• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Please come back, Mitsubishi GTO.

Please come back, 370 Z.

Please come back, Midget II.

Please come back, XJ220.
Please come back, Phaeton!

489236.jpg

I'm looking at the Grid's car list and it's got almost all GTEs, some DPis, Australian Supercars and so on... I'm kinda sad that we haven't gotten these current race cars in GT Sport.

I'm looking at the Grid's car list and it's got almost all GTEs, some DPis, Australian Supercars and so on... I'm kinda sad that we haven't gotten these current race cars in GT Sport.

Somewhere out there, a GRID player wishes with all his heart that the Plymouth Ghia XNR would be added to his game.

Lol, jk. That would never happen

Come to think of it, what other Daihatsu models do you think should come/return to the series? I think the 2nd-gen Copen should be one, since the RJ VGT is based on it. I also think the OFC-1 Concept is likely to return since it was a premium car in the PS3 games. But aside from these and the Midget II, I wonder what else you think would be good picks, while also following this more discretionary approach of which cars appear in a title.

EDIT: I think the Daihatsu Charade and its respective Group B rally car could be good ideas, as well as the old P5 race car.

EDIT2: Unrelated, but I also really like the aesthetic of the Nissan Figaro...

Last edited:
Come to think of it, what other Daihatsu models do you think should come/return to the series? I think the 2nd-gen Copen should be one, since the RJ VGT is based on it. I also think the OFC-1 Concept is likely to return since it was a premium car in the PS3 games. But aside from these and the Midget II, I wonder what else you think would be good picks, while also following this more discretionary approach of which cars appear in a title.

EDIT: I think the Daihatsu Charade and its respective Group B rally car could be good ideas, as well as the old P5 race car.

EDIT2: Unrelated, but I also really like the aesthetic of the Nissan Figaro...
Perhaps, this one? Just kidding. :lol:

daihatsu-feroza-pics-19701.jpg

Race 2 fraga got penalties for hit another car finish 9th. The race 3 the last race he finish in P1 to win in the redbull ring.

Look like kaz happy

Some familiar names on that grid. Son of R. Schumacher and grandson of E. Fittipaldi. :eek:

Miracle driver, Flörsch from the back to 5th was impressive too.

Last edited:
Mitsubishi's low count in DLC cars (1) is a bit perplexing. Then again, I said something similar about Chevrolet last fall when all we had gotten up to that point was the '69 Stingway. There has to be something in the DLC pipeline, even if it's an Eclipse or FTO. Still, the GTO would be the most fitting given the JDM additions of rival manufacturers.
This, from a while back
https://www.gtplanet.net/a-mitsubishi-starion-is-reportedly-coming-to-the-next-gran-turismo/

Last month we had hype about cars, rain & Silverstone. Despite not getting two of those three it seems to have been a well received update.

We’re heading into a bit of a no-mans land now. No leaks, no hints.......even the rain update seems to be on the back burner.

Would be cool to finally get a Silverstone, Spa or Laguna Seca. A few Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3 cars, plus the rain update. I suspect it’s also time for a few classic Le Mans cars like the GT-One, R390 & Minolta Toyota.

Last month we had hype about cars, rain & Silverstone. Despite not getting two of those three it seems to have been a well received update.

We’re heading into a bit of a no-mans land now. No leaks, no hints.......even the rain update seems to be on the back burner.

Would be cool to finally get a Silverstone, Spa or Laguna Seca. A few Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3 cars, plus the rain update. I suspect it’s also time for a few classic Le Mans cars like the GT-One, R390 & Minolta Toyota.
We can all dream right?

So far of all the tracks we’ve gotten I believe only one arrived along side a real-world event, that being Le Mans. I think Catalunya was close to a 24 hour race, and I don’t remember exactly where Autopolis fell relative to the Super GT and Super Formula calendar, but regardless, it appears real world events haven’t been an indicator of new content.

BUT

The Spa 24H happens at the end of this month. Maybe PD has been able to sort out the licensing stuff?

There really isn’t a lot of leads on content. All we know about is stuff we’ve know for months (or years), three SEMA winners still scanned but yet to arrive, rumors of Chris Forsberg’s drift 370Z, rumors of a Lamborghini Espada, a Mitsubishi (forgot the model), and maybe Pagani (can’t remember if the leaks of engine recordings were for use on the Zonda R or if there’s another car rumored to have been scanned), and then the rumors of a/some/all Formula E car(s). All tracks that have been rumored (with substance) have either arrived or have had updates on development or licensing status, except for maybe Deep Forest (but that’s still not shown up after what, a year and a half since Kaz last talked about it?). All we can really do is guess which GT5/6 premiums will inevitably return and perhaps also a remodeled standard or two and a new-to-franchise vehicle. ...Or Toyota.

If there’s an update coming this month we’ve probably got another week and a half minimum before we get some sort of teaser.

Back