Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.43 Now Available: Adds Three Cars, New Races & Engine Swaps

• Thread starter GTFan24
  • 691 comments
If you're looking for positives, the Hagerty's cars, at least not counting the 12 that neither have new engines/new bodies available nor are sources for engine swaps, went an aggregate 661,500 Cr. down in price.

In other news, @Moose78's work on Gr.4 cars just went out the window as the category just underwent a massive BoP adjustment (thanks @FluxWildly)

@Famine - One correction to the article because PD changed how "hot" cars are priced in the UCD (or at least is putting high-mileage cars on the "hot" list now) - the Renault's price will not be going down on its second appearance. Its zero-mileage price is 30,000 Cr. (new engine price of 15,000 Cr.).

Last edited:
Tidg,
At a first glance it appears that a lot of the MR cars have lost weight and the FR cars have gained weight.
Could this possibly be to even out the difference in tyre wear between the two drivetrains that you have highlighted in your car profiles I wonder🤔
It'll be more to do with the weight transfer issues some cars have I think, MR has a major issue with it so cutting the weight begins to solve that problem

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. Now I have a new project to work on. 🤪
At least there's a couple weeks before the Manufacturers Cup starts (which won't help anybody who signed on already).

What could be the reason why only certain cars have the ability to swap engine and only with a certain engine?
This will be purely down to Manufacturer permissions I suspect. I can't ever imagine Ferrari agreeing to anything for example, based on even real world events (That Mouse guy, with the purrari I think it was?)

Here's my Video on the new patch for those interested!

What could be the reason why only certain cars have the ability to swap engine and only with a certain engine?
This will be purely down to Manufacturer permissions I suspect. I can't ever imagine Ferrari agreeing to anything for example, based on even real world events (That Mouse guy, with the purrari I think it was?)

Here's my Video on the new patch for those interested!

That's PD authority, I don't think it's about manufacturer permission.

also dripfeed

also dripfeed
It definitely isn't PDs Authority. I can tell you from ACC and Project Cars that Manufacturers have the final say in everything as it's their licence. The trailers for example you'll notice most of the time never race other cars because manufacturers don't want their car seen in a bad light (This is even more of a factor with modern/latest cars, check ACC trailers out for a similar experience). Project cars you weren't allowed to customise the livery on Ferraris (And Mclaren became picky later). Big manufacturers have all the power with their licencing. It's probably one of the reasons why we don't have later Ferrari GT3 cars.

It definitely isn't PDs Authority. I can tell you from ACC and Project Cars that Manufacturers have the final say in everything as it's their licence. The trailers for example you'll notice most of the time never race other cars because manufacturers don't want their car seen in a bad light (This is even more of a factor with modern/latest cars, check ACC trailers out for a similar experience). Project cars you weren't allowed to customise the livery on Ferraris (And Mclaren became picky later). Big manufacturers have all the power with their licencing. It's probably one of the reasons why we don't have later Ferrari GT3 cars.
This reminds me of how 458 GT3 used to have something similar to AF Corse livery during first showcases of GT Sport (way before release) and later got a plain red colour. So maybe there is actually something going on with Ferrari's GT3. But it's weird, why would Ferrari prefer players in a very popular game race a very outdated car against newer models from other manufacturers, especially with the whole e-sports thing going on. Maybe it's actually PD who don't want to deal with complications of licensing Ferrari's GT3s?

Soooo, thread's up.

also dripfeed
If you could NOT make up facts like that, that'd be great. Its been well known for a while how a Much say Manufacturers have (Especially Ferrari, who's limitations with Customizations were made abundantly clear in GT Sport).

Last edited:
It's looking like the development cycle of GT7 is coming to an end, we know GT8 or whatever it's going to be called is been worked on and a PS5 only game will probably be announced over the summer for a probably Q4 25 or Q1 26
Someone seems to draw that conclusion every month and there's literally no basis for it, whether it happens to be true or not.

Someone seems to draw that conclusion every month and there's literally no basis for it, whether it happens to be true or not.
^this 100%

Today’s update is literally standard update we’ve got since launch of the game.

It is especially funny because GT’s update are actually pretty good if you compare it to other titles when you get 4-5 cars in paid update per year where in GT7 you get around 36 cars for free per year.

I’m happy we have another four door sport sedan. Super Taikyu all the stuffs.
1709205677346.jpeg

Last edited:
"Looks like because we didn't get alot of cars or a track like that one update, this game is done"

Swear, these folks. Its not that deep.

Last edited:
Soooo, thread's up.

If you could NOT make up facts like that, that'd be great. Its been well known for a while how a Much say Manufacturers have (Especially Ferrari, who's limitations with Customizations were made abundantly clear in GT Sport).

I mean, it's PD's authority to put what car for swap and put what engine to swap, like how they add car updates. They put whatever they want, could be based in real life or could be based on their imagination. It's not like we can engine swap a Ferrari though, but if we put a Ferrari engine to other car, I don't think it's a problem. Also we can paint whatever we want to Ferrari in GT7 right? That may be a problem for Ferrari to put newer cars to GT7

I'm surprised that an Audi TTS is much faster than the EVO IX, and when both are fully upgraded, it's pretty darn close.

As for the Bvlgari, I've since improved my record to 6:41.963 and just love how it goes, despite its modest power. It puts its lightweight body, aerodynamics and agility first above all else.

We know the next game is in development, it's the lack of other content like scapes, menu books, new tracks for Sophy etc, The finally added the multi facetted BOP, which is probably last piece of the puzzle,
A PS5:embarrassed:nly title will open up other avenues of development.

But could be wrong, and it's is only a guess.

Back