Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Anyone else lose their replays and time trial laps in the 1.29 update?

Actually not with the update 1.29 ,it's an issue for more then 4 months now.
Allready have re-installed the game twice now.After that all seems well but within 2 weeks same issue occurs.
Cars,credits,milage is all fine,only replays and photos are all gone

Will I have to wait two more years for installing a spoiler on my Supra? There is no reason to see another GT on PS4 given the hardware and Poly's engine. I can't imagine an update bringing dynamic TOD/weather because a year later and still no rain. Kaz was clear that the next GT will bring the classic Gran Turismo experience: customisation, career mode... Please Kaz bring back customisation before the next GT.

People are being way too optimistic about a new GT in 2020,PD is all in on GT Sport and they will support it till the end of this gen,they won't have time to develop another major GT game for the launch of PS5.What will probably happen is that backwards compatibility will be on the PS5 letting PD continue to work on GT Sport till they are ready for the inevitable GT7

People are being way too optimistic about a new GT in 2020,PD is all in on GT Sport and they will support it till the end of this gen,they won't have time to develop another major GT game for the launch of PS5.What will probably happen is that backwards compatibility will be on the PS5 letting PD continue to work on GT Sport till they are ready for the inevitable GT7
I respect your opinion but for me there are far enough proof that Poly is working actively on the next GT. Bringing cars, tracks and a couple of offline events each month doesn't require 100% of the workforce. Even more when the assets can be re use is the next game.

I doubt PD will be anywhere near organised enough to have GT7 out as a premiere release for the ps5 in 2020... I'd give them at least 2 yrs leeway, say 2022 at best.

I believe a possible scenario could be a GT Sport PS5 edition that would be for early adopters of the PS5. Evidently GT Sport was made more with the PS5 in mind than the PS4. The assets are in place but locked away due to the limitations of current hardware.

It would be the same game we have now but with some of those assets unlocked (mainly native 4k @ 60fps, better draw distance, etc... and perhaps even unlocking VR in Sport Mode). PS4 and PS5 players playing together with three graphic levels: Vanilla, Pro and 5.

I agree with most in that a hypothetical GT7 would probably not be seen until one or two years into the PS5.

It's kinda mind blowing that PD essentially "skipped" this entire console generation which will be 7 years in 2020. Yamauchi complained a lot about the architecture of the PS3, how hard it was to develop for, etc., but we still got GT5/6, which even today impress with the sheer scope, detail and amount of features included, such as Dynamic ToD/Weather, Track editor, B Spec, Data logger, Telemetry, Photo Travel, GT TV, the amount of tracks, NASCAR, WRC, randomly generated tracks, tesselated damage and car models, night sky simulation, 3D TV support, head tracking, triple screen, detailed city tracks, detailed photo locations and many more. GT Sport by comparison is a very basic, simple project, which is puzzling considering the straightforward easy to use PS4 architecture, 5 years of development and aside from very detailed graphics and a penalty system for online there just isn't much to it.

I respect your opinion but for me there are far enough proof that Poly is working actively on the next GT. Bringing cars, tracks and a couple of offline events each month doesn't require 100% of the workforce. Even more when the assets can be re use is the next game.

They will reuse assets but PD doesn't work like Turn 10,they won't make a new GT in 2 years.

I doubt PD will be anywhere near organised enough to have GT7 out as a premiere release for the ps5 in 2020... I'd give them at least 2 yrs leeway, say 2022 at best.
PD had a GT ready for PS4’s launch. It was Sony’s incompetence that meant it was launched on PS3. They’ll not make that mistake again.

The transition from PS3 to PS4 was a huge technological change. PS4 to PS5 will be more akin to a new PC upgrade. Current software running at higher resolutions, with better textures, effects etc. The massively improved CPU should facilitate larger grids and dynamic weather.

PD had a GT ready for PS4’s launch. It was Sony’s incompetence that meant it was launched on PS3. They’ll not make that mistake again.

The transition from PS3 to PS4 was a huge technological change. PS4 to PS5 will be more akin to a new PC upgrade. Current software running at higher resolutions, with better textures, effects etc. The massively improved CPU should facilitate larger grids and dynamic weather.

It's for that reason i think a GT7 won't come right away,PD could keep working on GTSport on the PS5 if Backwards Compatibility is in

It's for that reason i think a GT7 won't come right away,PD could keep working on GTSport on the PS5 if Backwards Compatibility is in
A 1 year launch window is realistic. But Sony will want a new GT out as soon as possible to generate revenue. Both in terms of game sales and DLC.

I haven't a played a GT game for a long time. Do someone know how many cars that used to be standard on GT6/5 are premium on GT Sport? When i was looking on GT6 Master Car List I counted 11 cars, then I come to GT Sport Master Car List but the OP doesn't indicate if a car used to be standard on previous GT Games. What I know is that Nissan R92CP is Premium on GT Sport.

I haven't a played a GT game for a long time. Do someone know how many cars that used to be standard on GT6/5 are premium on GT Sport? When i was looking on GT6 Master Car List I counted 11 cars, then I come to GT Sport Master Car List but the OP doesn't indicate if a car used to be standard on previous GT Games. What I know is that Nissan R92CP is Premium on GT Sport.
Read through this
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-returning-standard-car-predictions.377064/

I know the Supra got updated to Premium going into GTS. Other than that, I'm not super sure. Your best shot might be to dig back through GTP's update news since they make a point of mentioning when a car being added in was previously Standard.

Edit: Treed by 05RX8.

Interesting post I just came across. The sound of the 787b in GTS isn't actually from a 787b.

The sound department of GT compared to other games are still a mystery to me.How can a dev team with a smaller budget(Race Room,Asseto Corsa) achieve realistic engine sounds and PD keeps playing catch up?I know PD has different priorities in development but i can't believe they can't pay for recordings in the same place other games record their sounds.

Is there an accurate wheel compatibility list? I’m about to sell my DFP that hasn’t been used since GT5p. It calibrates with the PS4, the D-pad doesn’t do anything which was expected. In GTS, the wheel calibrates to 200° mowed, and does nothing. Am I missing something here or is it not compatible?

Of course, Wikipedia says it is, imagine that.

How can a japanese company not have access to a real 787b but an american can?

Bolded is a huge jump to conclusions. They had to have access to the 787b to be able to model it for GT Sport (since they have to have a ton of pictures for reference). I suppose it was cheaper for them to have that guy's 4 rotor spun up than to bring the 787b out to run. That's just a theory, though.

Bolded is a huge jump to conclusions. They had to have access to the 787b to be able to model it for GT Sport (since they have to have a ton of pictures for reference). I suppose it was cheaper for them to have that guy's 4 rotor spun up than to bring the 787b out to run. That's just a theory, though.
They gathered references ages ago, like maybe in 2005 for the model itself, they didn't have a sound recording rig back then.

http://cedec-kyushu.jp/2018/session/07.html

"We continue to chase the CG representation of industrial products called cars, and have been moving from the automobile design industry to the game industry. The main business field is from handling CAD data to rendering expressions regardless of offline and real time."

CAD data like CAD data from manufacturers?! Two points:
First one, I'm surprised that manufacturers agree to share CAD data. Second one, it should be easier to bring recent cars to GTSport? Obviously, there are no CAD data for old cars so they still have to scan the car.

http://cedec-kyushu.jp/2018/session/07.html

"We continue to chase the CG representation of industrial products called cars, and have been moving from the automobile design industry to the game industry. The main business field is from handling CAD data to rendering expressions regardless of offline and real time."

CAD data like CAD data from manufacturers?! Two points:
First one, I'm surprised that manufacturers agree to share CAD data. Second one, it should be easier to bring recent cars to GTSport? Obviously, there are no CAD data for old cars so they still have to scan the car.
Once I read the article in GT6 homepage, and it said "Now we're able to get the CAD data from the car manufacturers." (This article cannot be found any longer because of the rebuilding of the GT homepage...)

The sound department of GT compared to other games are still a mystery to me.How can a dev team with a smaller budget(Race Room,Asseto Corsa) achieve realistic engine sounds and PD keeps playing catch up?I know PD has different priorities in development but i can't believe they can't pay for recordings in the same place other games record their sounds.

because from what a friend who worked on a racing game, lets call it BaceBoom, said, the sound guy basically just uses pure sound videos from youtube. I don't know about AC but I'm sure they do it the same way. Is it accurate? Maybe, maybe not. But it sounds better to the average person so why bother with actually recording the car.

because from what a friend who worked on a racing game, lets call it BaceBoom, said, the sound guy basically just uses pure sound videos from youtube. I don't know about AC but I'm sure they do it the same way. Is it accurate? Maybe, maybe not. But it sounds better to the average person so why bother with actually recording the car.

Bace Boom record sounds straight from youtube?And PD(and also Turn 10) record sounds straight from the car and it sounds worse?That's how this works?

Also i really want to play a game called Bace Boom :lol:

Did anyone here know or have any relation with this man? His passion, love and dedication for racing should be appreciated 👍 :cheers:

Edit : Added link to his Youtube channel if anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClZGGmW8TnkEB9lhjaURzNw

The fact that he can play this game is incredible. I'm also disabled but I can use the controller no problem. I can't imagine how difficult it must've been to learn the correct technique. It reminds me of another guy, who can do the same with a car. Steve Schmidt I think.

Back