Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
First time posting here so hello to everyone. I've been lurking on the site for a while just reading and looking at what people are doing within the GT world. In any case, I started playing the demo yesterday and I'll say it seems to be much better than GT6 and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Did some arcade racing, the driving school and started on the missions. Currently at the second mission of stage 6 with the Mazda Atenza Gr.3. This thing is intense. Tried it 4 times last night and something happen every time and I had to restart. On my last try, I was leading the race with a great margin and on the last lap, P2 came up fast and spun me out of a corner after bumping my car...Do penalties applied to the AI as well? Cause they should

I'm not a big fan of online gaming in general (seems like this might be the biggest drawback for me with GTS), I did try a few of the races online in GT6 and it was a nightmare. From playing a couple of online races on GTS, this one seems to be OK for now. We'll if that changes later.

Can't wait to get off work and play some more. I'm finding myself liking this a bit more than I do PC2.

Surprised I am not seeing much complaints about this, but the snap oversteer with the DS4 that some cars exhibit is very bad.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Kinda reminds me of Project Cars 1 and Forza Motorsport 6 TBH.

Its not the cars. Check the DS4 problem thread. When the steering is locked with the DS4, it stays locked despite player input for half a second, resulting in the snap oversteer. Hopefully its fixed. Maybe if more people tweet Kaz :)

Wait, how do you change fuel maps?
Use left-right on the d-pad (depending on your control settings) to change between the multiple MFD displays until you get to the fuel-map, and then adjust using up-down. NOTE that in the closed beta the MFD is only visible when the HUD is set to full mode. I haven't checked yet if it can be adjusted with no HUD in the public beta. I raised a bug about this in the closed beta.

Can someone explain me what fuel map is for ?
You change how much fuel the car uses. The more fuel you use, the more power you will make, but fewer laps you can complete before running out of fuel. Fuel map 1 means max fuel usage, and as such max power. Fuel map 6 minimizes fuel usage to be able to complete more laps, but at a greatly reduced power output.

Surprised I am not seeing much complaints about this, but the snap oversteer with the DS4 that some cars exhibit is very bad.
For me, it is much easier when using the interior view, as you can see exactly where the steering angle is, and add/remove steering angle in anticipation of the rear end regaining traction. It is definitely a change from GT6 and the closed beta though. I haven't tried adjusting any of the speed/sensitivity settings yet.

Last edited:
Try the BMW M4 and tell me it sounds anything like a real M4...
It was the first car I drove on the demo, I found it really fun to drive on the limit and beyond using DS4. I was seriously impressed how realistic it sounded. It sounded like actually being in the car, the engine sound seems close to spot on. They just need to work on improving the exhaust sounds for it, need to get some of that snorting sound to it.

Very dissapointed with the demo. I guess this wasn't meant for wheel users, as the force feedback is terrible. If you've ever played assetto corsa, pcars 2, or any PC sim, you will be very dissapointed in the force feedback. And what's with the wheel spin? I was spinning my tires in a 130 horsepower Miata in second gear? That thing should barely be able to chirp the tires off a standing start. I could be wrong, as I don't own a Miata but it felt weird.

Have to agree here with the wheel feedback, PC2 has this problem as well honestly. AC is the only game I've played where I can feel everything and be able to near recognize what the limits of the car are. I like the layout of GT sport and the music, I've tried one career lap and an mission stage 1 race, then got an error and the demo closed up. I'll play again later this week to see more about it.

A bit disappointed about the graphics though, you really need the pro to get those sharp graphics.

Have to agree here with the wheel feedback, PC2 has this problem as well honestly. AC is the only game I've played where I can feel everything and be able to near recognize what the limits of the car are. I like the layout of GT sport and the music, I've tried one career lap and an mission stage 1 race, then got an error and the demo closed up. I'll play again later this week to see more about it.

A bit disappointed about the graphics though, you really need the pro to get those sharp graphics.

Yes AA makes me puke on PS4 . Just like GT5 and GT6 .

Yes AA makes me puke on PS4 . Just like GT5 and GT6 .

The tracks aren't really bothering me, but the cars don't look as detailed/sharp as the ps4 pro footage I'm seeing all over Youtube. I'm bothered by it since this game is really beautiful on the Pro. It's a bit better than AC/PC2 on standard Ps4 so that is nice but I thought this console was able to put excellent graphics.

Oh well, but I want them to fix the feedback on the wheels. I'm sure the controller gives more feedback, I might try it but I prefer using the wheel.

The tracks aren't really bothering me, but the cars don't look as detailed/sharp as the ps4 pro footage I'm seeing all over Youtube. I'm bothered by it since this game is really beautiful on the Pro. It's a bit better than AC/PC2 on standard Ps4 so that is nice but I thought this console was able to put excellent graphics.

Oh well, but I want them to fix the feedback on the wheels. I'm sure the controller gives more feedback, I might try it but I prefer using the wheel.

They focus too much on car models but the overall result is not very good . If AA is bad everything will look worse at least on standard PS4 .

No you can play offline against AI or Time Trial. But there is no real career mode - not in the Demo anyway
Huh? I can't do anything offline... no brand central, no arcade mode, nothing. Is anyone else able to do things offline?

Last edited:
It was the first car I drove on the demo, I found it really fun to drive on the limit and beyond using DS4. I was seriously impressed how realistic it sounded. It sounded like actually being in the car, the engine sound seems close to spot on. They just need to work on improving the exhaust sounds for it, need to get some of that snorting sound to it.

Yeah I was referring to the exhaust sound more so than the in-car sound. I couldn't get a good feel for the interior sound because every time I went into options to turn the race music off the game crashed!

As a comparison though, the sound of the car is bang on in Assetto Corsa. Personally I think the M4 sounds awful in real life, but it is certainly unique and instantly distinguishable. Probably why it sounds off to me in GT Sport...

I've only played about an hour and probably can't play against tonight or tomorrow before it closes. So quick impressions:

Pros:

-Graphics good on standard ps4 compared to other titles
-Menu layout really simple and clean
-Career mode layout simple and straightforward, three sections(at least in demo), you don't need to to do one tournament at a time like in PC2, just straight get into an event and there is an order just like previous GT titles where you have to beat one section to unlock the next, etc..
-Physics feel overall good
-Sounds improved
-Lighting is really good
-I can actually drive pretty well with cockpit view as opposed to in other titles where it is very difficult
-Livery editor(Not much unlocked in demo, and you can't buy a car so in full game this will be nice)
-Photo mode is neat and simple to use(still limited in demo)

Cons:

-Wheel feedback not the best, someone said that you get feedback through rear wheels, that is what it seems like
-All cars feel like they're driving on perfectly smooth surface
-Environments are kind of bland, but this kind of depends on the track, we need full game to judge
-Sense of speed not that good(maybe due to poor feedback through the wheel)

We will have to wait for the full game. Although I will say, AC has some really good and fun physics, along with great feedback through the wheel. That game is really fun for wheel users. Better than PCARS 2. It just lacks content, good graphics, and the online lobbies have too long of waiting time and most lobbies are private. Also the players are too good, it's not that competitive on console. About 1/3 of players blow away everyone else. I don't like that they don't have lobbies where custom setups are disabled. Since some of us don't know how to tune those things.

I think this game is the best one on consoles when you play online . However GT6 handled penalties and dirty players better . The full game may be different on this aspect .
Will the game feature lobbies with a host that can kick players like previous games ?

Man I'm really surprised about the lack of lag here. I have pretty bad connection but the teleportation from the beta has improved greatly. Credit where it's due.

I see myself spending hours in Sports Mode in the final game now. My personal issues won't make be able to play this before next month, but I'm sold on it.

Yeah, I haven't noticed any lags or problems with the server out here in Colorado. This game is a bee's knees to me. Finally got my driver and sportsmanship ratings to the b class.. kind of stinks that we have to wait a few days after this ends to be able to play again :-). At least then we'll be able to really customize our cars and purchase them. But for some reason there is no RX-7 :-( oh well, my heart is still beating from the last few races, great job polyphony!

I'm using the thrustmaster 300 with the 3pa pedals and the play seat. Feels great to me.

Latest Posts

Back