Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.31 is Now Available

• Thread starter Noname0529
  • 1,290 comments
Eh? What are you waffling on about?!

Both the PS4 and PS5 are x86 based and the GPU in the PS5 is backwards compatible with the one in the PS4. Apart from changed calls to PS5 specific APIs (to enable raytracing, VR, and whatnot) the codebase for GT7 on both the PS4 and PS5 will be practically identical and completely "native".

I'm not sure you know what "native" actually means.
he means the next gt will be made from the ground up thinking about PS5 and not PS4 limitations, but this dude waffles about a lot too

You’re missing the point. I’m not complaining we don’t have access to the liveries. I know they will be available eventually. It’s just a matter of having AI cars use different liveries without having to buy the cars and set it yourself.

Besides, this is only possible in custom races. If you do any event it would still be cool to see the RS5 using different liveries every once in a while.
I get what you mean, it gets boring seeing the same liveries on the ai cars when grinding the same three races

Close enough... 😅😅

"Gonna head down to the supermarket... need anything?"
View attachment 1243797
The hinted at SUVs' a while back and drop minivan lol. Will they bring back odyssey too to compete with it like the TWO pick ups they have?

Im hoping they do actually drop an suv or 2.

Rather have performance suv like mine!
20230324_141627.jpg

Definitely slower than my 2016 GT-R GT500 - a bit less grip everywhere, but it also feels more approachable in that the loss of grip is more gradual. The Audi also has functioning DRS, which is cool
Could be the rear wing, which also was the original intention in Super GT: making the cars slower.

Does your GT-R have the larger wing too or the smaller (stock) one?

Am I the only who experienced some slight stuttering in the Mercedes Benz Arena on the new sprint layout of the Nürburgring in the new Touring Car 800 event?

Could be the rear wing, which also was the original intention in Super GT: making the cars slower.

Does your GT-R have the larger wing too or the smaller (stock) one?
The stock one

Physics and feedback feel night and day better since this patch. It’s like PD finally remembered to enable the laser scanned track detail. My Fanatec CSL elite feels alive now with much more communication of track and kerb texture than we had before this. Loads more rear traction too, more predictable loss of traction out of low and mid speed corners. Understeer effect is very pronounced and will take some tuning to dial out but so far I’m super impressed. Using PSVR2 I can now drive the car how I expect it to handle in real life.

Great update for all the changes to physics, tires, assists etc... Hopefully the MR cars issue in slow corners will get fixed.
I can't wait to try 120Fps as my TV supports it. It has to be butter smooth at 120fps
New cars are a "meh" for me. DTM and 959 I will buy. The minivan better have a fuming engine swap from day 1 otherwise useless. Mazda and old Porsche I couldn't care less.
Still no purchasable engine swaps or rare parts. PD if you want us to keep grinding for credits you have to allow us to buy these. I basically have all the expensive cars I wanted now and all the new ones. Keep me interested in playing daily to grind for parts and engines.
Why do they need to keep people grinding? I paid for the game. They made their money. I know some people I’d totally recommend to buy the game but I don’t encourage them or even mention it because I know my garage is full of a lot of cars we can race online together and they’ll be so far behind they’ll just give up. Should allow us to lend cars like they do in Sport. I open a lobby, I want to run the 917K, stock versions are available to use for anyone in that room, only catch is I have to run mine stock as well besides all being able to run different tire selections.

I’ve been sitting around $3 million for weeks, haven’t played one single player race. three weeks of almost racing every night I’ve gone from $2.4 million to $2.8. Thats ridiculous. What benefit is it to PD for me to NOT race with friends and resort to grinding boring half hour races by myself to earn cash?

Physics and feedback feel night and day better since this patch. It’s like PD finally remembered to enable the laser scanned track detail. My Fanatec CSL elite feels alive now with much more communication of track and kerb texture than we had before this. Loads more rear traction too, more predictable loss of traction out of low and mid speed corners. Understeer effect is very pronounced and will take some tuning to dial out but so far I’m super impressed. Using PSVR2 I can now drive the car how I expect it to handle in real life.
I like the sound of that, hopefully the DD1 will feel improved feedback too!

The stock one
Ah, the one with (as strange as it might sound) more downforce.

Guess I'll just slap the larger wing on my RC F and do the ultimate test myself. Why? Because I want to know if the GT500 cars should all be fitted with the larger wing - for BOP reasons - when put together with the RS5 into a custom race.

I hope you're not playing a horrible trick on us lol. I've been praying for this day lololol.

Same. My T300 just came alive! Can feel the track and kerbs now, love it!

If you have GT Sport try the Gr.3 WRX at DT Seaside then try it in GT7. Its completely FUBAR'd in GT7. Its orders of magnitude slower if you even think about looking at a kerb.
Ah yes, they certainly scrub off speed - I couldn't say if that's realistic though. Unfortunately, I don't have Sport.

Same. My T300 just came alive! Can feel the track and kerbs now, love it!
So I maybe I wasn't imagining it... I only did 10 or so laps around Dragon Trail this morning but I also think FFB has improved. The loss of detail on mid/fast corners seems to have been restored, at least partially (DD Pro). But I'll take any improvement, even if it's imaginary... LOL

nah. It wouldn't. PD has better materials and lightning still
I totally disagree. As much as Iove the game everything looks flat and the geometry is somehow very low quality even though the system is now struggling to keep 60fps. Unreal 5 also eliminates pop in. It's perfectly tailored for a racing game. You could have scapes level detail on a track with 30 cars and it would hold the frame rate better than GT7.

So, after testing tweeking hammering on it PD killed the sf19. Its a shadow of it self.
Please Pd go back to where it was before.
I spoke to a couple sf19 driver wheel and controller user and they have all the same thoughts.
R.I.P Sf19

IMG_7874.gif

Last edited:
Honesty I think PD need to swallow their pride and use Unreal 5 for GT8. It would look so much better than their current custom software.
It’s not just about looks but functionality the cost and time it would take for PD implement there systems into a new engine would take a lot of time. Also while Unreal is nice it’s also a absolute dog and doing some things it’s not a 1 size fits all engine it can’t do everything.

So I maybe I wasn't imagining it... I only did 10 or so laps around Dragon Trail this morning but I also think FFB has improved. The loss of detail on mid/fast corners seems to have been restored, at least partially (DD Pro). But I'll take any improvement, even if it's imaginary... LOL
Like night and day with a T300. Much heavier FFB now too. It's probably just more noticeable on belt driven wheels compared to DD wheels.

Back