Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I seriously suggest to anyone on a controller to buy a set of thubm stick extensions. They make it way easier to be smooth, I've bhad people ask me after a close race if i am on a wheel actually.

I however am a little annoyed that i just realized i can't really even take part. I knew i wouldn't be a top dog or anything like that but the races dont start till 10pm in my time zone and as i get up at 3am for my job ther is no way i can stay up and be coherent enough to race without being a danger to others

Anyone else a little annoyed that they changed the handling on controller 1 day before the Championships? Its probably better in the long run cause it seems to allow more precision, but i find it very sensitive and twitchy compared to before, so its a bit hard to get used to it in a day...
For what it's worth both of the FIA Championships are labelled as "test seasons" right now, so although they have more importance than Sport Mode races they're still not "the big ones" that require tons of preparation.

I've only done a few races today but I don't remember the Audi TT being this lively in previous sessions (DS4). Need more seat time before I can make a verdict however.

I seriously suggest to anyone on a controller to buy a set of thubm stick extensions. They make it way easier to be smooth, I've bhad people ask me after a close race if i am on a wheel actually.

This is what I use on every console I've owned since 2010, helps a lot in terms of comfort over long sessions:

61%2BFosX3YKL._SL1050_.jpg

So, the update doesn't contain a new car or track... Which begs the question - when will we see new content? Hopefully we don't have to wait 3 months for each small addition. Not saying this update wasn't necessary though with the BOP changes. They are much needed because certain cars are having it way too easy up front.
How car DLC is viewed in this game won't be the same as other games. Any cars that are off pace because of poor BoP adjustments aren't going to be viewed the same way as cars that dominate out of the box. What happens when a hot new car is released as DLC, in a game that promises BoP, and you can't win without it? The whole dynamic is changed in this game, it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Perhaps this'll be the human drama we were promised for GT6 :sly:.

Last edited:
I have to say that Lago Maggiore is very good, however I did the 10 lap daily races on it and the 30 lap endurance on it too on the Mission Challenge today, so I've now had enough of it!

Where are the top 10 drivers finding those times? I did Lago Maggiore a little bit this morning right before I head to work and after running about 10-15 laps or so in qualifying, the best time I put down was 1.59 with not a lot of effort. I have a pretty good idea as far as where I could save some 10th here and there which I'm estimating would put me around mid to low 1.58s...However, top leader board is in the 1.55 range. That's a full 3 secs, which in racing is a pretty big gap. I'm just curious!!!

Where are the top 10 drivers finding those times? I did Lago Maggiore a little bit this morning right before I head to work and after running about 10-15 laps or so in qualifying, the best time I put down was 1.59 with not a lot of effort. I have a pretty good idea as far as where I could save some 10th here and there which I'm estimating would put me around mid to low 1.58s...However, top leader board is in the 1.55 range. That's a full 3 secs, which in racing is a pretty big gap. I'm just curious!!!
All about the lines you choose, I usually race on a wheel but have been “battlefield ing” it the past couple of days so I used the controller, not used it for for at least 3 years, third lap in I’ve managed a 1:58, you’ve also got to be prepared to use the kerbs in the chicanes.

1. Use the same car.
2. Find or use a good tune.
3. Cut the curbs as much as possible without getting a penalty.
4 Rinse and repeat.

The rest will depend on your skill level of course.

I have so much respect for the people who are at the top of the daily race leaderboards at the moment. 9/10 cars are all the same but then there's that one car that's at the number one spot which is totally different from the rest. Shows that skill and personal preference can overcome even the worst odds.

All about the lines you choose, I usually race on a wheel but have been “battlefield ing” it the past couple of days so I used the controller, not used it for for at least 3 years, third lap in I’ve managed a 1:58, you’ve also got to be prepared to use the kerbs in the chicanes.

So from doing the circuit experience, I try to mimic the racing line shown in those video clips with some tweak here and there. I figured they would be a good benchmark especially for track that I'm not familiar with.

1. Use the same car.
2. Find or use a good tune.
3. Cut the curbs as much as possible without getting a penalty.
4 Rinse and repeat.

The rest will depend on your skill level of course.

1. Did use the same car
2. Since tune are no longer applicable in those races so that's out the door.
3. I do that...a lot, sometimes too much still without getting a penalty.
4. Tried as much as I can within the available time I could find to practice.

So from doing the circuit experience, I try to mimic the racing line shown in those video clips with some tweak here and there. I figured they would be a good benchmark especially for track that I'm not familiar with.

1. Did use the same car
2. Since tune are no longer applicable in those races so that's out the door.
3. I do that...a lot, sometimes too much still without getting a penalty.
4. Tried as much as I can within the available time I could find to practice.
Then you're maxed out.

Yea also experiment with break balance sometimes an adjustment to make the car rotate more or less during breaking can shave a lot of time per corner, add that up over a lap and that can be worth a lot.

Also in case you don’t know if you go into the qualifying time trial (not the one where you register for race) theres a simple laptime analysis screen where if you run 10 laps (I would suggest as many as you can stomach) and then exit the track, there is potential laptime that will show your absolute fastest time.

Then you're maxed out.

I hate to think that. While I may not have time to practice as much as I would have liked, been off the pace by sometimes 4-5 seconds is at time very frustrating especially when I feel like I'm doing everything right. In any case, I'm one of those who like to think that there's always room for improvement, so I'm going to keep at it.

Yea also experiment with break balance sometimes an adjustment to make the car rotate more or less during breaking can shave a lot of time per corner, add that up over a lap and that can be worth a lot.

Also in case you don’t know if you go into the qualifying time trial (not the one where you register for race) theres a simple laptime analysis screen where if you run 10 laps (I would suggest as many as you can stomach) and then exit the track, there is potential laptime that will show your absolute fastest time.

I've not been experimenting with the brake balance too much so I'll look into that as well as the laptime analysis, which I've noticed but never really dug into. Seems like I just found something to do as soon as I get home!

direct drive changed my perspective about gts physics and ffb details. was on t500 and now on large mige 480w simucube emulated as G29 on PS4.

The road details are there and I can clearly know what the front tires are doing ( under or oversteer ).

I hate to think that. While I may not have time to practice as much as I would have liked, been off the pace by sometimes 4-5 seconds is at time very frustrating especially when I feel like I'm doing everything right. In any case, I'm one of those who like to think that there's always room for improvement, so I'm going to keep at it.

I've not been experimenting with the brake balance too much so I'll look into that as well as the laptime analysis, which I've noticed but never really dug into. Seems like I just found something to do as soon as I get home!

You may feel like your doing everything right, but its very likely you are not. I was surprised yesterday how a small change in my braking point and racing line in 2 corners had me going half a second a lap faster at Brazil. Before the change I was pushing the car to the limit - but it didnt matter because I was attacking the course wrong.

You may feel like your doing everything right, but its very likely you are not. I was surprised yesterday how a small change in my braking point and racing line in 2 corners had me going half a second a lap faster at Brazil. Before the change I was pushing the car to the limit - but it didnt matter because I was attacking the course wrong.

I agree with you and saying "everything right" is probably an over statement. I spend some time practicing, learning the tracks and gaining confidence in my knowledge of the racing lines. While I know that's only one part of the equation, in some cases, I can tell that is not where the problem is and I might be losing time in my braking because I either miss the braking point, braking too early, too late or braking too much. I just find it hard to understand that this bit, even if that happens in a couple of corners, would result in a 4-5 seconds gap. In any case, I'll just keep practicing and get better.

On another note, what is the best way to improve race pace?

Anyone else a little annoyed that they changed the handling on controller 1 day before the Championships? Its probably better in the long run cause it seems to allow more precision, but i find it very sensitive compared to before, so its a bit hard to get used to it in a day...

And since i end up loosing control more at the moment, i do not feel confident to even enter Sport races right now, let alone the Cups. I just got the hang of most of the car types few days ago and this feels completely different to me now.

I am not saying its bad, but i am just a little bit worried and hope i can adjust until tomorrow.
I turned down to -2 controller sensitivity and it's still a bit too responsive for me but I'll get used to it eventually...

It happened to me. The thumbnails have regenerated waiting for a couple of minutes in the selection menu.
I've clicked on a couple of the cars, then few mins later the thumbnail would appear. But I've just now literally clicked onto my garage & the thumbnails are appearing now. Never thought of that, thanks man! :cheers:

How car DLC is viewed in this game won't be the same as other games. Any cars that are off pace because of poor BoP adjustments aren't going to be viewed the same way as cars that dominate out of the box. What happens when a hot new car is released as DLC, in a game that promises BoP, and you can't win without it? The whole dynamic is changed in this game, it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Perhaps this'll be the human drama we were promised for GT6 :sly:.
There already is enough human drama!:lol:
Interesting point though. DLC is more than necessary, no doubt about it but if the BOP is stuffed up with a DLC car then it will be a slight problem for those who do not have it. A new class (like Gr.2, Super GT only) would not have these problems though...

I agree with you and saying "everything right" is probably an over statement. I spend some time practicing, learning the tracks and gaining confidence in my knowledge of the racing lines. While I know that's only one part of the equation, in some cases, I can tell that is not where the problem is and I might be losing time in my braking because I either miss the braking point, braking too early, too late or braking too much. I just find it hard to understand that this bit, even if that happens in a couple of corners, would result in a 4-5 seconds gap. In any case, I'll just keep practicing and get better.

On another note, what is the best way to improve race pace?

I know what you mean. I thought I drove the wheels off my car at Suzuka for the MFR Cup but Im still almost 2 seconds off the fastest lap in my region. I can see 2 corners where I could gain maybe half a second if I nail them, but where the other second is suppose to come from, I have no idea. Its deflating that the top guys probably run my laptimes with 2-3 big mistakes. I dont have a ghost to run against, but in previous GTs when I did it seemed like these guys had a softer tire compound then me, its like their cars just gripped so much better. The reality is their driving technique is just superior to mine, and it helps their car grip the track better. Wish I knew what it was Im doing wrong

As for improving race pace, you need to practice your braking and turn in points until your comfortable with them, and they become automatic or second nature. Make sure you have your visual cues for braking points sorted. Also, learn to take it just a bit easier on more difficult turns that might cause you to spin or touch the wall. Push in the easy turns, but tip-toe just a bit in the difficult ones. That should help you make less mistakes.

How difficult can it be to ban players with cheated leaderboard times?
For example the 10 seconds lap times on the Nordschleife are still listed...

Seems like PD doesn't care.

The thumbnails for most of my cars have dissapeared in the garage. How to fix this? & has this happened to anyone else?
same thing happened after 1.05 update. When you race that car one time it appears again, but all others not visiable in garage.
Maybe they updated cars in garage so you cant see old versions of them. Just guess.

How difficult can it be to ban players with cheated leaderboard times?
For example the 10 seconds lap times on the Nordschleife are still listed...

Seems like PD doesn't care.
You have no way of knowing if they cheated or if it was caused by a bug in the game. I got a faster qualifying time due to a bug in the game, it wasn't nearly fast enough to be Top 10 but it was still a time I didn't deserve and this was no fault of my own except for some unintentional bad driving, the system should have deleted that lap but it didn't. Sure some might be cheating but saying all anomalies should result in bans without knowing what is behind them isn't fair. The lap times should be deleted and perhaps if there is repetitions those users could be asked to explain.

Gotta love Nations Cup Asia-Pacific edition.
Basically Sport Mode that keeps score, a.k.a 98% Japanese, 1% Australian, 1% Various Nations.

And, a 10 second penalty for a slight cut that wouldn't have helped me, AND a loss of SR.

Latest Posts

Back