Gran Turismo Sophy: Sony AI x Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Magog
  • 1,675 comments
This completely changes the game. Just watched the video and just like you said, I can imagine going back to racing the typical GT AI after racing Sophy feeling a bit underwhelming.

Hopefully it comes to the rest the game asap. In all honestly I’d love to see them go with GT8 sooner with full Sophy integration and a proper classic GT mode career. That would be the perfect game. And no roulette of course. Ha!

This Race Together preview is pretty sweet, especially with the launch of VR.

“I hope that people share what they like, they share their experiences, and that they also share the stuff they don’t like. We want to hear both of those things,” said Dr. Wurman.

And they want players to critique it! Sharpen your pencils people.

This completely changes the game. Just watched the video and just like you said, I can imagine going back to racing the typical GT AI after racing Sophy feeling a bit underwhelming.

Hopefully it comes to the rest the game asap. In all honestly I’d love to see them go with GT8 sooner with full Sophy integration and a proper classic GT mode career. That would be the perfect game. And no roulette of course. Ha!
I’d like to have them just turn GT7 into a better game then make GT8?

In my opinion this is all the game needs to make it better and besides this Sophy thing the rest could easily be done.

1- customizable HUD with opacity, if all I want is radar there so be it
2- I think radar should just be a red glow on the left or right side of the screen when an opponent is beside you, glowing further in the closer the car is to you
3- show us the cars pp rating along with which tires it currently has on
4- let us gift, sell or lend a car to a friend
5- more tracks, a lot more!
6- better AI, doesn’t have to be perfect but PC2 was better, and while you’re at if let us toss some AI cars onto multiplayer online lobby races
7- way better more fair payout amounts for our time especially when we are in online lobbies

thats all I can think of, I could say better sounds but honestly not too many cars but me, there’s a few that sound bad but most I can live with, are they the greatest? No, but I understand they never have been.

It will be back in GT7. From my understanding, there will be more Special Events featuring Sophy as it continues to evolve.
Awesome.

No more reliance on standing starts in the career mode for GT8 please Kaz :bowdown:

Sounds like they actually want to add Sophy to GT7 career.

"There are still some technical challenges to overcome to make it available through the whole [game]," Dr. Spranger explained. "Another big factor is a lot of work went into the design of this interaction. I think we all want to see how it goes and hear players' feedback and learn from that experience, to design the best way to release it in the whole game."

"It's a big step," Dr. Wurman added. "We want to make sure we get it right and get enough feedback to really understand how this might be enhancing the experiences of players."

gt-sophy-terminator-wearing-helmet-800x450.jpg

Sophy's lost a bit of weight...

1.29 is promising to be the most significant update to GT7 by some distance...

Last edited:
Sophy is going to have fun constantly beating me.

Sucks that there's no b-spec version for endurance races. 1.29 looks like a significant patch.

They say you only need two cars to make a race, that's absolutely true in real world racing.

I guess we're now going to see first hand how important quality AI is to the experience. I'll take an intense battle against half a dozen Sophy AI over steaming through 20 dumb AI opponents.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo Sophy Arrives in GT7 Update 1.29: Hands-On First Impressions

Gran Turismo 7’s February 2023 update includes the public debut of GT Sophy: a new artificial intelligence that you can compete against in a free “Race Together” special event.

The most fun you've ever had racing a computer? High praise indeed! This is exactly what we were all hoping for. It's getting really hard not to buy a PSVR2 I can only imagine how much more intense it would be in VR. Being able to turn your head and peer at your opponent as they come up beside you from your own rumbling cockpit was thrilling on PSVR1 in low resolution with basic AI.

Back