 races today and it certainly avoided any lock ups, but wasn’t really comparing lap times yet.
I would say that using ABS is faster in GT7. I've been using 'default' but might give 'weak' a go to experiment since they've made some changes.

Last edited:
Hello!
I'm not a pro so don't laught please but I have B racer rating in Sport and I got top-5 almost in every race before the update. After the update I'm always last. I lost 2-3 seconds per lap on every map, Am I the only one with this problem? Seems like everyone is ok with the update, but I became much worse after it. What can I do?

Hello!
I'm not a pro so don't laught please but I have B racer rating in Sport and I got top-5 almost in every race before the update. After the update I'm always last. I lost 2-3 seconds per lap on every map, Am I the only one with this problem? Seems like everyone is ok with the update, but I became much worse after it. What can I do?
I’m not a pro, but have you tried slowing down? For some reason when somebody gets ahead of me, I begin overdriving and fall back further until I remember to not chase them and just drive, then I catch back up. You’d think I’d learn by now.

But I’m about to start diving into online. Am I doing myself a disservice by not using some form of ABS? Is weak the go to in this update? Im keen to be as competitive as possible online, so definitely happy to bring some abs in if it is in fact faster?
Why not just go online the way you run and see how compare? I know if I make a room with all assists enabled, I still don’t use most of them, sometimes I get wasted and other times I do alright, if I run a room without assists, I get less people joining and actually staying, and those that do, sometimes complain that it’s turned off. I’m usually in the top 3 when it’s all off, but not always.

I run ABS on a setting I forget and countersteering on Strong, but I’ve ran with it all off and I think even with those on, it’s pretty close to them off now anyway. Before the update I had joined a room that had everything off except for abs. I hadn’t noticed. I was doing quite well until what seemed out of nowhere, snap oversteer or I just broke traction around a sweeper. Suddenly I’m a flying saucer spinning off the track. This update I think for the most part has fixed that thankfully. Good luck.

I setup my new tv (lg oled65cs9la) yesterday, enabed 120hz, vrr, alm and what not.
Started gt7 and changed settings to resolution mode with 120hz. Didn't see any differences, connected ps5 back to older 60hz tv and was surprised how "sluggish" it looks/feels there :D

I wish there would be a function that automatically turns assists like ABS on on cars that really have them in irl, and off on cars that don’t have it like classic cars, race cars etc.. And in modern cars in which you can turn them on/ off, that there would be a option in the HUD or something to do this while driving.

I wish there would be a function that automatically turns assists like ABS on on cars that really have them in irl, and off on cars that don’t have it like classic cars, race cars etc.. And in modern cars in which you can turn them on/ off, that there would be a option in the HUD or something to do this while driving.
Yes. I actually made a whole list and researched every car in the game, and I remember to always set it off or on when the cars has ABS or not. Only ABS weak too, even if a supercar has a great abs system, as that is just way too specific

Yes. I actually made a whole list and researched every car in the game, and I remember to always set it off or on when the cars has ABS or not. Only ABS weak too, even if a supercar has a great abs system, as that is just way too specific
Oh nice, that’s some work I guess👍
Do you have this list in some kind of PDF or something to upload maybe?🤓🙏

I wish there would be a function that automatically turns assists like ABS on on cars that really have them in irl, and off on cars that don’t have it like classic cars, race cars etc.. And in modern cars in which you can turn them on/ off, that there would be an option in the HUD or something to do this while driving.
That “Authentic” option in Project Cars 2. We needs that.

F.Y.I. the 2021 GR86 pre update 490 pp. Post update 489 pp.
I just got my second one as a prize car. Both untouched. One had 490 the other 489. Changed to the 490 one to make sure it was stock and it went to 489pp afterwards.
20230408_135051.jpg

Civic Touring car as well. One 541.08 and the other 551.12. Now, I did not plan on buying two but I forgot about the first one 😅. I have not touched either. I most have got one pre update and one post update. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Oh nice, that’s some work I guess👍
Do you have this list in some kind of PDF or something to upload maybe?🤓🙏
Actually I do have it, maybe an old thread, i'll send it your way. It's been handy at first, then I automatically knew more about my cars and don't need the list anymore.

Their analysis really doesn't do it justice. They love downplaying Playstation games though so it's not much of a surprise. Between 120fps and the new physics it's practically a brand new game.

I drove the Lamborghini Diablo GT last night around Goodwood and it was fantastic. Felt like a proper old-school supercar in that if you treat it poorly, it will bite you. Moreover, the sense of connection to the machine was quite something to behold: it genuinely felt as though the controller was directly connected to the car. I was in complete control of the vehicle and it's a great feeling for someone who won't ever be able to use a wheel and pedals.

lol what in the world. Digital Foundry is probably the only review you can call objective since they're just stating verifiably true information.

I mean not really? In their head to heads they constantly downplay whenever a PS5 game outperforms the Xbox version. And Eurogamer in general constantly scores Playstation first party games well below the metacritic average.

I mean not really? In their head to heads they constantly downplay whenever a PS5 game outperforms the Xbox version. And Eurogamer in general constantly scores Playstation first party games well below the metacritic average.
This is true, but for game analysis like this one, I find they actually praise it

Odd, considering I see them doing the exact opposite of what you are claiming 🤷‍♂️

Exaggerating things about GT's AI using a video that proves the opposite, talking down to someone with an old injury and now claiming a supposed bias that doesn't exist. What will he think of next?

Their analysis really doesn't do it justice. They love downplaying Playstation games though so it's not much of a surprise. Between 120fps and the new physics it's practically a brand new game.

They literally called the new modes a game changer. It's right there in the headline.

The whole game sometimes feels like an ad for certain brands.

I never understood the point of adding "normal everyday cars", specially when those cars have or had a sporty version before (Mazda 3 MPS/Mazda 6 MPS). I also don't see a point in adding everyday cars for the same brands over and over. If they really want to waste resources on such cars, atleast do it for different brands.

The fact that, for PD, the Alphard was a bigger priority than any of the Hyundai "N" models, is beyond my comprehension. The fact that Toyota alone has as many "everyday cars" as there are true hypercars in the whole game, is baffling. I remember when some people would say that the game had too many hypercars. 🙃
How can it be beyond comprehension when you just acknowledged that the game feels like advertizing? Do the math and you’ll likely have the answer.

They literally called the new modes a game changer. It's right there in the headline.

But then if you read the actual article this is all they have to say about the best option

The resolution option in VRR is even more interesting. On the surface, performance seems disappointing with typical gameplay frame-rates in the 70-100fps region, while replays hit the 50s regularly. However, that's because the game is rendering at a full 4K here, providing a seemingly identical presentation to the game in its 60Hz mode. Image quality is typically very nice and sharp, with a bit of aliasing on certain edges but otherwise looking very good on the whole.

Not much of an endorsement for what may be the best example of resolution/fps boost of any game on any console.

So TLDR: Because they didn't shout from the top of the mountains that "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!", it automatically means they "Downplayed" it. This is such a strange hill to die on, dude.

Last edited:
But then if you read the actual article this is all they have to say about the best option

The resolution option in VRR is even more interesting. On the surface, performance seems disappointing with typical gameplay frame-rates in the 70-100fps region, while replays hit the 50s regularly. However, that's because the game is rendering at a full 4K here, providing a seemingly identical presentation to the game in its 60Hz mode. Image quality is typically very nice and sharp, with a bit of aliasing on certain edges but otherwise looking very good on the whole.

Not much of an endorsement for what may be the best example of resolution/fps boost of any game on any console.
I would rather have 1080p resolution than 4k with much better graphics on ps5. Because what we have now are low-medium textures but in 4k. It doesn't look good in that high resolution.

I respect your opinion. Some prefer the highest resolutions with compromises and some prefer the highest graphics.
Yeah I was sort of joking, I typically prefer graphics over resolution but specifically for my setup for GT7 I literally don't know if I'd be able to read text sitting 2 feet away from a 55" TV at 1080p

Gt is the wors exsample for 4k or 1080p 120fps gaming. God of war ragnarök is the best. 1080p, Vrr, full rgb/hdr fidelity mode but instead of 40fps it runs in 120fps. And it looks so freaking good. Not like the wors anti aliasing performance from PD.
Maybe PD should ask SANTA MONICA STUDIOS OR INSOMNIAC how to 120fps.

Last edited:
Back