Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.62 Now Available, Adds Four Vehicles Including Corvette Concepts

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 513 comments
  • 89,192 views
Oh sorry, this happens when you're typing on cellphone. But Im sure you did understand the word I was after. Hint: remove one letter.
Nope. No amount of removing letters makes anything you said decipherable.
 
But Im sure you did understand the word I was after. Hint: remove one letter.
I can't make an English phrase by removing one letter from any of "lapin lisää/lap land addititon" and still don't know what you mean. I'd assume, given the patronising language, it's supposed to be an insult.

To repeat, explain what you mean in English.
 
I can't make an English phrase by removing one letter from any of "lapin lisää/lap land addititon" and still don't know what you mean. I'd assume, given the patronising language, it's supposed to be an insult.

To repeat, explain what you mean in English.
Come man, I'm grinding the Circuit de la sarthe 30min race, to get the damn money for the F1 GTR before it goes away from the legendary dealer.

The point was, I wad exaggerating, and story tells that people from Lapland - northern Finland use to exaggerate alot. Example; a guy from Lapland buys a car, let's say BMW which has 300 horsepower. But he tells all the people it has 400hp. And that is what people here in finland call - the Lapland addition/allowance. My english is quite messy, so not sure what's the right words to describe that perfectly.
 
Finishing the menu books that unlocks the missing races
Which menu book needs to be completed? Please don’t say 39 because you know that’s where the game fully opens, allegedly and apparently not.
 
The point was, I wad exaggerating, and story tells that people from Lapland - northern Finland use to exaggerate alot. Example; a guy from Lapland buys a car, let's say BMW which has 300 horsepower. But he tells all the people it has 400hp. And that is what people here in finland call - the Lapland addition/allowance.
That's relatively amusing, but I'm afraid not common knowledge outside of Finland and I'm not sure there's a direct equivalent in English (though some may refer to that specific example as BBHP: Barry Brake Horsepower).

Thanks for explaining it.

Which menu book needs to be completed? Please don’t say 39 because you know that’s where the game fully opens, allegedly and apparently not.
 
That's relatively amusing, but I'm afraid not common knowledge outside of Finland and I'm not sure there's a direct equivalent in English
You do know about Father Christmas, there was some embellishment there ;) :)
 
The Avantime is great



But this would have been better
1000152614.webp
 
He'll come back sooner or later.

I want to believe.

It's too iconic.
PD were able to scan the last running example of the Renault Espace F1 located at the Matra Museum in France, and have said it WILL be returning at some point. Whether that is in this title (GT7) or in the next is anyone's guess.
 
PD were able to scan the last running example of the Renault Espace F1 located at the Matra Museum in France, and have said it WILL be returning at some point. Whether that is in this title (GT7) or in the next is anyone's guess.
Source on this?

I'm understandably sceptical that PD, possibly the world's most hush-hush dev studio, said anything about any future content plans, much less something as left-field as the Espace.
 
Source on this?

I'm understandably sceptical that PD, possibly the world's most hush-hush dev studio, said anything about any future content plans, much less something as left-field as the Espace.
Someone claiming to be the Matra Museum did. Whether they actually are the Matra Museum or a fan account hasn't been established, and the Twotes were delote.
 
Already 19 pages of liveries for the Renault Avantime. The CX.R follows with 10, the AFEELA and the CX are lagging behind with only 5.
The only real question is why would you make CXR liveries and more importantly isn’t the Afeela basically a taxi…so those liveries have got to make themselves 🤣
 
Source on this?

I'm understandably sceptical that PD, possibly the world's most hush-hush dev studio, said anything about any future content plans, much less something as left-field as the Espace.
I did a simple Google search for "Have polyphony Digital scanned a Renault Espace F1" and all the information I could find seemed to show they have, such as:

Untitled.webp
 
Last edited:
I did a simple Google search for "Have polyphony Digital scanned a Renault Espace F1" and all the information I could find seemed to show they have, such as:

View attachment 1475553
That's not proof. That's Google's generative text. You need to provide the actual source.

MY same google search gives the same response... however it claims the text was generated from information contained in an reddit post from October 2024, with many of the further posts speculating its accuracy/legitimacy
 
Last edited:
That's not proof. That's Googles generative text. You need to provide the actual source
That's not the only thing on screen (look to the right). Also, if you could scroll down (you'll have to do the search yourself obviously) you would see a ton of news stories all saying the same thing. I never claimed to have irrefutable proof of anything. I merely said that all the info available that I could find pointed to it being true. There's no reason to be so hyperbolic about it. At the end of the day there is little irrefutable proof of anything in the GT world until we have it in game. We can only go by what is currently out there. All the info currently available suggests that it is likely to have been scanned. That's it.
 
That's not the only thing on screen (look to the right). Also, if you could scroll down (you'll have to do the search yourself obviously) you would see a ton of news stories all saying the same thing. I never claimed to have irrefutable proof of anything. I merely said that all the info available that I could find pointed to it being true. There's no reason to be so hyperbolic about it. At the end of the day there is little irrefutable proof of anything in the GT world until we have it in game. We can only go by what is currently out there. All the info currently available suggests that it is likely to have been scanned. That's it.
Nope...

Just one Reddit post, the other talks about GT7 updates, which is likely the source of the second sentence text.

1756498239381.webp


Not single news article on it at all, all social media or fan forums:

1756498345344.webp

1756498376698.webp


If you filter google to news, it says there are zero articles on the subject:

1756498424917.webp
 
Nope...

Just one Reddit post, the other talks about GT7 updates, which is likely the source of the second sentence text.

View attachment 1475558

Not single news article on it at all, all social media or fan forums:

View attachment 1475560
View attachment 1475561

If you filter google to news, it says there are zero articles on the subject:

View attachment 1475562
My search did not come up with the same results as yours, which is odd to say the least (mine had a lot more than just a Reddit post). So, whether it's scanned or not is certainly up for debate it seems. Now I'm pretty doubtful it's ever coming to the series. There's only two examples of the vehicle (one that runs). If they haven't scanned either by now, then we probably won't ever see it. If the past is anything to go by they usually scan these things years ahead of time. So... Nothing to see here. Apparently the vehicle hasn't been scanned (at least that's what I'm getting from this), so we probably won't see the Espace F1 (if at all) until GT9 at the earliest...
 
Well, that was a pretty good 1-car update overall. I wonder why they didn't add anything else, but then it could've been something silly like a second Afeela...

View attachment 1475586
Other than the new engine swapped vehicles, the Avantime is the only vehicle from the update I've driven. I honestly could care less about the Corvettes (generic looking Hybrids/EV's don't interest me much), and the Afeela I've already driven (because we already have it!)

The Avantime is lovely, though. Handles great.
 
Someone claiming to be the Matra Museum did. Whether they actually are the Matra Museum or a fan account hasn't been established, and the Twotes were delote.
Just refamiliarised myself with what I said waaaay back...

The source was a Twitter account purporting to be Musee Matra. Musee Matra's website makes no mention of having a Twitter account - only Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. It lists all three as being "museematraofficiel" but the actual handle for the Insta/TikTok is "museematra41", which matches the Twitter account's handle - but none of the official socials link to that Twitter account either.

Both of the Tweets referencing the Espace F1 and Gran Turismo were subsequently deleted (after I asked why their site doesn't mention their Twitter and they said that I have good eyes, or something).

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, subsequently I've noticed that there is a reference on their TikTok that predates all of this and by quite some margin:

1756508548818.webp


Or, if your French is as rubbish as mine:

1756508670630.webp


And yes, that's dated May 2023, with the subsequent Redditing happening in October 2024 :lol:

SOON™
 
I'm quite content with the Avantime for now but who would reject the Espace F1 <3

Also eagerly waiting for that Fiat Panda...
 
I hope the Panda gets the 1.4 TJet swap from the Abarth 500, because I can go to town on making suitable paint designs.
 
Just refamiliarised myself with what I said waaaay back...

The source was a Twitter account purporting to be Musee Matra. Musee Matra's website makes no mention of having a Twitter account - only Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. It lists all three as being "museematraofficiel" but the actual handle for the Insta/TikTok is "museematra41", which matches the Twitter account's handle - but none of the official socials link to that Twitter account either.

Both of the Tweets referencing the Espace F1 and Gran Turismo were subsequently deleted (after I asked why their site doesn't mention their Twitter and they said that I have good eyes, or something).

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, subsequently I've noticed that there is a reference on their TikTok that predates all of this and by quite some margin:

View attachment 1475591

Or, if your French is as rubbish as mine:

View attachment 1475592

And yes, that's dated May 2023, with the subsequent Redditing happening in October 2024 :lol:

SOON™
It is worth mentioning the Avantime is also exhibited at the Matra Museum. The local newspaper "La Nouvelle République" even wrote an article about its addition to the game.

I don't know if this is the car they actually scanned, but the color choosen to showcase it is the same (Iliad blue). Also, even though in the game its license plates are written in white on a black background, it is to my knowledge the last Avantime to have its name on them with the official font. All the others I saw on display had "Renault" license plates.
 
Well, that was a pretty good 1-car update overall. I wonder why they didn't add anything else, but then it could've been something silly like a second Afeela...

View attachment 1475586
"In its natural habitat, the Avantime has a penchant for releasing massive amounts of aura to scare off nearby vehicles. Though it is old and frail, it is a particular favourite of motor enthusiasts."

- David Attenborough, probably
 
Hah. Yeah. No.

Maybe if they had continued to release tracks..but spending all of that time on some weird lame snow track, when they could have done something cool, such as road America, was a waste of resources (to me).
Right, so the main point of contention is not the quality of the snow track, but the lack of other tracks (besides one) released since then.
Yes, Lake Louise probably did consume a fair bit of development time for a track that isn't well-used by GT mode or Sport mode, and is mostly a novelty for time trials and split-screen racing.

However, I don't think the snow courses consumed all of the track team's resources in late-2023, and we have no idea what they've been doing in the last 20 months besides Eiger Nordwand (other than something that involves banana leaf photogrammetry, from a quick sneak peak at SIGGRAPH).

The lack of track releases does hurt, but the track scanners and modellers haven't been laid off (my condolences, T10) so we will see more new roads at some point, probably one this year, or it'll be added to the pile for a glut of new releases for the first two years of GT8. They could even be working on Road America right now, though I reckon Indy and *Sebring would come before it, as the last three road tracks were the other three of five IMSA Endurance Cup hosts, though I know that pattern recognition is not a reliable way of figuring out what Gran Turismo is doing.

*edit, Sebring, not Sonoma
 
Last edited:
It is no longer a feeling but certainty.
PD seems to be completely no matter what the fans really want.
I read a lot of good ideas here in the forum and have already given suggestions myself, but none of it is taken up.
Since there is no direct contact on the different platforms (at least I don't find any at least that they react), they obviously do not want feedback from fans/customers.

Too bad.
A product with so much potential to treat so badly.
Agreeable what hapoened to the offerings we had on gran 4 or 3 or 6 depending on age demographics must of us could care less about EV cars or hybrids give us back the great ones from the other games i mean who is really in to racing a suv
 
Back