Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Random question. Is there anyway we can change the music played in-game (such as maybe adding music files to our PS4 library, and/or disabling some of the songs the game plays)?

You cannot not disable individual tracks on the playlist, but for menu BGM you can switch between two modes. Switching to "transmission mode" will mainly replace most of the vocal tracks with jazzy and ambient tracks from older GT games, while still keeping the ambient tracks from the default playlist. I use this mode myself. As for importing your own tracks, not sure.

You probably already know this, but music volume can also be turned down for races and replays if you only want music in the menus, for example.

Ngl I think it’d be great if we could access uploaded replays without needing to load GT Sport itself. Like maybe through a desktop/mobile app?

Thanks guys!

I don’t have Spotify, but now there may be a reason to get it.

And yeah, I have the race music down a bit, but I may mute it altogether. I like the idea of that transmission mode for the menu music though. I’ll give that a try. Thanks again!

Ngl I think it’d be great if we could access uploaded replays without needing to load GT Sport itself. Like maybe through a desktop/mobile app?
I’m new to GTS but I know it’s not possible in SFV because the replays are mostly generated by duplicating the game inputs into the game engine, so the game engine needs to be running.

You can setup an iOS device (and maybe android too) to access the PS4 through the Remote Play app so you can access the game and watch your replays remotely.

They're not replay videos, they're replay files. They need GT Sport to reconstruct them.
Yeah, but I was hoping there could someday be an easier way to export them to YouTube or something like that. You don’t think there could be a part of a mobile/desktop app that could read the files? But it also sounds like Remote Play can do that, as @Mattatsu mentioned.

What do you recommend, in any case? Recording a replay with the PS4’s native recording, then exporting the resulting recording to Twitch/YouTube/etc. sounds like a good idea. Especially when compared to trying to livestream gameplay on Twitch, where I either can have it at 60fps but really blurry from time to time, or at 30fps but much more consistently clear.

Yeah, but I was hoping there could someday be an easier way to export them to YouTube or something like that.
They'd need to be converted to video files, which would require GT Sport.
You don’t think there could be a part of a mobile/desktop app that could read the files?
Not unless they happen to contain all of GT Sport's relevant code for races.
But it also sounds like Remote Play can do that.
Remote Play doesn't "read the files" - it uses the PS4 playing GT Sport to convert the replay files into replays, which you'd then record off-screen. The PS4's own Share features do that.

It sounds like fascinating technology, either way.
Remote Play just allows you to use your iOS device as a controller and monitor in one device, so as you’re lying in bed, you can load GT sport (or any other game) and play it. The controls in nearly every game I’ve played (other than maybe Mega Man) are pretty cumbersome though. It’s just handy to watch replays and maybe make liveries and things like that.

One thing I forgot to mention is that your device has to be connected to the same network (phone has to have a wifi connection to the same router), so you can only really use it when you’re already home. I use from time to time when in bed, or am lazy.

The idea for that is security, because if you can access it when not at home, then anyone could potentially access it too. I think there may be a way around it (like maybe logging into your home network remotely) but I haven’t tried it.

Just completed all of Mission Challenges on Gold. Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed how many of them were rather easy, with only a few requiring more than one attempt to complete

Anyways, not sure if it'll be of any help, but if anybody's struggling with Stage 6 - Mission 8, I've got a tip:
  • Set traction control to 0
  • Pick Medium tyres (you can go with Hards as they will last you whole race, but you may not have enough grip for Gold). Definitely don't recommend Softs, they'll die before you'll have to pit
  • Once you have the control, switch to Fuel Map and keep it at 1-3. If you go lower - you won't have enough power
  • Now, your main objective is to catch the race leader within 12 laps, else you might not have time to close the gap
  • Race leader will pit in on Lap 12 and fill the fuel tank to 100%. Overtake him, build a gap as big as you can (15-20 seconds is the bare minimum), pit in on Lap 13
  • Here, fill your fuel tank fully. Don't change the tyres to save time. On pit exit you should come out on track right alongside or just behind the leader
  • Switch to Fuel Map 1 and keep going. Once #1 is overtaken - switch to Fuel Map 6, let him overtake you, and continue on like that until Lap 23
  • On Lap 23, race leader will pit in and you should follow suit. Change your tyres to Softs (or keep Hards if that's what you picked initially), and since you should have enough fuel left to last you another ~6 laps before pitting, just pour in a little bit of fuel, stop refueling manually
  • Boom, now you should exit on first place. From here on out, go pedal to the metal, Fuel Map 1, don't make any mistakes, and the Gold trophy will be yours
Remember - if you are not right behind #1 before Lap 12 - just restart and keep trying

Just completed all of Mission Challenges on Gold. Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed how many of them were rather easy, with only a few requiring more than one attempt to complete

Anyways, not sure if it'll be of any help, but if anybody's struggling with Stage 6 - Mission 8, I've got a tip:
  • Set traction control to 0
  • Pick Medium tyres (you can go with Hards as they will last you whole race, but you may not have enough grip for Gold). Definitely don't recommend Softs, they'll die before you'll have to pit
  • Once you have the control, switch to Fuel Map and keep it at 1-3. If you go lower - you won't have enough power
  • Now, your main objective is to catch the race leader within 12 laps, else you might not have time to close the gap
  • Race leader will pit in on Lap 12 and fill the fuel tank to 100%. Overtake him, build a gap as big as you can (15-20 seconds is the bare minimum), pit in on Lap 13
  • Here, fill your fuel tank fully. Don't change the tyres to save time. On pit exit you should come out on track right alongside or just behind the leader
  • Switch to Fuel Map 1 and keep going. Once #1 is overtaken - switch to Fuel Map 6, let him overtake you, and continue on like that until Lap 23
  • On Lap 23, race leader will pit in and you should follow suit. Change your tyres to Softs (or keep Hards if that's what you picked initially), and since you should have enough fuel left to last you another ~6 laps before pitting, just pour in a little bit of fuel, stop refueling manually
  • Boom, now you should exit on first place. From here on out, go pedal to the metal, Fuel Map 1, don't make any mistakes, and the Gold trophy will be yours
Remember - if you are not right behind #1 before Lap 12 - just restart and keep trying
Damn man, you picked this game up really well. I got it a week ago and am not even done stage 3 yet, and most of them need multiple retries (especially in stage 3). Before 3, I was sailing though (except 2-4 on Big Willow, which took me a lot of tries and time trial practice to beat).

Damn man, you picked this game up really well. I got it a week ago and am not even done stage 3 yet, and most of them need multiple retries (especially in stage 3). Before 3, I was sailing though (except 2-4 on Big Willow, which took me a lot of tries and time trial practice to beat).
Stage 3 is hella easy if you know what you're doing, the entire grid can be overtaken within 1 lap. Rally ones are a bit of a pain but still doable.

IMO 1-4, 4-6, 5-8, 6-2, 6-8, 8-6 and 8-7 are the toughest by far, just due to their nature
2-6, 3-5, 4-2, 4-7, 5-6, 8-1 and 8-4 can be tricky to get Gold on
entirety of 7-1 through 7-8 are basically stage sections, you just gotta make sure to not to go off track
8-8 requires some mastery of Nordschleife to keep a good race pace and a correct pit timing, might take a few tries to get right
The rest can be done with your eyes closed really

We've heard an interesting thing about the Beetle Gr.3 in the live stream of National Athletic Meet a few days ago.

YAM said that car was designed by Volkswagen themselves.
What a surprise. It has lots of unique equipments which other Gr.3 car doesn't have, but that was designed by VW designers...

There're three guys' names who are (were) designers work(ed) in VW on its left rear quarter window, now it's clear they had designed the beast.

Now Beetle is out of production, so I'm really sad that it'll not appear in real life forever...

Had anyone cared about its canards before?
I wondered how it looks, and I have watched the right one from various angles... and figured out that its shape ain't common thing.

The fourth image is just my guess, so note that it might not be correct...
But I can imagine no other shape...

Last edited:
I'm finishing Circuit Experience and I really liked it! I was afraid of the Rally ones but those were by far my best times. Only La Sarthe and Nurburgring to go. All gold so far!

I was planning to finish all the single-player content before jumping online but couldn't do so, now I find it kinda boring to play against AI.

I wish we could see more championships other than the FIAGTCs, the exhibition series, and the GR Supra Cup. Ideally, I'd imagine GTS would provide a solid infrastructure for setting these things up, rather than having some championships be done through lobby races - I think there was a series with Alonso and another with Playstation Italy that ended up doing that latter method. I can't even recall if the JP-exclusive series, like the Super Formula one, were actually executed through the championships tab.

EDIT: I do hope Daytona could come in at some point, too - especially with the infield course, given that it's host to what's arguably the world's most famous American-set race, almost as famous as other endurance races like the Le Mans 24h or Suzuka 1000km.

Last edited:
Finally managed to get around to grind and plow my way through and finish the last 30-50 races in Sport mode for the 'Complete 322 races in Sport mode' trophy, and then get the Platinum trophy.

I am not touching Sport mode again. Ever.

I understand that now in 2019, most games are based on multiplayer and thats cool. But for me, Gran Turismo is also alot based on singleplayer campaigns, challenges and stuff like that. And GT Sport just doesn't give me the same feeling that GT1 to GT6 did.

I wish we could see more championships other than the FIAGTCs, the exhibition series, and the GR Supra Cup. Ideally, I'd imagine GTS would provide a solid infrastructure for setting these things up, rather than having some championships be done through lobby races - I think there was a series with Alonso and another with Playstation Italy that ended up doing that latter method
NASCAR, IndyCar, WTCC would be great to see represented in GTS proper, same with JGTC

F1 and/or F2 would also be welcome additions, but since Codemasters have the official iicense and the 2017 Mercedes is literally the only Formula car besides the Dallaras - it looks we might not see those ever, or not until 2021 anyway when the series undergoes through major regulation changes

NASCAR, IndyCar, WTCC would be great to see represented in GTS proper, same with JGTC

F1 and/or F2 would also be welcome additions, but since Codemasters have the official iicense and the 2017 Mercedes is literally the only Formula car besides the Dallaras - it looks we might not see those ever, or not until 2021 anyway when the series undergoes through major regulation changes

I think just the W08 would be fine, as would a single, more recent Indycar chassis. I also think that as far as NASCAR goes, just one car from each of the major automakers would work, and maybe for each season that's been in GT, as well, rather than all the cars that only have different sponsors/drivers. At the least, I think the Jeff Gordon cars should be there since he was present for a segment in GT5.

But some older F1 cars would be good, too - especially those from prior GT games, like the two Ferraris from GT5, the Lotus that got replaced by the F1500T-A, and maybe even the actual F1 cars that the GT3 and GT4 formula cars were based on. In general, these formula cars would each be in Gr.X, as they'd be good for one-makes instead of trying to have notably different technology pitted against each other. Maybe to replace one of the GT3 F1 cars would be an actual McLaren-Honda car driven by Senna, as I'm pretty sure one of those cars from GT3 was modeled on one driven by Senna.

I think just having the real-world equivalent of the F688/S and F094/S would be enough, as that'd be two different engines (V6 and V10) and they'd be different enough as far as their years go, (1988 and 1994) versus having all six GT3 F1 cars added as their real-world versions. As for the F094/S, it's apparently based on a Williams F1 car that uses a Renault engine, so maybe it could be found under the Renault Sport brand - much like how the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail was obtainable at the BMW dealership in GT4, as it used a BMW engine.

In total, the F1 cars in GT, from prior installments, would be as follows:

Lotus 97T (aka F1500T-A)
McLaren MP4/4 (aka F688/S)
Renault Sport-Williams FW16 (aka F094/S)
Renault Sport R24 (aka Formula Gran Turismo)
Ferrari F2007
Ferrari F10
Mercedes-AMG W08

Of course, I'd love other F1 cars, too, like the much older Honda F1 cars from the 60s, or that Lamborghini-powered Minardi that was a flop in real life. I honestly wouldn't even mind it if there was a Gr.F for formula cars, as I think unusual fields of cars is part of GT's strength as both a game and as something to watch. And in that case, we could see a lot of manufacturer representation between the chassis and engine-builders. But I'd be fine if each car was in Gr.X and meant for one-make races, too.

Last edited:
I think just the W08 would be fine, as would a single, more recent Indycar chassis. I also think that as far as NASCAR goes, just one car from each of the major automakers would work, and maybe for each season that's been in GT, as well, rather than all the cars that only have different sponsors/drivers. At the least, I think the Jeff Gordon cars should be there since he was present for a segment in GT5.
Oh absolutely - we have livery editor to cover all the teams and sponsors anyway, just give us the base chassis from each manuf

In total, the F1 cars in GT would be as follows:

Lotus 97T (aka F1500T-A)
McLaren MP4/4 (aka F688/S)
Renault Sport-Williams FW16 (aka F094/S)
[car from 2004 F1 season] (aka Formula Gran Turismo)
Ferrari F2007
Ferrari F10
Mercedes-AMG W08

How about the weird experimental F1 cars? Like Brawn GP, the "fan car" the 6-wheeler, etc?

In Arcade Time Trial, how do you load your fastest ghost from a previous session?

Once I get a new best time and am back in the Start Time Trial screen, I’ll go up to Replay and then chose “Save Best Lap Replay”. Before the next attempt at a later session, I’ll go to Load Ghost and chose that one, but it never appears. The only ghost that appears is from that session, once I start my second lap.

In Arcade Time Trial, how do you load your fastest ghost from a previous session?

Once I get a new best time and am back in the Start Time Trial screen, I’ll go up to Replay and then chose “Save Best Lap Replay”. Before the next attempt at a later session, I’ll go to Load Ghost and chose that one, but it never appears. The only ghost that appears is from that session, once I start my second lap.
When things like that happen, I always think about trying it out on a different account.

I understand that now in 2019, most games are based on multiplayer and thats cool. But for me, Gran Turismo is also alot based on singleplayer campaigns, challenges and stuff like that. And GT Sport just doesn't give me the same feeling that GT1 to GT6 did.
Probably because the game is a spin-off from the main GT titles but the saddest part about it is that for active GT players who still play online, they have no choice other than to play the game because it's the only GT title available for the PS4 as PD never made GT6 for it when the game was released way back in 2013.

Probably because the game is a spin-off from the main GT titles but the saddest part about it is that for active GT players who still play online, they have no choice other than to play the game because it's the only GT title available for the PS4 as PD never made GT6 for it when the game was released way back in 2013.
Yeah, thats another thing.

If they had only had the GT6 (and would love GT5) online servers up still, I would have no complains about the multiplayer aspects of GT at the current date.

Me and some friends played alot of online in GT5 and GT6.

But it is what it is. Can only hope for a better release in the next title.

Yeah, thats another thing.

If they had only had the GT6 (and would love GT5) online servers up still, I would have no complains about the multiplayer aspects of GT at the current date.

Me and some friends played alot of online in GT5 and GT6.

But it is what it is. Can only hope for a better release in the next title.
Yeah, we can't change history and that all makes us frown. :guilty:

So we'll only move on and expect something better in the succeeding title.

Kie mentioned in one of his streams yesterday on GRID that Silverstone is coming to GT Sport but no mention as to when or how ready it is for launch

Kie mentioned in one of his streams yesterday on GRID that Silverstone is coming to GT Sport but no mention as to when or how ready it is for launch
Going from the situation regarding Spa... it'll probably take a while. :lol:

But that aside that's very good news, I definitely would like to see more new tracks added instead of new layouts or the same layouts + rain.

Huh, logged in today and was greeted by a Supra related survey offer. If you complete it - you'll receive a special Nurburgring 24H livery edition of the GZ Supra ingame. Reward distribution period kickoff is perfect - December 16th, which is my birthday

Huh, logged in today and was greeted by a Supra related survey offer. If you complete it - you'll receive a special Nurburgring 24H livery edition of the GZ Supra ingame. Reward distribution period kickoff is perfect - December 16th, which is my birthday
Hmm your a little late... lol

(Refer to the other thread and news item)

PS happy birthday for the 16th December in case I forget!

Alright, so I had GT Sport for about a week now and I feel like listing the gripes I have with the game, pardon me if it's a little long winded

1. I've probably mentioned this before, but I strongly disagree with Sport being a live service title. You all know that the game was rather barebones at launch, with very few cars, tracks and content, and it took well over a year to shape it into something that more or less looks like a traditional Gran Turismo game, not to mention it being server-dependent by nature. I don't mind PD giving more attention to online (it was objectively mediocre in 5 and 6), just don't neglect customers that brought the series to where it is now popularity-wise. I obviously don't know what their relationship with Sony is like, but either something needs to change in PD's development pipeline, or they should've just skipped 6 (unless it was mandated by Sony) and go straight into Sport's development, which would've given PD something like 4-5 years of dev time
  2. Why does GT League not award any cars for All Gold? Don't get me wrong, Sport literally showered me in gift cars from day one (and I now have over 70, with only a dozen being credit purchases), it just feels weird to at least not have a pre-determined reward and League leaves an impression it exists solely for credit farming now as opposed to past games
  3. Why can't we just repaint a car in a dedicated menu? I get that PD adding a full on livery editor is an amazing feature (and I hope they keep it for future titles too), but...come on. I have to create a new livery just for a body color change? Quite a hassle for something so trivial if you ask me
  4. Why are there so few search filters for the Discover menu? If I'm looking for a livery for a specific car, all I can mention is some vague tags (that not players even set), and it always shows me latest uploads first. What if I want to see the most popular ones instead? Or the oldest uploads? So silly
  5. Why can't we immediately watch a replay of an online race after it's concluded? You have to save it, quit the race, go back to main screen, access My Library, and only then play it. Does the process really have to be consisting of this many steps? Again, like with car paint color - something so trivial shouldn't require so many actions
  6. Why is there Ghosting in online races in general? I'd understand if it was reserved for Lobby races (which often can turn into a poopshow full of reckless drivers), but you'd think this would not be a thing in the "Official FIA" races. Not only Ghosting makes the Blue Flags obsolete (faster cars can just pass through you anyway), there is no visual cue for when a car becomes solid, so it can result in unwanted contacts or even collisions. Just get rid of it entirely
  7. Also related to online races (especially ones in Sport mode) - why is there Auto Drive and short rolling starts? I was hoping there would be full on formation laps with tyre warm ups (this is something that iRacing does for its official competitions by the way), but here there's just an awkward pause after showing the grid table, followed by CPU driving until the countdown, and only then you're given full control of the car. Meh.
  8. Why is there a full on pit-out animation for Practice and Qualy, yet when you pit out during the main race you're immediately teleported to the pit exit? You're losing time regardless, that's the natural risk/reward element of a pit strategy (and why it can make or break a pole in real racing as well)
  9. Also on the subject of pit stops, why do tyre changes and refuels happen one after another instead of simultaneously regardless of what Group you're participating in or what car you're driving? Different categories and competitions have different rules for how a pit stop is handled (e.g. F1 - all tyres changed at same time, Indycar - tyre change and refueling at same time, Le Mans - refueling is taking place while other activities are in order), yet GT Sport just uses one sequence for everything
  10. Why is there a need to show these fancy intros for every race we participate in? Specifically for Nations Cup and Manufacturer Series - it takes a solid couple of minutes to go through the whole thing, with the entire grid showcase one by one probably being the worst offender. Is it really just for the purposes of the eSports streams?
  11. I don't know whether PD intends on keeping the Penalty and Rating systems for the next GT game, but both need to be completely overhauled. Penalty appliances seem to be happening to drivers at random or when they're completely innocent, while nobody cares about the Driver and Sportmanship ratings - I'm still seeing folks driving like complete jackasses, bumping and taking out others, so the rating literally feels like a very abritrary and silly "hey be a good boy, k?" kind of thing, with its only use being filtering out idiots for Lobbies. Matchmaking also needs improvements as I see people with REALLY bad connections popping in here and there
  12. Prices for the most expensive cars are honestly insane. 20 Million credits, when that's the maximum cap you can have? Really? Now, obviously these cars can become a prize at any given time or day, or you could just buy them for like 5$ a piece, and you're not obligated to own them at all. But even in past GT games the most expensive cars were more or less obtainable easily, hell in GT4 B-spec could make you rich within hours. But IMO they went a bit overboard with car prices. Same could be said for Vision GT vehicles, as I don't get why, for example, a Tomahawk costs as much as the small Daihatsu VGT car, if anything the latter should cost half the price
That's about it as far as the major complaints go. I coud also mention more minor things like the weird shadows rendering, lack of universal settings for Chase Camera and Cockpit Camera, display bugs like showing time for races as "25:40" instead of "00:40" (pretty sure there are only 24 hours in a day), though seems some of them are intentional design decisions.

Wanted to also comment on Sport missing certain cars (like Bentley Speed 8, BMW M3 GTR, Ford Mustang '05, Subaru Impreza '03, etc) and certain tracks (Silverstone, Spa, Laguna Seca, Sebring, Albert Park, Monaco, etc), but since this is a live service game I guess all that's left is sit and wait whether they make it or not, especially since PS5 is coming next year and for all we know the support could stop at any time to focus on a next generation Gran turismo title

Last edited:
Back