Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Congratulation to @Igor Fraga for the win in this fantastic race 3 at Red Bull Ring. What a race ..... :cheers::bowdown:
50_3podio25.jpg

When you have names like Nannini, Schumacher and Fittipaldi, it's quite an accomplishment...

8431380701000007708_11.jpg

8431380693081162772_11.jpg

8430817742991426588_11.jpg

Top requested cars in this community and it seems like they've fallen to the wayside. I'm not expecting the 4,000 odd members, that voted for all five to respond, but it just seems like they're gathering virtual dust in players' garages.

Other than one or two odd gt planet online racing leagues, the gtp general population, have moved on.

E30: (I've read on here)Many players are unhappy with its handling.
A80 Supra: I don't see it setting any records in N300 FIA events. I've actually used it once in the Nations Dragon Trail Seaside event, when the F50 debuted. Also, in the N300 90's JDM Daily Races.
I see the F50 used a lot, but only due to the weirdness of it being de-tuned, as a META in FIA Nations.
(I've read on here)LaFerrari gets a bad wrap, because "the brakes suck".
Only one member I know, has probably run the most miles(than any one player) in the P1 GTR, across all games that have a P1 GTR.

I use the E30 often. The Supra, other than the times I mentioned above, not so much after the Real Circuit Tours were added. The Super/Hyper cars didn't get used by me at all until, I did some TT laps at Sardegna yesterday. Which brought me to write this post.

Top requested cars in this community and it seems like they've fallen to the wayside. I'm not expecting the 4,000 odd members, that voted for all five to respond, but it just seems like they're gathering virtual dust in players' garages.

Other than one or two odd gt planet online racing leagues, the gtp general population, have moved on.

A80 Supra: I don't see it setting any records in N300 FIA events. I've actually used it once in the Nations Dragon Trail Seaside event, when the F50 debuted. Also, in the N300 90's JDM Daily Races.
I see the F50 used a lot, but only due to the weirdness of it being de-tuned, as a META in FIA Nations.
Only one member I know, has probably run the most miles(than any one player) in the P1 GTR, across all games that have a P1 GTR.

I use the E30 often. The Supra, other than the times I mentioned above, not so much after the Real Circuit Tours were added. The Super/Hyper cars didn't get used by me at all until, I did some TT laps at Sardegna yesterday. Which brought me to write this post.
I really like driving the '89 BMW. I'm always hoping it's the car when an N200 race is upcoming. It's got just enough oversteer to have fun, but won't spin out on you without warning. 👍

To note, I've used the A80 Supra quite a lot during my playtime in GT Sport so far since buying it. I just tend to only play offline modes, I never been one to do online racing. The same went for the Ferrari F50 oddly enough.

Excuse me Sir, but the E30 is my #1 car in my garage.
It is the first car I bought right away...
And it drives flawlessly, I tweaked it as I would in real life, making the suspension just a tad tighter...

My go to car to learn a track and set a reference time.

8503455887213463080_23.jpg

7134296648323432476_0.jpg

Right now, the Ford GT40 though is probably my most driven vehicle in my garage since I now have joined the huge list of people grinding for money on Blue Moon Bay. :lol:

Which is fine though as that's one of my favorite cars ever, so it works out.

EDIT:
It´s a common font, Futura Bold condensed and regular condensed.
Oh, I think I have that. Thanks.

The BMW E30 is hands down my #1 car.
I think it handles and behaves just perfectly with just a few subtle tweaks.
I have no idea of the mileage I’ve put on it though. But, It is my most driven car. I test all tracks with this car first and I race it a boatload in my lobbies.
It’s hasn’t fallen by the wayside by me. It’s an absolute dream!

As to the other cars. They do collect dust in my garage. I only voted for the Bimmer so I guess I’m not surprised by that. :lol: :cheers:

Interesting post.

I don't race online, but in terms of offline, I am not on GTS as much at the moment due to summer and being outside more. When I am playing, I tend to work through the new cars with each update. Then, when I finish with those, I move on to cars I haven't driven for a while, usually picking a car at random using the fab Kudosprime website.

This month, though, the A80 Supra and new Supra will be next in line for me, basically all because of Paddy Mcguiness last weekend :lol:

It’s a 1-2 combo of Gr.X being very limited in Single Player, and PD never having one-make Sport Mode races with anything over ~N400

If you can’t use the P1 GTR in a single GT League race, or race it against anything except itself ... AND, PD never puts it in Sport Mode - what is the point of its existence? Scapes & Time Trials?

It’s a 1-2 combo of Gr.X being very limited in Single Player, and PD never having one-make Sport Mode races with anything over ~N400

If you can’t use the P1 GTR in a single GT League race, or race it against anything except itself ... AND, PD never puts it in Sport Mode - what is the point of its existence? Scapes & Time Trials?

I think the P1 was used once in Sport Mode, on debut in Race C.
No doubt that's one of the factors. I had a browse of the top 20 cars that have been Confirmed from the Suggestions, sorted by Likes.

1 - E30
2 - Supra
3 - P1
4 - LaFerrari
5 - F50
6 - 4C
7 - Huracan LP 610
8 - 22B
9 - F-Type R
10 - Sesto Elemento
11 - Pantera '71
12 - Veneno
13 - RC F '14
14 - Mustang GT
15 - Vulcan
16 - Hurucan GT3
17 - AE86
18 - S660
19 - NSX '92
20 - AMG GT3

Funnily enough, the AMG GT3 is the last car on the 10th page. It's probably the most used car on this list, worldwide even, for the reason you mentioned.

Edit: After the AMG GT3, a further three pages back, find the E-Type and MR2 GTS(they haven't been marked as confirmed but, are in the game).

Last edited:
I think the P1 was used once in Sport Mode, on debut in Race C.
No doubt that's one of the factors. I had a browse of the top 20 cars that have been Confirmed from the Suggestions, sorted by Likes.

1 - E30
2 - Supra
3 - P1
4 - LaFerrari
5 - F50
6 - 4C
7 - Huracan LP 610
8 - 22B
9 - F-Type R
10 - Sesto Elemento
11 - Pantera '71
12 - Veneno
13 - RC F '14
14 - Mustang GT
15 - Vulcan
16 - Hurucan GT3
17 - AE86
18 - S660
19 - NSX '92
20 - AMG GT3

Funnily enough, the AMG GT3 is the last car on the 10th page. It's probably the most used car on this list, worldwide even, for the reason you mentioned.
There is no Lambo Sesto Elemento in GTS.

Yes it was great to see a Premium Supra and E30 M3 being added all those months ago, but I got more excitement from the inclusion of the Pantera. I never thought I would be driving one in Gran Turismo. I kept asking myself, am I really driving a Pantera? Is this real? Thank goodness it is.

I love the inclusion of the E30 M3. It was originally my go to N300 car before the 996 GT3's appearance via last years September update. I remember doing a 40 lap custom race around Tsukuba with N300 cars and using the E30 M3 and it was fun.

F50. Another car that I like using especially in the La Festa Cavallino GT League event. But in custom N-class races its also my go to car alongside the 991 GT3 RS.

As for the hypers, the P1 GTR I kinda use it from time to time when I feel like doing a duel in some high speed tracks that favor the P1 GTR. LaFerrari I haven't bought it yet.

Interesting post.

So, this year, the Goodwood Road Course events were sponsored by Gran Turismo (don't know about the hill climb) but the Arena where they did the drifting was sponsored by Forza Horizon 4. Goodwood: where car lovers from all over can just enjoy cars.

Is someone still playing GTS in 2019? I'm thinking of buying it and I've read through some test articles like https://www.tachotv.de/produkt/gran-turismo-sport-test/ this one for example and they still say that it is a good game to play also in 2019. What do you guys think?

Yes! It's still good to buy it. Lot's of people play in sport mode. Aproxx about 50 thousands per day. So answer yourself :)

Back