Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Nothing...
Sure, Spa is one of the greatest real track and I don't want to sound ungrateful for all these crazy updates. I can race at Spa thanks to Forza but where am I supposed to find Autumn Ring, or any other classic GT track? Do they want to keep all these original tracks for the next GT?

I find it interesting for the future of GT.
https://wccftech.com/sony-exec-ps4-pro-necessary-evolution/
Warwick Light (Vice President & Managing Director for the UK, IE & Australasia at Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe since October 2016)
Buzzwords are one thing, what our players are demanding is another. There’s still a huge audience for games that offer the best in single player narrative with stunning gameplay, as witnessed by the enormous popularity of both Spider-Man and God of War in this year’s charts.

Last edited:
After a year of DLC, tend to think now the original tracks if they reappear will be carried over to the next GT game, PD focus seems to be with the real world tracks from previous GT, some seven odd tracks still remain.

Sure, Spa is one of the greatest real track and I don't want to sound ungrateful for all these crazy updates. I can race at Spa thanks to Forza but where am I supposed to find Autumn Ring, or any other classic GT track? Do they want to keep all these original tracks for the next GT?

Warwick Light (Vice President & Managing Director for the UK, IE & Australasia at Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe since October 2016)
Buzzwords are one thing, what our players are demanding is another. There’s still a huge audience for games that offer the best in single player narrative with stunning gameplay, as witnessed by the enormous popularity of both Spider-Man and God of War in this year’s charts.

PD is sleeping on that Gran Turismo Single Player Third Person Adventure Drama game

After a year of DLC, tend to think now the original tracks if they reappear will be carried over to the next GT game, PD focus seems to be with the real world tracks from previous GT, some seven odd tracks still remain.

They do focus on fantasy tracks just not the classic ones,i wonder if PD or Kaz is intentionally stalling the classic tracks development because of the vision for GT Sport which is burn everything to the ground and start over,the classic tracks are a relic of the past and GTS is the new,from a artistic standpoint it makes sense(and we all know Kaz loves to make decisions based on artistic merit),the last interview he talked about the classic tracks he said it was difficult to remake them into GTSport because they need to follow modern track regulations.

Not sure if someone knows and if this is the right please but is there a way to remove pictures from your gallery at once? I want to clean up and simply reset the gallery to 0 pics. Any help would be appreciated.

They do focus on fantasy tracks just not the classic ones,i wonder if PD or Kaz is intentionally stalling the classic tracks development because of the vision for GT Sport which is burn everything to the ground and start over,the classic tracks are a relic of the past and GTS is the new,from a artistic standpoint it makes sense(and we all know Kaz loves to make decisions based on artistic merit),the last interview he talked about the classic tracks he said it was difficult to remake them into GTSport because they need to follow modern track regulations.
The classic tracks were a long tunnel in terms of design (walls or tree walls everywhere). Though, there's something I don't understand. Circuit de Sainte-Croix or the Tokyo Expressway tracks are bigger, more complex than a track like Midfield Raceway or Apricot Hill Raceway.

I've been looking to do that as well. Sadly, deleting one by one, looks to be the only way.

That is actually not what I hoped for....So bloody annoying to delete + 2000 pics manually. Well I think I simply leave it like it is then. Bummer :ill:

Has the rate that fuel goes into your car at a pit stop (offline) changed recently? I was doing roughly 1:30s around Interlagos and after pitting for almost a full tank of fuel that lap time was a 3:18. So if you say a tyre change is 5 seconds and about 10 is coming into the pits plus crossing the line after the stop.

That leaves roughly 90ish seconds for about 96 litres. So is the fuel flow rate now a second for every litre?

The classic tracks were a long tunnel in terms of design (walls or tree walls everywhere). Though, there's something I don't understand. Circuit de Sainte-Croix or the Tokyo Expressway tracks are bigger, more complex than a track like Midfield Raceway or Apricot Hill Raceway.

But they made them from the ground up,no sentimental value like the older tracks,i think PD knows that if Trial Mountain looks too different on PS4 no one would be satisfied,they want to keep it as close as the original but the problem is that the original doesn't work with modern track regulations.

Has the rate that fuel goes into your car at a pit stop (offline) changed recently? I was doing roughly 1:30s around Interlagos and after pitting for almost a full tank of fuel that lap time was a 3:18. So if you say a tyre change is 5 seconds and about 10 is coming into the pits plus crossing the line after the stop.

That leaves roughly 90ish seconds for about 96 litres. So is the fuel flow rate now a second for every litre?
Sadly yes. Not a fan of this change at to be honest. Because of this sometimes I had to decrease the fuel depletion whenever I do races in Custom Race mode.

Old or recent pic?
"Meeting the creator of Gran Turismo Kazunori Yamauchi play the beta version of the new game was a highlight while in Tokyo this time.."

Old or recent pic?
"Meeting the creator of Gran Turismo Kazunori Yamauchi play the beta version of the new game was a highlight while in Tokyo this time.."

They are racing on Fuji so definetly not a old pic.But i wouldn't look much into the "new game" and "beta" there might be some miscomunnication there,maybe those pics were taken before Fuji released.

Last edited:
Old or recent pic?

*GT1 flashbacks*
Xfl6rbvE0EE.jpg

-
I think he meant new version of the game with January patch

Interested in GTS switch from GT6. I have some worries, tried sniffing though but lots and lots of post.

I heard you need to be connected to PSN to save the game, does this mean I need to buy a PSN yearly service just to play the game and save my game or does the ps4 just need to be connected to the internet like for game updates?

Is there enough single player content to enjoy? At least as much as is other GT like GT6. I mean carreer mode not online racing. Can I run arcade races and time trials like gt6 maybe with more options like tire wear and fuel consumption.

Are ALL vgt cars featured like the srt and chaparal? Plus new ones, do they all have interiors?

Sorry so many questions. But I want to buy the ps4 & GTS but do I also got to budget in another 100$ for psn network just to save the game is biggest issue.

Seems GTS is a step up in the series but this must be connected to save thing is weird, like paying 100$ a year for priveledge to save game :/

Interested in GTS switch from GT6. I have some worries, tried sniffing though but lots and lots of post.

I heard you need to be connected to PSN to save the game, does this mean I need to buy a PSN yearly service just to play the game and save my game or does the ps4 just need to be connected to the internet like for game updates?

Is there enough single player content to enjoy? At least as much as is other GT like GT6. I mean carreer mode not online racing. Can I run arcade races and time trials like gt6 maybe with more options like tire wear and fuel consumption.

Are ALL vgt cars featured like the srt and chaparal? Plus new ones, do they all have interiors?

Sorry so many questions. But I want to buy the ps4 & GTS but do I also got to budget in another 100$ for psn network just to save the game is biggest issue.

Seems GTS is a step up in the series but this must be connected to save thing is weird, like paying 100$ a year for priveledge to save game :/

Connection only needed to save the game. No PS Plus needed. You'll need it for Lobbies and Sport mode tho, but that's quite obvious

As for single player: missions are fun, track experience and driving school modes are way easier than they were in GT5 in my opinion, and the GT League campaign is somewhat average: not bad, but not particularly good either

All VGTs are featured afaik + new ones, exclusive to GT Sport only

It is a step up: physics are much better than GT5/6, but you might find single player not as rewarding as it was in previous GTs. Multiplayer is fun

Imo, switch if you need online experience (since GT6 lobbies are closed down), stay if you fancy singleplayer only

They are racing on Fuji so definetly not a old pic.But i wouldn't look much into the "new game" and "beta" there might be some miscomunnication there,maybe those pics were taken before Fuji released.
Look at the comments, it could be anything.

Don't forget Read Dead Redemption 2.

Look at the comments, it could be anything.

what in tarnation,is the guy using a beta version of the next update?Otherwise i don't know what the hell he's talking about.

Don't forget Read Dead Redemption 2.

Oh yeah the niche text adventure Read Dead Redemption 2 :lol:,i think God of War is even more impressive than RDR2 because God of War is not open world and single player games with amazing graphics and no Open world are a bit rare nowadays,Wolfenstein,Prey and Evil Within 2 are good examples but they all bombed.

Connection only needed to save the game. No PS Plus needed. You'll need it for Lobbies and Sport mode tho, but that's quite obvious

As for single player: missions are fun, track experience and driving school modes are way easier than they were in GT5 in my opinion, and the GT League campaign is somewhat average: not bad, but not particularly good either

All VGTs are featured afaik + new ones, exclusive to GT Sport only

It is a step up: physics are much better than GT5/6, but you might find single player not as rewarding as it was in previous GTs. Multiplayer is fun

Imo, switch if you need online experience (since GT6 lobbies are closed down), stay if you fancy singleplayer only

That's the conundrum I'm in lol

Im more interested in single player for now

However GT6 physics quirks, sound for 90% of cars and lack of ability to set up good races in Arcade mode. Some good S events but too few pp classes still only place for tire wear n fuel consumption.

I also seen a video if dude building a sweet 200z that's not a darn standard car :/ I want to drive some new cars too :/

PS+ was $40 a year for the Black Friday sales. 11 cents a day. I still can't believe I am reading about people that think it's too much...

17c a day at full price... Jeez!

what in tarnation,is the guy using a beta version of the next update?Otherwise i don't know what the hell he's talking about.
Yep, I guess he's playing the new event in GT league for Kei cars... Seriously, what's the point to film Kaz for a simple update?

PS+ was $40 a year for the Black Friday sales. 11 cents a day. I still can't believe I am reading about people that think it's too much...

17c a day at full price... Jeez!

Budgets are budgets. Looking for console + game + controller - thinking bout a wheel.....

Add it all up + life didn't just stop rest of Xmas to deal with only got so much loot atm

Back