Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
A Bugatti GR.3 just needs the aero from the Gr.1 car, dialed back.
This a gut reaction from Sony dependent on the game.

Right now Sony have a slew of ps4 exclusives on sale... I'm not a fan of God of War or Zero Dawn but obviously these are very very high quality AAA titles. They also lack a bit of replayabailty?

The life cycle of these games is that they are released to much fanfare and they command a high price.... eg. upcoming Last of Us 2.

However once time goes it because bargain basement and then it languishes in the classics. At this point they are old titles not bringing that much to the table... add with that end of console gen.

In that respect I can fully understand why Sony would want to put them onto PC to get that bit extra revenue.

FURTHER, why not do a Sony PSN Store for PC? Crossbuy?

I cannot see this happening to Gran Turismo given that to the very end it drives people to their console.
I'm waiting to buy GT from the PS store and it downloads straight to my Sony TV. ;)

Or.. or... The Polyphony Digital app for my Sony TV. ;);)

Zero Dawn is coming to steam. Seems like an easy way to earn 70c on the dollar for very little downside to the Playstation brand?

I had deleted my install but after getting fed up with Pc2 i reinstalled gts, trying it again with just the ds4 gyroscope steering and i have to say I'm impressed with how believable the cars react from what i would expect. The general performance of the f40, f-type jaguar, lancer etc.
Maybe moreso than in any other game i tried. You do have to have a feathery touch on the throttle and brakes on ds4. I was trying out the laguna, nicely made.

Also the sounds, replays, menus and general polish and optimization, even the menus are fast and look good.
I was wondering.. I don't see any clutch control on ds4, is it possible to set a clutch on it?
I seem to remember there is one when using my g29. I'll try it a little later.
Also after re-installing, i still have my progress and all cars and credits but in the garage menu i don't see now the image of most cars, is there a way to fix this other than maybe reinstalling again?

Also is it possible to not have the back view on the right stick and only on the left shoulder pad? Because it be nicer if when you use the right stick to look around in the cockpit to not have the view switch to rear view suddenly each time you look downwards in front of you.
Edit: the skidding tire sounds are well done too. I dont see if there's a way to slow the replays, it be nice to have.
Edit2: the garage cars images appear now, i was only going in the garage from the custom race to change cars before, but after going in the garage directly from the menus the images reappeared.

Last edited:
Been thinking, am I the only one that would like a "hardcore" mode in GT where pit road is far less animated? Pit road speed limits, etc. You are responsible for slowing down to avoid a speeding penalty, getting down pit road. The pit stop animation takes over when you get close to your bay, then once the car drops, you are in control again.

Or am I crazy? :P

Been thinking, am I the only one that would like a "hardcore" mode in GT where pit road is far less animated? Pit road speed limits, etc. You are responsible for slowing down to avoid a speeding penalty, getting down pit road. The pit stop animation takes over when you get close to your bay, then once the car drops, you are in control again.

Or am I crazy? :P
Tbh, that's what Sport Mode should be.

I have to say it's a little unfair the way cars have been priced. I mean you have crazy high cost cars that you need use your in game credit for because you can't even buy them with real money, even though I'm not sure i would because its alot if you buy all of them.

So then you want to keep your credits for these cars so you can some day buy even just one. I mean i have only 10million after weeks of play offline.

Then you need use real money for the other cars unless you wait to earn credits again.
I mean can you win all the real money buyable cars in daily gifts? Even then it takes forever.
And the top price cars are like 20 millions lol, takes months just to buy 1.
Even if you buy all buyable cars you still wait and need play months even years to afford the top price cars. That's a bit crazy. Can you win them in offline play too?
It's free updates but you almost need to buy many of the cars and or play like a maniac for months.
And there's not even that many cars, so many cool ones missing still. Ferrari 812, Porsches 918 etc etc.
Edit:Just tried with my g29 the 911 gt3 rs 2016 on sardegna dirt track, really pretty good drive. Looks and sounds amazingly good, smooth too.
I wish they fixed the custom race options so they don't always reset to default.
Edit: the throttle and brake controls seem overly sensitive even with the wheel and pedals, i don't see a calibration and setup to adjust this? Even when on a stable application of the throttle it seems to vary or have micro cuts making the engine not smooth on the throttle, anyone have input on this?
Also is there a car bonus for winning the quick races on different difficulties?

I don't get the force feedback too much too.
Even sensitivity at 10 you barely feel it. And the torque if you put it higher than 2 or 3 you lose detail it seems. Anyone have info on this?
Edit: well i set torque at 4, i dont know, at least i feel the loss of grip and side torque a little. Maybe this game is best suited for the ds4, although it's still a little easier with a wheel.

Last edited:
Fraga finish 3rd in his 3rd race, but over all he 2nd in the championship.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-19_1-44-19.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-19_1-44-19.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 32
And the top price cars are like 20 millions lol, takes months just to buy 1.

1) Personally I see those cars as separate - just pretend in the short term that they are endgame content, or don't exist. There are plenty of cars to drive old and new that cost way less, and over time you will build credits just doing what you want. For now enjoy the game, winning cars each day saving you the outlay particularly of the common easy to win Gr3 and 4 cars at 350-450k each. If you get a duplicate gift car, sell the original you paid credits for to get roughly 1/3 of the money back.

2) If you are up for the challenge and don't mind the small outlay, the Lewis Hamilton DLC can net you millions in prizes total even if you can only get silvers for each circuit, and if you can beat the whole thing the 20m credit cap is lifted and you win 120m which puts a huge dent in buying the expensive cars.

3) Money making races - Nostalgic 1979 at Le Sarthe can win 160k or 240k clean race bonus and takes around 7min a go. It's grindy, and for a clean race you may already need a 20m car but there are also many other options in this article and subsequent 800+ post thread where people have found methods they enjoy more for making money including using rubber bands and leaving the PS4 on overnight so....there are options depending on how good, how dedicated or just how lazy you want to be!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ke-money-and-xp-in-gran-turismo-sport.373222/

1) Personally I see those cars as separate - just pretend in the short term that they are endgame content, or don't exist. There are plenty of cars to drive old and new that cost way less, and over time you will build credits just doing what you want. For now enjoy the game, winning cars each day saving you the outlay particularly of the common easy to win Gr3 and 4 cars at 350-450k each. If you get a duplicate gift car, sell the original you paid credits for to get roughly 1/3 of the money back.

2) If you are up for the challenge and don't mind the small outlay, the Lewis Hamilton DLC can net you millions in prizes total even if you can only get silvers for each circuit, and if you can beat the whole thing the 20m credit cap is lifted and you win 120m which puts a huge dent in buying the expensive cars.

3) Money making races - Nostalgic 1979 at Le Sarthe can win 160k or 240k clean race bonus and takes around 7min a go. It's grindy, and for a clean race you may already need a 20m car but there are also many other options in this article and subsequent 800+ post thread where people have found methods they enjoy more for making money including using rubber bands and leaving the PS4 on overnight so....there are options depending on how good, how dedicated or just how lazy you want to be!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ke-money-and-xp-in-gran-turismo-sport.373222/
Thanks sir, I'll have a look for sure.
Yeah i remember some series pay pretty well, ill try it out more but not sure i feel to repeat anyone of those at infinity.
I didn't know about the dlc and it's rewards too, thanks.
Edit: any rumors of the old fantasy favorite tracks coming back? Like mountain trial and autumn something..
I hope we'll also get lots more of the exotic cars like 812, 918 and so many old and modern hyper sport cars, in Gt7 at least.

Your advice to enjoy it the way each prefers while earning is wise sir. When I'm tired and tense i have less patience. Cheers.
Edit:
I prefer the a.i. in custom races, they are faster it seems and i like how when you close in fast enough on one it signals to one side and drives to that side to let you pass. Only if you close in fast enough too.

I do wish you could choose each opponent and more difficulty settings for a.i.
But i like how they drive smootly and believably compared to many games where they are abrupt on the controls.

Edit: the physics and performance of the cars feel sound to me, just there's alot of handholding it feels especially with a wheel being easier too. You can't lose it much unless you are on the edge and drive on the outside of the track a little with real traction reduction setting. I wish they gave you more hardcore feel when you set all aids off. Not make it harder than in real but same maybe.
Pretty sure it's harder to keep control when near the limit of traction in real, AC to me is alot closer for that. It keeps it thrilling more.

But i have to admit it's a really well made lightsim. The sounds of engines, especially in replays too, and tire slipping are pretty amazing. General polish etc. Just wish they let you set off any hidden default aids.

Also nice to see the suspension reactions in replays. It looks pretty believable for each car.

Last edited:
Edit: any rumors of the old fantasy favorite tracks coming back? Like mountain trial and autumn something..

Oh plenty of rumours, but by this point I am not sure if they will be added to this game with GT7 now on the horizon and the fact GT Sport has been focused on all new fantasy tracks and real circuits, online racing, and being "apart" from the GT games of old.

There are still loads of cars "missing" like you say, but the models made for GT Sport have been future proofed so for GT7 they will continue adding more to the existing pile rather than starting again, so hopefully it will be a carpedia like the old ones again, this time in amazing PS5 next gen ray tracing glory!

I do wish you could choose each opponent and more difficulty settings for a.i.

Oh yeah, one often requested feature is having more custom race options as it's often where you end up after doing the GT League races. Multi class racing would be great.

Pretty sure it's harder to keep control when near the limit of traction in real, AC to me is alot closer for that. It keeps it thrilling more.

I always found AC more alive and I guess yeah on the edge compared to Gran Turismo, only played the first one but there is more drama without making it unpredictable or uncontrollable. Glad you are enjoying GT though.

Just tried the pantera with comfort hard and medium tires, well it just makes it slide earlier and you need to steer it back in line more but it shows even more how so beginner proof it is. Its so easy to keep it from losing it, even with the ds4.
It's like there's a big dampener for inertia.

Makes me disappointed to be honest.
Mr. Hamilton likes arcade style it seems hehe. Oh well, i dont know, the pantera is pretty stable i guess with it's middle engine but still..

Still a nice game but it takes alot of the thrill out of it for me. Maybe if i boost the power .
Hoping for AC2 on ps5 more then maybe for sim fix.
Edit: well not giving up hope hehe, still fun to try to beat the challenges etc.
Was trying now the laguna seca hotlap trial with the viper srt gt3 r 15, it's pretty good.

The replay of your lap is so good on this, the looks, sounds, movement feel pretty damn real as i ever seen. On a good set of headphones, and cranking the volume, the exhaust sound on that viper with the backfire sounding sparkling clear in replay.
Pretty surprising for a series that has been ridiculed for it's sounds in the past.
I like the variable cam option on replays.

I'm amazed how smooth the cam in replays just slides over to the next car you select lol.
Made me go wow honestly. Never seen that before.
Edit: By the way, about car models being future proof well i don't know, they look great of course and some of the most believable I've seen, catching the charming look of the real ones, even on track, especially the cockpits and in menus like the garage after you select one.
But when you're driving in cockpit view i noticed on some cars pretty obvious polygon straights and edges especially on the end of fenders on top of headlights, even from outside the headlights on a Porsche looking really not round but almost octagonal. Pretty surprised by that.

Won the ford gt 2006 im loving that car. Nice to have the older model from the 60s and this one plus the newest one. Doesn't seem to have the lemans version though, but with the tweaks you can do maybe it can be aproximated. plus there's the lm version of the 2006 model. There's the gt40 in Ac too.pretty nice aswell.

Last edited:
Just tried the pantera with comfort hard and medium tires, well it just makes it slide earlier and you need to steer it back in line more but it shows even more how so beginner proof it is. Its so easy to keep it from losing it, even with the ds4.
It's like there's a big dampener for inertia.

Makes me disappointed to be honest.
Mr. Hamilton likes arcade style it seems hehe. Oh well, i dont know, the pantera is pretty stable i guess with it's middle engine but still..

Still a nice game but it takes alot of the thrill out of it for me. Maybe if i boost the power .
Hoping for AC2 on ps5 more then maybe for sim fix.
Edit: well not giving up hope hehe, still fun to try to beat the challenges etc.
Was trying now the laguna seca hotlap trial with the viper srt gt3 r 15, it's pretty good.

The replay of your lap is so good on this, the looks, sounds, movement feel pretty damn real as i ever seen. On a good set of headphones, and cranking the volume, the exhaust sound on that viper with the backfire sounding sparkling clear in replay.
Pretty surprising for a series that has been ridiculed for it's sounds in the past.
I like the variable cam option on replays.

I'm amazed how smooth the cam in replays just slides over to the next car you select lol.
Made me go wow honestly. Never seen that before.
Edit: By the way, about car models being future proof well i don't know, they look great of course and some of the most believable I've seen, catching the charming look of the real ones, even on track, especially the cockpits and in menus like the garage after you select one.
But when you're driving in cockpit view i noticed on some cars pretty obvious polygon straights and edges especially on the end of fenders on top of headlights, even from outside the headlights on a Porsche looking really not round but almost octagonal. Pretty surprised by that.

Won the ford gt 2006 im loving that car. Nice to have the older model from the 60s and this one plus the newest one. Doesn't seem to have the lemans version though, but with the tweaks you can do maybe it can be aproximated. plus there's the lm version of the 2006 model. There's the gt40 in Ac too.pretty nice aswell.

There are different versions of each car model and also different lods in the game. The garage has the "PS5 ready" model which is what I'm hoping we'll see used in races and all over on PS5. But it's super duper hyper premium (lol) which is why my standard ps4 nearly explodes the fan every time it loads the garage or the menu screen car demo which also uses this model.

This then is the reason why people believe the car models should be PS5 ready.

Everywhere else, the game uses "less detailed" models, plus the lod is limited. It couldn't run at 60 fps without big compromises elsewhere, otherwise.

Some specific cars do also have lod loading issues as gets raised in this forum from time to time when they release them.

I see thanks, well i would expect for sure cars to be on the level of the menu cars in gt7 in gameplay. With at least as good reflections.
Does gts do tire temp?
I wonder what really is modelled in the physics and setup of cars? I tried change the differential acceleration and braking settings and i didn't feel any changes.

I tried the 911 gt rs 2016 i think it is. Was surprised how simlike the loss of grip was. Good then. It similar as in pc2 but feels better even in gts for me on g29 for how it loses grip and loss of control. Also ffb is smoother for me in gts.
They sound pretty close too. But in pc2 it's one of my fav and most sound horrible.

The feel of imbalance from shifting though is much more pronounced in pcars2, that's why i was trying the lsd setups.
You dont feel much the effect of applied acceleration and braking power of the engine in gts when shifting seems. Maybe it's overdone in pcars2 but seems not enough in gts.

Edit: i can see the throttle and brake on the pedals of the g29 is so badly implemented, it makes it pretty impossible to apply smooth controls.
Ill need to check on ps5 for the next gtgame which wheel pedal set is really focused on by the devs. Hopefully something good quality but still affordable and well implemented in other simlike games too.

I don't know if any news, info or rumors have surfaced about wheel and controller compatibility for ps5?
And if our current setups will still work as well?
Edit2: i know lots must have heard this before but just tried that same 911 rs in assetto on std ps4, honestly it's a jewel. No comparison for good feel with the g29 for me. Sounds better even, also in replays you hear better more believably when the car is approaching and also pulling away far from the camera. And even the car itself especially the cockpit and steering are better. Better textures and smoother crisper shadows, and the steering wheel looks rounds, no straight lines and angles like in gts. Admittedly they don't all look or sound as good. But mostly it just feels right and real and you know what's happening. With either no aids or the factory available aids on, it feels good. You feel tires losing and regaining grip on bumps and on braking understeer etc. And your controls are superb to try push and hold it in.
Don't mean to put down gts, or start anything. I love the qualities of gts.

Also you can set up custom championships etc. Oh well, just mentioning it.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Just found out in the annoying things thread about the pedal calibration on track with the g29 thanks to a nice gtplanet fellow and it changes everything for me.
My controls are superb now in comparison and i can push smoothly to the edge of grip and hold it with so much finer control.
Makes me appreciate much more the physics and grip modelling and loss of it, and smooth controls. It's pretty damn good hehe.
It's almost shocking how it's so much better now.
Only wish the tracks be a little bumpier to feel all this even more and make it even more fun.
Also i dont know but it seems the hard shifting doesn't destabilize enough the weight of cars. I tried up the differential settings and i don't see any difference.

Something new I've noticed is the cars that were part of Group A in real life. As far as cars seen in Gran Turismo go, this includes DTM cars up to 1994, WRC cars up to 2001, and the Calsonic Skyline GT-R R32. This would therefore include the following:

Alfa Romeo 155 TI
Citroen Xsara Rally Car
Ford Focus Rally Car '99
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car
Mercedes-Benz 190E Evolution II
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car
Nissan Calsonic Skyline GT-R (R32)
Opel Calibra Touring Car*
Peugeot 206 Rally Car
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '01
Toyota Celica Rally Car (ST185)
Toyota Celica Rally Car (ST205)
Toyota Corolla Rally Car

* Not entirely sure about this one, seems to just skirt the cutoff. The aero kit looks more elaborate than the other cars in this list, too.

Otherwise, I think one concern would be if there were events that were not on tarmac, as some of these cars are not rally cars. Maybe if an event is hosted on dirt/snow, it could just exclude the non-rally cars when it comes to picking an eligible car. Meanwhile, if the event is on the tarmac, all the cars would be eligible. At any rate, I think limiting all these cars to tarmac-only events would be unacceptable, given how many rally icons are in there.

Alternatively, there could be a split between these cars - the Group A touring cars could go into Gr.4, as I don't think they'd fit into Gr.3, while the Group A rally cars would go into a new rally group, like a "Gr.C" or something, which would mean to be a "step-down" from Gr.B. Not to mention that many real-world Group B rally cars (some of which have appeared in prior GT games) could still go into Gr.B; a very wide variety of rally cars could be in Gr.B, and it could especially be interesting with cancelled prototypes, like the Mitsubishi Starion 4WD, the Porsche 959, or the Alfa Romeo Alfasud 6C. Heck, maybe even some canned Group S cars could join in, like the Toyota 222D.

EDIT: I also noticed that the McLaren F1 GTR had some success in the mid-90s JGTC GT500 class - since that car is in Gr.3, could older JGTC GT500 cars end up in Gr.3 as well? The Castrol TOM'S Supra from '97 seems to weight 1150kg, which is almost exactly the same weight of the Gr.2 Epson NSX. However, the F1 GTR, which is in Gr.3, has both more power and less weight than the Castrol TOM'S Supra. My hypothesis is that Gr.2 is more so defined by the ornate silhouette-like aero kits, so I'd be very surprised if any GT500 car was placed in Gr.3 instead. Then there's the factor of any GT300 cars, which should go into Gr.3, given that they race alongside FIA GT3 cars in real life, (not to mention the made-for-game Lancer Evo and WRX STI Gr.3 cars having a striking resemblance to GT300 cars) but I'm concerned they won't have enough power, as they really do have only around 300hp. I suppose it's nothing BoP can't handle, though.

To somewhat come full-circle back to DTM, I don't think DTMeisterschaft cars will be put into Gr.2, but I do think DTMasters cars (from 2000 and onwards) will, as their aero kits have a closer resemblance to GT500 cars, even if you don't count the recent races that merged DTM and GT500. To think that Opel could have a car in Gr.2 is pretty nuts, but I think it'd fit fine.

EDIT2: Has there ever been an official statement on what defines Gr.2? I know that the announcers at GT World Tour events will usually go over what defines a class that's featured in a World Tour round, so have they ever highlighted Gr.2? For example, I heard in a GTS promo video that Gr.1 is defined by featuring sports prototypes with ~1000hp with ~900kg, whereas Gr.3 is defined as resembling FIA GT3 cars and having ~550-600hp with ~1350kg. Even if the actual cars have stats that differ from that, it's still an official definition that helps to paint a picture (albeit a sometimes vague one) of what cars are included in a given class. Using Gr.3 as an example, we now know that it also includes GTE, GT2, and BPR-era GT1 cars, respectively such as the Porsche 911 RSR, BMW M3 E92 GT, and the McLaren F1 GTR. I think it's very possible that the promo video I mentioned was meant to apply mainly to GT Sport's launch-day car list, rather than anticipate all the race cars we've obtained up to now.

Last edited:
Just a thought, this was the intro for beta:

This is the intro for Spec 2 now:

Notice the evolution of the "Moon Over the Castle" music. It evolves just like the game itself. Pretty nice detail.

Not yet. Considering that like 6 of the last 7 updates came during the last week of the month, it’s entirely possible we may get a Kaz teaser this weekend with update to follow next Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
People are now getting impatient for waiting the upcoming teaser.

Put more miles in gts, i can see the physics and each car's performance is really pretty good. Even I'm noticing more now the tracks do have many bumps and dips, and cars suspension react to them. Even feel it on the wheel a little. And the noises of the chassis.
Just too bad there is like inertia dampening, keeping the car's weight and grip from being affected much. Same for when over skidding, the game helps hold it in and makes it too easy to recover and less fun interesting and challenging.
I don't see why they don't let you have the option to really off any hidden aids, especially offline. Maybe for the ds4.
There's a really good base in this seems to me.
I can understand for online play to make it fair and even.
It's too easy to use trail braking and throttle at the same time to make the car turn in and guide it to follow the line you want even if it's bumpy and you are overcooking it....

Back