Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Would be a good way to introduce a new Brand to the franchise.

Sure, because every other car that ran in the N24 was introduced to Gran Turismo, and every D1GP car, and every Pike's Peak car.

You see where this is going, because this gets brought up every time.....

Ah yes, these are so irrelevant. That's why most of them appear in Forza 7...?

I'm not sure why these aren't worthy of returning, considering the models will need less work than a ground-up new car, plus, I can think of a worthy case for several of these:

- C63 AMG: the old one has a NA 6.2L V8 that gives a very different experience/sound from the new 4.0 turbo.

- Z4 M Coupe: much more hardcore than the newer, softer Z4. NA i6 too.

- AEM S2000: why is this "no longer relevant"? You could argue no S2000s are "relevant" since the car's been out of production for a decade... which doesn't seem fair.

- Alfa Brera: the world doesn't revolve around Top Gear... it looks great and can be had with 4WD and a V6.

- 2006 ST: unique 2.5L 5-cylinder shared by no other Focus before or since (apart from the RS of the same generation).

2011 Clio: widely considered a greatly superior car to the current one, and one of the best hot hatches ever.

I dunno, seems a shame to write off perfectly good cars with unique characteristics because they're not the newest model... would you call the Evolution IV irrelevant as it's long since been replaced by several generations of successors?

Not sure I understand the reasoning or logic - especially as they're likely quick wins for Polyphony.
It's more my opinion than reason or logic. These are vehicles that I would be able to live without.

Sure, because every other car that ran in the N24 was introduced to Gran Turismo, and every D1GP car, and every Pike's Peak car.

You see where this is going, because this gets brought up every time.....
Noooo. I'm speaking on TCR. Seems like only a handful of us that post about TCR, bring it up.

If you buy a car through the Playstation store, you can not put a Livery on it or change the wheels. Did anyone know this ?.

I've got liveries and changed wheels on the ones I bought.
I have tried the dozen of cars that I brought through the PS store, and each one I have tried to put an Livery on it, I get this below.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2019-08-08 15-02-44.png

Anyone have suggestions for the best GT League events? By best I mean, events that are actually challenging/competitive. I've only done a few and they are all too easy. Are there any events that involve pit strategies? Thanks!

Anyone have suggestions for the best GT League events? By best I mean, events that are actually challenging/competitive. I've only done a few and they are all too easy. Are there any events that involve pit strategies? Thanks!

Only the Endurance Events involve strategies. But the AI is pretty easy for all of it, although I hear some folk saying the open wheel races with the F1500 or Mercedes F1 Car to be slightly more challenging

Since the last update my cars have been starting races in 3rd gear. Anyone else?

I use a G27 and a DriveHub adapter.

Tire selector function in MFD confirmed in the National Athletic Meet version.

Credits To: Mr. Rest_rk_02

Hmmm so it seems that the tire selector function was already present in the Nurburgring World Tour build.

So I played GT Sport pretty much when it first came out, way before GT mode etc arrived etc.

Coming back to it tomorrow, how much has changed since that launch? Where would you recommend starting coming back after so many years?

So I played GT Sport pretty much when it first came out, way before GT mode etc arrived etc.

Coming back to it tomorrow, how much has changed since that launch? Where would you recommend starting coming back after so many years?

It has changed quite a lot, beyond the tracks & cars that were added.

Besides tweaks to Sport Mode and the additon of GT League, the biggest changes have been in the physics and tire model. The tire model is still woefully simple, but the dynamic model & physics have improved quite a bit. Road cars feel very good now (no longer ice skating). GT3 cars are more planted now, although some have some annoyingly OTT understeer. The FIA championships have a large playerbase and great matchmaking, as do the Dailies at times.

Make sure you have ABS on Default for Sport Mode. I would leave TC off, too, as it is rarely needed and wierdly implemented in GTS. ABS you could tone down to Weak (which to me seems like "off" in other sims) when racing against the AI, or maybe in Daily A/B where there is no tire wear.

Hope you have fun. For me personally the single player AI stuff doesn't do it, neither in GTS nor in Assetto nor PC2 nor whatever. Online is where this game excels. IMO.

Besides tweaks to Sport Mode and the additon of GT League, the biggest changes have been in the physics and tire model. The tire model is still woefully simple, but the dynamic model & physics have improved quite a bit. Road cars feel very good now (no longer ice skating). GT3 cars are more planted now, although some have some annoyingly OTT understeer. The FIA championships have a large playerbase and great matchmaking, as do the Dailies at times.

Make sure you have ABS on Default for Sport Mode. I would leave TC off, too, as it is rarely needed and wierdly implemented in GTS. ABS you could tone down to Weak (which to me seems like "off" in other sims) when racing against the AI, or maybe in Daily A/B where there is no tire wear.

Hope you have fun. For me personally the single player AI stuff doesn't do it, neither in GTS nor in Assetto nor PC2 nor whatever. Online is where this game excels. IMO.
I agree wholeheartedly with this assessment.

You should also be patient when entering daily races until you have built up your DR and SR. No need to rush in and get involved incidents.

Thank you 👍. Single player is something I'll use but it's definitely the online tempting me back, I enjoyed it first time round but sold my PS4 to fund and Xbox one X as I'm also a big Forza fan but I found FM7 single player too short and the online didn't make up for it while horizon 4 was too short and online is just a mess to me. And as racing games are my primary 'exclusive' for consoles it seems like a good time to reignite my Gran Turismo passion (as you'll see in my profile I've been around here for 14 years :eek:). While the single player may not be mind-blowing the online racing will surely make up for it. Including the time trials etc.

GTS always felt like a console iracing in terms of its structure and that's no bad thing as I loved iracing so with the extra content and cars and the ever increasing community this should be a fun return to the game and series.

Other people would say not that much because of the fact that Spa-Francorchamps still hasn't made a debut in the game yet.

Back