Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Last 2 updates have been w/ tracks, personally I’m going with no track this time.

If you include the first two updates, then only four (November & December 2017, late March & April 2019) out of 18 didn’t contain tracks. And apparently Spa was ready to go for one but was held back because of licensing fees. So that’s between 1/6 and almost 1/5th of the time, patterns tell us a track is likely. Don’t know why the sky seems to fall more and more with each update, there’s no way to definitively know if something or nothing is coming until all is revealed.

Guys, I’ve been curious if there’s been any discussion about the next GTS on PS5 regarding account transfer. Anyone know if we will preserve our standings/name/stats & achievements? Will they migrate our data over to the new PS5 servers or will we all start over from DR E?

Anyone read anything on this? Is this the right place for this question?
Well, there are two parts to this.

Firstly, PS5 will have full PS4 BC. So we’ll continue playing GTS on the new hardware. With all our stats and saved data carried over. We may even get a few extra graphical bells & whistles if PD produce a PS5 patch. Much of that will depend how imminent GT7 is.

Car liveries and such I’m sure will transfer over. It would also make sense to carry over driver stats if PD want continuity for the FIA events.

Well, there are two parts to this.

Firstly, PS5 will have full PS4 BC. So we’ll continue playing GTS on the new hardware. With all our stats and saved data carried over. We may even get a few extra graphical bells & whistles if PD produce a PS5 patch. Much of that will depend how imminent GT7 is.

Car liveries and such I’m sure will transfer over. It would also make sense to carry over driver stats if PD want continuity for the FIA events.
Nice! Very very nice! Great to hear

Ok this has been bugging me for a while.
When I have looked at different videos of GT Sport, sometimes menu tooltips are capitalized (such as "Start Race", or something, in lobbies), and the menus are capitalized in GT League. However, they aren't for me. I think it's a regional difference, but it's really intriguing why Polyphony decided this.
Another thing that bugs me is that some track names are fully capitalized, while others aren't, such as the combination of KYOTO DRIVING PARK - YAMIGAWA+MIYABI (or what ever it's called).

Has no one else noticed the same?

I always wondered, does going 7.1 surround audio option on my TV do me any good? I noticed when I select it, even though I'm running TV speakers, it makes things louder and more distinct.

Does anyone have a list of songs that've been used for promotional videos? Not just the various update trailers, but even stuff like the initial reveal trailer. I think that one was at the Playstation Experience in 2016? At any rate, I wonder if they've been compiled into an official Spotify playlist...

So I get home from work, fire up the PS4, then open up GT Sport. PSN had to sign me in for some reason, then as soon as the game loads I get a free car for daily workout. :confused: I'm confused...

IMG_20190731_175728.jpg

So I get home from work, fire up the PS4, then open up GT Sport. PSN had to sign me in for some reason, then as soon as the game loads I get a free car for daily workout. :confused: I'm confused...

Do you remember whether or not you received any daily workout car the last time you played before this? Under circumstances the workout gifts can arrive with a delay, so what you received there may have been pending since the last time you played.

Do you remember whether or not you received any daily workout car the last time you played before this? Under circumstances the workout gifts can arrive with a delay, so what you received there may have been pending since the last time you played.
Yep, before I shut down last night I got a Mustang GT350.

Does anyone have a list of songs that've been used for promotional videos? Not just the various update trailers, but even stuff like the initial reveal trailer. I think that one was at the Playstation Experience in 2016? At any rate, I wonder if they've been compiled into an official Spotify playlist...
Here are a few from some updates.
Feb 2018 - Save Us All - Kevin Graham
May 2018 - Time - Syncro
July 2018 - Escape - Alex Zado
March 2019 - Rock This Joint - Yanivi Ft. Bella Potchy
March 2019 - Boundary - Kevin Graham
May 2019 - 3rd Times’ a Charm - Jake Bradford-Sharp
July 2019 - Getaway - Oliver Michael

GT Sport Announcement and Unveil Trailer:
As Our Witness - PIERS BARON

Last edited:
I now have Cr20m and am going to purchase either the Ford Mark IV or Jaguar D-Type.

Which should I buy? I currently own an Aston Martin DB3S, Ferrari 330 P4 and Shelby Daytona Coupe but am struggling to decide now.

There should be a buy one get one free offer! :D

I now have Cr20m and am going to purchase either the Ford Mark IV or Jaguar D-Type.

Which should I buy? I currently own an Aston Martin DB3S, Ferrari 330 P4 and Shelby Daytona Coupe but am struggling to decide now.

There should be a buy one get one free offer! :D
If I had your garage, I'd go D-Type, since you already have competitive cars for the Pro classic series, and the D type is really the only car of its ilk in the game right now. It helps that it's bloomin' gorgeous...

If I had your garage, I'd go D-Type, since you already have competitive cars for the Pro classic series, and the D type is really the only car of its ilk in the game right now. It helps that it's bloomin' gorgeous...
I am thinking exactly that. In fact, I had the D-Type ready to buy earlier. All I had to do was press X but I kept thinking about missing out the Ford and it's 7L V8.

I will bite the gorgeous finned bullet and get the Jaguar tomorrow. Thanks.

👍

I am thinking exactly that. In fact, I had the D-Type ready to buy earlier. All I had to do was press X but I kept thinking about missing out the Ford and it's 7L V8.

I will bite the gorgeous finned bullet and get the Jaguar tomorrow. Thanks.

👍
and I will try to get beyond 3m credits for the first time without buying a Red Bull/Gr 1/Hypercar, good luck to us both!

You can blame me if the D type turns out to be a pig, but I doubt it :)

For the last few weeks, a few of my friends have really really struggled joining my lobbies. My internet speed is all good, and it doesn't happen to everyone. These people are able to join other lobbies without a fuss.

I've tried both wireless and wired (using a powerline adapter) and got the same problem where certain people keep getting kicked out when attempting to join.

I've also deleted my temporary network data multiple times and that hasn't made a difference.

Any help or at least an explanation would be useful, as this problem has only been for the last month.

For the last few weeks, a few of my friends have really really struggled joining my lobbies. My internet speed is all good, and it doesn't happen to everyone. These people are able to join other lobbies without a fuss.

I've tried both wireless and wired (using a powerline adapter) and got the same problem where certain people keep getting kicked out when attempting to join.

I've also deleted my temporary network data multiple times and that hasn't made a difference.

Any help or at least an explanation would be useful, as this problem has only been for the last month.

Put your PS4 into a DMZ, and tell your friends to do it as well.

Back