Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Sound comparisons with DiRT Rally 2.0. There are some noticable modifiers in DR 2.0 like some antilag and short gearing but the rest should be accurate.

Part 1.....

Part 2.....

GTSport is pretty close, I'll give credit for that.

Different cars, but these are valid comparisons. Well done. 👍

To me it's clear that DR sounds much more natural in almost (if not all) aspects. Rev limiter, gear shifting, pops/crackles, reverberation and replay mixing is superior on DR.

Huge difference in exhaust sounds, especially. I love the way the sound changes based on throttle input on DR, something GT lacks...

Was anyone here aware of this?

20190924_120932.jpg

Different cars, but these are valid comparisons. Well done. 👍

To me it's clear that DR sounds much more natural in almost (if not all) aspects. Rev limiter, gear shifting, pops/crackles, reverberation and replay mixing is superior on DR.

Huge difference in exhaust sounds, especially. I love the way the sound changes based on throttle input on DR, something GT lacks...
AM Gr4 is a close, oddly unbadged version of the real GT4. Fun fact: the one in GTSport is actually has a base bodykit of the commercial GT4 sold by Aston themselves, while in DR 2.0 is team modified.

Mitsubishi and Subaru turns out to be closer to its Rallycross counterparts, right from sound to the bodykit of a GrB. So enjoy this instead. (TT car has the same sound as GrB in GTSport).

I'm rather dissapointed with the Stratos and Alpine sound in GTSport. Its very synthetic, rather far from even real life counterparts.

I had some ideas for hypothetical ways that BoP could be implemented:

1. BoP ensures the power/weight ratio is as uniform as possible for all affected cars.

2. BoP ensures that the power and weight are as uniform as possible.

3. BoP ensures that the power and weight are as uniform as possible, but this would also apply to the downforce and final gear ratio.

Would any of these be that bad? It could also be more efficient than using AI and testing each of the the eligible cars’ times set on various courses. I think that last option would especially help with Gr.1. I also don’t fully agree with making sub-classes as much as I think there should be more events that limit you to select cars within a class; I think having relatively unusual and/or anachronistic fields of cars is part of GT’s appeal to both players and spectators. Also, this would be for the classes other than the N-series, as I have separate thoughts on balancing those groups.

There could potentially be some more minute BoP adjustments to account for hybrid cars, cars with ERS/DRS/etc. mechanics, and tire/fuel consumption, but I also think that the race’s settings could work to balance those particular factors instead, like with forcing pitstops, as I think BoP should effectively balance the cars regardless of whether tire/fuel consumption is on.

I also think that we should be able to see more than just the top 10 times for an event. Like the best times per region level (e.g. nation & state) or best time set with each eligible car, complete with the percentage it deviates from the best time. Or even something similar to usage stats.

I suppose that I'd like to encourage the fields to be relatively diverse instead of just always following a very clear meta.

Last edited:
AM Gr4 is a close, oddly unbadged version of the real GT4. Fun fact: the one in GTSport is actually has a base bodykit of the commercial GT4 sold by Aston themselves, while in DR 2.0 is team modified.

Mitsubishi and Subaru turns out to be closer to its Rallycross counterparts, right from sound to the bodykit of a GrB. So enjoy this instead. (TT car has the same sound as GrB in GTSport).

I'm rather dissapointed with the Stratos and Alpine sound in GTSport. Its very synthetic, rather far from even real life counterparts.

I think I remember Kazunori explaining the process of sound design in a little video that they combine both synthetic and real recording (samples).
Also here I got a better stock stratos sound one for ya:

Indeed while sounds have been really updated from what we last got its still leave much more to be desired, a proper intake sound when reving up the car should be one imo.

Everytime you rev up a car you can hear theres like a slight delay from when you press the throttle making a "clicking" sound effect, in some cars its more present than others. Heres an example.

Now I am not a car nerd myself but I believe this may be due to some cars depending on their filter sizes causing them a little more time to suck in the air that goes through the intake?

Either way this effect is totally absent in GT Sport causing them to sound more synthetic than they used to be.

Not Spa.... but the boring Tokyo track with rain....
PD playing with our nerves or something bigger is coming in next months...

What do you think of my prior post ITT regarding BoP?

Also, does anyone have a good idea why the Nissan GT-R Cup is named as such and not the more traditional "Race of the Red 'R' Emblem"? My only guess is that the event is described as permitting all Skyline models even if they're not GT-Rs, whereas the R35 drops the Skyline label. But don't only the GT-R models have the actual red R emblem?

Hi. Can you guys tell what are the [# xxxx ] numbers under some of the scape photo comments? :dunce:

IIRC they're like ID numbers for each scape, so you can search by ID number when viewing the main scapes menu to find that scape.

Just tried joining a friend's lobby... showcases my car as it loads and it freezes halfway through.

Why is this glitch STILL in the game?? I have to close the game and reopen it several times to join the lobby or give up all together.

Guys!

On an unrelated note: Does changing the Rim Size in the Livery Editor affects car performance?
Good question. For one, I don't think it adds or removes weight. Two, I haven't confirmed if acceleration and lap times remain the same, improved or are slower.

Back