Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Well Here's some more crying for ya!
I have to vent. I prop this game up to all my friends and whoever will listen. That changed as of a minute ago.

Tonight was ridiculous in every way. I read about the horror of the penalty system and shrugged it off because it never hit home to me personally. Tonight all that changed. I started as a C driver with an almost perfect SR rating S for as long as I’ve been playing GTS. After NOT hitting a soul tonight and absorbing penalty after penalty, with nary a soul around, I’m in last place, race after race. It’s as if I’m on some kind of naughty list. No clue… I had people around me scratching their heads saying what????

Here’s my take away after 4 months: I trusted BOP would even the score in that they restrict us from making modification per our preferred style. That is a load of ____! Mitsubishi is by far NOT equal to the others. Nor was Ferrari last year. Oh but PD has the best and brightest test driving…wow...I am curious what these dudes are pulling in a year. You win PD, the jokes on me for picking Mitsu. My fault and I’m certain Mitsubishi Corp. is happy too! I should be a lemming and just go with the heard right? Pick Porsche or Ford or whatever the top 10 are picking. Total joke.

The other is this ridiculous penalty system. NOT the way IMSA or any other racing league (including FIA) operates. Who are these “stewards” you employ? They suck

Why is it F1 by Codemasters doesn’t have the same penalty system?

I’m absolutely disenfranchised now that I am a D, and for no apparent reason. It takes far too much of my time to graduate to a C so, because I am gainfully employed and have little time for folly, I believe this is it for me.

If I were CEO of the PD operation, I’d demand the crew fix the penalty system and don’t rest until it’s done…period. So frustrated right now I cannot describe.

You know what, I need to follow this up with a thought. In an article I read recently, it was mentioned that the reason tuning was taken away was directly related to the fact that the younger generation has no earthly clue how an LSD functions or Down Force, or any other mechanical characteristic of a RACE car. So are we raising idiots? Shouldn’t they have a great forum to learn? And thereby create smarter people?

PD, give back the ability to adjust our tuning, leave the BOP for the ignorant who want to remain ignorant and lose as a result. That is only fair. Plus its realistic right?

Good luck to whoever accepts that job, I sense lots of whining and moaning going their way because PD didn't include a certain car or track.

Same with all games really. GTA5 facebook page is a classic example. There isn't any content locked behind DLC and it isn't pay to win(although the economy is questionable) and people will still complain, despite most vehicles on peoples wishlists ending up on the game at some point or another.

The issue I see with a social media manager for PD is that unless they are empowered to ask people for feedback then I don't see it being particularly valuable to the player base - unless PD are more open about upcoming content.

You know what, I need to follow this up with a thought. In an article I read recently, it was mentioned that the reason tuning was taken away was directly related to the fact that the younger generation has no earthly clue how an LSD functions or Down Force, or any other mechanical characteristic of a RACE car. So are we raising idiots? Shouldn’t they have a great forum to learn? And thereby create smarter people?

Where did you read this? I am curious.

The issue I have with tuning is that the descriptions for adjustments and their expected effects could be communicated better.

I've felt historically that GT has been pretty poor in describing what each component adjustment actually does, and then critically linking that description to the numbers in front of the player. GT Sport is an improvement on previous games in this regard, but it could be better.

Some settings also don't make sense, like rear bias brakes making the Huracan Gr4 understeer.

The biggest issue for tuning is that GT needs to, and does, appeal to people who want to pick up and play. Project Cars doesn't, and sales suffer as a result.

Last edited:
In an article I read recently, it was mentioned that the reason tuning was taken away was directly related to the fact that the younger generation has no earthly clue how an LSD functions or Down Force, or any other mechanical characteristic of a RACE car. So are we raising idiots?

Dude,most people who drive in real life has no idea how to tune a car in Gran Turismo,its not only a kids problem,it's a casual player problem.PD thought it would give a unfair advantage in the races which is fair.But i do think there should be a separate race slot, Race D,it would be longer races with tuning on.

The biggest issue for tuning is that GT needs to, and does, appeal to people who want to pick up and play. Project Cars doesn't, and sales suffer as a result.

Also this,GT became popular because of casual players who had no idea how to tune their car but enjoyed the game anyway(because you didn't need to setup your car to beat an AI in GT4).

Dude,most people who drive in real life has no idea how to tune a car in Gran Turismo,its not only a kids problem,it's a casual player problem.PD thought it would give a unfair advantage in the races which is fair.But i do think there should be a separate race slot, Race D,it would be longer races with tuning on.

Also this,GT became popular because of casual players who had no idea how to tune their car but enjoyed the game anyway(because you didn't need to setup your car to beat an AI in GT4).
I totally see your point and do agree with the logic behind it. I think you also understand where I’m coming from. I like the idea of longer races with tuning on. That would be awesome.

Same with all games really. GTA5 facebook page is a classic example. There isn't any content locked behind DLC and it isn't pay to win(although the economy is questionable) and people will still complain, despite most vehicles on peoples wishlists ending up on the game at some point or another.

The issue I see with a social media manager for PD is that unless they are empowered to ask people for feedback then I don't see it being particularly valuable to the player base - unless PD are more open about upcoming content.

Where did you read this? I am curious.

The issue I have with tuning is that the descriptions for adjustments and their expected effects could be communicated better.

I've felt historically that GT has been pretty poor in describing what each component adjustment actually does, and then critically linking that description to the numbers in front of the player. GT Sport is an improvement on previous games in this regard, but it could be better.

Some settings also don't make sense, like rear bias brakes making the Huracan Gr4 understeer.

I read it here , it was an interview with GTplanet and Kaz. I can dig it up but it will take a minute

Last edited by a moderator:
The lack of tuning for sport mode is down to taking one variable out of the equation for races and putting more focus on the driver's ability.

Also makes BoP easier to deal with, although there are cars that suffer because the default setup doesn't work well for it.

I totally see your point and do agree with the logic behind it. I think you also understand where I’m coming from. I like the idea of longer races with tuning on. That would be awesome.

Dude don't get me wrong i totally agree with you,if i would have it my way Race C in GTS would be with tuning on and 40 lap races but you gotta be realistic about this stuff.GT still survives on casual players who want a sim racing challenge and while GT does alot that turn the casual audience off(threw out the classic campaigns no offline,tire wear,fuel wear) it still holds back to give new players a hand.There has to be compromises

The lack of tuning for sport mode is down to taking one variable out of the equation for races and putting more focus on the driver's ability.

Also makes BoP easier to deal with, although there are cars that suffer because the default setup doesn't work well for it.

Yes you said in one sentence what i tried to say with a lenghty text :lol:,but i don't understand why PD won't give experienced players a race slot,they wouldn't need to worry about BoP if players with the know-how had their own corner

Turn Daily Races Back on for Slot A,B and C.Slot D would have one track that would stay for a week so people could have the time to tune their own cars for it.If you wanna go all the way have people qualify their times for Race D all week and on weekends you can enter a 1 hour race.It's another way to keep the hardcore coming back.

cmon PD i'm giving you free ideas.

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement to switch throttle control a few pages back. Got my first pole position today. I still hammer l2 sometimes in a panic but it feels mostly natural now. Gotta go back and gold all those that were tough as a rookie 2 months ago.

Question: What are the benefits for doing Daily races? Do they increase your ranking or something?

Yes. Considerably.

Although FIA races have more of an impact, Daily Races certainly help. For example, the rank of S+ can only be achieved by those that fulfilled the Top 100 drivers in their respective nations; that can only be achieved during the FIA seasons.

Furthermore the true grind starts once you've hit a Driver Rating of B. The gap from B to A is considerably larger than from C to B and any of the lower pairs. The gap from A to A+ is even larger and the rank from A+ to S is even more so. If you were to do only Daily Races to achieve the S ranking it would take you a considerable amount of time. Qualifying Top 10, podium finishing or even winning during an FIA race greatly improves your progress.

Kinda been seeing Gran Turismo all over for years, not sure to expect every car with a Gran Turismo logo to end up in GTSport tho or we would have hundreds more cars wouldn't we.

Doesn't GT have a sponsorship or something with Pikes Peak? I remember the Bentley Bentayga had the windshield graphic. And there was a GT3 RS with one too at Goodwood last year.

Doesn't GT have a sponsorship or something with Pikes Peak? I remember the Bentley Bentayga had the windshield graphic. And there was a GT3 RS with one too at Goodwood last year.

Yeah I see it often. Didn't the VW Pikes Peak record setter have the Gran Turismo window banner

Then again it would only be a mere Gr. X car...

Yeah, but it’s a formula car, so it’d really on be competitive against itself anyways. That’s exactly what Gr. X is for.

I don’t think it’s any more than a sponsorship (like the GT banners at Nurburgring 24hr), but it’d be a good inclusion if it is in fact an upcoming car.

How about having option choosing engine supplier in the game.
Performance is near identical. They could just offer a single car with option for Toyota or Honda. Much like you choose team cars after buying a race car.

Community could paint the rest of the SF grid.

Last edited:
GTS FiA event in Paris from 14th March - 18th March
Dz3LHiWVsAAlrx5.jpg

Back