Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Speaking of penalties, I was doing the reverse Alsace track tonight, running in 2nd. After the climb up the hill at the start, when you go down again and take a tight left turn I think I ran too close to the inside wall, or crossed over the kerb or something. I didn't crash or make contact with anyone, it was just an 'off track' situation. The game hit me with a 25 second penalty.

25! I rage quit, there was no way I could scrub off that penalty so it totally killed my race.

Speaking of penalties, I was doing the reverse Alsace track tonight, running in 2nd. After the climb up the hill at the start, when you go down again and take a tight left turn I think I ran too close to the inside wall, or crossed over the kerb or something. I didn't crash or make contact with anyone, it was just an 'off track' situation. The game hit me with a 25 second penalty.

25! I rage quit, there was no way I could scrub off that penalty so it totally killed my race.

me too! I really don't understand..

I know what you mean. I thought I drove the wheels off my car at Suzuka for the MFR Cup but Im still almost 2 seconds off the fastest lap in my region. I can see 2 corners where I could gain maybe half a second if I nail them, but where the other second is suppose to come from, I have no idea. Its deflating that the top guys probably run my laptimes with 2-3 big mistakes. I dont have a ghost to run against, but in previous GTs when I did it seemed like these guys had a softer tire compound then me, its like their cars just gripped so much better. The reality is their driving technique is just superior to mine, and it helps their car grip the track better. Wish I knew what it was Im doing wrong

As for improving race pace, you need to practice your braking and turn in points until your comfortable with them, and they become automatic or second nature. Make sure you have your visual cues for braking points sorted. Also, learn to take it just a bit easier on more difficult turns that might cause you to spin or touch the wall. Push in the easy turns, but tip-toe just a bit in the difficult ones. That should help you make less mistakes.
Try focusing on getting on the throttle sooner instead of cornering faster. Every corner you should ask yourself, "Did I use the whole track on exit?". If not, you didn't get on the throttle soon enough. Many sim drivers focus too much on cornering and not enough on exit speed. The purpose of cornering is to set up exit speed and getting on the throttle as soon as possible. I'll happily give up a tenth or two when cornering if it means I can get on the throttle a tenth or two sooner. If you think about it makes sense. You are on full throttle for most of a circuit. Any advantage you gain at the beginning of each full throttle period, aka each corner exit, is an advantage you carry down the whole length of the following straight. An advantage in time through a corner, in the absence of earlier throttle, only gains you time through that single corner.

Wow, i have yet to see more than a 10sec penalty.

I know i might sound like a jerk but, i believe i have noticed the results of the people who artificially raise thiere sr. I have stayed pretty much at b witb a few times getting to a for a couple races till something happend. All generally good racing with the few expected exceptions. The races were getting tighter and yet cleaner by the day untill yesterday i had the day off and ran quite a few sport mode races. I had some of the closest non contact races i have seen yet, which got me up to a sr of s before the day was out. I noticed a measurable drop in the quality of racers i was matched with when it came to bumper to bumper door to door racing. This morning is even worse, perhaps cuse it's the weekend and all the kids are on. Seriously though let your rank reflect your skills, just get out there and race your best. In time you will get where you belong when you belong there.

And who the hell passes in a chicane.... or am i the dumb one?

Alsace backwards is just stupid.

I find myself just tip-toeing around at the back of the field, letting other drivers go without a fight and willingly sacrificing the driver rating in order to raise that sportsmanship rating (or to keep it high).

I've had three races in a row now with a 150% clean race bonus, finishing in 6-12th position each time.

If I get in the thick of it battling for positions there will be contact by drivers with either poor sportsmanship spirit and/or lack of spatial awareness.

I would be happy with a C / S.
Somewhere in the middle regarding driver rating and as high as possible regarding sportsmanship.

I must say that after reaching Level 20 with all the Arcade Tracks available I have lost interest somewhat and just do enough mile every day to get the free car. What benefits do you get beyond Level 20. I am getting a lot more use out of Forza 7 (especially after they finally gave us the VIP Bonus).

I think one shouldnt be able to "scrub off" penalties without affecting race outcome. The fact that penalty is occasionally wrongly applied is unfortunate.. But rather that than no affect.

That said.. I understand your rage. :lol:

I must say that after reaching Level 20 with all the Arcade Tracks available I have lost interest somewhat and just do enough mile every day to get the free car. What benefits do you get beyond Level 20. I am getting a lot more use out of Forza 7 (especially after they finally gave us the VIP Bonus).

I'm level 26 and I spend so much time in GT Sport that I have been neglecting my other games racing or otherwise. I do at least 10 online races(got my 100th race achievement yesterday), practice the tracks I don't know so well and run a couple arcade races set to professional on the tracks that the daily/cup races are set on pretty much every day on the weekends. Less so on weekdays.

I think its more about how game feels how cars feels and what it gives you, not about how much cars or tracks or gifts you get.
Forza is one thing and gts its different thing. And sure we need more racers for our needs but GTS just gives me that special feel while driving car. And forza just gives me fun time driving car and sliding into corners easily . not so much character from forza as from GTS . im myself at 19 lvl now still having much fun with same cars on same tracks with diff time of days. Just playing arcade.

I find myself just tip-toeing around at the back of the field, letting other drivers go without a fight and willingly sacrificing the driver rating in order to raise that sportsmanship rating (or to keep it high).

I've had three races in a row now with a 150% clean race bonus, finishing in 6-12th position each time.

If I get in the thick of it battling for positions there will be contact by drivers with either poor sportsmanship spirit and/or lack of spatial awareness.

I would be happy with a C / S.
Somewhere in the middle regarding driver rating and as high as possible regarding sportsmanship.

I had assumed...but just realised I may be wrong...is it possible to grind to SR S ??

I realise that grinding DR won't help unless you are getting better at a faster rate than others, but I had assumed if I race enough clean races I will progress my SR B up to A and finally S? Is this true, or is it similar to DR, that grinding my SR will only work if I am "cleaner" than other racers?

I had assumed...but just realised I may be wrong...is it possible to grind to SR S ??

I realise that grinding DR won't help unless you are getting better at a faster rate than others, but I had assumed if I race enough clean races I will progress my SR B up to A and finally S? Is this true, or is it similar to DR, that grinding my SR will only work if I am "cleaner" than other racers?
yes. just be safe for few races

Hey everyone, so today when i joined the Interlagos FIA race, i noticed my throttle acted weird, like sometimes it drops below 100%, like to 80% and stays there until i release and press throttle again to make it 100% again. Its pretty weird and happens too often now, is this a bug or my controller is broken? the one that does this is only my old model 2015 controller, my new model PS4 Pro controller is fine.

I noticed this cause my Cayman felt like it had no power. But the weird thing is, i didnt play much games that use triggers alot apart from GT Sport, so it shouldnt be broken, and yesterday it was fine??

Hey everyone, so today when i joined the Interlagos FIA race, i noticed my throttle acted weird, like sometimes it drops below 100%, like to 80% and stays there until i release and press throttle again to make it 100% again. Its pretty weird and happens too often now, is this a bug or my controller is broken? the one that does this is only my old model 2015 controller, my new model PS4 Pro controller is fine.

I noticed this cause my Cayman felt like it had no power. But the weird thing is, i didnt play much games that use triggers alot apart from GT Sport, so it shouldnt be broken, and yesterday it was fine??
I'm having the same issue with my 3 months old controller. The thing is I asked if anyone has the issue in this thread but I got 1 answer only and that guy said saw this problem in need for speed forums. So no answer here. I guess there is a few people playing with controller.

Are pre-1.05 setup still viable or do we need to redo them? Because I can't keep my Alfa 4C Gr.4 on the track now, was pretty stable before the patch...

I'm having the same issue with my 3 months old controller. The thing is I asked if anyone has the issue in this thread but I got 1 answer only and that guy said saw this problem in need for speed forums. So no answer here. I guess there is a few people playing with controller.
Same problem here. Sometimes i feel i have less power and People just vroom past me even when i have great corner exits.

I tried changing layouts but right stick and square cross not comfortable for me for acceleration and braking.

Weird. Where do you check throttle percentage though?

I'm currently using a t150 but both my controllers have the same issue with the R2 trigger on other games as well!

Same problem here. Sometimes i feel i have less power and People just vroom past me even when i have great corner exits.

I tried changing layouts but right stick and square cross not comfortable for me for acceleration and braking.

Weird. Where do you check throttle percentage though?

You can check with the small vertical bars, left and right from the center of the HUD. The right one is throttle, and left one is brake.

To me it reaches 100% but randomly just drops to around 80% on straights , mid corner etc and stays unless i release and press R2 again

Also if it turns white to red partly, that is from wheelspin, traction control etc. so that is normal, but if its really empty (no red or white bar to the top of the little bracket while pushing R2 all the way on a straight) then its not registering.

Last edited:
You can check with the small vertical bars, left and right from the center of the HUD. The right one is throttle, and left one is brake.

To me it reaches 100% but randomly just drops to around 80% on straights , mid corner etc and stays unless i release and press R2 again

Also if it turns white to red partly, that is from wheelspin, traction control etc. so that is normal, but if its really empty (no red or white bar to the top of the little bracket while pushing R2 all the way on a straight) then its not registering.
I had to buy another controller recently, my old one had a ruined R2, wouldn't register 100% throttle unless i absolute rammed it down. My other controller was overly sensitive, so a new one (with a PS4-Pro, lol) is working a charm.

I had to buy another controller recently, my old one had a ruined R2, wouldn't register 100% throttle unless i absolute rammed it down. My other controller was overly sensitive, so a new one (with a PS4-Pro, lol) is working a charm.
I did the same & the new one had the same problem! You better go for a t80 or t150 or even the new razer gaming controller!

The R2 button is pretty much a design failure by Sony. You can find a lot of people online who have problems with the conductive silicon rubber pads.

I always wondered how my opponents pulled so hard at the start, while we all have the same cars and settings....or why I could barely get silver medals.

Then I discovered my max trigger range got stuck at 70-80% and that was the reason why I also lacked that turbo whistle with some cars.

I opened the controller and switched the R1 and R2 pads and it solved the problem. Otherwise you can order new pads in China for 2-3 bucks.

I did the same & the new one had the same problem! You better go for a t80 or t150 or even the new razer gaming controller!
What I think is that PD can solve this thing easy and once and for all. By giving us the option to reduce max input threshold in controller settings. This couldn't be hard for them to do because some games does have this option. Like battlefield 1 and so. I remember forza 6 have this option in Xbox too. If they could add this setting then you can set it to 80% and you wouldn't have to press all the way down for full throttle. How can we give feedback about this? Does anybody know how?

What I think is that PD can solve this thing easy and once and for all. By giving us the option to reduce max input threshold in controller settings. This couldn't be hard for them to do because some games does have this option. Like battlefield 1 and so. I remember forza 6 have this option in Xbox too. If they could add this setting then you can set it to 80% and you wouldn't have to press all the way down for full throttle. How can we give feedback about this? Does anybody know how?
I play BF1 but there isn't such setup there so i had to switch to L1 R1 but yeah that could help but over time it gets even worse! On my older ds4 the trigger doesn't work at all!

Latest Posts

Back