Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Happy new owner of a supercar :P

Plus jamais a la queue leu leu...

Désormais toujours en tête de queue... :sly: ;)

👍

Nice car buddy, can you please show us more? Although this is not a thread but a new car day is worthy enough...

With this car, you never will be again having to in the back of traffic lines... :embarrassed:

I have faith that PD will continue to choose the classic wisely. Ultimately, I think PD still feel they have some unfinished business in terms of upgrading various GT6 cars to 4K. Once that hurdle is more or less out of the way, more noteworthy cars from recent years could start appearing, possibly clashing with the release of the next GT game. In that case, perfect timing.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully it actually happens or I'll be a little mad.

I'll limit this to premium cars...

2006 Aston Martin DB9 Coupe
The 2008 DBS stole the spotlight and should replace this.

2008 Audi RS6 Avant
Has aged to the point where it should be replaced by a newer RS6 model.

2007 Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury
GT6 has two XKR models that are more worthy of revival.

2006 Ferrari 599 Fiorano
Too clumsy compared to the vastly improved 599 GTO version.

2007 Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z
Not a classic and GTS already has a newer model.

2002 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG
Doesn't stand out in history and should be replaced by a newer and better alternative from AMG.

2006 Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP
For GTS it would make more sense to bring back the Infiniti G35 and Skyline Coupe 370GT. For a direct replacement PD should consider the new Skyline sedan.

2007 Suzuki Cervo SR
No comment. PD should try to add the new Suzuki Swift Sport.
Let me add a few more:

2008 Mercedes C63
(
Replace with 2014 version, potentially a 2 door)

2011 Cadillac CTS-V
(
Replace with 2016 version)

2005 Citroen C4 Coupe

(No longer relevant in the market)

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
(
Replace by 2019 version or left out completely)

2003 BMW Z4
(Outdated and not worth reviving)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
(Already have the 2016 version)

AEM S2000

(No longer relevant or necessary)

2006 Alfa Romeo Brera
(
Awful car without any significance, other than an appearance on Top Gear)

2007 BMW 135i

(Replace with 235i or M2)

2009 Honda Insight

(Terrible vehicle without any fanbase)

2008 Ferrari California

(Replace with California T)

2008 Fiat 500

(We only need the Abarth version)

2006 Ford Focus ST

2013 Ford Focus ST

(Both have been succeeded)

2006 Infiniti Coupe Concept

(An old relic without much importance)

2007 Peugeot 207 GTi

(Succeeded by the 208 GTi)

2004 Peugeot 307 CC :crazy:

(I never want to see this car again)

2013 Range Rover Evoque

(It's an SUV... What more can you say?)

2011 Renault Clio R.S

(Suceeded by the 2014 car)

2008 Renault Megane R.S

(Suceeded by the 2013 car)

2011 SRT Charger SRT8

(Suceeded by the Hellcat)

2011 Toyota Aqua

(I don't think anyone cares about this car)

2009 Toyota Prius G (No please no!)

(The Prius is a waste! Kill it with fire!)

2007 Toyota Vitz RS

2012 Toyota Vitz F

(Replace with 2018 GRMN Version)

Last edited:
2008 Mercedes C63
(

2011 Cadillac CTS-V
(

2005 Citroen C4 Coupe

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
(

2003 BMW Z4

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS

2008 Ferrari California

2006 Ford Focus ST

2007 Peugeot 207 GTi

2011 Renault Clio R.S

2011 SRT Charger SRT8

2007 Toyota Vitz RS

These few should definitely return in my opinion. They may not be classics per se, but most of them are significant models and represent top of the range for their time.

I've had some ideas regarding qualifying and Sport Mode as a whole:

-What if we could still have weekly races, but the leaderboards were wiped daily? Another idea would be if qualifying would be more akin to championships, where you get a limited amount of time/laps to qualify - though you may not necessarily share the track with other cars like it's done now. You'd select the qualifying time trial, and you'd get a set amount of time/laps to qualify - perhaps you'd even need to qualify prior to each race - and then you'd be able to that time (and only be able to use the car that set that time) the next time you enter that race. Also, much more like the championship qualifying and less like the daily race qualifying, tire/fuel wear as it would apply to the race would still be on within qualifying, so that could potentially help players find a better strategy/setup as they qualify.

-As for the leaderboard, you could still view the best times set in the period that the event is available - but you'd also be able to have many more sorting options, such as sorting by various area parameters (e.g. World vs. North America & South America vs. North America vs. USA vs. Connecticut vs. New London County), or by eligible car model, including sorting by automaker. I think some inspiration could be taken from the official Pokemon Battle Spot website, where they show usage stats for various online tournaments and rulesets, including the most popular items/moves/abilities/natures for a given species by usage percentage.

-Alternatively, what if in the next game, Sport Mode was more synonymous with the championships tab? So you could have the two FIAGTCs, the GR Supra Cup (or whatever similar comes up), but also various championships that are more similar to events from the campaigns from prior GT games (as well as the campaign from that respective game, or GT League, etc). For example, I did recall a GTS pre-release image showing a Mazda Roadster championship. (On top of this, each championship would have a separate DR/SR ladder, much like how your ELO doesn't carry over to other formats on Pokemon Showdown.) For single races, and replacing the "daily/weekly races" tab, would be unranked races, more akin to the Quick Match feature in GT6.

-I think the current system of car categories is mostly fine, and I think most complaints aren't solely due to a car being in a place it shouldn't be, but more so that when a group is featured, it's otherwise allowing any car within that group, instead of sometimes featuring a more specific selection. For example, I think the Group C cars should stay in Gr.1, as long as we somewhat frequently get Gr.1 races that may only permit the Group C cars, or the VGTs, or the LMP1s, etc. much like how we've seen some Gr.4 races that only allow the FF racers in that group. There's a few exceptions I'd personally make (e.g. track-only cars like the Vulcan should be in Gr.X like the Zonda R and the P1 GTR, or how the FT-1 should be in N500) but otherwise I think it's largely fine, and has notable potential for further development and refinement.

Any thoughts, @Sven Jurgens, @Pigems, and @Alpha Cipher?

These few should definitely return in my opinion. They may not be classics per se, but most of them are significant models and represent top of the range for their time.
I don't know if anybody would consider this coming back to GT in GT Sport but if it does, I wouldn't mind at all. ;)

images

Lots of people love this car, especially me
One thing I would like very well about this car is its unique engine sound; it definitely sounds like heaven, thanks to Yamaha being involved with the engine's development. And in the two previous GT titles it came in, PD did a good job on replicating that engine sound. Well, as long as the exhaust stays stock, of course. :lol:

I was thinking why aren't more Manufacturer type championships in Sport Mode? We have Gr.3/Gr.4. It would seem Super Formula and Super GT fit that criteria. Those real life series are Manufacturer based. Just like the,maybe, soon to come Formula E.

Same as picking Gr.3/Gr.4 cars, picking the SF19 and SGT for each season, makes sense. Also, only having those particular races at the real world circuits(Autopolis, Fuji, Suzuka), for a mini championship in itself.

One thing I would like very well about this car is its unique engine sound; it definitely sounds like heaven, thanks to Yamaha being involved with the engine's development. And in the two previous GT titles it came in, PD did a good job on replicating that engine sound. Well, as long as the exhaust stays stock, of course. :lol:
Someone linked Doug DeMuro's review and I finally heard the exhaust. Holy crap, what a phenomenal sound coming through those exhaust pipes. That is fantastic.

Someone linked Doug DeMuro's review and I finally heard the exhaust. Holy crap, what a phenomenal sound coming through those exhaust pipes. That is fantastic.
And the previous GT games have a good job of replicating that awesome engine sound.

Just imagine if the LFA was already in GT Sport, then it would be even more amazing to see and hear.

So Kinda GT sport related, I am currently looking at doing the campaign section in GT Sport, I see NFS payback and The crew2 are currently discounted on the PSN store, do you guys think these are worth getting or should I rather just stick to doing the Campaign mode in GT Sport?

So Kinda GT sport related, I am currently looking at doing the campaign section in GT Sport, I see NFS payback and The crew2 are currently discounted on the PSN store, do you guys think these are worth getting or should I rather just stick to doing the Campaign mode in GT Sport?
I've got crew2 and it is okay but more like a Forza Horizon wannabe than something of a GTS alternative. No opinion on NFS at all but Burnout Paradise is £8.99 and totally worth it.

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully it actually happens or I'll be a little mad.

Let me add a few more:

2008 Mercedes C63
(

2011 Cadillac CTS-V
(

2005 Citroen C4 Coupe

2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe
(

2003 BMW Z4

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS

AEM S2000

(No longer relevant or necessary)

2006 Alfa Romeo Brera
(
Awful car without any significance, other than an appearance on Top Gear)

2007 BMW 135i

(Replace with 235i or M2)

2009 Honda Insight

(Terrible vehicle without any fanbase)

2008 Ferrari California

2008 Fiat 500

(We only need the Abarth version)

2006 Ford Focus ST

2013 Ford Focus ST

(Both have been succeeded)

2006 Infiniti Coupe Concept

(An old relic without much importance)

2007 Peugeot 207 GTi

2004 Peugeot 307 CC :crazy:

(I never want to see this car again)

2013 Range Rover Evoque

(It's an SUV... What more can you say?)

2011 Renault Clio R.S

2008 Renault Megane R.S

(Suceeded by the 2013 car)

2011 SRT Charger SRT8

2011 Toyota Aqua

(I don't think anyone cares about this car)

2009 Toyota Prius G (No please no!)

(The Prius is a waste! Kill it with fire!)

2007 Toyota Vitz RS

2012 Toyota Vitz F

(Replace with 2018 GRMN Version)

Ah yes, these are so irrelevant. That's why most of them appear in Forza 7...?

I'm not sure why these aren't worthy of returning, considering the models will need less work than a ground-up new car, plus, I can think of a worthy case for several of these:

- C63 AMG: the old one has a NA 6.2L V8 that gives a very different experience/sound from the new 4.0 turbo.

- Z4 M Coupe: much more hardcore than the newer, softer Z4. NA i6 too.

- AEM S2000: why is this "no longer relevant"? You could argue no S2000s are "relevant" since the car's been out of production for a decade... which doesn't seem fair.

- Alfa Brera: the world doesn't revolve around Top Gear... it looks great and can be had with 4WD and a V6.

- 2006 ST: unique 2.5L 5-cylinder shared by no other Focus before or since (apart from the RS of the same generation).

2011 Clio: widely considered a greatly superior car to the current one, and one of the best hot hatches ever.

I dunno, seems a shame to write off perfectly good cars with unique characteristics because they're not the newest model... would you call the Evolution IV irrelevant as it's long since been replaced by several generations of successors?

Not sure I understand the reasoning or logic - especially as they're likely quick wins for Polyphony.

Last edited:
Ah yes, these are so irrelevant. That's why most of them appear in Forza 7...?

I'm not sure why these aren't worthy of returning, considering the models will need less work than a ground-up new car, plus, I can think of a worthy case for several of these:

- C63 AMG: the old one has a NA 6.2L V8 that gives a very different experience/sound from the new 4.4 turbo.

- Z4 M Coupe: much more hardcore than the newer, softer Z4. NA i6 too.

- AEM S2000: why is this "no longer relevant"? You could argue no S2000s are "relevant" since the car's been out of production for a decade... which doesn't seem fair.

- Alfa Brera: the world doesn't revolve around Top Gear... it looks great and can be had with 4WD and a V6.

- 2006 ST: unique 2.5L 5-cylinder shared by no other Focus before or since (apart from the RS of the same generation).

2011 Clio: widely considered a greatly superior car to the current one, and one of the best hot hatches ever.

I dunno, seems a shame to write off perfectly good cars with unique characteristics because they're not the newest model... would you call the Evolution IV irrelevant as it's long since been replaced by several generations of successors?

Not sure I understand the reasoning or logic - especially as they're likely quick wins for Polyphony.
Probably PD has a criteria on which cars to be added, one of them possibly based on the car's popularity during the time? I guess so.

I would have wanted to see Evos VII-IX in GT Sport because IMHO, I liked this generation of them the most. But sadly, it isn't present in the game. Even the HKS CT230R, which is based on one of those Evos, is not present in GT Sport.

And regarding the AEM S2000, well, they already have the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo in it already, which is more powerful than the former, although it's also essentially a modified S2000 tuned by a different tuning company.

I asked this before and can't remember if I ever got a straight answer, but is there a preferred volume setting regarding engine, transmission, tire screech, and opposing car sound? I'm trying to figure out the right balance.

I asked this before and can't remember if I ever got a straight answer, but is there a preferred volume setting regarding engine, transmission, tire screech, and opposing car sound? I'm trying to figure out the right balance.
There is a volume settings regarding engine, transmission, tire screech, and opposing car sound, its in the Options setting in the game.

There is a volume settings regarding engine, transmission, tire screech, and opposing car sound, its in the Options setting in the game.

Yes, I know. I'm asking if there's a preferred setting. Like how high should the engine volume be in comparison to the opposing car. And what values would you set the transmission and tire sounds to?

Last edited:
I don't know if anybody would consider this coming back to GT in GT Sport but if it does, I wouldn't mind at all. ;)

images
When it launched the LFA was considered a bit of a disappointment as it had been left behind by the latest supercars of the day. A decade on, however, values are rocketing. We’ve hit a performance wall and drivers are looking for something that offers a unique experience. Something that can be driven enthusiastically on the road. Same reason why F40’s, 959’s, 458’s, manual 911 GT’s etc. so desirable.

When it launched the LFA was considered a bit of a disappointment as it had been left behind by the latest supercars of the day. A decade on, however, values are rocketing. We’ve hit a performance wall and drivers are looking for something that offers a unique experience. Something that can be driven enthusiastically on the road. Same reason why F40’s, 959’s, 458’s, manual 911 GT’s etc. so desirable.
The only reason why it became such a disappointment during launch was because of its launch price being more closer to Ferraris and other existing supercars that time yet its performance can only be considered on par with Nissan's GT-R.

But Lexus didn't made the LFA to sell like hotcakes anyway and after two years of production, they signed it off permanently. And until now, I think it was the only sports car made by Lexus to have a V10 power plant in it.

Back