Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Something I noticed in the Credits last night were a few staff tied to Jay Leno.

I wonder if that means some Jay Leno content will appear at some point in the future, maybe Scapes of his garage?

jay_leno_supercars_opener_01.jpeg

Google Translated version:

An update for Gran Turismo ™ Sport has been released. The following list shows the main features of this update:

Implemented main functions
- The ABS control has been adjusted to improve handling when braking in bends.
- The traction control has been adjusted to improve the handling when accelerating in bends.
- The BoP (power balance) of the following vehicles has been adjusted:

Class Gr. 3
 · Mercedes AMG GT3 (AMG Team HTP Motorsport) '16 [Performance ratio: 94%> 95%]
 · Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15 [Performance ratio: 90%> 91%]
 · Lamborghini Huracán GT3 ' 15 [Power Ratio: 94%> 95%]
 · Hyundai Genesis Gr. 3 [power ratio: 112%> 111%]

Class Gr. 4
 · Nissan GT-R Gr. 4 [Power Ratio: 97%> 95%] [Weight Reduction Ratio: 110%> 111%]
 · Volkswagen Scirocco Gr. 4 [Power Ratio: 100%> 97%]
 · Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr. 4 [Performance Ratio: 97%> 98%]

- [Background Music Playlist] has been added to [Options]> [Audio Settings]. In [Transfer Mode], the background music that is played during transfer is automatically changed to a suitable title ("Background Music (Race)" is turned off). This option can be used to upload recorded video to video sharing platforms.
- The steering wheel force feedback has been adjusted to increase the torque increase near the neutral position and suppress curbing vibration.

Other improvements and adjustments
- Handling when using a DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been improved.
- During the transmission of a gameplay session, the background music automatically changes to a title suitable for transmission ("Background music (race)" is turned off).
- The number of items displayed in the Miles Store in the categories "Wheels" and "Special Colors" has been increased to a maximum of 16.
- The price of wheels has been increased from 100 to 500 points. The new price is valid from the next shop assortment update.
- When buying wheels in the miles shop, a list of compatible vehicles will now be displayed.
- Various other bugs have been fixed.

Thank you for your continued support. We hope you will continue to enjoy Gran Turismo ™ Sport!

• Balance of Performance changes 👍
  • Dualshock 4 improvements 👍
  • Option for video creators to disable music and avoid copyright strikes 👍

Looks like a nice update. The FFB addition to make it tighter around center and dull the curbs a bit will be nice, and car balancing in reaction to which cars are dominating, just like many real world racing series do, very nice.

This morning was trying to have a mid pack race with a few cars.. but another guy with a horrible network connection ruined it for us. I really should have taken a video and sent it to him.. I do not believe he was a bad driver at all or doing it on purpose but man.. it destroyed what could have been a great mid pack battle. Sucks because I feel many people have no idea and think it is everyone else that is slamming into them and not the other way around.

They really need to update the prize car selection algorithm, getting sick of getting duplicates now, especially when you are golding an event/mission/track. Silver/bronze, ok fine.

But gold, it should know which cars you already have and give you what you don't have. Got 3 x 208 GTis now, third coming after golding all of Interlagos in Circuit Experience.

They really need to update the prize car selection algorithm, getting sick of getting duplicates now, especially when you are golding an event/mission/track. Silver/bronze, ok fine.

But gold, it should know which cars you already have and give you what you don't have. Got 3 x 208 GTis now, third coming after golding all of Interlagos in Circuit Experience.
PD be trolling. They could easily have set it up so your garage was scanned before the prize car was given and duplication avoided, but gamers are much happier when it's random and you end up with a garage full of duplicate cars you can't sell. Said no one ever. :irked:

PD be trolling. They could easily have set it up so your garage was scanned before the prize car was given and duplication avoided, but gamers are much happier when it's random and you end up with a garage full of duplicate cars you can't sell. Said no one ever. :irked:

Wait - there is a sell button. Does it not do anything? I really don't have many cars yet so I never tried to use it.

Wait - there is a sell button. Does it not do anything? I really don't have many cars yet so I never tried to use it.
You can only sell cars you purchased. Gift cars can only be deleted. Even if they could be sold it would still make far more sense to gift you cars you don't already have.

You can only sell cars you purchased. Gift cars can only be deleted. Even if they could be sold it would still make far more sense to gift you cars you don't already have.

Ah ok thanks - yeah I get it. Duplicates suck... but they obviously went the way of slot machine simulation or "Gambling" style loot rewards. Kinda like Destiny 2 or Battlefield 1. Not saying that is a good thing either.

Maybe they should allow you to break down your duplicate prize cars for "parts" 10 parts = chance at a spin for another car!!! hahaha.. NO that is an awful idea. :yuck:

Ah ok thanks - yeah I get it. Duplicates suck... but they obviously went the way of slot machine simulation or "Gambling" style loot rewards. Kinda like Destiny 2 or Battlefield 1. Not saying that is a good thing either.

Maybe they should allow you to break down your duplicate prize cars for "parts" 10 parts = chance at a spin for another car!!! hahaha.. NO that is an awful idea. :yuck:
You might be on to something:idea:. Another way to do it would be to offer you a choice of several cars, as in "Choose any N300 car" or something along those lines. Really, absolutely anything would be better than random chance and receiving useless duplicates:yuck::grumpy:

I've been dealing with the duplicate drops by applying different liveries to them to set them apart. But I'm annoyed by the situation as well where they can't be sold or exchanged for. The situation would have been better if the colour of the duplicate can be selected once you win the second time.

Hahahahaha, my work holds a gaming competition at our quarterly awards each quarter. Things like COD, Fifa, NBA, Mario Kart etc, or things like Table Tennis, Foosball, Trivia. Ive won the Fifa and Cod ones before.

Ive just found out that tonight is going to be a Gran Turismo Sport one.
Time trial style, 5 laps each person on Kyoto, N300 class random draw at start of night. Reward is a $250 liquor shop voucher. I really should win this comfortably.

Hahahahaha, my work holds a gaming competition at our quarterly awards each quarter. Things like COD, Fifa, NBA, Mario Kart etc, or things like Table Tennis, Foosball, Trivia. Ive won the Fifa and Cod ones before.

Ive just found out that tonight is going to be a Gran Turismo Sport one.
Time trial style, 5 laps each person on Kyoto, N300 class random draw at start of night. Reward is a $250 liquor shop voucher. I really should win this comfortably.
Good luck:cheers:
s3-news-tmp-90538-johnnie-walker-whiskey-wallpaper--default--1280.jpg

I find myself not purchasing any street cars anymore, only Gr.3 and Gr.4 vehicles since the rest are not a priority on Sport mode. It's odd since I was the total opposite in GT5 and GT6. Maybe PD should incorporate N400 and up races in sport mode to get us to make use of some nice street cars. And some dlc street cars too of course.

I'm enjoying the milage store, however. Like how it updates weekly, I pretty much get all the colors and wheels I like every refresh. Also got several driver stances. Along with the carbon black helmet out currently.

What Sport Mode should do to stop the One Make setting for Gr.N races is to restrict de-tuning and only allow N classes below the currently-setted power class to tune up. Or perhaps an N300 race but only using N200 cars.

So, the update doesn't contain a new car or track... Which begs the question - when will we see new content? Hopefully we don't have to wait 3 months for each small addition. Not saying this update wasn't necessary though with the BOP changes. They are much needed because certain cars are having it way too easy up front.

So, the update doesn't contain a new car or track... Which begs the question - when will we see new content? Hopefully we don't have to wait 3 months for each small addition. Not saying this update wasn't necessary though with the BOP changes. They are much needed because certain cars are having it way too easy up front.
600 mb for an update is pretty big? Probably some hidden changes? I'm already bored with the tracks/cars list...
TBH, I spend more time in the Discover feature (best feature in GTSport) than racing.

I find myself not purchasing any street cars anymore, only Gr.3 and Gr.4 vehicles since the rest are not a priority on Sport mode. It's odd since I was the total opposite in GT5 and GT6. Maybe PD should incorporate N400 and up races in sport mode to get us to make use of some nice street cars. And some dlc street cars too of course.

I'm enjoying the milage store, however. Like how it updates weekly, I pretty much get all the colors and wheels I like every refresh. Also got several driver stances. Along with the carbon black helmet out currently.

Me too but then again most of the lobbies that I join are GR3. I think that's ended up being the preferred style/speed balance for most players.

I am still buying the Mileage Store cars though regardless of category. Mainly because I don't want to miss out.

600 mb for an update is pretty big? Probably some hidden changes? I'm already bored with the tracks/cars list...
TBH, I spend more time in the Discover feature (best feature in GTSport) than racing.
If I played the game everyday I would be bored, but because I only GT Sport 3 days a week, I don't.

Are the Manufacturers cup races stock setup? I can't see it. I'm going to decide today which brand I'll represent but I'm undecided still.

Anyone else a little annoyed that they changed the handling on controller 1 day before the Championships? Its probably better in the long run cause it seems to allow more precision, but i find it very sensitive compared to before, so its a bit hard to get used to it in a day...

And since i end up loosing control more at the moment, i do not feel confident to even enter Sport races right now, let alone the Cups. I just got the hang of most of the car types few days ago and this feels completely different to me now.

I am not saying its bad, but i am just a little bit worried and hope i can adjust until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back