Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
PD is on and off with their sound accuracy. On one hand you can have the SLR McLaren and '98 Civic Type R which are the exact same as their irl counterpart but then have cars like the AMG GT3 and Z4 GT3 which are totally off from how they should sound. But in almost all cases, moreso in the faster cars and race cars, the sounds lack the kind of atmosphere that pretty much all of the other sims capture really well.

Those sims capture all of the goings-on coming from the cars like raspiness coming from the exhausts, those sounds bouncing off the environment in chase cam, clanks happening from the car moving around and just an immersive feeling that you're surrounded by a car in cockpit view.

The sounds in GTS kind of just come at you in a sterile and generic way (there being like only 3 types of gear shifting sounds for example). Those components mentioned are somewhat there in GTS but the whole package just sounds...off, and it leads to GTS being trumped in the sound department in many comparison videos.

Example:

Compare GTS to PC2 and GTS sounds good but PC2 just sounds so much more full of life. The PC sims are of similar fullness and atmosphere as in PC2.

They've come a long way but they still have a ways to go. But people saying the sounds are horrible and unlistenable are grossly overexaggerating.

There's still room for improvement.

Whether it's in a GTS update or in the next game, I wish they'd actually integrate the fact that each transmission type is listed in the settings for each car. E.g. AT, MT, and sequential MT. It'd add to the realism, and benefit many cars - some cars can shift better with their AT than a person, and sometimes it's the opposite. I'd do something similar for cars that do (or don't) come stock with ABS/BB/TCS/FM/etc., and especially the ability to tune them on the go.

The other major item on my personal wishlist is a car-by-car controller mapping, rather than a "one size fits all" approach, especially when a car may or may not have certain features, like windshield wipers, ERS and DRS, turn signals, or headlights. For that last one, there are still cars that may not have separate high-beams and low-beams, and simply either have their lights on or off. I'd even include the ability to automate some things, like the aforementioned headlights and windshield wipers, especially if dynamic time of day and weather return to the series. It'd go well with the above idea regarding transmissions, as there could be a mappable button for the clutch - something that would not be available for the controller mapping on cars with sequential transmissions.

Between the above two items, the idea would be to give each car more personality on a mechanical level, and also avoiding a scenario where a button may not be mapped to a usable feature on a given car as you switch between various models.

Tried to play GT Sport again last night, game looks amazing but i still hate it. It feels like it wasn’t made for Dualshock and I play with an Oled in game mode with almost no lag. Yea i’m winning races and all but just the little things like no real dynamic driving line, always starting in last and also never feeling accomplished. Once you get the daily mileage car, you really don’t win anything. So i put GT5 back in today and its night and day difference, GT5 is the last real Gran Turismo game. Feels amazing on Dualshock, visuals are getting out dated and vaccum cleaner sounds are back lol but going from GT Sport to GT5 just the way the game runs aside from textures and sounds. Its just a better game, hope we get another real GT game in the future. As i grew up with the certain level of GT grind and GT Sport feels like way too much grind for little gain. Even when you can buy the cars on the PS Store, kinda takes the fun factor out of it for me.

Sorry for my rant. Every 6 months or so i try GT Sport again and its the same rant every time. I love that they update the game and just how amazing it is at 60fps but a lot of core GT is missing.
You don't have to say sorry for your rant my friend, because it was a good read 👍.
I only play GT Sport about an hour each day, compared to GT5 over 4 hours a day and the same for GT6.

SHAREfactory™_20200115002508.jpg

This Year... :eek:👍

That's a design study... I'm not even sure it has a motor. So would it be conceptually a 918 underneath?

As long as it doesnt land in Gr.X!

While I was looking at the concept I was spammed this:

maxresdefault.jpg

and I literally LOL'ed.

There's one sure thing in life. THe world loves SUVs and eventually they will make SUV Coupes.

So here is the Cayenne Coupe. TO match up with the BMW X6 and Mercedes GLC GLK whatever coupe.

I fully welcome this nonsense.

Tried to play GT Sport again last night, game looks amazing but i still hate it. It feels like it wasn’t made for Dualshock and I play with an Oled in game mode with almost no lag. Yea i’m winning races and all but just the little things like no real dynamic driving line, always starting in last and also never feeling accomplished. Once you get the daily mileage car, you really don’t win anything. So i put GT5 back in today and its night and day difference, GT5 is the last real Gran Turismo game. Feels amazing on Dualshock, visuals are getting out dated and vaccum cleaner sounds are back lol but going from GT Sport to GT5 just the way the game runs aside from textures and sounds. Its just a better game, hope we get another real GT game in the future. As i grew up with the certain level of GT grind and GT Sport feels like way too much grind for little gain. Even when you can buy the cars on the PS Store, kinda takes the fun factor out of it for me.

Sorry for my rant. Every 6 months or so i try GT Sport again and its the same rant every time. I love that they update the game and just how amazing it is at 60fps but a lot of core GT is missing.
Can you expand on that point a bit?

That's a design study... I'm not even sure it has a motor. So would it be conceptually a 918 underneath?

As long as it doesnt land in Gr.X!

While I was looking at the concept I was spammed this:

maxresdefault.jpg

and I literally LOL'ed.

There's one sure thing in life. THe world loves SUVs and eventually they will make SUV Coupes.

So here is the Cayenne Coupe. TO match up with the BMW X6 and Mercedes GLC GLK whatever coupe.

I fully welcome this nonsense.

Don't forget the Audi Q8/RSQ8 and e-tron Sportsback :lol:

I heard that it's mostly a non-functioning shell. I wonder how it'll be interpreted in GTS? Since it was built on a 918, I'd at least hope it'd function like a 918 with a bodykit, maybe even have an identical interior - unless Porsche wants to supply some sort of design unique to this concept. On a side note, I'd imagine that the 918 RSR Concept would make a decent fit for Gr.4.

I also would think it'd be very likely this car will end up in Gr.X, not that I mind too much. I don't see it fitting into Gr.4 or Gr.3, and I'm not sure if it'll fit into the N-Series, though if it's going to be anywhere, I'd imagine it'd either be the N-Series or Gr.X.

I think Gr.X could use some reformation, but I don't think that'll come in GTS. I'm hoping the next GT will keep the current grouping model, but ideally add several new groups that would accommodate cars currently in Gr.X. For example, a group for vintage prototypes and one for vintage grand tourers.

Otherwise, I think the current classification (e.g. Group C cars in Gr.1) offers an interesting mix of cars in a given field, which I'd say adds to GT's overall appeal. I'd simply add more races with more specific car regulations, like more Gr.1 races that only permit the Group C cars, or a Gr.3 race that only permits FIA GT3 cars. It'd keep things interesting, as players work with limited car selections. Of course, there could still be races that are all-inclusive as they are now, but I wouldn't have them be the sole ruleset all the time. I'd also almost always permit both SF19s to enter an event, instead of it always just being one or the other.

Last edited:
I heard that it's mostly a non-functioning shell. I wonder how it'll be interpreted in GTS? Since it was built on a 918, I'd at least hope it'd function like a 918 with a bodykit, maybe even have an identical interior - unless Porsche wants to supply some sort of design unique to this concept. On a side note, I'd imagine that the 918 RSR Concept would make a decent fit for Gr.4.

I also would think it'd be very likely this car will end up in Gr.X, not that I mind too much. I don't see it fitting into Gr.4 or Gr.3, and I'm not sure if it'll fit into the N-Series, though if it's going to be anywhere, I'd imagine it'd either be the N-Series or Gr.X.

I think Gr.X could use some reformation, but I don't think that'll come in GTS. I'm hoping the next GT will keep the current grouping model, but ideally add several new groups that would accommodate cars currently in Gr.X. For example, a group for vintage prototypes and one for vintage grand tourers.

Otherwise, I think the current classification (e.g. Group C cars in Gr.1) offers an interesting mix of cars in a given field, which I'd say adds to GT's overall appeal. I'd simply add more races with more specific car regulations, like more Gr.1 races that only permit the Group C cars, or a Gr.3 race that only permits FIA GT3 cars. It'd keep things interesting, as players work with limited car selections. Of course, there could still be races that are all-inclusive as they are now, but I wouldn't have them be the sole ruleset all the time. I'd also almost always permit both SF19s to enter an event, instead of it always just being one or the other.
Well, what I can tell you is that I love cars, and I will be happy with the 917 Concept in my garage. ;)

Can you expand on that point a bit?

I just find it way too twitchy and not smooth. Even with a very low lag tv and adjusting the sensitivity. I put on gt5 and its amazingly smooth again. I can see why they 1500bhp x2011 is not in gt sport as it will be very undriveable with a dualshock

Try it, play gt sport as you usually do and then go back and play gt5. For some reason the controls are just alot more smooth on a 2010 game. Maybe the handling on gt5 is more unrealistic that its smooth

Pretty sure it is, and given that the 918 isn't currently in the game, I would definitely settle for this.

A Porsche 918 RSR would more likely fit Gr.2 or Gr.3 than Gr.4. I'm still questioning PD's justification for the Veyron even hanging in the Gr.4 class. That should be a Gr.3.

A Porsche 918 RSR would more likely fit Gr.2 or Gr.3 than Gr.4. I'm still questioning PD's justification for the Veyron even hanging in the Gr.4 class. That should be a Gr.3.
I guess its because its all Bugatti technically has to race with (missing Group 3 entry notwithstanding). A brand like Porsche has more sportscars that could fit into a GT4 type class like the 911 and the existing Cayman that already does that.

Hey all. I made a video of some close racing between myself and a friend in a public lobby, featuring Group C racing at Le Sarthe. Didn't know where to share this as I couldn't find a dedicated video section on the site. So hopefully posting it in general discussion is ok?

If allowed then feel free to take a look. Just something for fun to share for you, with some close racing.

https://kotaku.com/sources-horizon-zero-dawn-is-coming-to-pc-1841043569

I can't imagine GT on PC but anything is possible today with Sony.

This a gut reaction from Sony dependent on the game.

Right now Sony have a slew of ps4 exclusives on sale... I'm not a fan of God of War or Zero Dawn but obviously these are very very high quality AAA titles. They also lack a bit of replayabailty?

The life cycle of these games is that they are released to much fanfare and they command a high price.... eg. upcoming Last of Us 2.

However once time goes it because bargain basement and then it languishes in the classics. At this point they are old titles not bringing that much to the table... add with that end of console gen.

In that respect I can fully understand why Sony would want to put them onto PC to get that bit extra revenue.

FURTHER, why not do a Sony PSN Store for PC? Crossbuy?

I cannot see this happening to Gran Turismo given that to the very end it drives people to their console.

Back