Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I had some questions:

-Is the Turn14 BR-Z any fun to drive as a race car, versus solely for drifting? Would you say this for most drifting cars seen in the series? For another example, the D1GP-spec BP Falken RX-7 FC from the Tokyo Auto Salon.

-For some settings, the description gives a good indication of how each setting influences the car’s driving characteristsics. But I don’t see anything useful in the text for any of the suspension settings aside from the anti-roll bar. The descriptions for the other suspension settings all seem too vague. How do these other options influence the driving characteristics? (And could you tell me more about the LSD in general, for that matter?)

-Is it always best to put the ride height as low as possible? It says damage may be more likely, but what are your experiences like? Similarly, when is it best to have a difference in how much the front/rear is raised versus the other? Does it really help with weight distribution like the in-game text says? What if I’m not using a car that has a flat floor, like various N-series cars? Wouldn’t that mean the venturi effect is less pronounced and thus having a lower ride height isn’t as useful?

-For the transmission, is there much differenence in choosing to tune the final gear ratio versus the option that sets your top speed? And why is there a discrepancy between the listed top speed that I may end up setting, and the actual speed listed next to the 5th/6th/etc. gear?

-And otherwise, the speed next to each gear isn’t necessarily the speed I should shift, right? Isn’t that just the maximum speed that I can reach in that gear? When it comes to the best time to shift, wouldn’t it be when that blue bar on the hood cam is blinking?

Another note: I’d love it if we could set maximum HP in lobbies to as low as 10hp. It only seems to let you set it as low as 98hp or so.

EDIT: And if we could see what cars could potentially meet a customized regulation for an event, much like in Sport Mode or GT League, rather than having them be omitted entirely from view when picking a garage car. (Could it be that those green translucent windows only appear when BoP is on?)

Last edited:
the Ferrari 500 Mondial Coupe (which, surprisingly enough, was cut from GT6 according to TCRF)
That's very unfortunate. I was really looking forward to driving that car in Gran Turismo. The only reason why it was cut from GT6 and has not showed up in GT Sport is because I think the owner of the car changed their mind about having their vehicle included in the game (PD can only add the car with the owner's permission). I know that's the case because PD has been adding other Ferraris so it's definitely not a licensing issue with the brand.

This pretty much sums up this car is pretty much canceled for it's inclusion especially if the 2013 winner (1953 Aston DB3S) has already been added. :(
1954_Ferrari_500MondialSeriesI2.jpg

Maybe there's a chance they can still model the other one. Because there were only two built:
113.jpg

Last edited:
I had some questions:

-Is the Turn14 BR-Z any fun to drive as a race car, versus solely for drifting? Would you say this for most drifting cars seen in the series? For another example, the D1GP-spec BP Falken RX-7 FC from the Tokyo Auto Salon.

-For some settings, the description gives a good indication of how each setting influences the car’s driving characteristics. But I don’t see anything useful in the text for any of the suspension settings aside from the anti-roll bar. The descriptions for the other suspension settings all seem too vague. How do these other options influence the driving characteristics? (And could you tell me more about the LSD in general, for that matter?)

-Is it always best to put the ride height as low as possible? It says damage may be more likely, but what are your experiences like? Similarly, when is it best to have a difference in how much the front/rear is raised versus the other? Does it really help with weight distribution like the in-game text says? What if I’m not using a car that has a flat floor, like various N-series cars? Wouldn’t that mean the venturi effect is less pronounced and thus having a lower ride height isn’t as useful?

-For the transmission, is there much difference in choosing to tune the final gear ratio versus the option that sets your top speed? And why is there a discrepancy between the listed top speed that I may end up setting, and the actual speed listed next to the 5th/6th/etc. gear?

-And otherwise, the speed next to each gear isn’t necessarily the speed I should shift, right? Isn’t that just the maximum speed that I can reach in that gear? When it comes to the best time to shift, wouldn’t it be when that blue bar on the hood cam is blinking?

Another note: I’d love it if we could set maximum HP in lobbies to as low as 10hp. It only seems to let you set it as low as 98hp or so.

EDIT: And if we could see what cars could potentially meet a customized regulation for an event, much like in Sport Mode or GT League, rather than having them be omitted entirely from view when picking a garage car. (Could it be that those green translucent windows only appear when BoP is on?)

1. I've tried racing the Turn 14 BRZ and it is a challenge, what with 1000bhp on tap and little to no downforce to utilise these thousand horses on the road; and because of this, the lap times achievable by the BRZ might be a bit underwhelming. If I recall correctly, I got around a 6:40 on the Nurburgring in the BRZ, something that Gr.4 cars can achieve with half the horsepower and more downforce. I'd recommend it for a time trial though (if PD's browsing :lol:)
  2. If the car's suspension tuning is otherwise fully balanced (how you want the car to handle), then yes, otherwise no. For many years, I was a believer of 'as low to the ground as possible = super quick' in regards to tuning cars in GT. Only recently have I found that ride height too can be beneficial for altering wing angles of aerodynamics when you brake and accelerate (weight/pitch shifting), meaning that effectively you can set up your own 'active aerodynamics' using suspension & car pitch movement (say if you increase the front suspension and lower the rear, the angle of the wing will be lesser, meaning less downforce on the straights, but brake and shift your weight onto the front, and you can tilt the aero angle forward again for when you need it around corners) This is in addition to adjusting the front/rear height to whittle away (or increase, your choice) any understeer or oversteer.
  3. I guess not? Someone with better knowledge can fill in here, but too my knowledge all these gear ratios act as torque multipliers from the engine, so as long as the end result is what you wanted, it doesn't matter much how you get there. With that being said though, direct tuning through the final gear ratio will give you a finer amount of tuning than the top speed, so you might want to tune through the Top Speed setting first, then fine tune using the final gear ratio. As for the discrepancy, I assume that is purely down to the gear tuner relying solely on mathematical equations to work out the speed of each gear, not taking into account any drag force or weight that may slow down the car.
  4. As far as I know, yes. Again, the speed indicated in the tuning setup is mathematically calculated. As for when to shift, the blinker is definitely the time you can shift, and the time the auto shifter will do it's job, but if you can stretch any more power out of the redline in the case of some lesser-powered vehicles, do it. Just make sure you don't hit the limiter, and possibly don't do so much in real life either as it could damage your engine.

You could slap a racing transmission on it and either turn down the HP of the FD BRZ to make a track build out of it or put it into full power and make it roar down Route X. That's about the extent of this car's use for racing IMO.

That's very unfortunate. I was really looking forward to driving that car in Gran Turismo. The only reason why it was cut from GT6 and has not showed up in GT Sport is because I think the owner of the car changed their mind about having their vehicle included in the game (PD can only add the car with the owner's permission). I know that's the case because PD has been adding other Ferraris so it's definitely not a licensing issue with the brand.

I really doubt that. It seems like that’s too shaky of a conclusion to make. I suppose only time will tell but this just sounds like speculation than something with a bit more evidence potentially behind it, or a solid deduction. We still have some Ferrari models from GT6 & GT5 that’ve yet to return in GTS, like the F430, F430 Scuderia, 599, and the SP1.

You could slap a racing transmission on it and either turn down the HP of the FD BRZ to make a track build out of it or put it into full power and make it roar down Route X. That's about the extent of this car's use for racing IMO.

It makes me wonder if drift cars in general are better in Gr.X rather than the N-series, including the cars picked from the Tokyo Auto Salon and SEMA. Or even tuners beyond that, like the Blitz R34.

Also, I had another question. Is there any difference in meaning between the lobby options “Show Off Your Cars,” “Cafe,” and “Cruising”? Because they all seem pretty similar to me.

Last edited:
I really doubt that. It seems like that’s too shaky of a conclusion to make. I suppose only time will tell but this just sounds like speculation than something with a bit more evidence potentially behind it, or a solid deduction. We still have some Ferrari models from GT6 & GT5 that’ve yet to return in GTS, like the F430, F430 Scuderia, 599, and the SP1.
Yes but unlike those other Ferraris, the 500 Mondial was never featured in GT6 or any GT for that matter. The car's name can be found in GT6's database files but it's inclusion was cancelled before the game's launch. This means PD had plans of adding the car but obviously something happened that we don't know which is preventing the car to come to a game. Seven years have passed since the car won the award and newer winner's both SEMA and Pebble Beach have already made it to GT but not the Mondial.

Yes but unlike those other Ferraris, the 500 Mondial was never featured in GT6 or any GT for that matter. The car's name can be found in GT6's database files but it's inclusion was cancelled before the game's launch. This means PD had plans of adding the car but obviously something happened that we don't know which is preventing the car to come to a game. Seven years have passed since the car won the award and newer winner's both SEMA and Pebble Beach have already made it to GT but not the Mondial.

That doesn’t mean it’ll never show up in the series at all, as far as I know.

Kind of weird to have Mount Panorama and no Scape location. We have a location in New Zealand, but no Sydney Opera House, Surfers Paradise or anywhere in Melbourne?
Yeah, it would be really good to show my Supercar liveries at a location in Australia.

I was still curious about what exactly the various other settings do, like the LSD and the various suspension settings.

But with this in mind, I've realized some things:

-One of GT's biggest appeals is its accessibility. (EDIT: As are all sufficiently-popular competitive modes in videogames.) This, understandably, is why tuning is usually disabled in online events. Even if tuning were enabled, it may not be worth it. It could level the playing field, sure, but it's also a relatively complex element that'd be on top of actual driving skill, and tuning TCS/BB/FM on the fly.

-The reason why BoP only affects power/weight makes a lot of sense to me now. It's because power and weight have a more "objective" advantage when it is respectively increased and reduced. This is as opposed to my idea to have BoP account for downforce and final gearing, as I seemingly forgot that those can be more or less advantageous depending on the course. An obvious example being La Sarthe with and without the chicanes - the Group C cars in Gr.1 are best at the latter, while the LMP1s are best at the former. Overall, it seems like it'd be very hard to have BoP account for other settings when all the other settings are more "subjective."

-My updated suggested solution would be to perhaps have tuning be available on occasion, for events that may include both a group of cars as well as one-make events. But to be accessible, only permit some settings to be changed by the player, like downforce and/or final gearing, with other settings being greyed-out. (As opposed to trying to have BoP account for settings outside power and weight.) This will allow players to become more familiar with what each setting may offer in a car, without being overwhelmed by having all settings be available for tuning.

-As for the N-series, I would make balancing potentially easier for PD by not permitting "inter-class" cars when BoP is enabled. However, if BoP is disabled and tuning is enabled, you could use "inter-class" N-series cars. The usual green-tinted window (which is typically seen in Sport Mode events and GT League races) would then only appear in this scenario, rather than having cars not already in that power range be completely omitted from view, forcing you to view all cars in your garage until you find the car that can potentially have its power raised/lowered to the class you've selected, and/or the HP/weight limits that've been selected the lobby.

And as a side note, I'd really like it if we could lower the maximum power for lobbies to as low as 10hp, as I had an idea for a makeshift "N50" where the maximum power would be 48hp. But the potential maximum power limit only lets you go to 98hp at the moment.

Last edited:
I've been playing with the ABS off since around May or June, with all the other TCS and aids off. Actually don't know if it actually makes any difference, people say you're slower, but I'm not having that issue...there is more tire slip for spin out potential when braking but its manageable if you pace the brakes and throttle out, and don't slam the brakes

I feel like it's inevitable that any one of the premium Alfa road cars from GT5/6 will return to GT Sport at some point.

I agree. I am kinda shocked there have not been more Alfas included in the game at this point, especially the TZ3 Stradale and the 8C. Also shocked the Corvette C6 ZR1 have not been added, as well. It will be very interesting to see how the next couple of months come together with the content, for tracks and cars.

I agree. I am kinda shocked there have not been more Alfas included in the game at this point, especially the TZ3 Stradale and the 8C. Also shocked the Corvette C6 ZR1 have not been added, as well. It will be very interesting to see how the next couple of months come together with the content, for tracks and cars.
I thought the game will probably have reached around 500 cars before the next GT comes out? It was PD's target before they will shut down the servers for GTS. I also noticed the game's monthly added cars had dwindled down to four cars added in each update. Because of this, I believe not all cars we are expecting to come will probably make into the game.

Back