Gran Turismo Sport 1.43 Update Now Available: Five JDM Cars and Wet Red Bull Ring

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 524 comments
Looking at how rain looks in this game now makes me regret having played Driveclub on heavy weather more than other settings, because IMO the rain effects on this game are really subpar.

Meh, free content is free content so whatever, I'll take what I can get.

Is it possible to make a tutorial to avoid haters and trolls ?

I mean a tutorial to explain to those mindless ppl how to change the physics on wet conditions from soft to real, it´s a pain in the pii to come here and in every page people have to explain how to do it XD.

Not only are posts like this immature, ignorant and disrespectful. You also didn’t read the thread before jumping in. If you did you’d know to change the track settings to ’Real’.

Who the hell has time to read a whole thread like this. Not me. I don't spend much time on here at all unlike the kids who love to post more than they race.

And I was going off of information posted by a real life racing driver only hours ago.

So not immature or ignorant or disrespectful in any way. In fact it's you is being all 3 and some more.

Significant? I wouldn’t say they are that significant. The lights have changed and its developed a grill. Otherwise, the bumper is the same as It was. The major difference being the bonnet has been raised at the tip to give less of an angle but it’s not noticeable without taking the rest into account

I think perhaps you were missing the satire I was directing at those guesses as to what the middle car was.

A lot of people posting dumb attention-seeking sensationalist reactionary stuff without bothering to read anything properly, I feel like I'm watching one of those terrible Indian news channels where they have 8-12 people shouting at each other while on Skype...

Hardly. What's worse is people like you getting on their soapbox thinking they are something.

By that logic then Gran Turismo as a whole has way more cars in total and variety than all PC sims combined. Not to mention the huge variety of cars that are exclusive to it. Like proper SuperGT cars, Super Formula, and a massive amount of road cars.

"PC" means every PC sim ever made? (rolls eyes out of my skull). Go. Away.
PC means Project Cars

Someone made a comment saying that there are almost as many race cars in GTS as in PC, which is not true. That’s all I was saying.

Now, you go away and spend some time broadening your sim racing horizons. Seriously, who hasn’t heard of Project Cars before??

7H23u3Y.png

So from what I played last night, rain feel rushed and incomplete (Aldo Driveclub spoiler rain for me in other games :lol: )

I guess I'm glad the timing is now at least equal, as I used to use Custom races to test for Lobby events when no-one else was online to drive with, and the total race time always became a maths equation trying to compare it with lobby race times.

I'm disappointed they went that way though.
I would rather have seen the Custom pitlane time extended as opposed to the Lobby pitlane time shortened.
I fear the question of should I do 1 stop or 2 stops has now become significantly easier to answer.
And it's also a dis-incentive to try to no-stop should the situation arise.

But I guess I should test it out before judging too harshly too soon.

Yeah I agree that they should have done it other way around to make custom races same as sport/lobbies as pitstops are a bit weird now.

However I think its a positive for the racing. For example outside of 5-6 types of car at last weeks daily race C at dragon trail it was almost impossible to get a good result as majority of cars had to stop for fuel

In the current setting every car would be worth driving. The no stop would still be better strat if car could do it as fighting through pack always slows a stopper down but at least using the mustang etc would be an option.

Still at least testing in custom races is now more relevant.

Who the hell has time to read a whole thread like this. Not me. I don't spend much time on here at all unlike the kids who love to post more than they race.

And I was going off of information posted by a real life racing driver only hours ago.

So not immature or ignorant or disrespectful in any way. In fact it's you is being all 3 and some more.
There is your answer.

I have to admit I'm really disappointed with the wet track, I was able to got round it on dry slicks it felt almost as grippy as dry (completely unrealistic), in fact the difference feels so little I had to wonder if it's just my imagination.

It was raining and even through standing water made no difference at all.

I have to admit I'm really disappointed with the wet track, I was able to got round it on dry slicks it felt almost as grippy as dry (completely unrealistic), in fact the difference feels so little I had to wonder if it's just my imagination.

Which mode were you in when you tried it out?

As been talked about many times already, arcade time trial is improper physics. Need to run in an online lobby with grip reduction set to Real for it to be accurate.

Look the posts below and also take read the first comment of this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...grip-red-setting-in-arcade-time-trial.388353/

In order to experience the wet physics in the correct way you have to open an online lobby and set the grip from "low" to "real" since in time trial the grip is on "low" and you can't change the settings

I have a strange feeling with the G29 under rain at RBR. With the news japanese road cars i've tested there , when you start a drift , the front wheel are feeling very light , FFB torque fall imediately to almost 0 force. It do not hapen the same on dry circuit.
I have to check with others race cars but it seems very strange to me.

The amount of Rain depends on the time of Day, 10.45 been the heaviest, 17.30 the lightest, so people are giving opinions I think before they have tried all 3 different times, a day, David Perel only tried 17.30 which is the light rain,

Back