Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.43 Now Available: Adds Three Cars, New Races & Engine Swaps

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 691 comments
The Jimny, Alphard, Ambulance, Barker Tourer, Alfa Touring Berlinetta etc. are all awesome.
They are fun cars, but the issue is they kind of stand alone.

"Career mode" doesn't have a single event for the Alfa or Barker, unless you feel like cramming them into Sunday cup or something. Why not add more vintage racecars, make them more accessible, and give them events? Same for the prewar cars, add more! And then give them some events.

The Jimny is the same, it stands alone as this oddball modern kei offroader. Would have made more sense to add a different suzuki like an alto works.

Again, I'm fine with cars like this, but I'd much rather we fill in the holes in rhe basic car list first, with events to go with. It makes no sense the way GT7 does it. We have no cadillac V cars, barely any 90s hot hatches, barely any sport sedans, 90s-2000s domestics, tons of missing JDM cars etc I can keep listing....but we get an ambulance instead? The ambulance should come last on that list

Last edited:
Yes, they are. But they are pointless in a game that doesn't give them much content if at all. Why would you buy the Barker Tourer for? It doesn't make any sense at all. Same goes for the Alfa and some others... Cool cars but useless, hence worthless and a waste.
I play multiplayer.

I play multiplayer.
Still applies. More fleshed out car choices mean more setups for sport mode, lobbies, league play etc.

Pre war cars for example - we currently have the Barker and the Alfa, iirc. Both very expensive. PD could add in 3 or 4 more prewar cars, maybe one more expensive one, then some cheaper ones. And then use rhat group for events. "Pre 1939" or however they would phrase it. Just like how rhe classic events require pre - X year.

The whole point would be to make sure every car has a competitor, that's a huge issue with GT7. Not just with wierd cars, but in general - so many cars simply stand alone in their respective class/market. Give them all something to race against

No trailer must mean the update is cancelled. Kaz personally read all of the comments here complaining about the choice of cars and decided that we get nothing instead, which I'm sure will make some people happy.

Joking, obviously....or am I?

No trailer must mean the update is cancelled. Kaz personally read all of the comments here complaining about the choice of cars and decided that we get nothing instead, which I'm sure will make some people happy.

you-lose-you-get-nothing.gif

🤣

Last edited:
Anyone here remember the Suzuki Samurai? Yeah, that one. The rebadged Jimny sold in the US.
I'm not sure why they chose an '11 model but the 11-14 model years were the last of the SVT involvement in the Raptor. After that it became simply an option package for the F-150.

Anyone here remember the Suzuki Samurai? Yeah, that one. The rebadged Jimny sold in the US.
I'm not sure why they chose an '11 model but the 11-14 model years were the last of the SVT involvement in the Raptor. After that it became simply an option package for the F-150.
I've seen many an SBC swapped Samurai in my time lol

Yes, they are. But they are pointless in a game that doesn't give them much content if at all. Why would you buy the Barker Tourer for? It doesn't make any sense at all. Same goes for the Alfa and some others... Cool cars but useless, hence worthless and a waste.
The ‘Barker and Alfa are useful once there’s races for them - the hard part was modeling itself.

The weird bit is that PD isn’t doing the easy part. If you judge a car’s usefulness by the races you can use it in, for most of the first year or more all Group 1 & 2 cars, Superformula, Kart, Redbulls, and many MR road cars were useless.

What we need is better (and gratuitously more) event selection, not an absence of certain types of cars. Just about every other car you listed can be utilized in a large amount of the campaign menu, and a lot of the optional/post menu races as well.

Being able to not only buy and drive, but customize, tune, and race an ambulance against cars of various performance levels is something wholly unique to Gran Turismo, and I think it elevates the experience. Part of the fun I’ve had playing through GT campaigns is entering a race and having no clue what might appear on the grid, especially by PS3 era when the grid sizes and car count expanded so much. Having races with more stringent entry requirements and just simply more of them is what will make the game more functional and the oddball content having more functionality.

I would otherwise agree it’s a “waste” - but the labor has been done to get it here, let’s do the easy part to turn it into something useful.

More like selective comment reading (only read the negative comments and ignore any positive ones). In all realism, they either aren’t happy with the trailer currently and are amending or as they have slightly changed the teaser being a small video, trailers may be changed slightly including the release day of it.

More like selective comment reading (only read the negative comments and ignore any positive ones). In all realism, they either aren’t happy with the trailer currently and are amending or as they have slightly changed the teaser being a small video, trailers may be changed slightly including the release day of it.
Regardless of the trailer coming out or not the update is surely gonna drop tommorow, hence the maintenance on the main site.

The ‘Barker and Alfa are useful once there’s races for them - the hard part was modeling itself.

The weird bit is that PD isn’t doing the easy part. If you judge a car’s usefulness by the races you can use it in, for most of the first year or more all Group 1 & 2 cars, Superformula, Kart, Redbulls, and many MR road cars were useless.

What we need is better (and gratuitously more) event selection, not an absence of certain types of cars. Just about every other car you listed can be utilized in a large amount of the campaign menu, and a lot of the optional/post menu races as well.

Being able to not only buy and drive, but customize, tune, and race an ambulance against cars of various performance levels is something wholly unique to Gran Turismo, and I think it elevates the experience. Part of the fun I’ve had playing through GT campaigns is entering a race and having no clue what might appear on the grid, especially by PS3 era when the grid sizes and car count expanded so much. Having races with more stringent entry requirements and just simply more of them is what will make the game more functional and the oddball content having more functionality.

I would otherwise agree it’s a “waste” - but the labor has been done to get it here, let’s do the easy part to turn it into something useful.
The oddest part of this is that, in terms of GT games, 7 is the easiest to add events into.

All events in game are just a set of parameters, with very few specifics. None of them are part of existing Championships/series so that doesnt factor in. Event settings for career are, 95% of the time, as simple as custom race.

Also I agree on more restricted events. More one makes, more class and type specific events, etc.

The oddest part of this is that, in terms of GT games, 7 is the easiest to add events into.

All events in game are just a set of parameters, with very few specifics. None of them are part of existing Championships/series so that doesnt factor in. Event settings for career are, 95% of the time, as simple as custom race.

Also I agree on more restricted events. More one makes, more class and type specific events, etc.
Only 1/3 ofthe game events are restricted, which is really a bummer.

Being the always optimistic Gran Turismo player maybe there's some good surprise inside. (Let's hope there is)
Something real Nice would be a real A-spec/GT MODE.

im feelin it

It makes sense there's something Else... For the first time, It was a small video for the silhouettes with a different Silent Hill like song... Or maybe that's our trailer

Last edited:
Something real Nice would be a real A-spec/GT MODE.

im feelin it

It makes sense there's something Else... For the first time, It was a small video for the silhouettes with a different Silent Hill like song... Or maybe that's our trailer
Yep, the different style of silhouettes reveal made me think and hope for something more.

Back