Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.62 Now Available, Adds Four Vehicles Including Corvette Concepts

  • Thread starter Thread starter sinner
  • 513 comments
  • 89,187 views
Most well-informed modern GT fan opinion
Playing since the first game on an import Japanese version.

Also work in software, you missed the tongue in cheek part of my comment. But pragmatically, how many laps in anger do you think they drive a rare aventine?

How many miles in anger do you think they drive the concept vettes?

Where did the data to program their handling come from?

I’m just a realist that’s worked in software for 25 years.

The models are all real asset derived but the physics data is “provided”
 
It was tongue in cheek but being honest, if you (PD) were smart you’d model the outside, take the closest proxy and just tune from there would you not? Similar weight, height, length ish

What I don’t think you would do would be to zero all the parameters, do countless test laps in a rare car and hone systematically the precise handling for that one car….it seems like a stretch they drove it for extended periods? And with some of the vision cars they aren’t even driveable? So no I don’t think it’s a stretch at all, just sensibly pragmatic.
PD have a system where they can input the car's specs and it emulates the actual car dynamics, but some cars need dedicated adjustments beyond that. I'm sure they do a bit of testing on each car just to make sure it feels close enough based on the time they have.

This is per Akihiko Tan, the physics programmer at PD:


1756302312360.webp
 
Last edited:
PD have a system where they can input the car's specs and it emulates the actual car dynamics, but some cars need dedicated adjustments beyond that. I'm sure they do a bit of testing on each car just to make sure it feels close enough based on the time they have.

This is per Akihiko Tan, the physics programmer at PD:


View attachment 1475073
Which was my point, you can use the baseline physics model and tweak without having to do multiple real driving laps or scenarios.

It’s not perfect but mostly a good enough approximation for most weigh, height, length, HP and drive trains.

The outliers being weird aero or hybrid hyper cars etc
 
Which was my point, you can use the baseline physics model and tweak without having to do multiple real driving laps or scenarios.

It’s not perfect but mostly a good enough approximation for most weigh, height, length, HP and drive trains.

The outliers being weird aero or hybrid hyper cars etc
Sure, I wasn't disagreeing per se, but they do use actual specs rather than the closest existing match's specs. Either way it's a smart way of speeding up development.
 
Sure, I wasn't disagreeing per se, but they do use actual specs rather than the closest existing match's specs. Either way it's a smart way of speeding up development.
Yeah agreed, I wasn’t meaning to imply a direct geometry swap more that you’d model the car in all its photo scanned glory but then start somewhere with where you’d start bench marking from for the engine.

I was being a little flippant/casual with my reference but it’s what I’d have done rather than start from nothing etc. that they have a baseline calculator already makes it all a lot easier.

Edit: @hyperspeed980 not sure why you’d post that when I was offering a decent opinion but you do you bud 👍
 
Last edited:
The Extra Menu #47 : Japanese Racing Pioneers + the new Tokyo Bay scape happening at the same time sounds like "This is it, the loop is closed".
 
I've been playing this game for 3+ years with a close group of friends (roughly 5 people). We barely play anymore, and the last few updates have been met, from us, with 4 letter words. PD is doing a lot of damage to this game's followers with cr*p like this.
 
No Sophy, no new track...

NO JOY...

No communication, no love. No love.

Devastating.

Something out of Total Recall

Again a dull update. Just content to fill and that's it.

A new circuit? Maybe never again for GT7. It looks like PD is saving all the important content for the next chapter, this is good and bad at the same time.

I've been playing this game for 3+ years with a close group of friends (roughly 5 people). We barely play anymore, and the last few updates have been met, from us, with 4 letter words. PD is doing a lot of damage to this game's followers with cr*p like this.

No new track for Sophy is very disappointing.
Please stop complaining and look at it from another view....
 
Whats the difference between the current Afeela, and the one coming tomorrow? The prototype has 488bhp and weighs like elephant. Still, gotta say it's surprisengly good handling car.
 
Please stop complaining and look at it from another view....
Sorry man. I'm still playing GT7 sometimes but the things as they are. Those updates just show the fatigue of the game as a service and of course PD and Sony knows that, but they are obviously focused on the next step of the franchise. 3 or 4 years are enough for a game, it's what it is and no more.
 
Last edited:
Whats the difference between the current Afeela, and the one coming tomorrow? The prototype has 488bhp and weighs like elephant. Still, gotta say it's surprisengly good handling car.
I just think that all the specifications of the car will be displayed, and that we will be able to choose between 3 different colors. A big HUD in the cockpit, but other than that I imagine they're more or less the same cars.
 
Sorry man. I'm still playing GT7 sometimes but the things as they are. Those updates just show the fatigue of the game as a service and of course PD and Sony knows that, but they are obviously focused on the next step of the franchise. 3 or 4 years are enough for a game, it's what it is and no more.
With every new update that comes my way I embrace it knowing I can find something new to do in this GT7, yes there are plenty of cars I've wished for, plenty of new (to GT7) tracks to race on, endurance races other than what I can whip up in custom races, but I still am very happy with what I get. In fact I have realized that I have not played any of my other games on my PS in long while and funny I don't mind...
Overall I just get a little sad to see all the complaints posted here, I can see why the complaints are posted but it's just overwhelming to see it all and not seeing any positive about it.
(Thank you for listening to my little rant)

(Probably will not try to defend my rant either as it is my opinion, and like opinions that they are like arseholes, everyone has one and 99.9% of them smell...)
 
Last edited:
Back