Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.31 is Now Available

• Thread starter Noname0529
  • 1,290 comments
I totally disagree. As much as Iove the game everything looks flat and the geometry is somehow very low quality even though the system is now struggling to keep 60fps. Unreal 5 also eliminates pop in. It's perfectly tailored for a racing game. You could have scapes level detail on a track with 30 cars and it would hold the frame rate better than GT7.
Unreal also isn’t immune to pop in. Your going far to much off the tech demos they have put out. Pop still exists in those demos to. A lot of those features that make UE5 what it is require a lot of CPU/GPU juice etc which would eat into the budget of the car physics department. There’s always trade offs. Nothing else currently matches PD when it comes to cars and how they are modelled

Just gonna throw it out there. The Alphard is probably the most fun to drive out of the five. :lol:

That chase cam takes a lot to get used to tho
I tried both the Alphard and the Mazda 3, and turns out the Alphard is one second slower, but for a minivan, it's pretty damn fast, if you ask me. Just imagine a minivan being able to beat a hatchback just like that.

One thing I find weird is that the Porsche 959 will tend to do a wheelie whenever you launch it from a standstill. Or maybe this happens when you use racing tires.

Such a shame the new variants of the nurburgring don’t have night time…
I can't believe you're right, but you're right! We have a full day/night cycle on the 24h layout, but not on the Sprint and Endurance layouts. I'm now here thinking... why? What kind of technical limitation is that?

The Sprint can go to 9 p.m and the Endurance can go to 10 p.m. It's so weird because the sky, the sun and the lighting is already there for the 24h variant.

I totally disagree. As much as Iove the game everything looks flat and the geometry is somehow very low quality even though the system is now struggling to keep 60fps. Unreal 5 also eliminates pop in. It's perfectly tailored for a racing game. You could have scapes level detail on a track with 30 cars and it would hold the frame rate better than GT7.
UE5 is not perfectly tailored for racing games. It is a generalist engine, just like Unity. There is good reason why most racing sims use bespoke engines instead of a generalist solution. They have spent years and years tailoring them to suit the needs of this specific genre.

Last edited:
Unreal also isn’t immune to pop in. Your going far to much off the tech demos they have put out. Pop still exists in those demos to. A lot of those features that make UE5 what it is require a lot of CPU/GPU juice etc which would eat into the budget of the car physics department. There’s always trade offs. Nothing else currently matches PD when it comes to cars and how they are modelled

Unreal 4 isn't immune to pop-in. Unreal 5 is. The car models are great but the pop in ruins them. The tracks aren't modeled for next Gen and with their current software they never will be. Unreal 5 is a much lighter solution than what they are using currently. Play the Matrix demo and then tell me you wouldn't want to see that in the game. It isn't open world so 60fps should be easy with that level of detail in GT7.

Last edited:
OK just tried two group 3 cars I like and dear god, this is just unplayable. The cars feel so heavy, it's like the brakes don't work, they refuse to turn even on racing mediums. Absolutely HORRIBLE experience. What have they done?

Unreal 4 isn't immune to pop-in. Unreal 5 is. The car models are great but the pop in ruins them. The tracks aren't modeled for next Gen and with their current software they never will be. Unreal 5 is a much lighter solution than what they are using currently. Play the Matrix demo and then tell me you wouldn't want to see that in the game. It isn't open world so 60fps should be easy with that level of detail in GT7.

So much i like the new unreal engine but what you have seen here is a techdemo with 8k assets for the film industry. Running on 4090 rtx and a13900k with at least 128gb of ram. We never get those hardware on console.

Last edited:

Matrix demo has awful IQ. I believe in PD, something as simple as a PS5 Pro could solve pop-in. Maybe GT8.

On the update, here's what I found for graphics:

All modes detailed.

• Raytracing/Resolution + 120hz: Runs at a little less than Native 4K, stays at 120fps if on Time Trial, with a lot of cars and rain it will hover between 80-90. Raytracing is OFF on the replays, but ON in the garage and showcase features. Great feature this.
  • Raytracing/Resolution + 120hz OFF: Runs at Native 4K and 60fps, the same as before, but now has VRR on. This mode has the best IQ and looks amazing on the C1. This is the same GT7 as before but with VRR. Raytracing runs at 30fps, replays and garages.
  • Framerate + 120hz: Runs at 1440p, almost locked 120fps in all modes. Time Trial is locked 120fps. Has much more shimmering and small details on the cars are less resolved. Seems like it has more pop-in per Turk1993 above
  • Framerate + 120hz OFF: 4K60 and no raytracing. Same as before but with VRR.
I forgot one thing. Reflections when you are playing on cockpit view are running at half-rate since launch. This means that on the Raytracing/Resolution mode, with 120hz turned on you get faster reflections which look much better than the regular 4K60 modes. I've tested it at Tokyo with the Dodge Viper, which shows you a lot of reflections, they look much smoother.

UE5 is not perfectly tailored for racing games. It is a generalist engine, just like Unity. There is good reason why most racing sims use bespoke engines instead of a generalist solution. They have spent years and years tailoring them to suit the needs of this specific genre.

I don't think you've researched unreal 5. Nanite works best on rigid bodies like cars and scenery. You can create one highly detailed model and it will automatically take those billions of triangles and only use those that are required for the highest possible quality so you literally will never have an LOD transition. That is perfect for a racing game.

Just read the full leaked details for this coming update and WOW. I have a feeling there is going to be a huge uptick in people annoyed and angry with the game after the update goes live. Sounds like there will be significant changes to many aspects of the actual racing, tunes, strategies and PP points for cars.
I am fully prepared to have to mess with all of my tunes for specific PP restricted events and adjust tune and pit strategies once again in regards to tire wear from the sound of it.
I also read a statement specifically regarding Tokyo 600 event and it made me think they’re nerfing the Escudo (and maybe even AMG Black) exploit tunes.
So, how’s 1.31 treating everyone?

Pretty darn good updated
Enjoying the cars

Gt7 is the best
Cant wait to repeat ....

Tokyo wet
Le man 700
And sardegna

Over n
Over n
Over n
Over n
Over n

Bord again, turn it off wait n hope for next month .

All them tracks all then cars all them events .

But once again the price structure ruins it .

Hell id be happy if they reduced the prize credits for them 3 races just to give a reason to farm other evens

Please no, don't give PD that kind of ideas 😅🤫

Im sorry but suggesting unreal 5 for racing is Ridiculous lol. You still have to create custom pipelines for various things. And PD has some of the best car modeling on the planet with their solution. And none of that nanite stuff can run at 60 FPS.

Although I agree with you, Kunos used UE4 in ACC. So it’s doable. Granted they said they will use a custom engine for AC2 so maybe it didn’t go as expected.

Migrating to mainstream engines has the benefit of being easier to hire devs, but nothing will come close to a custom engine. They need to customise UE4/5 so much that at some point it’s a custom engine on top of UE.

Although I agree with you, Kunos used UE4 in ACC. So it’s doable. Granted they said they will use a custom engine for AC2 so maybe it didn’t go as expected.

Migrating to mainstream engines has the benefit of being easier to hire devs, but nothing will come close to a custom engine. They need to customise UE4/5 so much that at some point it’s a custom engine on top of UE.
Kunos are a simulation technology company as much as they are a game studio, it makes sense for them to build a custom engine for a general purpose simulator. My hunch is they went with UE4 for ACC because the idea of a GT3-only race sim was a big risk at the time, and using an off the shelf engine reduced the financial investment.

Last edited:
RS5 is damn planted and quick! I don't normally like the GT cars so I bought this one just to fill my collection and then sell it. After trying it I think I'll keep it.

Alphard and Mazda3 are surprisingly fun.

Porsche 904 is quick even with comfort soft. I think the tinkered tire model has something to do with it. The engine sounds great, it spits flames, it handles so fun too!

959 feels heavy but quick. It's a bit boaty but a blast to drive too!

Like 💩 first run on Sarthe. Better when doing Sardegna.
I haven’t had a chance to run any races yet, just had enough time to install the update and go buy all the new cars. Curious to see how much PP has changed and overall drivability of my cars are now with the new physics.

Im sorry but suggesting unreal 5 for racing is Ridiculous lol. You still have to create custom pipelines for various things. And PD has some of the best car modeling on the planet with their solution. And none of that nanite stuff can run at 60 FPS.
You can and most devs do create custom pipelines within unreal. Nanite absolutely can run at 60fps. Their car models could be directly imported into unreal 5 and look far better in action as they wouldn't have all of the LOD issues.

Just came back from work and logged in. Quickly noticed:

• All the Gr3 and Gr4 cars got 50 point increase in rear wing setting (650>700, 300>350)
  • PP is all over the place, some Gr4 cars got from 630 to 617, some from 630 to 635
  • All the Gr3 cars got a significant bump down in pp, so you can add much more power, especially with rear wing at 700
  • Front wing dramatically influences PP, much more than before
  • Old Gr1 cars got literally a 70PP bump down, Sauber C9, 787B, R92CP etc which I had tuned for Sardegna and Spa all got bumped from 800 to ~730PP ???? You can literally run the same setup as before but with like a 1000HP and still be within the 800PP limit
  • As for the driving, didn't have the time to test much, I ran the Aston DBR1 at Grand Valley and spun 5 or 6 times before completing a lap, terrible, we will see later what's what
  • T300RS is MUCH MUCH heavier than before on the same settings, it's like I increased the FFB from 5 to 10

Last edited:
Back