Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
What level are the drivers going to be playing at? I get the feeling this could be a PR disaster judging by the state of racing and the penalty system lately.

What level are the drivers going to be playing at? I get the feeling this could be a PR disaster judging by the state of racing and the penalty system lately.

If this shines a massive light on the penalty system problems maybe PD will actually do something about it.

That's my positive spin on things anyway.

I like Jimmy and his content but PD didn't pitch this right at all given the things the community is crying out for.

Someone needs to talk to the PR team managing the GT twitter man, nothing against Jimmy but literally how is this “big news”

I noticed the stream will live at 20th March, which is 11 days till the end of the month. DLC updates regularly came at the end of the month... Maybe this is more than just a track guide... Could be wrong anyway so let us wait shall we?

Last edited:
- What's the benefit of positive and negative camber?

- Similarly, what about toe-in and toe-out?

Also, when it comes to each of these settings, is one end of the setting better than the other? For example, positive vs. negative camber. I don't see any use to using positive camber, but is there some use I'm unaware of? It seems like zero camber is best for tracks with lots of straights and low-speed corners, and negative camber is best for tracks with lots of high-speed corners. So is positive camber just useless, then?
I personally do not like some of the replies you’ve been given to this question in this thread; I feel like there’s some false information in some of them.

Rather than trying to word it myself, here are two videos from the same person which do a fantastic job of explaining it + great visuals. These concepts align with what I’ve previously come to learn about camber and toe.

There is also caster, but that is an entirely different subject.
Camber:

toe:

Jimmy Broadbent Live YouTube Nations race on Tuesday.
The stream is scheduled for the 19th, which is Thursday

At this point I'm more intrigued about what the format's going to be. Is he racing on Tuesday then streaming it as-live on the Thursday? Will they pretend it didn't happen if he gets dived at a corner and given a penalty for it? What if one of the other cars has a Fake Taxi livery? The mind boggles.

I personally do not like some of the replies you’ve been given to this question in this thread; I feel like there’s some false information in some of them.

Rather than trying to word it myself, here are two videos from the same person which do a fantastic job of explaining it + great visuals. These concepts align with what I’ve previously come to learn about camber and toe.

There is also caster, but that is an entirely different subject.
Camber:

toe:

I had seen the video on toe angle. I get that zero toe is best for straights and toe-out is best for turning. It sounds like according to @Famine that toe-out is better for turning and toe-in is better for straights. I was gonna check out the video on camber soon, since that only got uploaded recently. Hopefully it’ll tell me if there’s any use for positive camber.

Would I need to be freakishly consistent to notice a difference in my times when I tune properly? How much time should I expect to save as I get closer to an ideal tune?

Last edited:
PD need to bring back Practice with AI on the track. Here we have AI circling the track, in the Stage 2-7 TT Mission Challenge, using the SLS AMG Gr.4.

Even if it were only 8 cars on track, it'd add to the immersion, instead of being alone on a circuit.

Apologies for the rant.

Why even bother showcasing them, WHEN WE CAN’T EVEN UTILIZE THEM IN ARCADE MODE?!?!?!?

6A8F49E1-717F-4E4D-8133-2BBD9DCFE668.jpeg
98C9CB41-84D5-42C2-B7E8-83A3C6BF0149.jpeg
83E6FDCA-72A2-44A8-B3FB-F83334B22577.jpeg

To be fair he meant having more than 2 cars in rally courses in arcade mode.

I'm inclined to agreed its a weird restriction especially considering not only you can pretty much do it in lobbies but also its pretty much possible previously in Gran Turismo 6 arcade mode of all games.

I'm inclined to agreed its a weird restriction especially considering not only you can pretty much do it in lobbies but also its pretty much possible previously in Gran Turismo 6 arcade mode of all games.
Yes, exactly!

Ah, got you.

2020.03.11 : from http://www.polyphony.co.jp/recruit/jobs/1472/
Programmer (new graduate equivalent)
"Polyphony Digital's team of engineers is constantly approaching cutting-edge technologies and disciplines. Today, we are looking for the next generation of talent to create ideas and innovation, and we are also recruiting new graduates. Even if you have no game production experience, you have sufficient programming skills, or you are specialized in one of the related fields such as CG, mathematics, and physics. I welcome some people."

It seems that Poly keeps growing? I can't find any recent number of employees at Poly.

The stream is scheduled for the 19th, which is Thursday

At this point I'm more intrigued about what the format's going to be. Is he racing on Tuesday then streaming it as-live on the Thursday? Will they pretend it didn't happen if he gets dived at a corner and given a penalty for it? What if one of the other cars has a Fake Taxi livery? The mind boggles.
This says 2 days. Right now, it's Monday for me in Australia. So, it'll be Tuesday for those in the UK.

Weird, it definitely said 19 March when I was on youtube when I posted that. Still, it'll be interesting to see what sort of level he races at. Can't wait.

I feel like making a "The Forgotten Cars Thread" GTSport style.

The TVR sees no use when there are N300 races. Ford Focus ST, AMG A45, Golf VII GTI. These cars just sit, collecting virtual dust.

I feel like making a "The Forgotten Cars Thread" GTSport style.

The TVR sees no use when there are N300 races. Ford Focus ST, AMG A45, Golf VII GTI. These cars just sit, collecting virtual dust.

I imagine majority of cars that were available at launch would make up the bulk of the thread. Hell, even some of the much older DLC cars have probably been forgotten as well, such as the Audi R8 V8, C3 Corvette, 512 BB, Mach 1 Mustang or the 2016 Renault Clio (for good reason, in the case of this car).

I imagine majority of cars that were available at launch would make up the bulk of the thread. Hell, even some of the much older DLC cars have probably been forgotten as well, such as the Audi R8 V8, C3 Corvette, 512 BB, Mach 1 Mustang or the 2016 Renault Clio (for good reason, in the case of this car).
I think if PD would provide the choices of car, it could at least give some other cars a chance to be used. Sure, it's up to the user to pick whatever car they like, but a 12,500,000 1961 Ferrari has no chance versus an X-Bow.

Back