Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Somebody have a decent seting for a TV 4K Samsung40KU6000 ? I have checked on youtube but it is not adapted for GTsport on a PS4 normal. There is a lot of smow sometime and the contrast seems to high even with low settings.
It is ok for the moment , nothing bad , but if somebody have spent some time on it and find a good trick, i would thank you for this.

EDIT: I have found a very good one for samsung PS4 normal.

Last edited:
Whenever I went to collect my Milestone bonus an error warning flashed up and the game crashed, this happened to anyone else?

Somebody have a decent seting for a TV 4K Samsung40KU6000 ?

I didn't like 'Game mode' at all. Try setting it on PC instead on the HDMI setting, I found it has less display lag and also produces the colors better. You can enable HDR on PC mode.

Just a thought: what if Northern Isle infield was a blank canvas for our tracks/challenge? The stadium in GT6 was linked to this kind of feature (even id at the end we had nothing...)

That would be really cool, a good space to make some kart tracks.

I saw they have a time rally mission. They should really bring back Time Rally from GT6 too, colorful UI and announcer and everything.

---

10 more hours for my DL to finish. :(:(:(

By the way, in the Gamespot interview Kaz says:

Think of a car you own that's in a Gran Turismo game. How would you describe the handling of the car in the streets of Tokyo compared to a race track?

The Tokyo Expressway in Tokyo, is 14 miles per lap, and is a challenging course much like the Nürburgring, but as long as you are driving at the speed limit it is a unique winding road even on a global level, with beautiful scenery. Cars like the Porsche 911GT3 and the Nissan GT-R are cars which are difficult to understand their true worth unless you take it to the track, but when you are driving on the Shuto (Capital City) Expressway, it is possible to understand their level of handling performance even at a slow speed.

Wonder if that is/will be a thing (as there are only two parts of it yet) or he just treated the real life loop as a circuit.

Last edited:
Maybe already mentioned but the BMW Vision Gran Turismo still doesn't have an interior. Too bad, it was cool finally seeing the other Vision cars on the inside and the BMW is one of my favorites.

finally got this all completely gold

DL0Lh4SW4AAVzV-.jpg:large

Here is another selection of comparison shots between GT Sport Demo and Driveclub. This time between an Alfa Romeo 4C and a VW Golf GTi. As before, all pictures were taken on a standard PS4 using the in game cameras during a time trial and no after effects in game or on PC were used.

GT Sport demo :
20171011002152.jpg 20171011002202.jpg 20171011002212.jpg
20171011002139.jpg I 20171011002130.jpg 20171011002120.jpg

Driveclub:
DRIVECLUB™_20171010205219.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20171010205308.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20171010205323.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20171010210147.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20171010210253.jpg
DRIVECLUB™_20171010210112.jpg

In GT Sport, the Alfa is probably the best looking car all round I have found so far, while the VW is the worst. Driveclub's all seem to be at about the same level.

If I was to rate them in order of detail:

1st. GTS Alfa 4C The best out of all 4.

2nd. Driveclub Alfa 4C and the VW GTI

4th. GTS VW GTI Easily the worst.

I noticed this very much with GT6. Some premium model cars were far ahead of others. The Lamborghini Countach LP400 was flawless while the Ferrari 288 GTO was terrible. I think that is down to varying level of skill of PD's modellers.

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• DRIVECLUB™_20171010210253.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DRIVECLUB™_20171010210253.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Here is another selection of comparison shots between GT Sport Demo and Driveclub. This time between an Alfa Romeo 4C and a VW Golf GTi. As before, all pictures were taken on a standard PS4 using the in game cameras during a time trial and no after effects in game or on PC were used.

GT Sport demo :
View attachment 679066 View attachment 679065 View attachment 679064
View attachment 679067 I View attachment 679068 View attachment 679069

Driveclub:
View attachment 679072
View attachment 679073
View attachment 679074
View attachment 679078
View attachment 679068
View attachment 679077

In GT Sport, the Alfa is probably the best looking car all round I have found so far, while the VW is the worst. Driveclub's all seem to be at about the same level.

I noticed this very much with GT6. Some premium model cars were far ahead of others. The Lamborghini Countach LP400 was flawless while the Ferrari 288 GTO was terrible. I think that is down to varying level of skill of PD's modellers.

Hope you enjoy.

From the image you provided it seems that the adaptive tessellation isn't working properly.
sometimes it would take time for the polygon to fully render.

From the image you provided it seems that the adaptive tesselation isn't working properly.
sometimes it would take time for the polygon to fully render.

Is there any evidence that adaptive tessellation is in the game, like in GT6?
I took photos on more than 1 replay and multiple races to get the best time of day for my photos, for both cars, and the quality of the modelling for both didn't change at any point and remained consistent. Like I posted previously: the Alfa's modelling was almost flawless, at all times. While the VW's was consistenty poor.

Last edited:

Hope you enjoy.

I can't tell if you are joking or not.

No, modelling a circular cylinder doesn't require more skill than modelling a dodecagonal one.
Those are reduced Level of Detail models. If they are the player's car, it may just be an error selecting which to display.

I can't tell if you are joking or not.

No, modelling a circular cylinder doesn't require more skill than modelling a dodecagonal one.
Those are reduced Level of Detail models. If they are the player's car, it may just be an error selecting which to display.

More skill or more time spent or whatever. Maybe I should have chosen my words better to not give you an avenue to make an excuse. You have given a poor excuse to discredit my post. I have taken the time to provide plenty of evidence for all to see in good quality pictures. What have you provided? You want me to provide more? Alas, I feel it will be wasted on you as you aren't interested in facts, even when I have amply provided.

Thank you for the time for looking at my photos. I would appreciate you would look a little harder next time

Last edited:
Chaps, do you know if there's any way that I can be test driving the Ferrari 458 in this demo? I don't think I could afford the car anytime soon in this game but i really really really wanted to drive my dream car right now :/

I took photos on more than 1 replay and multiple races to get the best time of day for my photos, for both cars, and the quality of the modelling for both didn't change at any point and remained consistent. Like I posted previously: the Alfa's modelling was almost flawless, at all times. While the VW's was consistenty poor.

Tessellation was confirmed by Kaz when asked about GTSport car polycount.

Does anyone else think the vibration on oversteer is a bit much? I’m using a T500rs with a playseat, it rattles the floor! God only knows what the neighbours think is going on? Needs to be an option to turn it down... or off.

I took photos on more than 1 replay to get the best time of day for my photos, for both cars, and the quality of the modelling for both didn't change at any point and remained consistent. Like I posted previously: the Alfa's modelling was almost flawless, at all times. While the VW's was consistenty poor.

I don't have evidence but there's no reason for them to remove it in GTSport.

Chaps, do you know if there's any way that I can be test driving the Ferrari 458 in this demo? I don't think I could afford the car anytime soon in this game but i really really really wanted to drive my dream car right now :/

You can't purchase any cars in the demo as they've locked this feature however you can win it as a prize car. I almost got it out of a selection of the Ferrari, Porsche GT3RS, Mazda Atenza, and a 4th I can't remember but....I won the Mazda instead.

You can't purchase any cars in the demo as they've locked this feature however you can win it as a prize car. I almost got it out of a selection of the Ferrari, Porsche GT3RS, Mazda Atenza, and a 4th I can't remember but....I won the Mazda instead.

ahhhh good to know thank you!
I know ur game earnings transfer to the full game, but what about the cars you unlock? I love my little Alfa 4C lol

edit: Just won the 458 GR.4!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 :)

Last edited:
More skill or more time spent or whatever. Maybe I should have chosen my words better to not give you an avenue to make an excuse. You have given a poor excuse to discredit my post. I have taken the to provided plenty of evidence for all to see in good quality pictures. What have you provided? You want me to provide more? Alas , I feel it will be wasted on you as you aren't interested in facts, which I have amply provided.

I haven't discredited your pictures or your post. Just your assumption.
What you correctly captured has nothing to do with modelling skill or time spent. That's just the game not exhibiting a more detailed model in photo mode for that car.

You have the game, just look at the model in the car selection menu or Brand Central. You'll see they do have a model with fully modeled badge and tailpipe.

I haven't discredited your pictures or your post. Just your assumption.
What you correctly captured has nothing to do with modelling skill or time spent. That's just the game not exhibiting a more detailed model in photo mode for that car.

You have the game, just look at the model in the car selection menu or Brand Central. You'll see they do have a model with fully modeled badge and tailpipe.

Yes in showroom and and scapes they are flawless. But my posting of pictures is during in game, regardless of how the models are transferred during a race. Since GT5 I have been taking hundreds closeup shots of cars. Scapes has taken the place of photo locations - maybe they may return - where you cannot zoom into the details of the cars and on track is the main part of the game. Like I said the GT Sport Alfa looks flawless. So I ask you, on track, what is better modelled the VW in GT Sport or Driveclub?

Last edited:
I didn't like 'Game mode' at all. Try setting it on PC instead on the HDMI setting, I found it has less display lag and also produces the colors better. You can enable HDR on PC mode.

The KU series is 8-bit HDR so it's no problem on PC input. For those who have a 10-bit HDR TV, keep in mind that PC mode will limit you to 8-bit HDR. Game mode does allow 10-bit HDR. And according to rtings.com, most Samsungs are low 20s ms in both modes.

so hows the game running on a regular PS4?
Basically flawlessly. I have noticed a single frame drop and it was before the race began as the camera passed by every single car, and it probably lasted about 0.5 seconds.

GT Sport demo :
View attachment 679066 View attachment 679065 View attachment 679064
View attachment 679067 I View attachment 679068 View attachment 679069

Driveclub:
View attachment 679072
View attachment 679073
View attachment 679074
View attachment 679078
View attachment 679083
View attachment 679077

Hope you enjoy.
This is slightly odd to me... I went into the game to see this for myself on the Golf, and you are totally correct, there are parts of the model that look really poor for some reason, like the badges and the number plates. But then there are parts that are exceptionally well modelled, like the headlights.

This sort of leads me to believe that this car has some kind of glitch where its pulling low res models for parts of it when it should be pulling high res ones. :confused:

Last edited:
Basically flawlessly. I have noticed a single frame drop and it was before the race began as the camera passed by every single car, and it probably lasted about 0.5 seconds.

This is slightly odd to me... I went into the game to see this for myself on the Golf, and you are totally correct, there are parts of the model that look really poor for some reason, like the badges and the number plates. But then there are parts that are exceptionally well modelled, like the headlights.

This sort of leads me to believe that this car has some kind of glitch where its pulling low res models for parts of it when it should be pulling high res ones. :confused:

I have massive frame drops very often but so far I’ve still managed to race without too many issues

Back