Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.62 Now Available, Adds Four Vehicles Including Corvette Concepts

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 513 comments
  • 89,192 views
Perhaps the fact that Lotus is on the brink of collapse will force them to review their licensing fees. Before they die of course...
I swear this feels like a never ending theme with this company.
 
I haven't found anything the new Corvette VGT can race in. Let alone the other Corvette.
The CX concept can be used in the hypercar events, american clubman cup and sunday cup events
CX.R VGT concept can be used for VGT events, it is also eligible for WTC 900 but not usable to win WTC 900.
 
It's worse than that. As far as I know most all EV's (and a lot of the Hybrids) can only be used in one-make custom races. So, even in the relatively open playfield that is Custom Races you're still stuck racing a grid of identical cars.
It's like that but weirder. Cars with the "One-Make-Race-Only" rule can be used in custom races as part of mixed grids with other OMRO and unrestricted cars, if the player is driving an unrestricted car. E.g. You can race a field of mixed VGTs including EVs like the Porsche VGT, but not if you're driving an EV.

Also, one uniquely-powered vehicle that's not restricted is the Qashqai e-Power, presumably for custom-race endurance experiments to test insomnia/fuel-economy. As it doesn't have access to the fuel-mapping and laps remaining tab of the HUD-MFD-corner-thingy, and the fuel tank needle didn't perceptibly move in a short race I did, I thought it might use no fuel at all. A later test at 50x fuel usage confirmed that it does indeed sip petrol to recharge its battery, very efficiently. While I don't know if it can match its purported real-life range of about 1000km at 5.3L/100km (and I don't care to ever find out), the quick test indicated ~110+ laps of Brands Hatch at full depressed hoon, or a 440+ km full acceleration range.

Edit: On the CX.R, to get it into the 850PP VGT events, I needed 70% ECU, 70% power restrictor, nearly maximum ballast and a downgrade from RS to SM tyres.
 
Last edited:
Look like Avants guarrrding the house.
1756862170305.gif
 
Honestly the most disappointing thing in the update for me was the Corvette CX.R wasn’t in Group 1 despite fitting all the criteria for one.

Same issue I had with the Ferrari VGT when it was added. That’s clearly based on the 499P and is somehow a road car in the game despite coming with racing slicks and looking like an LMP.

If PD aren’t going to give us Le Mans Hypercars or other prototypes like the old Audi R8 or something, at least put the race car concepts into Group 1. Like who even cares anymore, that class is always going to be a mess as long as it exists, at least use the content you’re adding to expand the categories and give more useable options for things.

We haven’t gotten a new Gr.1 car since the GR010. I don’t think.
 
Last edited:
Honestly the most disappointing thing in the update for me was the Corvette CX.R wasn’t in Group 1 despite fitting all the criteria for one.

Same issue I had with the Ferrari VGT when it was added. That’s clearly based on the 499P and is somehow a road car in the game despite coming with racing slicks and looking like an LMP.

If PD aren’t going to give us Le Mans Hypercars or other prototypes like the old Audi R8 or something, at least put the race car concepts into Group 1. Like who even cares anymore, that class is always going to be a mess as long as it exists, at least use the content you’re adding to expand the categories and give more useable options for things.

We haven’t gotten a new Gr.1 car since the GR010. I don’t think.
I'm not sure how people were expecting this to happen when the horsepower figure is well over the average power figure in GR.1. There is not a single car in that class that is over 1,000 Horsepower let alone 2,000 (The Genesis Gran Racer itself beng the closest at only 800 or more horsepower, even though that chronic understeer with the boost sure makes it feel like its up to 2,000 HP).
 
I'm not sure how people were expecting this to happen when the horsepower figure is well over the average power figure in GR.1. There is not a single car in that class that is over 1,000 Horsepower let alone 2,000 (The Genesis Gran Racer itself beng the closest at only 800 or more horsepower, even though that chronic understeer with the boost sure makes it feel like its up to 2,000 HP).
Well, it’s a fictional car, so they can change the horsepower value to whatever they want really. There’s plenty of tuned Gr.1 version like the Bugatti that have nowhere near the power of the “standard” version to meet the regulations.

It’s just weird adding these competition spec concept cars and not being able to use them for that.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure how people were expecting this to happen when the horsepower figure is well over the average power figure in GR.1. There is not a single car in that class that is over 1,000 Horsepower let alone 2,000 (The Genesis Gran Racer itself beng the closest at only 800 or more horsepower, even though that chronic understeer with the boost sure makes it feel like its up to 2,000 HP).
Actually, the Genesis Gr.1's power figure is only from the ICE, so it's not counting the power from the hybrid system, which is around 670 BHP alone, for a total of over 1500 BHP. The game also states this, though I'm unsure if the car in-game actually has this much power.

1756905453166.webp


The Corvette VGT does have more power from it's battery, than from the V8, so maybe that is why it's not Gr.1. Besides the obvious fact that it has a lot more power than most Gr.1 cars...

EDIT: The Audi VGT Gr.1 also has more than 1000 BHP, even though the in-game stats say it has around 740 BHP.
 
Last edited:
Well, it’s a fictional car, so they can change the horsepower value to whatever they want really. There’s plenty of tuned Gr.1 version like the Bugatti that have nowhere near the power of the “standard” version to meet the regulations.
So are most of the other VGTs. Again, none of the cars on that class have over 1000 Horsepower as the listed overall figure while the Corvette CX.R does. PD don't even state the combined power of the LMP1 Hybrids either, making this more confusing then it needs to be.
It’s just weird adding these competition spec concept cars and not being able to use them for that.
And that's another reason I didn't expect it in GR.1: Multiple instances of cars clearly capable to be in a category yet they don't get the competition treatment some others did.
Actually, the Genesis Gr.1's power figure is only from the ICE, so it's not counting the power from the hybrid system, which is around 670 BHP alone, for a total of over 1500 BHP. The game also states this, though I'm unsure if the car in-game actually has this much power.

View attachment 1476722

The Corvette VGT does have more power from it's battery, than from the V8, so maybe that is why it's not Gr.1. Besides the obvious fact that it has a lot more power than most Gr.1 cars...

EDIT: The Audi VGT Gr.1 also has more than 1000 BHP, even though the in-game stats say it has around 740 BHP.
In-game, the Genesis Gran Racer VGT is listed at 869 Horsepower.
 
Last edited:
Are we expecting a skip- month this september, as there is no prediction thread made yet. For me this latest update is kind of boring. Can't even remember the cars excluding the Corvettes 😆
 
Are we expecting a skip- month this september, as there is no prediction thread made yet. For me this latest update is kind of boring. Can't even remember the cars excluding the Corvettes 😆
That Opel VGT is coming to the game this month so that would be a no. Question is what will be joining it.
 
That Opel VGT is coming to the game this month so that would be a no. Question is what will be joining it.
I don't think that's confirmed, is it?

The press releases just say "autumn", and while the Opel will be at the GTWS round, there's past precedent for that meaning it will show up in the month after (the Genesis, for instance).
 
That Opel VGT is coming to the game this month so that would be a no. Question is what will be joining it.
Dont know bout that, but it has been enough time for the Xiaomi scanning etc. Maybe they're coming both.
 
Dont know bout that, but it has been enough time for the Xiaomi scanning etc. Maybe they're coming both.
I doubt they would promote 2 "new" brands in the same update.
 
I doubt they would promote 2 "new" brands in the same update.
It's sad that we will get a VGT Opel before a Opel Calibra DTM (if and when...)
 
Since I just bought a 1998 MX-5, I’m calling the NB Roadster 1800 RS ‘98. :sly:
Nice, what's the handling like? I've heard from quite a few people that the first gen MX-5 is apparently one of the best driver's cars out there. I'd love to drive one of these but I unfortunately don't fit in the car comfortably.
 
Has it?

How long is "enough time" and how long has it been for the SU7?
I may be misremembering, but wasn't Kaz driving the '1500 hp' car somewhere in the spring? We're getting close to the magic six months - the time they need to bring the car to our TV screens. Am I correct?
 
I may be misremembering, but wasn't Kaz driving the '1500 hp' car somewhere in the spring? We're getting close to the magic six months - the time they need to bring the car to our TV screens. Am I correct?
It was in May, but where's the "magic six months" come from?

Cars can arrive in GT before they're available even to the press to drive (like pretty much all of the roadgoing Toyota GRs added), but that's pretty much limited to the preserves of key manufacturer partnerships and some concept models (like the CX). They can arrive two years - or more - after they were scanned (we know of a few precise dates for scanning and obviously we know when they've subsequently arrived).

The time needed for just the modelling is about 270 person-hours (per Kazunori Yamauchi in 2023), or about four months for one person spending half their entire working week on it (and it's not necessarily a collaborative task, so it won't reduce to scale if there's two people doing it). I've no idea how long it takes to get from car to scan to data, and I've no idea when PD would have scanned the SU7 - if they even have, as a small entourage visiting Xiaomi is rather different from having the scanning team with the car or the ideal of having the car in an appropriate setting for scanning.

I'd say that a wholly new car (other than Toyotas :lol: ) shouldn't be expected to arrive any time before a year to 18 months after it was first launched or production-spec cars (press fleet, demonstrators) became available. Six months is about as optimistic as it gets, but maybe this one will be fast-tracked.

I think I said when it was first shown that I wouldn't expect the car before November/December, and I'd probably expect the VGT first - even if the VGT hasn't been overtly promised for GT7, just GT.
 
Nice, what's the handling like? I've heard from quite a few people that the first gen MX-5 is apparently one of the best driver's cars out there. I'd love to drive one of these but I unfortunately don't fit in the car comfortably.
My car is on 16" wheels with a good set of Kumho tyres, race bucket seats and stock suspension. It does take corners flat and feel like a big gokart.
 
My car is on 16" wheels with a good set of Kumho tyres, race bucket seats and stock suspension. It does take corners flat and feel like a big gokart.
Sounds exactly how I imagined it would be like. Nice, mate!
 
It's a bloody shame that SONY has to issue a safety recall on their new AFEELA. This car does not have a working horn! How are we able to warn somebody before we run them over?
 
Last edited:
It's a bloody shame that SONY has to issue a safety recall on their new AFEELA. This car does nor have a working horn! How are we able to warn somebody before we run them over?
OMG! I'm glad I didn't buy get it yet, hope they will fix it soon!
 
Back