Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
My bad, I was speaking of the post itself as opposed to the quotes. It appeared that you referred to one of your quotes. But again, maybe I'm just seeing things.

So gents, i’m Giving some thought to purchasing GT Sport (probably at a sale price though) and wondering if you could answer a couple questions for me...

First, i’m mostly interested in a pretty specific mode of use for the game - hotlapping Nurby. Basically I just like filling free time by picking a fun car and trying to beat my own times at The Ring. So i’m wondering if the track model of Nürburgring in GT Sport is good. Better than GT6? How bout the “offline” physics? I’ll be using the DS4 so how’s that? I’ve always got along quite well with the controls in GT games...will that continue to be the case in GT Sport? Basically, if I enjoyed hotlapping the ring in GT6, will I enjoy it even more in GT Sport? By “more” I really only mean will I see some better eye candy, a bit better driving experience maybe and an incrementally improved track model?

Oh, and how much of a tedious dance will I have to perform in order to get some of those fun cars to use?

GTS has the best rendition of Nurburgring in a I've seen in a video game. The feel of the car and graphics are leagues ahead of GT6. Also you aren't alone. There's a reason why you will always find full online lobbies of Nurburgring free run. They even have the tourist layout :)

Sadly, I'm little by little giving up from Gr. 3 class and now when it becomes popular, Gr. 1 too - but that class is not important to me.

Reason why is so bad TCS off system.

Too hard to handle it without it, way to ugly to drive with it's "corrections"...

Gr. 4 works perfect and there can't be such drastically differences between the two of them!
I agree with this, I feel like a ~500 hp purpose built racecar on slicks should generally have better low speed traction than a certain 90s 626 hp roadcar on sports hards...

I found this on BB Raceway.

5837229235995936256_0.jpg

I can't believe it, they made it to GT Sport as scenery cars. :lol:
The Acura CL '03 and Audi RS 4 '01 from Gran Turismo 4. Nevermind they look even less detailed in the one's from GT4 but shhhh.

----
On the other hand, it seems that some of "Tokyo Expressway buildings ended up here as well.

upload_2018-2-11_2-48-48.png

upload_2018-2-11_2-49-6.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-11_2-46-52.png
    upload_2018-2-11_2-46-52.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 17
I found this on BB Raceway.

5837229235995936256_0.jpg

I can't believe it, they made it to GT Sport as scenery cars. :lol:
The Acura CL '03 and Audi RS 4 '01 from Gran Turismo 4. Nevermind they look even less detailed in the one's from GT4 but shhhh.

----
On the other hand, it seems that some of "Tokyo Expressway buildings ended up here as well.

View attachment 713340
View attachment 713341

Nice catch. Guess we should make an "Easter egg" thread for stuff like this, just like GT6 back then... 💡 Would you guys agree? :sly: :cheers:

Last night in the lobby with some friends and other guys tried to experience go kart race at nurburgring track and here is the video, i started p6 finished p1.

I was streaming stuff on YT and still got two copyright claims even though I used the "transmission mode" that should have prevented this. :/
upload_2018-2-11_15-4-49.png

I'm assuming everyone has seen the screenshot in Discover/Scapes of the Honda F1 car? If not go to Discover, and then Scapes and simple put F1 in the tag/search bar, you'll see it.

Incredible. I know for a fact there are scapes screens we can't accept from the scapes menu. I saw the McLaren reveal room with the McLaren VGT in the middle as one of the main menu background screens and the corner said press Triangle to go to that scapes screen. I looked for it and couldn't find it otherwise. Maybe there's another one at the McLaren Technology Center and it has the F1 cars in the background.

Wow never knew about this.

Go to a car dealership and there may be a section on the right called Related Scenes. The really stupid thing though is when adding a car it can only be from that manufacturer.

Last edited:
I just pulled my best lap on capoe's live stream YouTube channel. I managed a 7:01 in a standard Ford GT. Now my hand hurts. I have no idea how people are pulling 6:40's or even 6:20's in the Porsches with 500BHP. Although I am using a controller and not a wheel.

Latest Posts

Back