Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
The only reason why it became such a disappointment during launch was because of its launch price being more closer to Ferraris and other existing supercars that time yet its performance can only be considered on par with Nissan's GT-R.

But Lexus didn't made the LFA to sell like hotcakes anyway and after two years of production, they signed it off permanently. And until now, I think it was the only sports car made by Lexus to have a V10 power plant in it.

Well not only that, but I believe you were not able to own the car even after paying for it, it was sort of a lease program for those who could afford it...

And not everyone could just buy it, you had to jump through some hoops...

It wasn't considered over the top great as people were expecting it to be, but now in retrospect, this car has a lot going for itself, now exchanging hands at the rates of twice a Superfast, costing over $800,000....

Toyota did an awesome job on the LFA...

We didn't appreciate it then...

Well not only that, but I believe you were not able to own the car even after paying for it, it was sort of a lease program for those who could afford it...

It wasn't considered over the top great as people were expecting it to be, but now in retrospect, this car has a lot going for itself, now exchanging hands at the rates of twice a Superfast, costing over $800,000....

I appreciate the LFA for its wonderful styling and unique engine. The only thing not to appreciate about this car, really, is its enormous price tag. Aside from that, I wonder what other things make it more disappointing.

Btw, I'm not sure about the lease program for it. This is the time I only heard about it.

Last edited:

I don’t understand why so many people are confused by the LFA lease program. They forced you to lease the car so you couldn’t immediately flip the car for a profit, which is a great thing - they wanted real owners, and leasing the car for what, 2 years is a small price to pay for a truly one of a kind car.

Yes, I know. I'm asking if there's a preferred setting. Like how high should the engine volume be in comparison to the opposing car. And what values would you set the transmission and tire sounds to?
I have not touch any of my settings and I have full surround sound speaker system, and I don't think I will change them because they are fine to me.
Why don't you experiment and fine the settings to suit to your liking, and I don't think there is a preferred setting because it is up to the player to chose the sounds in the game.

I don’t understand why so many people are confused by the LFA lease program. They forced you to lease the car so you couldn’t immediately flip the car for a profit, which is a great thing - they wanted real owners, and leasing the car for what, 2 years is a small price to pay for a truly one of a kind car.

In the end it was irrelevant because they had problems selling all 375 cars... a lot ended up in Lexus of Beverly Hills showrooms as pink elephants in contrast to something like the Ford GT which sold out instantly.

And this is from someone who likes the LFA more than the GT.

The Japanese tend to have problems at that end of the market... see the new Honda NSX? Same sort of thing.

The Ford GT isnt exactly a limited edition in that they make something like 2,500 a year and yet they still have more buyers lined up year after year.

In the end it was irrelevant because they had problems selling all 375 cars... a lot ended up in Lexus of Beverly Hills showrooms as pink elephants in contrast to something like the Ford GT which sold out instantly.

And this is from someone who likes the LFA more than the GT.

The Japanese tend to have problems at that end of the market... see the new Honda NSX? Same sort of thing.

The Ford GT isnt exactly a limited edition in that they make something like 2,500 a year and yet they still have more buyers lined up year after year.
Probably the rich history of an heritage LM car like the GT have great influence on its new incarnations, which unfortunately the LFA nor NSX doesn't have.

Probably the rich history of an heritage LM car like the GT have great influence on its new incarnations, which unfortunately the LFA nor NSX doesn't have.

The NSX does have some history... its just that I feel the Japanese havent been able to compete in that super high end category.

Ferrari can sell 399 supercars year after year if they so wish and yet the Japanese cant get people motivated.

The NSX does have some history... its just that I feel the Japanese havent been able to compete in that super high end category.

Ferrari can sell 399 supercars year after year if they so wish and yet the Japanese cant get people motivated.
Yes, the NSX also competes in the JGTC, with the GT-R being one of the main rivals there as well but like what you've said, these still aren't on par with other supercars manufactured by other makes. I think even the Corvette would outshine them in this aspect, but that's not to say those two are incompetent or anything like that. Meanwhile, the Ferrari marque still sells in those amounts for a long time already so that's a given for their models.

I think part of the reason why the new NSX got a bad start was because the Honda sold in most markets came across as a rebadged Acura.

I feel, once the Type II Legends ended, they lost that luxury jet image to Lexus. It no longer became that high end brand. Just seem like normal Hondas now.

Why? Isn't it the other way around?
I always understood it to be basically an American car. It's more Acura than Honda in my opinion.

But then again, my EP3 was built in Swindon, as were the JDM versions! Are they British?

I'm not someone who usually requests cars into the game, but if the Prius came back to GT, i want this TRD version so bad.

S0-la-toyota-prius-restylee-recoit-le-traitement-trd-576671.jpg

Why don't you experiment and fine the settings to suit to your liking, and I don't think there is a preferred setting because it is up to the player to chose the sounds in the game.

Because I want to know what everyone else's recommendations are.

Know one has quoted you as yet on what settings they use, or perhaps because know one uses them settings at all.

I'm sure I'll eventually come across some recommendations worth trying out. I'm not an expert on engine, transmission, and tire sounds in driving sims, which is why I threw the question out there.

I don't know how credibly these sources are but a youtuber I know by HSG(HammerStudiosGaming) made a video about the next possible update.

Here's the instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/raceonlinehungary/

Last tuesday of the month - thats the most obvious possibility if anyone had to guess. What comes to rain - I dont think even PDI knows if Sport is going to work with rain three weeks from now, but yet another best guess as its already overdue. Isnt there also world tour NY sometime this month..

Since we’re on the update topic, this year PD has averaged adding a track every other update. As a result, I think we’ll see a new track in the next update that is a real world track. No idea what track though.

Last tuesday of the month - thats the most obvious possibility if anyone had to guess. What comes to rain - I dont think even PDI knows if Sport is going to work with rain three weeks from now, but yet another best guess as its already overdue. Isnt there also world tour NY sometime this month..
Given the timelines and testing involved. PD probably know 90% of the DLC/feature updates for next 6 months. The source is an FIA finalist so not some random nobody.

Doesn’t mean he hasn’t just made it up. But it’s not something I’d dismiss out of hand.

Back