Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
What was your trick for getting gold on the 6-1? I have to use the Gp.B Mustang and am having all sorts of difficulty. I got to within 2 thousandths of a second but just can't find any more time.

I used NSX Gp.B. Really important for car postioning on corner entry for the car to be pointing on exit to the next corner entry.

I was finding that the car would rotate really well on entry but on exit it seemed to want to understeer towards the barrier meaning the next corner was always compromised.

So in the end I was aiming for the nose of the car to just skim the barrier on the apex, with the car rotated with an oversteering attitude and then bring it all back in line and flooring it straight line towards the next corner.

I guess I was drifting it around the corners, with out use of handbrake, but I’m useless at drifting. Used no TC with even brake balance.

What was your trick for getting gold on the 6-1? I have to use the Gp.B Mustang and am having all sorts of difficulty. I got to within 2 thousandths of a second but just can't find any more time.

There must be 2 thousandths there somewhere! :) I did it with the Mustang, without using e-brake. Take each turn aiming to hit a late apex so you can get power down - especially the last turn, but basically the same for each. So for the first turn, start turning from right up against the wall on the left, hope to worry about hitting the inside of the turn once you're 2/3 to 3/4 of the way turned. Second turn you probably won't be right up against the wall on the right, but you want to be far left for the third so make sure you stay tight in after turn 2. At least, I think that's what did it for me!

The last race event of 6 is very hard to finish first, 30 laps endurance race and you start from p20 of 30.

Pit stop strategy is the key as you know.

I have finished second and thats the best score for me for now. I am trying to make it gold.

The AI is perfect ı love it and they push you out of track when a collision happens sometimes.

They are driving aggresively.

I have the Mustang aswell and I barely made the first one myself.

I use DS4 with sensitivity turned to 3. I turned the front damper from 7 to 4 on the settings. Also 45:55 torque distribution, 50:50 made it understeer and anything more then first mentioned made the rear come around on the gas.

Launched on second gear, then momentarily to third, then back down to first and a hint of e-brake.

Second gear as soon as the car was almost pointing straight and carefully applied gas. Hard braking and back to first for the second turn with a bit of e-brake.

Once again second gear as soon as possible, and then brake and first gear for the last turn.

Up to second as soon as possible and then third until the finish line.

Try to minimize wheelspin as best as you can. I think I pumped the gas carefully when on first gear.

By the way, the guide video for that first event shows a gold time of 27.200 when we only get 26.200.

Haven't tried the second speedway event yet. Stuck on the Mazda grp 3 on the Interlagos. Can't get the fuel to last even on lean settings.

Well GT3 cars in an oval feel pretty much arcade to me . The way they react to the ground at least . At least it's fun and enjoyable compared to Forza's destruction derbies .

In that sense, I agree! We’ll see how the game develops

Hi,

30laps.jpg

finished all stage 6-Missions in gold, except the 30 lap race. Lead all the time, was faster then all of the AI. On lap 28/30 I lead by 5 seconds when P2 suddenly becomes faster and faster. Three corners before the finishline he crashes in my back and spins me around. So I finished 2nd.

I mean, WTF? 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Won't try this mission again.

D.

Managed to do the final section 6 mission in 1h 1:33, which yesterday would have been the fastest time so far, but today I'm a minute slower. Was my first run so don't think my pit strategy was the best, did 3 stops running 2/3 on the engine mode using one set of hard tyres for the first two stints and 2 sets of mediums for the last two.
Noticed too much "demoliton derby style" during Sport Mode. The key of the whole game is to boost respect between drivers, including severe penalties for those who think to play Mario Kart instead of an official race. PD has to find the way to keep racing the cleanest possible.

Anyway the game looks awesome to me...so stylish and fun!

It will get better as the good drivers and the bad get separated, right now everyone is mixed in together.

Hi,

View attachment 678956

finished all stage 6-Missions in gold, except the 30 lap race. Lead all the time, was faster then all of the AI. On lap 28/30 I lead by 5 seconds when P2 suddenly becomes faster and faster. Three corners before the finishline he crashes in my back and spins me around. So I finished 2nd.

I mean, WTF? 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Won't try this mission again.

D.
I aggree with you, the AI faster suddenly like they are coming with nitro. Very hard mission because of the AI.

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but for those saying that there is no career mode: yes, it's not like it used to be in the previous GTs, but there are also races, not only driving school events. For example, in stage 6, there are at least 4 races. One is at Interlagos, 5 laps and one is at Mugello and is an endurance race, 30 laps. And these races are just for Stage 6. So, in the end, the career mode is not exactly the same like in previous GT games, but there are definitely race events.

Also, for that discussion about Lancia, Fiat and more Lamborghini cars. I think those licences are for future DLCs because there is no museum for Fiat and Lancia.

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but for those saying that there is no career mode: yes, it's not like it used to be in the previous GTs, but there are also races, not only driving school events. For example, in stage 6, there are at least 4 races. One is at Interlagos, 5 laps and one is at Mugello and is an endurance race, 30 laps. And these races are just for Stage 6. So, in the end, the career mode is not exactly the same like in previous GT games, but there are definitely race events.

This in no way constitutes a career mode. Not that I mind, particularly, but punters expecting one will surely be disappointed.

(It has been discussed already, since we knew that some missions would be in race format quite a long time ago).

In the car settings, the options are greyed out, but in the final game you will be able to select snow tires and racing hard: heavy wet. So, snow and rain will be in the game i think, but i don't know if at the beginning, or those options will be added with an update.

After participating in the closed beta I came away excited, but a bit disappointed how much was carried over straight from GT6.

Now that I have just had a go at the public beta, all I can say is, Wow!

I just ran the 6 laps at Interlagos mission challenge in the Mazda Atenza Gr.3 with fuel and tire wear, and I was very surprised with how challenging it was. The first time I tried to run 4 laps on fuel map 1, and ran out ~100 meters before the pit entrance, and lost ~10-15 seconds because of it, finishing 12th. The second try, I came out of the pits right next to the lead Audi R8, and diced with him back and forth for the last 3 laps, before overcorrecting and spinning with just a couple corners to go, finishing 8th. On the 3rd try I came out of the pit stop cycle ahead of everyone, but in the last two laps the second place car closed the gap from 3 seconds to 1 second by the finish, as I opted not to change tires. I can only imagine doing a similar race, perhaps 2-3x longer, in an online lobby with a bunch of similarly skilled drivers is going to be heart-pounding.

The improvements to the AI, removing the steering limiter for pad users, updated tire sounds, sounds of the chassis and drivetrain, and excellent graphics (I am on the standard PS4) all add up to what is without a doubt my favorite Gran Turismo yet, and I have played through every GT game since they came out in '97. I haven't even started on the Scapes, Livery Editor, Brand Central, etc, which I honestly expect to spend almost as much time in each of those as actually racing.

I gave up GT5/GT6 when I sold my G27 and PS3 to buy a PS4 in Oct. 2015 when they announced the original 'public' beta was coming, and it has been a long 2 year wait to get back to the series. But after my experience in the beta so far, the wait seems like it was well worth it. Now if I can just manage to get a new wheel for the PS4, and maybe an HDR TV! :gtpflag::cheers:

Please upload some footage of this. I need to see what this car is like in GTS.
I don't own the car as you can see someone else does. I told the person who sent me this picture to message the owner.
I will upload a video of it when GTS releases as I will have the Tomahawk from Collector's edition.

After participating in the closed beta I came away excited, but a bit disappointed how much was carried over straight from GT6.

Now that I have just had a go at the public beta, all I can say is, Wow!

I just ran the 6 laps at Interlagos mission challenge in the Mazda Atenza Gr.3 with fuel and tire wear, and I was very surprised with how challenging it was. The first time I tried to run 4 laps on fuel map 1, and ran out ~100 meters before the pit entrance, and lost ~10-15 seconds because of it, finishing 12th. The second try, I came out of the pits right next to the lead Audi R8, and diced with him back and forth for the last 3 laps, before overcorrecting and spinning with just a couple corners to go, finishing 8th. On the 3rd try I came out of the pit stop cycle ahead of everyone, but in the last two laps the second place car closed the gap from 3 seconds to 1 second by the finish, as I opted not to change tires. I can only imagine doing a similar race, perhaps 2-3x longer, in an online lobby with a bunch of similarly skilled drivers is going to be heart-pounding.

The improvements to the AI, removing the steering limiter for pad users, updated tire sounds, sounds of the chassis and drivetrain, and excellent graphics (I am on the standard PS4) all add up to what is without a doubt my favorite Gran Turismo yet, and I have played through every GT game since they came out in '97. I haven't even started on the Scapes, Livery Editor, Brand Central, etc, which I honestly expect to spend almost as much time in each of those as actually racing.

I gave up GT5/GT6 when I sold my G27 and PS3 to buy a PS4 in Oct. 2015 when they announced the original 'public' beta was coming, and it has been a long 2 year wait to get back to the series. But after my experience in the beta so far, the wait seems like it was well worth it. Now if I can just manage to get a new wheel for the PS4, and maybe an HDR TV! :gtpflag::cheers:

Mate, I just jumped straight in, & didn't realise you could pit for fuel. I was running on 6 and lifting and coasting loads. I was in first and ran out of dual 100/200 meters from the line and finished 5th. I recon it can be done though.

Back