Gran Turismo Sophy: Sony AI x Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Magog
  • 1,675 comments
You... think that the official Gran Turismo TV account is a "random source"?

View attachment 1179659

We even gave you the timestamp in the video to see it yourself...
I missed that it was from an official account somehow. Preferably, this would be an official announcement rather than an a reply in a live chat.

My point still stands about their communication though, as what I mentioned happens a lot.

The only real chase in GT7 is human comedy mission 1 and 8 with the difficulty bug. I sayed it before in the human comedy section, this bug gives us a glimps of what happens with an Ai that drive perfect exploit every bit of the track limits and physics engine.
Fixed it for you.

I for one read this news with the thought in my mind of just how badly PD could well screw this up.

Last edited:
Fixed it for you.

I for one read this news with the thought in my mind of just how badly PD could well screw this up.
You mean me???

Did this run round about time before patch 1.15

Last edited:
Emily's interview was the most interesting.

They dialed back Sophys speed so they had a chance..

Which naturally indicates an AI that (as expected by everyone) can easily be adjusted. It also opens up for a race where the AI can react to the driver and yes...

Opens up for races where you don't chase the rabbit!

PD being PD it remains to be seen how they would implement this. Let's hope for the best.

You mean me???

Did this run round about time patch 1.15
I think you've taken my post the wrong way, my point wasn't an attack on you, but on the fact that GT's AI, and Sophy in particular is quick due to exploiting the track limits and physics of the game engine.

Let's be honest, GT has never had good AI, particularly when in comes to scalability and racecraft. I'm personally skeptical that introducing Sophy will change that. I'd lovevto be wrong, but I remain skeptical.

I think you've taken my post the wrong way, my point wasn't an attack on you, but on the fact that GT's AI, and Sophy in particular is quick due to exploiting the track limits and physics of the game engine.

Let's be honest, GT has never had good AI, particularly when in comes to scalability and racecraft. I'm personally skeptical that introducing Sophy will change that. I'd lovevto be wrong, but I remain skeptical.
Sry, didnt want to be this harsh ✌🏻
Next time i put a smily on it 🫣

Yes u are right @ the end a human hase to dile in an AI that got to strong. That will hapens with all AIs i guess 😉

Last edited:

How it is exploiting track limits and physics? It's not doing anything that the best drivers isn't doing already.

I suspect there will be a single SOPHY with either two car (SOPHY & player) missions or a single SOPHY mixed with a field of cars, plus there will be no rain.

I don't think it's asking too much for an AI that doesn't brake mid turn or brake where no human would. This makes it exceedingly difficult to work on one's racecraft, lol.

Additionally, maybe we could get an AI that will heed to blue flags. You know, instead of ramming you off track. The little things. :grumpy: :D

The AI in the missions is totally different from the World Circuits. Lake Maggiore and High Speed Ring missions are highly competitive.

Those set of missions seems to be following the same idea to see how hard and how much they can push the players. If anything, I'm all up for more of it!

And thanks for using my pic! :gtpflag:

This is worth a re-watch. A lot of it went over my head when I watched it before.

I rewatched most of the Sophy videos, skipped some parts though, as there's already quite a lot material.

As I suspected. I'd be fine with this, provided there are different scenarios (track/car/number of laps/ToD/hopefully weather) and PD will give us a new scenario once in a while.

Last edited:
Can't believe there are still people who think/expect Sophy is going to completely change the single player game, completely change the race AI and format. It's not. Not in GT7. We're going to be stuck with the current catch the rabbit, slow AI with boost system until GT8 at least.

Can't believe there are still people who think/expect Sophy is going to completely change the single player game, completely change the race AI and format. It's not. Not in GT7. We're going to be stuck with the current catch the rabbit, slow AI with boost system until GT8 at least.
What sucks is that they already have pretty quick AI in the form of The Human Comedy missions. If they can take that AI and create a new difficulty option for custom races and the rest of the single player, then it would make things much better. Throw in boost in case there are still a few points where the AI are slow and it would be much better.

As it stands, boost helps quite a bit to keep things close, but it's not ideal. PD can make fast AI, they just refuse to implement it game-wide for some reason.

Last edited:
Ah yes, until GT8. I remember when people were saying that about GT5.. and GT6.. and GT7.

I hesitate to think they will ever change it. They only have 1 person working on the AI, an AI that has been complained about for literally over a decade now.

They must know everyone hates it by now, and the fact they haven't addressed it just makes me assume it's here to stay. That is what they want racing in Gran Turismo to be.

It doesn't mean we won't be able to use in in create race.

Ah yes, until GT8. I remember when people were saying that about GT5.. and GT6.. and GT7.

I hesitate to think they will ever change it. They only have 1 person working on the AI, an AI that has been complained about for literally over a decade now.

They must know everyone hates it by now, and the fact they haven't addressed it just makes me assume it's here to stay. That is what they want racing in Gran Turismo to be.
Well quite, I just meant it definitely isn't happening in GT7. GT8 at the earliest.
It doesn't mean we won't be able to use in in create race.
That's not how they said they planned to use it, though. I Guess plans could have changed, but as usual with PD, we don't know.

Great news. Hope this bring more new features and content. However, for me, the hitting player IA its not all the problem. Its the fact that you have to do always the chase the rabbit race. No qualifying. Beside that, i am really loving the game :cool:

When they implement Sophy I will completely wash my hands of GT7. I can't even come close to competing with Hamilton, Fraga, or any of them for that matter. Well, it is still fun right now though. Gonna have to play something I can do NOTHING!!!

When they implement Sophy I will completely wash my hands of GT7. I can't even come close to competing with Hamilton, Fraga, or any of them for that matter. Well, it is still fun right now though. Gonna have to play something I can do NOTHING!!!
Implementing Sophy does not mean just adding an alien-speed AI that maybe 10 drivers in the world can beat, but adding a scalable system of AI agents that can drive at any pace, and with more intelligence than "brake until I can stick to this racing line", for starters, Sophy looks forwards and will try not to slam into other cars, as it's trained not to behave that way.

It sounds extremely good, and so I am extremely skeptical of getting the AI of our dreams this year, without some major asterisks, caveats and limitations. For starters, could a PS4/5 run 19 Sophys? 5 Sophys? Just one "friend to race with"?

Back