Gran Turismo Sport Beta Set to End This Week

• Thread starter TA462
  • 50 comments
Is it necessary to keep the files of the beta on the hard disk of the ps4 for the final game or another beta in August ?? 💡 To optimize future installations

Is it necessary to keep the files of the beta on the hard disk of the ps4 for the final game or another beta in August ?? 💡 To optimize future installations

I had to get more storage for all the racing games so far this year and I went for a Seagate 3.0 USB External HDD 4TB for lots more external storage. I picked one up for just over £100 and it is plug in and play easy to use 👍:cheers: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.239334/page-309#post-11869819

Last edited:
I see GTP is pushing the 177 cars / 19 tracks again despite Kaz stating 140 / 15 in several interviews.

I assume this is properly verified now and not just stating info from the E3 press sheet.

My left brow is furrowed in disappointment but my right brow is lifted in excitement if we get another beta come August.

I haven't played it since the 1.08 update due to having fantastic, hot weather and I just don't wanna be indoors all the time. Better make the most of these next few days on Beta; it's the only game I play on the PS4!

We're all avid sim racing enthusiasts here but I admire your strength to put the games aside and enjoy the sun when the weather is nice. I've failed on that myself most of the time this year. Unless I go abroad on holiday, then suddenly you realize all these games don't matter much. :)

Cheers man!

GTS:B is set to end this week?

jordan-crying.jpg

Jerome

If there is another beta in August, it had better be up to higher snuff than what I've seen so far. Plus it should really be a public beta for proper server stress testing for Sport Mode. Those E3 comments about server costs preventing a full open beta sound like total BS to me.

Last edited:
TIL releasing two somewhat substandard games means your credibility as a series is tarnished to the point where it can be called a 'joke'

So, are we admitting that the last above standard GT game was Gran Turismo 4, released in December 2004?

If so, yea, that's a complete joke. Let me use my math skills: that's approximately 13 years.

If there is another beta in August, it had better be up to higher snuff than what I've seen so far. Plus it should really be a pubic beta for proper server stress testing for Sport Mode. Those E3 comments about server costs preventing a full open beta sound like total BS to me.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that. While I'm sure their servers are hosted with Azure or AWS so I'd have to assume there'll be some load balancing and all that jazz. But yeah, even a quick public beta would give a great sample size to get data from.

Like @Gravitron said, 'It's in the name of science!" :lol:

Jerome

So, are we admitting that the last above standard GT game was Gran Turismo 4, released in December 2004?

If so, yea, that's a complete joke. Let me use my math skills: that's approximately 13 years.
What is your definition of "above standard" though? Decent? Good? Great?

I think all GT's were at least good, but it's been quite some time since the franchise has been overall great, in my opinion.

Substandard - below the usual, or required standard.

The standard for GT is that the game is meant to be incredibly good.

GT5 and 6 weren't the dumpster fires that some people make them out to be, but they weren't amazing either. They were ok, but they didn't meet the standard. Substandard.

There are 6 mainline games in GT (discounting Sport). 4/6 of them are incredible. That's 66% of all the games that they've released. 2 of them aren't as good to most people. That's 33%.

Explain to me how PD are a joke if their track record clearly states otherwise.

I'll wait.

Latest Posts

Back