Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Would be cool to see the canopy open, while it sits in your garage demo screen.
maxresdefault.jpg

Been a few like this in the past years.

I mean maybe another one that replaces that exact model but yes, they'd probably fail again.

Let's be honest here. You can sort of see how the current A90 Supra is following down the same path.

They will make one model and then call its quits. Hey we tried...

The Supra for all the fluff, is a usd$50k car... its an amazing aud$110k car here (!!!)... however its not just them. I like the Kia Stinger. The car just something to me. And yet Kia said this thing isnt selling. I get it. The market for 4,000lb gran tourers that do 15-18 mpg around town wont be swaying that many people...

The market for certain enthusiast cars is limited.

p78
they did, and failed (MR2 MK2)

m1by1mkbb8ae_800.jpg
I don't think it was a failure. I'd have one today. Very rare to find a manual in Australia. If I was back in the USA and in the market for one, I'd have it.

I'd say the popularity of the MX-5 killed the MR-S. It is actually the better of the two, for driving dynamics. A baby Ferrari.

In saying that, I could just as well scoop up a Honda S660 over here. Plenty on the market and I could also import one.
Let's be honest here. You can sort of see how the current A90 Supra is following down the same path.

They will make one model and then call its quits. Hey we tried...

The Supra for all the fluff, is a usd$50k car... its an amazing aud$110k car here (!!!)... however its not just them. I like the Kia Stinger. The car just something to me. And yet Kia said this thing isnt selling. I get it. The market for 4,000lb gran tourers that do 15-18 mpg around town wont be swaying that many people...

The market for certain enthusiast cars is limited.
Not really. THey are making a Gazoo Racing version with maybe 300kw. Will there be an A100? I can't call it.

Another thing. Even if they did make the A90 and call it quits, I remember someone telling me the Peugeot RCZ didn't have to continue after that model. Even though it sold well and was overall, a good car.

I don't think it was a failure. I'd have one today. Very rare to find a manual in Australia. If I was back in the USA and in the market for one, I'd have it.

I'd say the popularity of the MX-5 killed the MR-S. It is actually the better of the two, for driving dynamics. A baby Ferrari.
Designed to be modded, all the panels come off easy, can fit a nice K20 honda engine in there. Get a SuperGT 300 rep body kit and some semi slicks, suspension, etc and you've got one hell of a track car!

Even with its original engine. Love the Best Motoring and Hot Version videos of it dominating the Touge 200 class.

Last edited:
I can't remember if someone answered this already, but is the fact that the Aston Martin Vulcan has seemingly bad brakes in GTS a realistic depiction of its real-world braking abilities? I can't say I'd really know. Is the Vulcan's depiction in GTS a realistic one in general?
Absolutely not. I have been lucky enough to passenger in a Vulcan a few times. It's real world downforce has you pinned against the harnesses under braking, from memory about 1.8g but i might be wrong on that. Seriously impressive either way. It basically has GT3 levels of downforce.

If what i heard is true, Toyota is working on the mr2 in co-development with Porsche like they did with the Supra/Z4! If is true it's gonna be really interesting!

The last one did look like a small porsches boxster in the pic shown in this tread.
I think i prefer the look of the previous gens. Without crazy big head and back lights covers.

If I buy a PS5 and I want to play GT Sport again on that console, do I have the download over a100gb and that include the game again just because I have the digital version, or I have to buy the Disc version and download the updates.

The 'problem' I have with a continuation of GT Sport on PS5 is that they need a wholesale change in gameplay mechanics.

Its obvious isnt it? If you've been playing this from Oct. 2017 then you need some mass incentive to buy a new console to play the same game if there isnt some drastic new content to draw you in.

Do you want to have the same account on the PS5 with the same daily workout gifts with the same tracks and same online and offline elements?

Like many of you guys we are over 500 plus cars in the garage and we are 100% on many of the offline elements. As great as GT Sport is, I dont see many years left in this 'old girl' if you're not about to do a wholesale top to down overhaul.

The 'problem' I have with a continuation of GT Sport on PS5 is that they need a wholesale change in gameplay mechanics.

Its obvious isnt it? If you've been playing this from Oct. 2017 then you need some mass incentive to buy a new console to play the same game if there isnt some drastic new content to draw you in.

Do you want to have the same account on the PS5 with the same daily workout gifts with the same tracks and same online and offline elements?

Like many of you guys we are over 500 plus cars in the garage and we are 100% on many of the offline elements. As great as GT Sport is, I dont see many years left in this 'old girl' if you're not about to do a wholesale top to down overhaul.
Maybe we need another developer to develop the game aside from or alongside PD?

You are right saying I don't see many years left in this old girl, and it's time to get a new at the end of the year.

I held out on getting a PS Pro because of the PS5. I wouldn’t mind playing the ole girl in 4k for once. :lol:

I held out on getting a PS Pro because of the PS5. I wouldn’t mind playing the ole girl in 4k for once. :lol:

same here, which is why a ordered a PS4 Pro yesterday :D I’ve had a 4K HDR tv for a few years now so why not, I’ll probably hold off on a release date PS5 until I see some games and reviews

I want this next GT to be really good but I fear we'll all be let down again. The amount of changes needed to make GT great again is pretty extensive, and having PD deliver everything on the list is, at best, optimistic. This is the list I am talking about:
-A well made-career mode and less reliance on a Sport Mode to keep the game interesting.
-Bringing back GT Auto.
-Bringing back the used car dealer.
-Bringing back the Tuning Shop to buy upgrades.
-Implementing GROUND EFFECT properly.
-Implementing tyre pressures.
-Implementing Dynamic Weather.
-Implementing Dynamic TOD.
-Bringing back Special Events/Special Conditions.
-Abolishing the stupid N-Class system.
-Giving Group B Rally cars an actual use.
-Cleaning up each Group as a whole.
-Getting rid of Group X.
-Categorising vehicles individually. (like PP)
-Implementing challenging AI that won't act like idiots.
-Implementing championships, similar to GT3 and GT4.

If PD address all of these concerns, GT7 will be the greatest GT of all time. Don't get yourself stuck in a stupid vision of the future Kaz, people want to get back to the roots; to the game they loved all those years ago!

I want this next GT to be really good but I fear we'll all be let down again. The amount of changes needed to make GT great again is pretty extensive, and having PD deliver everything on the list is, at best, optimistic. This is the list I am talking about:
-A well made-career mode and less reliance on a Sport Mode to keep the game interesting.
-Bringing back GT Auto.
-Bringing back the used car dealer.
-Bringing back the Tuning Shop to buy upgrades.
-Implementing GROUND EFFECT properly.
-Implementing tyre pressures.
-Implementing Dynamic Weather.
-Implementing Dynamic TOD.
-Bringing back Special Events/Special Conditions.
-Abolishing the stupid N-Class system.
-Giving Group B Rally cars an actual use.
-Cleaning up each Group as a whole.
-Getting rid of Group X.
-Categorising vehicles individually. (like PP)
-Implementing challenging AI that won't act like idiots.
-Implementing championships, similar to GT3 and GT4.

If PD address all of these concerns, GT7 will be the greatest GT of all time. Don't get yourself stuck in a stupid vision of the future Kaz, people want to get back to the roots; to the game they loved all those years ago!
If GT7 is going to be past, present, and the future events, well you think most of your points that you want will be in the game.

Back