Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
There are only seven work days left in the month, so not knowing when the October release is coming feels odd when taking its promised significance into account.

PD like to keep it until the closest time to release to announce but we have the world tour event in Tokyo this weekend so the staff will be a little
busy!

It seems fairly clear however the update will be after the world tour event and going by previous DLC it will either be on the Tuesday/Wednesday
next week, Thursday at very latest I suspect! (my own speculation!)

There are only seven work days left in the month, so not knowing when the October release is coming feels odd when taking its promised significance into account.
Well, that's the impression you'll get once you're expecting and it didn't came at all. For now, there's still hope though because this month is still not finished yet.

PD like to keep it until the closest time to release to announce but we have the world tour event in Tokyo this weekend so the staff will be a little
busy!

It seems fairly clear however the update will be after the world tour event and going by previous DLC it will either be on the Tuesday/Wednesday
next week, Thursday at very latest I suspect! (my own speculation!)

In all likelihood you are probably right about early next week.

But why is it coming?

/s

Because it's October and the October update has been known about for at least two months now.

Well, that's the impression you'll get once you're expecting and it didn't came at all. For now, there's still hope though because this month is still not finished yet.

I really am not much of a hurry for them since none of them are for the VR....

Also, speaking of Gr.1, I checked the stock downforce settings on the XJR-9 and the 908 HDI FAP, and they appear to be the same. So why is it that the Group C cars are better in straights while the modern LMPs are better in turns? I wanna say downforce (specifically, the former has less and the latter has more) but that doesn’t seem to be a factor, given that they’re at the same setting as-stock. Is it really just the stock gear ratios and brakes between the two sorts of cars? Why does it feel like the modern LMPs are faster around turns? Maybe it’s just me?

Sorry to bother again, but could someone help me answer this question?

Well i think of it like playing a mobile level system game for example lets same both cars have 200 points of downforce on the rear but the Jaguar has Level 1 downforce whille the Peugeot has Level 5 etc . But thats the most simple way i can explain it im not even gonna try getting technical and stuff :lol: .

Yeah but the TS020 was in LMGTP, right? A bit more than GT1 like the R390 or CLK-GTR. Gr.1 is also where the Bentley Speed 8 would go, as it was another car in LMGTP.

Also, speaking of Gr.1, I checked the stock downforce settings on the XJR-9 and the 908 HDI FAP, and they appear to be the same. So why is it that the Group C cars are better in straights while the modern LMPs are better in turns? I wanna say downforce (specifically, the former has less and the latter has more) but that doesn’t seem to be a factor, given that they’re at the same setting as-stock. Is it really just the stock gear ratios and brakes between the two sorts of cars? Why does it feel like the modern LMPs are faster around turns? Maybe it’s just me?
Can’t speak about downforce levels as I’ve not really looked into it. But mechanical grip alone will be much better on the 908. Power levels of the Group C cars in ‘stock’ form are 150-200bhp more than the real examples. For example the XJR-9LM in game has over 900bhp. The real car has closer to 720bhp.

The exception is the 962C which in stock form has around 610bhp. The real cars, in late ‘80’s spec, ran with 700-800bhp.

Yeah but the TS020 was in LMGTP, right? A bit more than GT1 like the R390 or CLK-GTR. Gr.1 is also where the Bentley Speed 8 would go, as it was another car in LMGTP.

They may APPEAR to be the same but they aren't. If you know anything about motor racing, you'd know that Group C cars are greatly inferior compared to the modern LMP1's in terms of downforce. The Group C cars aren't able to go through the corners quickly, but in conjunction with the high power output, they can go really fast on the straights. Overall, the modern prototypes are faster because they take the turns quicker than the Group C cars, which cancels out the straight line deficit. The Group C cars have downforce levels closer to GT3, whilst the modern ones have downforce levels closer to a Formula 1 car. In fact, the Group C cars probably have less aero efficiency than a GT3 car.

Go @Igor Fraga

75349055_2537373739921336_5290240733222010880_n.jpg

They may APPEAR to be the same but they aren't. If you know anything about motor racing, you'd know that Group C cars are greatly inferior compared to the modern LMP1's in terms of downforce. The Group C cars aren't able to go through the corners quickly, but in conjunction with the high power output, they can go really fast on the straights. Overall, the modern prototypes are faster because they take the turns quicker than the Group C cars, which cancels out the straight line deficit. The Group C cars have downforce levels closer to GT3, whilst the modern ones have downforce levels closer to a Formula 1 car. In fact, the Group C cars probably have less aero efficiency than a GT3 car.
Group C cars could produce a load of downforce but not so much in their Le Mans config. Am sure they are a lot less than the TS050 for example . But if we take for example the XJR-9. You can get some data here: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/aerodatabasejaguarxjr-9.html

in its Sprint config at top speed it was making over 5000lbs of downforce, that is a pretty huge number.

Again this is a few years old but the TS030 was doing these figures:
09_s.png

That is about 3200lbs.

The reason Group C cars are faster in the straights is due to having lower drag, And they have lower drag as they use a larger proportion of ground effect to create downforce than more modern cars with their planks and the like on the underfloor.

Last edited:

Even when both cars are pulling the same amounts of downforce, there many are differences between the chassis, suspension layouts, weight distribution, drive train, on top of the modern racecars having aerodynamic sculpts that are projected for better cornering instead of top speed.

So both of them can be pulling the same amounts of downforce, but that is just a number, it doesn't specificy how efficiently the cars are pulling those numbers.

I read previously that there was another variant of the Zagato VGT that we haven’t seen in-game yet, that has a more notable rear wing, and a Callaway engine. (Idk where this engine info for the as-of unused car comes from, nor how a prior poster knows the currently in-game Zagato VGT has some specific sort of Nissan engine.) I also noticed that in the description for the Zagato VGT, it greatly implies it’s meant to race against Ferraris and Lamborghinis, which it can’t do too well in Gr.X. Maybe the other Zagato VGT could end up being in Gr.3, where there is indeed a car each from Ferrari and Lamborghini...

Looked at the full resolution off Twitter, top two look like Mercedes. I think I can make out the badge on the front bumper of top left, and there’s the unmistakable hood ornament on top right. The one on the right looks very old if I saw what I think I saw in the details of the front trim.

Bottom left is obviously the Taycan, right is clearly a Lamborghini, looks Aventador-y.

It appears this makes the trifecta of region-themed updates? Japan, then US, now Europe? Though you almost say exclusively Germany, with VAG/Audi owning Lamborghini.

Looked at the full resolution off Twitter, top two look like Mercedes. I think I can make out the badge on the front bumper of top left, and there’s the unmistakable hood ornament on top right. The one on the right looks very old if I saw what I think I saw in the details of the front trim.

The grille is too slim, plus Mercedes-AMG cars go with the vertical slits in their grilles now.
Did some cross-referencing and the Mazda Demio fits perfectly.

Mazda Demio (or maybe a new gen A-Class), Grosser (road or race version), Taycan and probably a Lambo, though the exact model is throwing me, could be the LP750-4 SV. Not the SVJ, rear wings don't match

Back