Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
You're used to see those wheels, don't you?

i1gLPHhHKRZTw7E.jpg

Just tried gtsport in the rain, at spa at dawn in the viper gts 02, looks pretty good really. In gameplay and replay.
Looks better than night setting to me, i don't like the night look so much in gts, looks cartoony.
But looks great on this setting, the headlights from all cars especially.
Feels nice too, just used intermediate tires.

Edit: too bad no rain setting for Nordschleife.
The dawn rain setting on spa makes me imagine what a full gt7 on ps5 will look like with dynamic weather and time of day.
Gonna be breathtaking for sure, and most games should have dynamic time of day i imagine at least with hardware ray tracing on new gen machines.
Hopefully it will have full qualifications, custom races and championships.

Last edited:
Really sorry for a too-old topic.
I sometimes saw that 2012 GT-R will also be in GTS, before the release of the game, but it didn't come.
Was there any screenshot or clue of it?

Edit:
Sorry, I've just found it.
I'm not sure whether if it's exactly GT-R Black edition '12, which was also in GT5 and GT6, but it's so similar.
img_3250-jpg.549257

Last edited:
If GT7 is going to be past, present, and the future events, well you think most of your points that you want will be in the game.

You would hope so but in reality the new game could be,
Past-bring back Trial Mountain course and night racing.
Present- continue the GT Sport online and FIA events.
Future- new unheard of fictional tracks and more futuristic concept cars.

Not saying this is the case but without knowing could very well fit the past-present -future marketing hype criteria while doing the same old thing.

Counting on or anticipating anything before you can actually play it, see it and test it is sort of foolish in the gaming world today. Marketing and advertising can take a common turd and make it sound like its a must have and made of pure gold.

I sometimes saw that 2012 GT-R will also be in GTS, before the release of the game, but it didn't come.

Edit:
I'm not sure whether if it's exactly GT-R Black edition '12, which was also in GT5 and GT6, but it's so similar.
img_3250-jpg.549257
That GT-R might have been the Nissan GT-R Pure edition '15 that was cut in favor of the 2017 GT-R, but I can never be too sure with the various flavors of the GT-R and all (not as many as the Skyline but still).

I want this next GT to be really good but I fear we'll all be let down again. The amount of changes needed to make GT great again is pretty extensive, and having PD deliver everything on the list is, at best, optimistic. This is the list I am talking about:
-A well made-career mode and less reliance on a Sport Mode to keep the game interesting.
-Bringing back GT Auto.
-Bringing back the used car dealer.
-Bringing back the Tuning Shop to buy upgrades.
-Implementing GROUND EFFECT properly.
-Implementing tyre pressures.
-Implementing Dynamic Weather.
-Implementing Dynamic TOD.
-Bringing back Special Events/Special Conditions.
-Abolishing the stupid N-Class system.
-Giving Group B Rally cars an actual use.
-Cleaning up each Group as a whole.
-Getting rid of Group X.
-Categorising vehicles individually. (like PP)
-Implementing challenging AI that won't act like idiots.
-Implementing championships, similar to GT3 and GT4.

If PD address all of these concerns, GT7 will be the greatest GT of all time. Don't get yourself stuck in a stupid vision of the future Kaz, people want to get back to the roots; to the game they loved all those years ago!
I can imagine they're working on a lot of this stuff behind the scenes. 200+ employees working only on car and track modelling and coming up with daily races seems unlikely.

Edit:
img_3250-jpg.549257

'Ere - that's my photo - I recognise the terrible framing of the image and the white wall of The Orange Box :lol:.

I had forgotten about the fact that the Scapes on the wall only referenced location and not car model.

I went back and looked at my Orange Box YouTube recordings, including the Orange Box build car list which I recorded, they all include the 2017 GT-R only, so they had obviously already scrapped this model by the time of the unveiling.

This is just pure speculation but could this particular scene confirm a certain car to appear in Gran Turismo in the future?

Screenshot_20200210-155714_YouTube.jpg

The car appears to be the Lexus IS-F and well it is even showcased a few seconds before in GT5.

Source:

Exactly at minute 5:47

Again pure speculation..

This is just pure speculation but could this particular scene confirm a certain car to appear in Gran Turismo in the future?

View attachment 889634
The car appears to be the Lexus IS-F and well it is even showcased a few seconds before in GT5.

Source:

Again pure speculation..

That studio screencap above is old footage because he's holding a PS3 controller.

I want this next GT to be really good but I fear we'll all be let down again. The amount of changes needed to make GT great again is pretty extensive, and having PD deliver everything on the list is, at best, optimistic. This is the list I am talking about:
-A well made-career mode and less reliance on a Sport Mode to keep the game interesting.
-Bringing back GT Auto.
-Getting rid of Group X.

If PD address all of these concerns, GT7 will be the greatest GT of all time. Don't get yourself stuck in a stupid vision of the future Kaz, people want to get back to the roots; to the game they loved all those years ago!
That last part in your sentence. I can cry right now. Preach it man. :cheers:

You're list will make GT7 for me, and many other old fans happy! The good ol' roots of GT. Seriously, that is ALL I want GT7 to be. It can still elements from GTS, but don't make them the only primary thing in the game. Balance it.

And ask for Kaz. He needs to STOP focusing on himself and the future of the franchise. Go back to just making a GAME for all of us to enjoy. That's what I loved about the old GT's from GT2 to GT4 (didn't get to play GT1 sadly), they were games that had simulation to them while still being fun. Something happened since GT5, like the "game" part just started fading away.

I'm hoping, PD can return GT back to its formal self with GT7, while still having GTS in the mix (I mean for clean online racing). That will make the game for EVERYBODY. PD knows how to make GT. They just need directions from fans who care about the series.

That GT-R might have been the Nissan GT-R Pure edition '15 that was cut in favor of the 2017 GT-R, but I can never be too sure with the various flavors of the GT-R and all (not as many as the Skyline but still).
Maybe that's it!
Actually the price of the Premium edition '17 in game is the same as that of Pure edition '15 in real life.
They forgot to or couldn't change the price, I guess.

View attachment 889634

Source:

Again pure speculation..

For me looks like Gran Turismo 6 Lexus IS F, nothing about GT Sport

-Bringing back GT Auto.
-Getting rid of Group X.

@Jordan pls address this comment to Polyphony Digital

I really wish that PD could implement a new sorting system for user created content, such as liveries.

SHOW ME ALL THE RELEVANT CONTENT PERTAINING TO THE GIVEN FILTER(S) ON ONE PAGE!!

I'm tired of scrolling through pages of two-week intervals for what feels like hours, only to have the system freeze on me while "loading" a period and force me to start over.

If I'm searching for liveries on a car that's not used too much, say, a Zonda R. Show me all the liveries of that car and present me with pages to scroll through, NOT DATES. Why do I have to sit there and scour dates from Feb. 2020 until the third week of January 2019.

If it takes too much effort to implement a simpler sorting que than just streamline the existing one.

Clearly if you're allowing me to keep loading pages, that means there is definitely older content. So why not skip directly to the older content???

Last edited:
Have PD at all acknowledged the bugs where sometimes the AI can't drive out of the pits unless host changes the time of day for the track, and where some people are stuck in place from a grid start? I often see this happen in Lobby races and wonder how long has this been a thing

Back