Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I pretty much started playing this at the end of May 2019...

Is someone still playing GTS in 2019? I'm thinking of buying it and I've read through some test articles like https://www.tachotv.de/produkt/gran-turismo-sport-test/ this one for example and they still say that it is a good game to play also in 2019. What do you guys think?

For $20, this is absolutely a blast to enjoy...
My lateSt gifts: (for golding all my driving tests)
7142806938712047644_0.jpg

My 7/17/19 daily work out gift:
7133799741536601116_0.jpg

If you love cars... You just cannot miss this

David lap guid.

Notice how the hand and arm position are relax and NOT stiff while driving...

I hate to see people driving in the sims and their set up, and EVEN in real life with their arms extended all straight out and Gripping to death the wheel .... People drive their cars as if they are flying the Millennium Falcon... Thats not how to drive...

Driving is definitely a dying art as more people turn to autonomous cars...

But please, everyone... Your driving seating position should be relaxed and arms bend down... Don't sit too far back, not too close to the wheel...

/PSA

Last edited:
I did have an idea for arcade mode, and Time Trials. Instead of having the Circuit Experience in GTS, the AMG Academy in GT5, nor the various Senna events in GT6, the Time Trial mode as a whole could combine those three while also bringing back the time trial challenges seen in GT3, wherein each course layout could have a record set by a famous driver (either in the FIAGTCs, PD staff, or otherwise) in a given car, and you have to beat that record using the same car. The settings, obviously, would be disabled. Perhaps it could be more of a "Time Trial Challenge" sub-mode? (Alternatively, the mode we know as "time trial" was named "Free Run" in GT3, while the challenges were the ones collectively called "Time Trial," so maybe that naming could return.) But anyway, you could have challenges such as the following:

-All three Senna challenges from GT6, respectively for the 80s versions of Monza, Silverstone, and Brands Hatch Indy.

-Depending on which tracks & cars return, some of the original challenges from GT3 (set by PD staff) could also return, at least in spirit. So for example, at Laguna Seca, you could be tasked with using the Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe instead of the GTS-R Concept.

-Other famous records and pole-setting times, such as the GT-R (R35) '07 record from GT5.

So you could have "Free Run" where you can pick any car and any track, and use that to set times, effectively being your Time Trial mode. (You would, of course, obtain a trophy for getting gold on all of these time trials.) But I also wonder what people thought of GT3's Single Race mode, wherein there was a progression of its own? I'm not too sure - on one hand, it does seem to add some legs to arcade mode, which is more than I can say for the Single Races in GTS where you don't really get anything for clearing races on harder difficulties. But on the other hand, it seems like more work than it'd be worth, for both the developer and player sides of things, and that online play and customization of the modes within it may be better.

I also wonder how Quick Match from GT6 could return? I.e. what could Quick Match do that Daily Races wouldn't be able to do? Perhaps Quick Match races could provide a different set of races for unranked play, to contrast with the ranked play in the Daily Races?

I did have an idea for arcade mode, and Time Trials. Instead of having the Circuit Experience in GTS, the AMG Academy in GT5, nor the various Senna events in GT6, the Time Trial mode as a whole could combine those three while also bringing back the time trial challenges seen in GT3, wherein each course layout could have a record set by a famous driver (either in the FIAGTCs, PD staff, or otherwise) in a given car, and you have to beat that record using the same car. The settings, obviously, would be disabled. Perhaps it could be more of a "Time Trial Challenge" sub-mode? (Alternatively, the mode we know as "time trial" was named "Free Run" in GT3, while the challenges were the ones collectively called "Time Trial," so maybe that naming could return.) But anyway, you could have challenges such as the following:

-All three Senna challenges from GT6, respectively for the 80s versions of Monza, Silverstone, and Brands Hatch Indy.

-Depending on which tracks & cars return, some of the original challenges from GT3 (set by PD staff) could also return, at least in spirit. So for example, at Laguna Seca, you could be tasked with using the Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe instead of the GTS-R Concept.

-Other famous records and pole-setting times, such as the GT-R (R35) '07 record from GT5.

So you could have "Free Run" where you can pick any car and any track, and use that to set times, effectively being your Time Trial mode. (You would, of course, obtain a trophy for getting gold on all of these time trials.) But I also wonder what people thought of GT3's Single Race mode, wherein there was a progression of its own? I'm not too sure - on one hand, it does seem to add some legs to arcade mode, which is more than I can say for the Single Races in GTS where you don't really get anything for clearing races on harder difficulties. But on the other hand, it seems like more work than it'd be worth, for both the developer and player sides of things, and that online play and customization of the modes within it may be better.

I also wonder how Quick Match from GT6 could return? I.e. what could Quick Match do that Daily Races wouldn't be able to do? Perhaps Quick Match races could provide a different set of races for unranked play, to contrast with the ranked play in the Daily Races?
So... Time Attack from GT3?

Hey everyone! So, almost a year ago, GTPlanet reposted on its Facebook page my first video ever to make into YouTube, so it became very popular (almost 12k views, it's a lot for me :D) and right after it, lots of people have asked me to do a "sequel" for this video. It basically consists of recreating Gran Turismo 3's track selection menu using only GT Sport stuff. I really hope you guys enjoy it, took me 8 hours to make everything.

Oh, and thanks GTP for sharing my first video! :gtpflag:

My Peter Tingle feels a 959 coming. With the Porsches that have debuted, I can see the 918 and Carrera GT making it, but for gtp votes, the 959 has the most at 23. I mean, the 356 Prototype in the Suggestions, just has 1 more vote than the 959. We'll see.

What we really need from Porsche, as any acceptaple car game should have one - is 911 964..

What we really need from Porsche, as any acceptaple car game should have one - is 911 964..
Porsche models would have been in Gran Turismo games for a long time already if not for the existence of EA or its exclusive licensing crap.

Back