Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
8K screen. It looks better than any other game on PS4, PC. Almost too good for PS5. For me, it's clearly a pre-rendered replay on a crazy expensive computer.

Kaz said there are higher quality assets from GTS that are locked from the game so it could run on the PS4,this might be those high quality assets,the main thing now is what it's running on,a PS5 dev kit or a PC.Because i don't believe those are the same assets from the PS4 build there are reflections(in the Aston Martin) that can't be found in the game.

Not entirely sure.

I just watched the Repechage races from the American finals. I definitely need to start watching these more!
I felt the throttle has been changed and the cars seem heavier, and it affects my shifting behavior. So much lower gear and short shifting when turning, even at high speed turn.

Kaz said there are higher quality assets from GTS that are locked from the game so it could run on the PS4,this might be those high quality assets,the main thing now is what it's running on,a PS5 dev kit or a PC.Because i don't believe those are the same assets from the PS4 build there are reflections(in the Aston Martin) that can't be found in the game.

Well, for starters the floating perspective, moving around the car while in motion pretty much pegs it as a promotional render. In which case, all bets are off for it having anything to do with the future of the game. At least for a decade or so, LOL.

Well, for starters the floating perspective, moving around the car while in motion pretty much pegs it as a promotional render. In which case, all bets are off for it having anything to do with the future of the game. At least for a decade or so, LOL.

It could just be GTS with all high quality assets unlocked,PD does have different builds for different situations(live event build with unreleased content and exclusive replay angles including that hood angle that can move around the car)

Mileage Exchange had been updated with an 18-hours delay.

All the special colors are Manufacturer Paints this week!
...and the colors seem to be associated with racing. Either a race course, venue/place or a manufacturers racing color. Interesting.

(Imagr not from me)

Attachments

• WhatsApp_Image_2018-11-15_at_10.29.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp_Image_2018-11-15_at_10.29.54.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 51
Funny that it's Iracing from all simracers posting this.

I have a few friends that do iRacing and I swear they talk about getting wrecked more than anyone else. They've started to develop an irrational fear of Iberian's.

I have a few friends that do iRacing and I swear they talk about getting wrecked more than anyone else. They've started to develop an irrational fear of Iberian's.

It's just that when people want to throw GTS into the dirt there always is a PC sim racer that comes to talk about how wonderful Iracing is and yada yada yada.Seeing that tweet was quite the whiplash :lol: .

Guys, why updates take so long to install? Even the small ones, like the 1.30? It barely "weighs" over 170 MBs, but 10 minutes have passed and the installation progress is at 78%

Does it have something to do with the coding of the game? Or updates install much faster on PS4 Pro (mine is FAT)?

What's this game like with a wheel guys? Are the physics any good?
Pretty solid physics. Depending on the wheel, though, you may not get the best feedback. I run a T150 and the game doesn't communicate understeer the way it should, but if you have any experience with prior GTs you can learn the physics fairly quickly.

Will I have to wait two more years for installing a spoiler on my Supra? There is no reason to see another GT on PS4 given the hardware and Poly's engine. I can't imagine an update bringing dynamic TOD/weather because a year later and still no rain. Kaz was clear that the next GT will bring the classic Gran Turismo experience: customisation, career mode... Please Kaz bring back customisation before the next GT.

Will I have to wait two more years for installing a spoiler on my Supra? There is no reason to see another GT on PS4 given the hardware and Poly's engine. I can't imagine an update bringing dynamic TOD/weather because a year later and still no rain. Kaz was clear that the next GT will bring the classic Gran Turismo experience: customisation, career mode... Please Kaz bring back customisation before the next GT.

Dynamic weather and time is pretty much impossible to add since it would require massive modifications. And to be honest, if you play PC2 sometimes you will notice that even though it looks fancy on the paper, nobody really uses anything else than sunny daytime, so making such a complex system is not really worth it.

Some sources are saying as per Sony President PS5 release 2021!

In addition, Sony president Kenichiro Yoshida confirmed the company is working on a next-generation console in an interview with the Financial Times. Back in May, Sony Interactive CEO John Kodera revealed to the Wall Street Journal that the PS5 would not be releasing until at least 2021.Nov 6, 2018

Some sources are saying as per Sony President PS5 release 2021!

In addition, Sony president Kenichiro Yoshida confirmed the company is working on a next-generation console in an interview with the Financial Times. Back in May, Sony Interactive CEO John Kodera revealed to the Wall Street Journal that the PS5 would not be releasing until at least 2021.Nov 6, 2018
Poor reporting. He actually stated PS4 would be supported until (at least) 2021. That is no different to any other gen. Sony supports current gen hardware well after the next-gen machine has been released.

2020 is the latest PS5 will release. There’s a good chance it will be revealed, or at least teased, late 2019.

Back