Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Gr.1 initially seems like a good idea for the GT-One, but if we possibly get more new cars, you can’t imagine seeing the Porsche or Nissan GT1 cars against the hybrid LMP1 cars
They'd end up being in Gr. 2 instead. Even the McLaren F1 GTR longtail (the short-tail is a Gr. 3 car) and Mercedes CLK GTR/LM would end up there in Gr. 2 as well. They're still GT cars.

The FIA GT1 version of the TS020 GT-One could also likely be in Gr. 2 as well, despite its Gr. 1-looks. Just saying...

Yeah, Gr.2 seems perfect. The longtail F1 GTR also competed in the top category of the JGTC in the early 2000s so it would be a good fit

This doesn’t change that it’ll be incredibly off pace compared to the 2017 GT500 cars in the class, let alone the older cars

Fraga finishing in the top 3 this season and next day he testing with Calrin with other top driver dan tickum
IMG_4569.PNG

Would it not be possible with some serious editing using the presets and sliders with a background mask?

I did it!! Beat the 30min endurance in Interlagos fairly easily and the 30 laps with the Porsche too. Actually, I'm very surprised by how much I improved since I got the game.
The first time I tried this 30-lap race I finished 2nd and quite far from the Ferrari. Today I finished 40 seconds ahead of the Ferrari, I couldn't believe it!!!

Now I wanna complete all single-player races. I know they are not that challenging but I gotta do this!

The good thing about the campaign mode is the opportunity to try different cars. I'm loving driving the 99' Impreza in the 4wd challenge. So much fun!!

EDIT: WTF!! Brands, 4wd challenge, last lap, I'm first. Out of nowhere a Peugeot L500R VGT shows up on my mirror like a bullet. He started last and destroyed everyone else, I had to drive dirty on the last corner to win. =( He wasn't supposed to be there lol!!!

EDIT2: Last race of 4wd challenge, Sardegna. Time for my Impreza to shine, and it did!! I'm not bragging about beating the CPU but poor TTs and GT-Rs!

Last edited:
The good thing about the campaign mode is the opportunity to try different cars. I'm loving driving the 99' Impreza in the 4wd challenge. So much fun!!

EDIT: WTF!! Brands, 4wd challenge, last lap, I'm first. Out of nowhere a Peugeot L500R VGT shows up on my mirror like a bullet. He started last and destroyed everyone else, I had to drive dirty on the last corner to win. =( He wasn't supposed to be there lol!!!

EDIT2: Last race of 4wd challenge, Sardegna. Time for my Impreza to shine, and it did!! I'm not bragging about beating the CPU but poor TTs and GT-Rs!
I did the 4WD event at St Croix B last night and had the L500R VGT do exactly that. I came second by 0.065s but retried it and won by 1.4s. Both times I used a stock R34 GT-R V.Spec II.

Last edited:
Gr.1 initially seems like a good idea for the GT-One, but if we possibly get more new cars, you can’t imagine seeing the Porsche or Nissan GT1 cars against the hybrid LMP1 cars

Yeah but the TS020 was in LMGTP, right? A bit more than GT1 like the R390 or CLK-GTR. Gr.1 is also where the Bentley Speed 8 would go, as it was another car in LMGTP.

Also, speaking of Gr.1, I checked the stock downforce settings on the XJR-9 and the 908 HDI FAP, and they appear to be the same. So why is it that the Group C cars are better in straights while the modern LMPs are better in turns? I wanna say downforce (specifically, the former has less and the latter has more) but that doesn’t seem to be a factor, given that they’re at the same setting as-stock. Is it really just the stock gear ratios and brakes between the two sorts of cars? Why does it feel like the modern LMPs are faster around turns? Maybe it’s just me?

I hope Kazunori will post an "Update is coming next week..." post this week!

I wonder if we will get another silhouette just before the event starts (say Thursday), like we did last time around. But then, last time they didn't use any of the new cars in the Tour races.

The fact we have a N500 race and 2 TBAs looks suspiciously like we might get a new N500 car and maybe another new car being used in the TBA Tour event. If that's the case, we might not get a silhouette as the new cars will be unveiled in the races instead?

I don't know if there is a thread for this, so it might need moved but I was able to successfully dispute livestreams that were falsely copyright claimed even though the music played was through Transmission Mode

The fact we have a N500 race and 2 TBAs looks suspiciously like we might get a new N500 car and maybe another new car being used in the TBA Tour event. If that's the case, we might not get a silhouette as the new cars will be unveiled in the races instead?
Well one of the TBA cars is probably the Porsche Taycan. This quote from PlayStation confirms an October release:

"Feel the sheer suspense as you imagine yourself in the driver’s seat of the Taycan Turbo S, long open track ahead, 761 hp of Overboost Power at your disposal. The upcoming Gran Turismo Sport update for PlayStation arrives in October and comes complimentary for all Gran Turismo owners."

Well one of the TBA cars is probably the Porsche Taycan. This quote from PlayStation confirms an October release:

"Feel the sheer suspense as you imagine yourself in the driver’s seat of the Taycan Turbo S, long open track ahead, 761 hp of Overboost Power at your disposal. The upcoming Gran Turismo Sport update for PlayStation arrives in October and comes complimentary for all Gran Turismo owners."
I don’t think the Taycan will be in the N Classes. It should be in Gr.X with the Model S and i3. If the Taycan is in the N Classes and the Model S/i3 in Gr.X, I think that’ll be a dumb move. Maybe they might fix the classes with this update. Vulcan in Gr.X, FT-1 in N500 etc.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of turbo boost err overboost. *hums theme from Knight Rider*

You're probably right that the Porsche Toucan will feature in one of the TBA races. I'm wondering if we'll see any other aviary vehicles. Hudson Hawk? Ford Thunder-bird? Robin Reliant? :lol:

More seriously, with that amount of power and whatever overboost is :boggled:, it seems this will be Group X and its also unlikely that this is going to qualify for the Porsche GT League event so, apart from the inevitable Hotlap at Nurburgring GP, the Taycan might well be consigned to limited use in the game, which would be a waste in my opinion.

There are only seven work days left in the month, so not knowing when the October release is coming feels odd when taking its promised significance into account.

Back